Pineapplepies's Content

There have been 132 items by Pineapplepies (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#353415 What Trustfires to get?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 May 2016 - 10:02 AM in General Nerf

But only get LiPo if you know how to care for them properly.

Heh heh that was my post you linked and since that post was "dead" I have been looking into rewiring my demolisher for a lipo and hear a lot of this. What does everyone mean by care for them properly besides just common sense? That honestly is the one reason why I haven't rewired yet since I have been worried that you need some crazy discharging method for lipos otherwise it will blow up in your face.

#353414 Cheap stock dart mods

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 May 2016 - 09:51 AM in Darts and Barrels

I agree, this type of round I also feel would never be war legal for any reason.

I would have to disagree, I feel that if one were to find a good padding to use with them they could make a non-metal Stefan or a better/slightly safer slug.(also people allow slugs in wars which have metal in them and I would like to ask if you would rather be hit by a high velocity dart with metal or a VERY small piece of wood) I think someone could cut these dowel rods down and use them hollowed out foam backer rod or ACC blanks, find a way to keep the dowel rod in the dart then pad the head of the dart so it would not hurt.

Edit:I am a bit confused and didn't notice that little wood thing which if that is the dart then that is definitely not safe but if the darts are the buzz bee extremes then they are most certainly safe

#352837 Unknown air blaster

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 April 2016 - 09:00 AM in General Nerf

It's a clone of the Supermaxx Buzzer air bazooka. Utter garbage, sadly. I modded one before and it sucked. Not worth the time.

Hmm, then it seems that this blaster a air zone/stats blast air bazooka which was a clone of the Supermaxx buzzer air bazooka as said here(at the very top of page is were it says that the clone was the air zone air bazooka but unlucky no separate page since it seems this is semi-hard to find or just no one bought it)http://nerfpedialega...iki/Air_Bazooka

#352388 Requesting Site Feedback

Posted by Pineapplepies on 23 March 2016 - 10:36 AM in Site Feedback

[url=https://youtu.be/RL6QLOlr_L8]This thread exists because the moderation staff (me in particular) wanted to clarify some existing misconceptions, and misunderstandings, about NerfHaven's moderation policies as well as ask users for honest feedback about what they like and don't like. Feel free to be totally honest; this is a "safe space," in the sense that no opinions* will cause you to be banned.

I have a few things to say but first I would like to put out there that some of you may remember me posting the topic "why is this wiki(learned it was a forum later on) so strict?" My point in pointing out that I was that person was since I got a lot of responses that in essence told me to first lurk until I wasn't a FNG, and that the strictness is what holds this site together. Secondly, while I won't try to offend Killzone here, but I think the admins should prevent threads like "Merf.co" from being so confusing by either taking it down or editing it. The reason why I think this should be done is since that overall the above thread made no sense whatsoever, and if I was new my reaction to that thread would be to leave the forum.(as a result of it making zero sense and all responses not helping at all.) Finally, this is more of a personal thing but I believe we should have a thread dedicated to semi-tricky mods like rewire/voltage boost guides for flywheels(since I am still working with Trustfires and have no clue how to rewire a nerf gun){side note:someone needs to correct and rework the modification directory}

#352176 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 13 March 2016 - 12:30 PM in Darts and Barrels

In my use of these darts (Black ACCs) cut down, I've had much better luck hoppering them. They fed reliably more than 75% of the time. When I tried to fire them out of my XBZ longstrike, however, I had the tips flying off every other shot, with no dart lasting longer than 2 or 3 shots. I tried reinforcing the darts with straws, and filling the straws with hot glue, and that certainly stopped the heads from flying off. This straw reinforcement gave the darts too much rigidity, though, and they won't hopper at all anymore.

Ok, I would watch the news on those new prototype ACC's that are going to be not black and will have a longer stem.(that will help with the heads flying off) Those darts will probely fix that problem you are having but if you can't wait buy some vinyl tipped nipple darts but do realize they are basically aerodynamic FVJ's:http://www.ebay.com/...C0AAOSw5ZBWLYpW

#352175 What is this nerf gun?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 13 March 2016 - 12:22 PM in General Nerf

These types of blasters seem to be the #1 unknown blaster. If I remember, it is called the EZ squeeze 6 and multiple people have videos asking what these are. I don't think there is a lot on it so there is only so much people can tell you about this, but I would try to lean towards not breaking it since it seems semi rare

#352153 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 March 2016 - 04:58 PM in Darts and Barrels

You need the image to be uploaded somewhere on the internet first.  Get that web address.

