Pineapplepies's Content

There have been 132 items by Pineapplepies (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#351255 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 30 January 2016 - 12:04 PM in Darts and Barrels

If the one Pineapplepies showed the link to are the same as the ones I got from the link below I can tell you that they are not the same as ACCurate darts.  The red ones have tips that are solid and hard.  Not something I want to be shooting at little kids.

Here are what I bought to test.  
http://www.ebay.com/...b0AAOSwDNdV6TYc

If anyone wants me to cut them open to show just let me know.  

LGN

If you could test how well they work out of a variety of blasters with some being cut down and some being full that would be great. Along with that, I will try and test the same blasters as you with the ACCs I have if you don't have any of the ACCurates/Bullseyes. Finally, If we end up both testing the darts tell me how long you cut them down, what blasters you use, and what angle did you fire them at.

#351256 Any Nerfers around Northbrook or Glenview

Posted by Pineapplepies on 30 January 2016 - 12:11 PM in Nerf Wars

So I recently have gotten really into nerf, but unluckily I have not found any groups around my area. I was also looking into possibly hosting a war since I live near a massive field that could be used. Anyway, if anyone is around the area and would host a war/join one I create please tell me.

#351368 Cheap China Knockoff Darts

Posted by Pineapplepies on 06 February 2016 - 10:28 AM in General Nerf

The nipple Stefan darts from China look interesting, but they have been pulled for some reason, they look a lot better than the ACC darts, here's their FB page...https://www.facebook...57733731152808/

Hmm, interesting. I think that these may just be the tops of ACCurates on foam from fvjs and what not. I partially preposed this idea in the thread Cheerios posted and I am glad to see someone may have had the same idea.
Edit: If these do turn out to be just a cut down ACC head glued on to another bullets foam, then just cut down ACC darts and be done with it.

#351369 Nerf Megas Vs. Buytra Megas Vs. Buytra store Megas

Posted by Pineapplepies on 06 February 2016 - 11:08 AM in Darts and Barrels

So here is my review and comparison of different knock off Mega darts I bought. The two types of megas I will be reviewing are the Buytra store megas, and the Buytra megas along with comparing both those with Nerf mega dartsimage.jpg
(Nerf mega darts to left, Buytra store darts in middle, and Buytra mega darts to right, note the broken dart)

I will start with the prices:
Buytra darts:$6.64 for 30
Buyers store darts:$4.50 for 30
Nerf mega:$6.99 for 10(on Amazon)

Now to review each:
Buytra darts(darts to the right in picture):complete crap, do not buy these. Unluckily these are the more common type of knock offs and they have thin foam, solid heads, and horrible fit in all guns. Along with that, to top it all off, the heads break off so often that I have only used them around 5 times and already I am down to around 15 darts or so. Finally, most were squished while shipped and I had to put in a elite in each one to straigten them out

Nerf Megas(darts to the left in the photo):These are the nerf branded darts, and have a better head that is similar to buytra darts, along with being able to whistle. They have a good foam, and overall are good except for the price.

Buytra store darts(darts in the middle):These are very good darts, they are similar to nerf Megas, and can whistle. They have shiny heads, and fire very well out of mega guns along with seeming more "accurate". Finally, the only two problems I had were minor and was that some were squished(not all of them though, and the for the ones that were it was an easy fix) and that from time to time they would misfire. I will say these are a good alternative and that the misfires may just be because I didn't put elites in the darts that misfired.

Conclusion:the Buytra store darts (http://www.amazon.co...ailpage_o04_s00) are a good alternative and should be picked up of you need mega darts.
(If you want a range test tell me, I did shoot the Buyta store darts with a Rotofury down a hallway and they smacked the wall pretty hard)

#351975 So I was looking around...

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 March 2016 - 10:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

And I found this:
https://my.carousell.com/p/37030553
They are marketed as ACC V2 Prototype darts. Does anyone know if they're good? I may have to do some investigation.

Edit: Another link
https://sg.carousell.com/p/38162373

Yea do some research and see if they can be bought for cheaper. As someone who has ACCs, these look like they are going to solve all issues with the original black darts. I am going to also say if these happen to live up to the claims of not being black, having a longer stem, and can be fired out of flywheels then I will say these will hands down be one of the best darts on the market

#352153 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 March 2016 - 04:58 PM in Darts and Barrels

You need the image to be uploaded somewhere on the internet first.  Get that web address.

