Pineapplepies's Content

There have been 132 items by Pineapplepies (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#360210 Chest rig question

Posted by Pineapplepies on 30 May 2017 - 11:57 AM in General Nerf

The questions on the amazon page say it will hold AK magazines, and generally (but not 100%) gear that holds AK magazines will hold nerf magazines. If it doesn't, it should definitely hold at least SOMETHING from this nerf-related list:

Demolisher missile

Firestrike

Extra lipo

Extra IMR's

Water bottle

Sledgefire shells

Flashlight

Extra darts

And then you can find pouches that *will* hold nerf mags and attach them to the molle.

Thank you god, ok finally, exactly the answer I needed. Thank you SO much, I will proceed with getting this rig, because all of those things are something i could use. Btw, I will say for anyone who does see this page, the mag carriers I am using are called FastMags, they are double stacked 7.62 holders, now I won't disclose where you can get them, since the price I am getting them at is really cheap. Look on aliexpress for the single carriers, they are MOLLE compatible and are basically a better version of the NMAG system, don't buy that junk, this is literally half the price and is the same exact thing. 

Edit:and this should be pinned somewhere, I think it's useful for the community where to get a cheap loadout, this tread has established that the above vest is highly modular and useable. Then I said basically the best option out there for mag holsters, if any of you guys need a good loadout, use this system. Most people of course recommend the above Nstar vest, but for anything more than 12 mags aka any rig that runs a rapidstrike or hyperfire you are going to want these things..

#360311 Rival Magazine Storage?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 June 2017 - 09:47 AM in General Nerf

I am looking for a good way to carry 12 round rival magazine on a battle belt or plate carrier. I don't want to spend $15 on a 3d printed holder for 1-2 mags. I was using these:

https://www.amazon.c...ht holder&psc=1

Which are fine for carrying a few magazines, but I want to carry about a dozen and 12 flashlight holders would use my entire battle belt. What I'm hoping exists is something that will hold 5-6 magazine arranged vertically and only use up 2-3 molle loops. I own a variety of dump pouches/holsters/admin pouches etc and none of them are quite right (they're mostly not tall enough).
  R
What do you guys use to carry rival magazines? I'm open to pretty much any suggestions that will let me carry 10-12 magazines and cost less than $40 total. That can be one big pouch, two small ones, a thigh rig, whatever. I just need it to not take up a ton of real estate since I need to carry other gear as well.

https://www.wish.com...country_code=US

This is exactly what you need, fits your price range, and may be used, HOWEVER. I don't know if it works, all I'm suggesting is you check into these "fast mag" pistol carriers. I know the actual stick mag holsters can get really cheap, and depending on the dimensions of a regular rival magazine as compared to a regular nerf mag, you could potentially just use those. It's up to you, check into the dimensions of the pistol carriers, or go grab a 18 or 12 rounder and see if you could fit rival magazines in that profile.

I would be REALLY eager to know if it works, toadbrew, report back here if it works. Because if so, I think I single handily have found the best option for mag carriers, the 18 stack holders are cheap and good, and if this turns out, then we will have a rival option.

Edit:btw, these are molle compatible, and if anyone knows I WILL HIGHLIGHT THIS HERE BECAUSE I NEED AN IMPORTANT ANSWER. Do anyone know if these holders would work, it says it fits anything from a glock 45 ACP to a 1911

Edit 2:Did some even more research, toad you are lucky, rival 12 mags fit into the dimensions of a 12 mag when put sideways, so remember that discussion the other day about my stuff? Yeah, find cloth 5.56 or 7.62 mag holders, and find a molle vest(if you need I can link you one) and use all of that, I also have a link for a perfect holster that's $15, has storage for 6 of your rival magazines, and is MOLLE compatible on front and back side

Honestly, I am quickly growing to love these fast mag things, they are cheap, useful, can be inverted, and use MOLLE webbing, what more do you need. Now final thing is be warned, I just checked, the width of a rival magazine is too thick to fit into the profile of a regular mag, however that doesn't exactly translate into it not working. You just need to try it out.

#360342 Rival Magazine Storage?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 June 2017 - 11:44 AM in General Nerf

Interesting. I ordered a paintball pod holder, if that doesn't work I might try those  next.

Well, i mean if you want more holders, use these, that chest rig i linked the other day is actually only $30 or so if you know where to look, and you can get an even cheaper rig if it's just a vest and not a full on rig.

https://www.amazon.c...uct_top?ie=UTF8

These are the holders you want that i know would work for 6 rival mags.

#360370 Rival Magazine Storage?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 05 June 2017 - 09:37 AM in General Nerf

I have condor mag pouches, they are good for dart mags but if you try to put rival mags in them they fall out when you run. Which, unfortunately, is also the case for the paintball pod holding belt. The elastic bands that retain the pods just aren't set up right to hold rival mags since they're longer but thinner. It will be good for when I get a nemesis and have a use for paintball pods though.

I have a pouch that holds 8 rival magazines but not securely once you remove a few, I think I am stuck with that plus using the clips to attach a couple to the rails on my zeus. I might just sew something myself, or make a duct-tape/cardboard thing.

Well dangit. Yeah, I would do that, however. If you are willing to spend the money, I personally would just ask you try out the fast mag things, and quite frankly, if that works you could have dump pouches, AND then these fast mag things holding extra rounds you can just pull out and shoot the balls into the nemesis with the release all button.