Then, put [ i m g ] (without the spaces), then the web address, then [ / i m g ] (also without the spaces.  There is also a button above the text field (Next to another button that looks like <>, its a mostly green box) that will help you with this.

I'm guessing you are Artifact Blaster Mod Works from Facebook?  I'm glad you found us on Nerfhaven (I was just recently asking about these same darts I think)
So for the image (from aformentioned facebook page) with the address (Long links automatically get shortened and turned into a hyperlink):

https://scontent-sea...405&oe=5760A425

add the image tags, and it should show up without users needing to use the link:

12592243_1657755167817331_15557831486783

Wait hold up, Just now realized that from the picture it seems Kane has the VTN's I linked above in this post. Kane, if these are In fact not the same as the ACC's can you do some extensive testing (Fire them out of a stock, modded, and homemade blaster and if possible compare them to the black ACC's) on those since I want to know if these are better than the ones Cheerios tested with.

#351975 So I was looking around...

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 March 2016 - 10:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

And I found this:
https://my.carousell.com/p/37030553
They are marketed as ACC V2 Prototype darts. Does anyone know if they're good? I may have to do some investigation.

Edit: Another link
https://sg.carousell.com/p/38162373

Yea do some research and see if they can be bought for cheaper. As someone who has ACCs, these look like they are going to solve all issues with the original black darts. I am going to also say if these happen to live up to the claims of not being black, having a longer stem, and can be fired out of flywheels then I will say these will hands down be one of the best darts on the market

#351369 Nerf Megas Vs. Buytra Megas Vs. Buytra store Megas

Posted by Pineapplepies on 06 February 2016 - 11:08 AM in Darts and Barrels

So here is my review and comparison of different knock off Mega darts I bought. The two types of megas I will be reviewing are the Buytra store megas, and the Buytra megas along with comparing both those with Nerf mega dartsimage.jpg
(Nerf mega darts to left, Buytra store darts in middle, and Buytra mega darts to right, note the broken dart)

I will start with the prices:
Buytra darts:$6.64 for 30
Buyers store darts:$4.50 for 30
Nerf mega:$6.99 for 10(on Amazon)

Now to review each:
Buytra darts(darts to the right in picture):complete crap, do not buy these. Unluckily these are the more common type of knock offs and they have thin foam, solid heads, and horrible fit in all guns. Along with that, to top it all off, the heads break off so often that I have only used them around 5 times and already I am down to around 15 darts or so. Finally, most were squished while shipped and I had to put in a elite in each one to straigten them out

Nerf Megas(darts to the left in the photo):These are the nerf branded darts, and have a better head that is similar to buytra darts, along with being able to whistle. They have a good foam, and overall are good except for the price.

Buytra store darts(darts in the middle):These are very good darts, they are similar to nerf Megas, and can whistle. They have shiny heads, and fire very well out of mega guns along with seeming more "accurate". Finally, the only two problems I had were minor and was that some were squished(not all of them though, and the for the ones that were it was an easy fix) and that from time to time they would misfire. I will say these are a good alternative and that the misfires may just be because I didn't put elites in the darts that misfired.

Conclusion:the Buytra store darts (http://www.amazon.co...ailpage_o04_s00) are a good alternative and should be picked up of you need mega darts.
(If you want a range test tell me, I did shoot the Buyta store darts with a Rotofury down a hallway and they smacked the wall pretty hard)

#351368 Cheap China Knockoff Darts

Posted by Pineapplepies on 06 February 2016 - 10:28 AM in General Nerf

The nipple Stefan darts from China look interesting, but they have been pulled for some reason, they look a lot better than the ACC darts, here's their FB page...https://www.facebook...57733731152808/

Hmm, interesting. I think that these may just be the tops of ACCurates on foam from fvjs and what not. I partially preposed this idea in the thread Cheerios posted and I am glad to see someone may have had the same idea.
Edit: If these do turn out to be just a cut down ACC head glued on to another bullets foam, then just cut down ACC darts and be done with it.

#351256 Any Nerfers around Northbrook or Glenview

Posted by Pineapplepies on 30 January 2016 - 12:11 PM in Nerf Wars

So I recently have gotten really into nerf, but unluckily I have not found any groups around my area. I was also looking into possibly hosting a war since I live near a massive field that could be used. Anyway, if anyone is around the area and would host a war/join one I create please tell me.

#351255 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 30 January 2016 - 12:04 PM in Darts and Barrels

If the one Pineapplepies showed the link to are the same as the ones I got from the link below I can tell you that they are not the same as ACCurate darts.  The red ones have tips that are solid and hard.  Not something I want to be shooting at little kids.