Then, put [ i m g ] (without the spaces), then the web address, then [ / i m g ] (also without the spaces.  There is also a button above the text field (Next to another button that looks like <>, its a mostly green box) that will help you with this.

I'm guessing you are Artifact Blaster Mod Works from Facebook?  I'm glad you found us on Nerfhaven (I was just recently asking about these same darts I think)
So for the image (from aformentioned facebook page) with the address (Long links automatically get shortened and turned into a hyperlink):

https://scontent-sea...405&oe=5760A425

add the image tags, and it should show up without users needing to use the link:

12592243_1657755167817331_15557831486783

Wait hold up, Just now realized that from the picture it seems Kane has the VTN's I linked above in this post. Kane, if these are In fact not the same as the ACC's can you do some extensive testing (Fire them out of a stock, modded, and homemade blaster and if possible compare them to the black ACC's) on those since I want to know if these are better than the ones Cheerios tested with.

#352175 What is this nerf gun?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 13 March 2016 - 12:22 PM in General Nerf

These types of blasters seem to be the #1 unknown blaster. If I remember, it is called the EZ squeeze 6 and multiple people have videos asking what these are. I don't think there is a lot on it so there is only so much people can tell you about this, but I would try to lean towards not breaking it since it seems semi rare

#352176 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 13 March 2016 - 12:30 PM in Darts and Barrels

In my use of these darts (Black ACCs) cut down, I've had much better luck hoppering them. They fed reliably more than 75% of the time. When I tried to fire them out of my XBZ longstrike, however, I had the tips flying off every other shot, with no dart lasting longer than 2 or 3 shots. I tried reinforcing the darts with straws, and filling the straws with hot glue, and that certainly stopped the heads from flying off. This straw reinforcement gave the darts too much rigidity, though, and they won't hopper at all anymore.

Ok, I would watch the news on those new prototype ACC's that are going to be not black and will have a longer stem.(that will help with the heads flying off) Those darts will probely fix that problem you are having but if you can't wait buy some vinyl tipped nipple darts but do realize they are basically aerodynamic FVJ's:http://www.ebay.com/...C0AAOSw5ZBWLYpW

#352388 Requesting Site Feedback

Posted by Pineapplepies on 23 March 2016 - 10:36 AM in Site Feedback

[url=https://youtu.be/RL6QLOlr_L8]This thread exists because the moderation staff (me in particular) wanted to clarify some existing misconceptions, and misunderstandings, about NerfHaven's moderation policies as well as ask users for honest feedback about what they like and don't like. Feel free to be totally honest; this is a "safe space," in the sense that no opinions* will cause you to be banned.

I have a few things to say but first I would like to put out there that some of you may remember me posting the topic "why is this wiki(learned it was a forum later on) so strict?" My point in pointing out that I was that person was since I got a lot of responses that in essence told me to first lurk until I wasn't a FNG, and that the strictness is what holds this site together. Secondly, while I won't try to offend Killzone here, but I think the admins should prevent threads like "Merf.co" from being so confusing by either taking it down or editing it. The reason why I think this should be done is since that overall the above thread made no sense whatsoever, and if I was new my reaction to that thread would be to leave the forum.(as a result of it making zero sense and all responses not helping at all.) Finally, this is more of a personal thing but I believe we should have a thread dedicated to semi-tricky mods like rewire/voltage boost guides for flywheels(since I am still working with Trustfires and have no clue how to rewire a nerf gun){side note:someone needs to correct and rework the modification directory}

#352837 Unknown air blaster

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 April 2016 - 09:00 AM in General Nerf

It's a clone of the Supermaxx Buzzer air bazooka. Utter garbage, sadly. I modded one before and it sucked. Not worth the time.

Hmm, then it seems that this blaster a air zone/stats blast air bazooka which was a clone of the Supermaxx buzzer air bazooka as said here(at the very top of page is were it says that the clone was the air zone air bazooka but unlucky no separate page since it seems this is semi-hard to find or just no one bought it)http://nerfpedialega...iki/Air_Bazooka

#353414 Cheap stock dart mods

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 May 2016 - 09:51 AM in Darts and Barrels

I agree, this type of round I also feel would never be war legal for any reason.