#360523 3rd party MEGA darts?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 June 2017 - 09:26 AM in Darts and Barrels

Hey all, wondering if anyone knows of any 3rd party, aftermarket, or non-hasbro darts that work with nerf megas.
My mega bigshock is now one of my favorite nerf pistols, especially after removing the AR, dart post, adding omw 7kg retaliator spring, and worker barrel adapter. It shoots mega darts, elite darts and rival balls really hard and far. But mega darts are faaaaar from accurate.
I would LOVE some mega sized koosh, or waffle, or fvj/fvn darts.
Any of you know of anything besides crappy nerf mega darts?
Thanks!

So there is a long story, and I will start off by saying DON'T buy those rayethion darts, someone didn't read the post, those are elite size darts. Now you have two options, one is a serious don't buy, they are crappy, jam, have terrible foam and I have tried all mega darts. Out of these, only 2-3 work. The other one, is made out of regular foam and SILICA gel, pay attention to that, because it's important to make sure you don't get the crappy one. The crappy ones are made out of EVA and soft plastic, don't buy those.

Now, i wouldn't exactly recommend these darts, but neither would I say don't buy these, it's an odd case quite frankly. With these, they whistle MUCH more than regular nerf darts, at the cost of durability. They won't last as long as regular nerf megas, and not every gun will fit these perfectly. Only the rotofury seems to have an issue with this though.

Here's link for 120 at 12.99:https://www.amazon.c...Nerf mega darts

#360547 3rd party MEGA darts?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 13 June 2017 - 08:51 AM in Darts and Barrels

I've had these reccomended to me http://www.ebay.com/...xIAAOSw8-tWYHcR

Haven't bought them yet but thinking about it .

Yup! These are with sponge and Silica gel so I can promise you these are the same as mine, feel free to buy mine or those.

#361351 Cheapest darts, mags, rounds, everything, I have ever seen

Posted by Pineapplepies on 20 August 2017 - 05:25 PM in Darts and Barrels

Letting everyone know that we now have the best source for anything nerf.

Introducing,

Lighttake:http://www.lightake....e=0&pagesize=20

To give you an idea on how crazy this is, 1000 darts go for $18, and clear 18 mags go for $3 a pop, that's a third of all places previously available, and there have been multiple people saying it's not a scam.

They have darts of every color I have ever seen, anything from red, to purple, even on the mags

Plus, gone forever are the days of slugs, there are slug lookalikes for $1.99 per 50, this is just crazy, splurge while you can.

#361358 Cheapest darts, mags, rounds, everything, I have ever seen

Posted by Pineapplepies on 20 August 2017 - 10:38 PM in Darts and Barrels

I'll be ordering a few magazines to see if this site is legit, the prices are pretty nice. The colors are not new however. 
I've yet to see a durable, consistent, safe, and hopperable dart comparable to the slug with minimal wye modifications. I'm not seeing anything that fits the bill there.

A.)already done, Walcom was offered free stuff in the nerf department, usually, that means not a scam at all

B.)wrong, there are cut down ACCs, weird slug lookalikes, elites, worker, and you can manually cut accustrike darts and more. Here's the link, options, my friend, select the kind you want

http://www.lightake....tml?sku=2231060

C) even if slugs are better, these are cheaper, and like silly darts will feed with corn starch, these may be the same way. It may be possible, and it's very likely that any of the above mentioned kinds could work, albeit maybe a fix or two, and as I said, they have look alike slugs, if slugs work, these will, and are cheaper. Plus, if you are able to cut down accustrike darts, which I believe hopper, you can get 1000 for $18 as opposed to usually $20 plus endless amounts of time to make 200 slugs

Edit:oh and foam blast also seems to have gotten stuff

#361363 Cheapest darts, mags, rounds, everything, I have ever seen

Posted by Pineapplepies on 21 August 2017 - 08:43 AM in Darts and Barrels

For the stuff I've looked at, shipping is not included in price. Add an extra $5 in there; though if they combine it might be an ok way to stock up.

Yes, ok, you are right, just checked and it's $31 including shipping for 1000, however, it's still a viable alternative because last I checked that's still cheaper than like eBay

#361379 Cheapest darts, mags, rounds, everything, I have ever seen

Posted by Pineapplepies on 23 August 2017 - 09:08 AM in Darts and Barrels

I'm well aware of the various cut-down darts and their properties. Some have rock-hard tips, some aren't glued very well, some fly all over the place. For super stock and HvZ, they work fine however.
My point still stands. There is not a safe, hopperable, durable, and consistent dart from China. Accustrikes do not hopper consistently. 
I remain skeptical until I see a video of them going through a hopper with a standard barrel, shooting 200+ fps in a laser straight line. Also, fuck carrying cornstarch around.

Yeah I guess. And well then, I guess cornstarch is only for some people.

It's a good option for cheap ammo and ugly-color mags or 18-dart mags. They don't offer too much else that's of interest yet.

Yeah, but hey the mags and darts are good, that's all I care about

#361399 Cheapest darts, mags, rounds, everything, I have ever seen

Posted by Pineapplepies on 24 August 2017 - 10:54 AM in Darts and Barrels

Protip: Don't go into the free shipping section, it's full of dildos

haha yeah xD we need a banner on here that says "beware of b.o.n.a.r.s" which stands for big, orange, nerf arrows and rockets, specifically

Welcome to the internet

it's scary place #shudders#

#361400 Cheapest darts, mags, rounds, everything, I have ever seen

Posted by Pineapplepies on 24 August 2017 - 10:56 AM in Darts and Barrels

It's a good option for cheap ammo and ugly-color mags or 18-dart mags. They don't offer too much else that's of interest 

yeah, but still they are good mags, i have some, they are really good, and work fine in any blaster. Still, it's cheap