Here are what I bought to test.  
http://www.ebay.com/...b0AAOSwDNdV6TYc

If anyone wants me to cut them open to show just let me know.  

LGN

If you could test how well they work out of a variety of blasters with some being cut down and some being full that would be great. Along with that, I will try and test the same blasters as you with the ACCs I have if you don't have any of the ACCurates/Bullseyes. Finally, If we end up both testing the darts tell me how long you cut them down, what blasters you use, and what angle did you fire them at.

#351096 Weird Rapidfire 20 knockoff abomination thing

Posted by Pineapplepies on 24 January 2016 - 03:28 PM in General Nerf

So I just surfing the web for nerf guns, and eventually found this. http://www.alibaba.c...858.35.1.r7NooU
Now at first I thought WHAT THE HECK IS THIS(which anyone would due to how weird this looks), but then I decided I may as well ask if anyone has any info on these type of knockoffs and wether or not I should try one out.

#351031 Tek 6 spring fitting in nerf guns?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 January 2016 - 12:59 PM in Modifications

I would like to start by saying that I only have so much time to wait for a response, but wanted to ask if anyone knows the nerf guns that the spring of a tek 6 can be switched out for BESIDES the snapfire. I am looking to boost the preformence of one of my guns, and the spring of a tek 6 is actually kind of powerful.

#350906 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 19 January 2016 - 01:16 PM in Darts and Barrels

Alright, fine, I'll listen to Walcom's yammering ;)

Anyway, yeah they do seem lo launch well in his video. I would still want to actually see how they fly over long distances, and out of a homemade springer. For instance do they seem to "float" after a while, do they suddenly drop, or do they maintain their velocity nicely like well made hot-glue domes with heavy weights?

Which darts are you talking about, Fvn or bullseyes/ACCs? If you are talking about the darts this post is about, Acc darts, then they fly very straight for the most part. Along with that, these are the most accurate and farthest flying darts I have when fired out of a Titan too so that answers the high powered blaster question.

#350897 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 19 January 2016 - 08:00 AM in Darts and Barrels

Looks like the VTNs are lighter so they may not work as well as ACCs out of high velocity blasters, but no way to know for sure but to try.

One thing the ACCs have going is it seems like they have a short stem. This means that a) most of the weight is in the actual tip (better for flight stability) and B) they will bend easier when going through a hopper.

Again, not trying to be rude but above I said Walcoms7 on YouTube did do a review on this type of dart and it worked fine out of his berserk long strike, so yes they do fly as a well as a Fvj but are as aerodynamic as a ACC or bullseye(As 2ndbluesbros proposed and I liked)
Edit:If there was a comparison between the bulleyes and the cut down Fvn darts to slugs and stefans, it would be stefans to Acc, and Fvns being a more aerodynamic slug

#350860 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

Good demolisher rewire tutorial: https://www.youtube....h?v=fsj_G2gGxoc

Never rewire while a battery is attached. Follow that rule, and cuttin g a wire will never result in things blowing up.

After a rewire, always test with normal AA batteries first. If they heat up or act weird, you have a short (which would be bad with the various lithium batteries). If everything seems good, then put in your NiMH'lithium/whatever batteries.

"protected" trustfires

Wait so should I not be using the trustfires, or was that just a result of overcharging which is something I am in fact aware of.

#350858 Possible indoor chicagoland or milwaukee area?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 04:44 PM in Nerf Wars

if you are talking around Northbrook or Glenview(or an 1 hour or so drive) then yeah.

#350846 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 10:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

Oh, ok. So are those better than the china darts? I would think they would be lighter but I haven't weighed them so I'm not sure. I may order some if someone's tested them in the same way as these to make sure they fire from hoppers from homemades as straight as regular Stefans.

Yeah, in a way they are, Walcoms7 did a video on them and I believe they have equal if not more weight(since they head has more volume) They lowest price I have found them for is around the same of the lowest you can find Fvj's for, so these may be a alternative.(Walcoms7's review is on YouTube, look under videos and it should be near the top, although the ones he reviewed were the ones on Amazon. They still are the same dart though)

Edit:Sorry, I didn't read what you said about them firing straight out of a gun until now. Walcom did fire them out of a Longstrike with a Berzerker tank in his review and I believe they fired well.

#350844 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 10:09 AM in Darts and Barrels

Those are FVJs, a different kind of dart. They are good as well but not really as good for shooting from heavily modded blasters or homemades.