I would have to disagree, I feel that if one were to find a good padding to use with them they could make a non-metal Stefan or a better/slightly safer slug.(also people allow slugs in wars which have metal in them and I would like to ask if you would rather be hit by a high velocity dart with metal or a VERY small piece of wood) I think someone could cut these dowel rods down and use them hollowed out foam backer rod or ACC blanks, find a way to keep the dowel rod in the dart then pad the head of the dart so it would not hurt.

Edit:I am a bit confused and didn't notice that little wood thing which if that is the dart then that is definitely not safe but if the darts are the buzz bee extremes then they are most certainly safe

#353415 What Trustfires to get?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 May 2016 - 10:02 AM in General Nerf

But only get LiPo if you know how to care for them properly.

Heh heh that was my post you linked and since that post was "dead" I have been looking into rewiring my demolisher for a lipo and hear a lot of this. What does everyone mean by care for them properly besides just common sense? That honestly is the one reason why I haven't rewired yet since I have been worried that you need some crazy discharging method for lipos otherwise it will blow up in your face.

#353476 New darts tips

Posted by Pineapplepies on 14 May 2016 - 09:55 AM in Darts and Barrels

I make a new darts and a China darts company copy my designattachicon.gif87EE5B3657F65A7564ACCA8A057D1718.pngattachicon.gif96CF2180F8B7F3F91EC2A02D083DF2EA.png

Very interesting and just yesterday there was a thread going on about your amazing darts on buychina.com. Also I do have a question for you which is are the blue and gray darts that you have before and these just different dart heads on the exact(or very similar) elite foam?
Reason why I am asking is since there was a argument that I was in where someone claimed your darts are just elite dart foam with ACC or similar tips which would be fine but want to know how good the foam is that you have.

#353477 What Trustfires to get?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 14 May 2016 - 10:03 AM in General Nerf

Don't let the voltage drop too low (use a voltage meter or alarm)
Don't over-charge (i.e. raise the voltage too high)
Don't short the battery...always try your blaster with regular batteries and see if they get warm before you ever connect your LiPo. Relatedly, make sure all connections are well-insulated and secure. You don't want a short to happen during play.
Store LiPos in a cool, dry environment at a proper storage voltage. While in storage frequently check the individual cell voltage; they should be the same (aka balanced). Also look for any signs of the pack swelling.
Make sure the pack doesn't get punctured or squeezed in the blaster (or otherwise)
Use a proper charger (balance charger) and again make sure the cell voltages are all the same after charging/discharging.
Never leave a LiPo to charge unattended. Preferably do it away from flammable objects, and put the LiPo in a charging bag (which will prevent the spread of fire).
Go on an R/C site or something and read even more Do's and Don'ts.

By most accounts modern LiPos are more stable/safer than older ones but they still require care to prevent injuring yourself and others, or burning down your house.

Sounds a lot easier than I thought it would be and also when you say make sure to check the individual cells how would one do that is there some sort of device you need to check it or do you mean just charge it to a certain level?
Edit:have no idea if this a stupid question or not but just don't know much about lipos but for the most part here how good they are and how you should use them over all other battery types

#353499 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by Pineapplepies on 16 May 2016 - 07:40 AM in Darts and Barrels

At ice nines request here is a link for buying those new artifact darts that have started popping up in different places and are basically cut down ACCs in larger and cheaper amounts(darts sold here have been confirmed to be the artifact darts and I'm not sure if this link will ever go away unless production stops) http://www.buychina....ad-wtvqtuoqlhjm

Edit:not sure if this is considered a taobao link since what is above is the url from taobao on buychina.com but it is translated so it should be less confusing plus these can be shipped to places like Canada too

#353500 New darts tips

Posted by Pineapplepies on 16 May 2016 - 07:59 AM in Darts and Barrels

Interesting. What are the advantages over previous tip designs?

Although obviously I'm not the one who makes these but I would guess the heads would crack less(sometimes with ACC or similar heads cracks will start to form on the head after enough use), they may work in flywheels better, and be a bit more durable again due the fact that the stem seems longer

#353545 Overhauled Nerf Rapidstrike Uzi

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 May 2016 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

since you have to use unprotected ones or the circuit won't even start.

Actually I would like to chime in and agree trustfires and ultrafires aren't the best for this aplication but I will have oppose you on saying protected trustfires and ultrafires will not work since I have been able to make them work for a stryfe, hail fire, and demolisher although I will say the will eventually not work after a certain amount of use but that DOES NOT mean they won't run in flywheel blaster

#353884 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by Pineapplepies on 01 June 2016 - 07:36 AM in Darts and Barrels

Another thing about ACC darts is that they don't always feed reliably in flywheel blasters.

Yeah not sure if you know this or not but that has been known ever since they were first found as "chunlin" darts. If I remember correctly I was sadly one of the first to find that ACCs don't like flywheels the hard way after my demolisher decided to fling the head about 15 feet while the foam was still stuck in the magazine.

#353909 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by Pineapplepies on 02 June 2016 - 08:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

That's definitely a dislike lol. Is there a best flywheel blaster dart for the rayven?

No not at all I love ACC darts just pointing out that I learned the hard way that they do not like flywheels  :P and koosh darts are good for any flywheels unless you have a flywheel gun with that "rifling" since it seems to catch the head of koosh darts and make everything terrible (so in other words you need to remove that "rifling" or sand it down to use koosh darts but it is worth it and should be done)

#353960 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 June 2016 - 12:23 PM in Darts and Barrels

I've tried ACCs in my 4B but they just start tumbling mid air everytime

Try cutting them down, that has seemed to help a lot of issues like the one you have run into, and the cut down ACCs/bulleyes(Long live the name 2BlueBros proposed!)also are a little more accurate than full length ACCs

#355057 Artifact darts

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 July 2016 - 07:25 PM in Darts and Barrels

Still hoping for a miracle or design improvement on Artifact's end,  this is the closest the community has ever come to a legit source of darts

Can't agree with you more that a lot of potentially amazing darts have gotten so close to being created then just dropped. Artifact himself came on here and posted about new darts that would of if the design worked and the darts were cheap they would be the best and most bought of darts on the market. But then he kinda just went silent and the prototype new ACCS turned out to be not as rubbery as ACCS and sadly about as pricy as the original. I am wondering if you could try to find a way to weigh them down more by using some magical fairy dust or something non metal to fix the not flying straight at high speeds.

#356671 Tactical vest??!?!

Posted by Pineapplepies on 07 November 2016 - 04:44 PM in General Nerf

So as you can probaly tell by the title I am wondering about tactical vests for nerf. In particular does anyone know if this would work for 18 round nerf mags?(And quite possiblely 20 round buzz bee mags) https://www.amazon.c...oding=UTF8&th=1

I need some form of rig for hvz/wars so any suggestions I could get for holding many mags would be much appreciated. If someone knows another way of going about this which would be relatively inexpensive that would be great too.

#356992 Imr batteries and charger

Posted by Pineapplepies on 02 December 2016 - 04:42 PM in General Nerf

Title should explain what I'm asking about, but can someone please link me some 14500 imr batteries and a charger? Cheap would be preferable, along with it being on amazon if possible, but whatever works is best.

#357856 Anyone Hosting a Chicago-area/Northern Illinois Nerf War?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 06 February 2017 - 02:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Hi, I am a newcomer to this nerf war meetup website (thank God there is such a thing) and over the past few months I've been viewing the 2016 and now the 2017 Nerf War Schedules. It seems to me that most of the action is happening on either the east, west, or southern boarders of the United States of America. That is unfortunate and it would be quite an ordeal for me, personally, to have to pay for a couple hundred dollar plane ticket and fly a thousand miles just for a nerf war. That said, Is there anyone here that would be interested in hosting a Nerf War within a 2-Hour Radius of Chicago, Illinois?

That means no further north than Milwaukee, Wisconsin, no further south than Champaign, Illinois, no further west than Sterling, Illinois, and no further east than Elkhart, Indiana. Anything that is more-or-less the same distance as these cities (or closer) to Chicago would be acceptable for me. I would host it myself, but I have grave doubts that I could pull it off successfully as "the new guy" who has never attended a nerf war in his life. I simply don't want there to be any issues that could come up unexpectedly that would mean canceling the whole thing and have complaints about wasting everyone's time. It's not that I don't have the balls, believe me on that. Now, I am aware that there was a meeting in Milwaukee just a couple of months ago, but I happened to miss it right before I discovered NerfHaven. I am also aware that there is an upcoming war in Minnesota this April, but St. Paul is 6 hours by car and by Megabus its 8 hours+. That's just way out my range guys. But don't forget that there is also the possibility of human error and I might be just insanely blind. Perhaps there already is a war planned in the near future that will be happening somewhere close to me that I have not discovered yet. If that is the case, please just direct me to that thread. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you and God Bless.