Yeah, I know they are like Fvjs. I was pointing out if you want a aerodynamic dart and need to fire it out of high powered thing then those are the darts to go with, along with them being more brightly colored.

#350843 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 10:05 AM in Darts and Barrels

I have seen both of these on Amazon, and they appear to have solid rubber heads. Not as squishy as these black ones, but still better than FVJs.
http://www.amazon.co...019PIYYRW?psc=1
http://www.amazon.co...VNZRTYW8DEGY2H4

In no way do I mean to be a jerk or rude to you, but I would recommend to get those off of eBay by searching nerf darts bullet head and scrolling down. The price of them gets down to about $4 for 100 and that is about three times less than the ones on Amazon.http://www.ebay.com/...a0AAOSw3ydV3LHt

#350833 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:57 PM in Darts and Barrels

This looks pretty appealing beyond the black foam color.

I know where to find things like with with different colors, only problem is that they are plastic tipped but if you are fine with that here they are. http://www.ebay.com/...a0AAOSw3ydV3LHt

#350832 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:44 PM in Modifications

No matter what, a full rewire (or even full internal upgrade including microswitches and a lipo connector) will be complimentary or even required.

Ok, but the only problem is that I don't know where to get the wire for rewiring my Demolisher. I also have not attempted anything like that so if you can tell me where I can find a tutorial on how to rewire and remove locks like the thermoresister that would be great since I don't want to end up blowing my self up when I severe the wrong wire.

#350831 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:35 PM in Modifications

IMRs are good. If used with stock motors use no more than two. Use "dummy batteries" like these, not more AA batteries to fill the other spots.

NIMH  rechargeables like Eneloops are also good. With stock motors you can use four.

Trustfires and Ultrafires are horrible and may explode on you and/or burn your house down.

Well why do you think I got the protected ones? Along with that, could you link a charger for the IMR's if there is any?

#350830 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:33 PM in Modifications

Is this a normal unmodded demolisher, or doesn't have just basic mods (lock removal, etc)?
Mixing batteryou brands and types is never good, mixing trustfire and generic AA could have damaged your motors.
So the question is, does it still rev if you use just generic AA batteries?

Yeah, I know it is not good to mix batteries, I already had a topic about that. Also, Yes, it does still work just fine.

#350806 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 16 January 2016 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

So some of you may or may not of seen the topic that I posted about my Demolisher not reving as a result of putting trustfires in with regular double A's, and in the end I am forced to buy new batteries. I am wondering, for anyone who uses double A replacement batteries, what would you recommend:Trustfire or ultrafire or IMR? Along with that, does it matter if they are protected? And finally, what charger would you recommend for your favored battery?

#350716 China Darts Review

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 January 2016 - 10:00 PM in Darts and Barrels

Cool, I have these too and was considering cutting them down and doing the same you did but just didn't. Also, I disagree that these hurt more than slugs, but I am not stating that it isn't possible that they can hurt more. Finally, although it doesn't matter too much, most people including me refer to them as either ACC darts, accurates, or Chunlin darts(after the seller on amazon were originally found) and while I don't mean annoying about it but it may help some to know what exactly these are called or at least have a name for these.

http://www.amazon.co...rts bullet head(where I bought mine)

#349995 Question: Will Nerf Titan shoot Demolisher Missiles?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 14 December 2015 - 02:01 PM in Modifications

I don't have a Titan or a Demolisher, but I was hoping if someone could tell me whether or not a Titan would be able to shoot the new missiles that come with the Demolisher or the Thunderblast.

much appreciated.

It cannot shoot Demolisher rockets, but if you put a simple Cpvc barrel with duck tape wrapped on the outside it can. Only problem is that I have experienced Titan barrels not wanting to unscrew before, which would lead to it being harder to rebarrel it to shoot elites/missiles.

#349922 Chunlin Darts on Amazon, similar to Xplorer darts

Posted by Pineapplepies on 09 December 2015 - 10:39 AM in Darts and Barrels

Do yo u have the link for the chunlin darts? They've been taken off of amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...rts bullet head

This should work, sorry for not shorting the link to one word but I couldn't find how to do it with the new interface. So if someone knows how to make a long url show up as a single word please tell me.

#349905 Second new worker thing that I have found on ebay

Posted by Pineapplepies on 08 December 2015 - 12:28 PM in General Nerf

If you don't care about being shamed by the nerf modder masterrace i think it is a definitely good purchase.   

People can call me a newB for this but who cares: I bought the rebarreling kit from worker and pushed them into a cycloneshock, BOOM! instant gratification my cycloneshock now shoots koosh darts as accurately and as far as most modified springers and the "mod" only took about 16 seconds.  