Finally someone else near Chicago. Hate to tell you man but I really don't know if there is many people out here who nerf. I am here, am located around Northbrook/Glenview, and even have an amazing field out here that would work. Only problem is I don't know who would be interested and I am not crazy into modding and only have some basic things so would be outclassed by anyone experienced. Personally, if you and I can stir up some interest I would be willing to host it even though I likely would be younger than most. So if anyone is around Chicago area or would be willing to come out to Glenview/Northbrook, or if someone more experienced would like to run it and I can provide the field, then we would be able to pull this off.

#357876 Anyone Hosting a Chicago-area/Northern Illinois Nerf War?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 07 February 2017 - 01:11 PM in Nerf Wars

For what it's worth, I'm often willing to drive down to the Chicago area to attend a war.

Ok so that's three people, not enough for a war yet but I always can get some others, if anyone else is willing to make it out here, i could host this.

#357877 Magazine pouches, pockets or holsters th at suit the Worker 22 Banana

Posted by Pineapplepies on 07 February 2017 - 01:36 PM in General Nerf

Any AK/7.62/FAL/M14/308 type mag pouches should hold any nerf mag. For instance, one single stack AK pouch holds one nerf mag, and a double stack pouch for AK mags hold 2 nerf mags. 

This holds 6 18s and lots of other pockets. lots of HVZers use this. 
http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/B005OIBYQM

http://www.ebay.com/...wKKrqVe5hXUfxWg

http://www.ebay.com/...LkAAOSwWnFV91vZ

I remember you recommending this, one question though. I did some more research and since you said that ak mag pouches work, would this one work? I know it's not a rig but personally I would rather get something I can keep adding onto than maximum amount of mags:https://www.amazon.c...molle mag pouch
And would this work for the 22rd worker, 20 buzz bee mag, and 18 round nerf?

Edit:hope this isn't too off topic from the main post but the main post has to do with mags of similar size so this may be a viable option on a molle rig. To my knowledge, you can keep adding mags so theoretically you could have 3 or 4 sets of the thing I listed on a rig and that would be about double the capacity of what you listed, albeit much more expensive but also more versatile and longer lasting, especially good if you are running a rapid strike/hyperfire

#357879 Magazine pouches, pockets or holsters th at suit the Worker 22 Banana

Posted by Pineapplepies on 07 February 2017 - 04:32 PM in General Nerf

If you stack too many molle pouches on top of one another, they get very awkward very fast, and also since they're soft-sided they start to squish up and make it hard to pull stuff out of the back pouches. I'd really only want to two tiers (Ie pouch on a pouch on a vest/belt) for reliability purposes. But yes, those should hold nerf mags.

I mean I was assuming you would do something about that by making some form of stretching and support system out of wood, or rope, or springs. Something like that, i don't know I am just saying that chances are it would be possible to figure out how to fix that issue.

#357938 Magazine pouches, pockets or holsters th at suit the Worker 22 Banana

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 February 2017 - 11:25 AM in General Nerf

I think at the point you're trying to cobble together a goldberg-esque confabulation of molle mag pouches, duct tape, and 2x4's you should just get a nice messenger bag and call it a day.

What's the fun in having a messenger bag when as I said you could theoretically have mags going as far out as you can reach, yeah you would be weighed down but you would never run out of ammo. I would bet a long as you are athletic enough you could last the longest in any hvz if you have enough mags. In fact, I have thought of making a rifle that has two sets of workable flywheels in it as to allow you to fire out of the back magazine well to always have ammo to fire. And that coupled with a setup like this would allow you to last forever in anything not power based

#357939 Anyone Hosting a Chicago-area/Northern Illinois Nerf War?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 February 2017 - 11:34 AM in Nerf Wars

How have you guys not found the big CNW group on Facebook?  Many of the members can also be found here, and they usually post the war threads here, but most of the planning is done on the FB group.
https://www.facebook...hicagonerfwars/

Draconis I don't have Facebook, plus there should be a war for people like me.

Hey! Well what do you know... People responded!

I'm sorry for not responding quicker, I didn't think I would get any responses within the first couple days. I'm not really familiar with how many people we would need for a war. I assumed about 10 or 15 would the minimum for it to be worth it. We still need a few people, but it's a start. Thanks for agreeing to host, Pineapplepies. Like I said, I've never done this before and I don't know any other players so really you 2 guys are going to be the ones that invite other players, decide what rules we will play by, what guns we are going to use, and if mods are acceptable or not. The future is in your hands....

Just for yall's information, I have the following guns: The Vulcan Minigun, a Recon CS-6, The Retaliator, 2 Hammershot Blasters, and a Nite Finder Pistol. Some of these guns are a few years old and unfortunately don't work as well as they used to. Also, I have about 150 random darts for use. If we manage to gather enough players, I'm probably going to go shopping for some nice guns before the war.

I live in Norwood Park neighborhood in Chicago. I feel kind of bad for HQRSE CQCK that has to drive 5+ hours from Rochester, Minnesota. When I saw that I couldn't believe it. That's a pretty insane drive just for a nerf war.  It just goes to show that us "Nerfers" are far and few between and we've got to make the most of every war. So lets kick some Fuckin' Ass with this war!

Wow ok so maybe I don't have as few things as I thought, I have all of what you have plus MUCH more and most of mine are modded if possible. I am also sorry for not responding quick, didn't get this until I got back from a trip. Ok so I mean as I said above, I still feel like we should attempt a nerfhaven run one because I don't have Facebook. I mean we could get some people from that group too. Other than that still seeing if anyone else is willing to come, reply to this if you want to come

#358085 Anyone Hosting a Chicago-area/Northern Illinois Nerf War?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 20 February 2017 - 03:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for late response drafted something then forgot to post it and then life got crazy but no I'm not dead

So I went looking around on some other forms. I responded to a few people living in neighboring states like Iowa and Michigan and invited them to join our war. However, it sucks because everyone seems to be at least 3 hours away from Chicago. That's going to be a major problem for many people, I can just feel it. I hope that we can pull this off before the end of spring because I probably will be moving out of state for college this summer so I won't be living in Chicago anymore.

That said, we don't need to rush.... But we've got to have our nerf war before then. Invite as many people as possible. Search this website for forums, even if those people live like 4 or 5 hours away. Pineapplepies: I joined that Facebook group that dude from Oregon talked about. It's an Indoor Arena, probably similar to Paintball. There's actually an event going on in a week, but I'm sick right now so I won't go. You should make an account and join: https://www.facebook...10849652421933/

Anyway, if you know someone that just might enjoy a few games of nerf, go ahead and ask him/her if they would be interested in joining. I've got someone that might come with me depending on when we plan out the game day. We need everyone we can get.

Yes, if we can drum up some more support that would be great, I have about 30 or so people who I could get to join, most of them would be younger than me though and not all of them will be available but that being said they also wouldn't have much stuff, some of the, have their own things but in terms of being well equipped so far to my knowledge that would be just me. Let's see if we can get some more people and host a war on a place that is literally begging to be used. Speaking of which, there is a MASSIVE field I could host this on, which is from one end to the other at least a 2 minute walk for a average size human so pretty large. Other than that, let's just continue and see if we can do this.

Just didn't want you guys to miss out on a strong group because you have the wrong idea.

Draconis we can still do this if we want, you don't always have to be so much of a downer all of them time and I have been around for some time so I have seen your posts. I still want to host a war because personally it would be preferable to be able to finally become a part of the community and to be able to quite possibly win against people much older than me

Edit:also, we have a indoor place we could do this too, not extremely large but sizable enough that it could host a small war with downwards of 30 people

#358136 Anyone Hosting a Chicago-area/Northern Illinois Nerf War?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 February 2017 - 12:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not trying to discourage you from hosting your own war.  Unfortunately, yes, I feel like I have to be a downer, because people get a little short sighted sometimes and need a reality check.  It isn't personal.