Thank you, that answers my question about knock off darts. I just had that feeling during bobololo's review that the horrible accuracy was due to the flaw in elites, and sure enough I was correct!

#349866 Barricade will not power on out of box.

Posted by Pineapplepies on 06 December 2015 - 10:41 PM in General Nerf

Hey, I've found no help this far. I bought my son one of these. he is not strong enough to prime or pump  anything else so far. I pulled it out and decided to try it before wrapping it for Christmas. After switching it on 3 times and empty out the darts each time, it will no longer power on. Every soldering point looks intact. Batteries were RAYOVAC brand new. In typing this I realize I could go buy better batteries. Still any feedback  would be so much appreciated!!

Thank you very much
-Adam

Not sure if it is too late, but I would think you may want to try and see if the switch feels like it is stuck. If it is and that is the problem, then try pulling the trigger all the way. To my knowledge, both the Stockage and the Barricade will jam like that from time to time since the pusher arm will get stuck.

#349830 Using Gen 3 Koosh darts in a Rapidstrike

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 December 2015 - 02:33 PM in Darts and Barrels

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking into transitioning to using a Stryfe, but I will probably remove the skirt to see if that fixes the problem. I question whether it will, because I understand that skirt helps center the dart before going through the flywheels and I imagine the spinning out is due to some darts existing the flywheels off center (just a theory).

Also, I never have jamming issues (although I'm just running 6 NiMH cells).

I didn't know that the skirt did that, since it didn't do anything wrong to my freind's Demolisher when I took off the skirt because would not stop jamming.

#349827 Using Gen 3 Koosh darts in a Rapidstrike

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 December 2015 - 12:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

Anyone use 3rd generation Koosh darts in a Rapidstrike? I noticed every 6 or so shot out of the my Rapidstrike tend to twirl, spin out, or helicopter.

Anyone else observe this and if so, do you know what the cause is and how to fix it? I wonder if removing the skirt might help?

There is a way to remove the skirt, and although it may not help, I would still do this anyway since removing the skirt lowers the chance jamming by a lot. What you need to do is open up the jam door without a clip in(make sure there is no way the flywheels can activate) and stick you finger in the part where the darts enter into the flywheels. Then bend your finger down and around and then yank it out. If it does not work try getting at it in a different way or use really long needle nose pliers

#349809 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 December 2015 - 02:41 PM in Modifications

I won't repeat what others have said about mixing chemistries, but I am going to ask:

Is the demolisher stock?  You may be tripping the PPTC (thermistor) in the blaster if you didn't remove it.

It is completely stock, nothing done to it except the batteries have been changed. It also has only 2 trustfires, and 2 alkalines, since the PPTC was tripping with three trustfires and one dummy.

#349808 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 December 2015 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

Have you tried running the gun with regular batteries since then its possible you burned out the motors its a problem that eventually occurs when you overvolt them.

Yes I have, it is not broken, it seems some of the batteries are.

#349577 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 November 2015 - 06:14 PM in Modifications

If you think that may be it, then I have ordered dummy batteries and the problem may be solved. If anyone has any idea if the trust fires with regular batteries may be it, then tell me please.

#349575 Second new worker thing that I have found on ebay

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 November 2015 - 06:09 PM in General Nerf

Bobololo has a review of the cyclone shock set on eBay and walcom27 has the rotofury set reviewed as well. Might help you make a decision.

Thank you for telling me, those videos are great but still didn't answer the one thing both of them forgot to test. That thing is if it works better with Fvjs and those accurate darts, thank you anyway though.

#349574 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 November 2015 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

Yes, I am, and before anyone says anything it should be fine to do this, since I have used it a lot and nothing has happened.

#349569 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 November 2015 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

So I have those protected trust fires from Amazon, and have been running them in my Demolisher with regular aa battery's. So I am in a war and my I try to rev up the gun and but instead of working it starts to increase in sound then weakens in power untill it stops(how it sounds:vvvrrrroooooMMMMMvvvvvvv) Does anyone know what is wrong, I need it soon for another war so please respond as soon as possible.

#349356 Second new worker thing that I have found on ebay

Posted by Pineapplepies on 29 October 2015 - 03:41 PM in General Nerf

So I was browsing ebay again since why not, and stumbled upon yet another worker thing that looks promising. Link
Reason why I bring this up is because I am wondering if this should be bought, since this could possibly make re-barreling a mega gun very easy and would be a very good for a noob at modding.