Fair enough, I can see why you would want to say that, and hey that's fine to be a downer just don't go around saying things along the lines of "don't do this because there is another group and you guys have a bad idea" because that can be picked up like how I did which was I thought you were trying to discourage us from doing a war. 

My point is though I have been itching to get involved in the community and quite possibly run something myself because we have a perfect location and a bunch of people that would come.(As i mentioned I can get up to 30 people by myself)

It looks like you've been around this site for a while and are pretty active as of late. I was curious if you knew anyone from our area that could join this war, or anyone from the west coast that has contacts near us. There's obviously a great nerf scene on both the east and west coasts, but in terms of the Midwest: every major group is scattered at least 2 or 3 hours away from Chicago i.e. Grand Rapids, Milwaukee, Iowa City, Dayton, etc. As you see there hasn't been a huge response from since the posting, kind of odd for the 3rd largest city in America. I've a feeling that maybe all we need is some advertising to get people's attention. What do you say man?

Also, Jim, I find it funny that you could be my dad. No disrespect or nothing, it's just a little weird and funny. Its good to see that age doesn't take the fun out of Nerf for ya. Hopefully I'll be the same in 20 years.

Yeah, at this point I think it may be smart to post a thread about this. I will do that right now in fact and we can continue this there, but I feel like it would be smart to put this in a place where people know what we are talking about by the title. I think that would be ample advertising and would get us somewhere, and think why we haven't gotten anyone is because few people check every thread.

#358138 Anyone willing to come out for a Chicago area nerf war?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 February 2017 - 12:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Hello,

So if anyone has payed attention to the thread talking about hosting a nerf war in Chicago area this is continued from there. What I am wondering if is anyone would be willing to come out to 60025 area for a war. People of all ages would be allowed and mention if anyone else would join you. We need a headcount to see if we have enough to host a war.

So far we have myself, and up to 30 others for a definite(realistically about 10-15)

Possible others(who have mentioned they may attend)

Daniel Beaver

Pacnick11

We haven't figured out the rules yet, however we would allow mostly everything so expect a more intense war, and we would allow all kinds of mods and maybe homemades if enough people have them. For playing area we have a very large field that is long enough to launch sizeable model rockets and have them end up in grass so you calculate how large a field would need to be to do that.

So anyone interested? If so just please comment below

#358152 Anyone willing to come out for a Chicago area nerf war?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 February 2017 - 09:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Whoa, thats 4 hours away, but I'll ask the parents(so maybe). Do you know when you are thinking this will be?

Mid march or April, we still need to see if we can get anyone else before we finalize date

#358189 Anyone willing to come out for a Chicago area nerf war?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 24 February 2017 - 02:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey! I think his name is Daniel Beaver, he mentioned that maybe we should just try playing with just 4-6 players to start off. Would you consider it? I would do it if no one else decides to join our war, but I don't know if that would be worth it for people driving 3-4 hours. I think we need at least 10 players before we set a time and date. What do you think man?

Yup, fine with me, we should see if we can get anyone else, keep up the good work, we need more people because I would prefer if we have more people from here than my friends to keep it interesting, but yeah keep messaging people stuff and send messages to people near the area. 4-6 would be fine but I want to see if we can get more because I know what I'm doing, I may be young but I can be a leader and can easily handle a bunch of people, in fact it is I, a mid teenager that is hosting a local 40+ war for my neighbor with cancer so I think I can handle it. 

#358260 Anyone Hosting a Chicago-area/Northern Illinois Nerf War?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 27 February 2017 - 04:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I was searching even further through the older forums on this site and found this Chicagoland Nerf Facebook group: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/topic/27300-scsnw-presents-frozen-foam-n-foliage-il/?hl=chicago 

The link advertises a war that happened last November in Romeoville, but maybe we could use it to invite some people that have attended one of their wars? I can do it myself, I have an account.

Yes, use that, use anything you can, we just need people, I don't care if we get 60 people or 6 people, we just should get a war up and running because I would like to meet the community.

#358485 Nerf blaster types?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 10 March 2017 - 11:21 AM in General Nerf

Hey gang, after a very lengthy hiatus I have returned...I did some searching and did not see a current topic for this and thought I pick some wise Nerfer brains:

I have gotten into Nerf FPS videos  (Aaron Esser on YouTube has some very popular ones based on CoD) and it got me to thinking about compiling some info to create some FPS videos with friends. I thought of making one with just Pistols (more of a Goldeneye ruleset I think) and started looking up pistol type Nerf blasters and wanted some insight on what blasters would be the ideal fit for that?Thanks

Thanks in advance guys!

Depends how far you are willing to go to make stuff, and if you are looking for the actual guns to look real. You can do anything from buying a doubleshot, cpvc, and make a western pistol to maverick, cyclone shock, and of the airtech guns so airtech 2000, 3000, or 4000, mono-blast etc. If you wanted to have like a future type battle any of the cyber strike gear works, and also any of the alien menace stuff.

Edit: I mean like really just look on the wiki for what you want, there are hundreds of blasters that work and you could use, some are harder to find than others, then just hit up eBay and search for that stuff, I mean hell even a tek 6 if painted could look cool so really unless you are going for performance then go with really anything buzz bee or stats blast

#358488 Anyone willing to come out for a Chicago area nerf war?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 10 March 2017 - 12:48 PM in Nerf Wars

We still have no response, we need people for this war, so anyone who sees this and would come out PLEASE say something.

#358489 What would be the best way to mod a nert dart?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 10 March 2017 - 12:55 PM in Darts and Barrels

I have been looking around for the best way to mod a nerf dart but are not sure which is the best.What way do you mod your darts?Or what is the best 3rd party darts to buy?

ACCurate darts are great, but I would just get bulleyes/precut or cutdown ACCs otherwise known as artifact darts. That would be for springers, for all around I would get the waffle darts, and for flywheels you will want Koosh darts. If you want slug type darts SCS work too, in link above, and the full length ones are accurate and my second choice for springers.

As for modding darts, putting straws in them, and cutting off the tip in elites and streamlines and making a glue dome are good ways to mod the darts to make them more accurate.

#358578 Nerf blaster types?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 16 March 2017 - 10:52 AM in General Nerf

Here;s the thing...I want them to be stock blasters much like the videos Ive found in my scanning YouTube so modded blasters are probably out

Is there a reason why you don't want modded? Usually unless you are firing it and you are worried about speed you don't ever need to worry about power or unfairness for others because you use effects instead of darts. However if REQUIRE not to use mods then that's just your loss, you can make trillions of replicas and look alikes when you are limited to  less than 1000 guns from all blaster brands, many of which won't ever look real unless you mod them or paint them

Edit:Ok fair enough you want stock but do realize modded stuff can look cooler and add uniqueness to the gun, and worst case just mod something and paint it to look normal, like that elite stampede mod drac did a video on

Here is what I have as far as somewhat current Pistol type blasters

Triad EX-3
Glowshot
Elite Firestrike
Falconfire
Jolt
Disruptor
Strongarm
Bigshock

Rockets would probably be all Tri-Strike, Demolisher and Thunder Blast...that about right?

There are more, if you want to go vintage you can get everything from a big blast, to titan, to ultimate missile blast(Don't listen to me on the big blast one though unless you mod because they are hard to get for cheap prices and are popular so don't kill one of those for something like this, leave it to someone who needs it). As for miniguns if you want one go with a dart zone scorpion or air zone punisher. For pistols really anything works from the tech target to the flipfury.

#358585 Anyone willing to come out for a Chicago area nerf war?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 16 March 2017 - 04:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I don't understand it at all. My original forum has been active for over a month already. There's 9.4 Million people living in the Chicagoland area and we get only 4 players? Let me say that again: 9.4 Million. That is an insane number of people. There should be way, way more people responding to this forum. I shouldn't have to look into other NerfHaven forums or venture into the world of Facebook just to invite players living 3-4 hours away. What about the 2.7 million residents of Chicago? Where the hell are all the Chicagoans? This is the largest city in America for Christ's Sake!!!!

Yeah you are right, it is crazy, I just don't understand how so few people are into this hobby it is great.

If you're having issues with outreach, you might have to branch out to Facebook (the Chicago Nerf Wars group is fairly active). They're hosting their Dawn of Foam war on April 2nd, that would probably be a good occasion for you to meet some other nerfers in your area and spread the word that you're willing to host wars.

Ok, well thanks for advice, pacnick this is your que, see if you can go to this, I know im going to be away but that being said I want to see if one of us could go and we could advertise.