skullface44's Content

There have been 120 items by skullface44 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#347828 Alternate Tornadobow Design

Posted by skullface44 on 13 July 2015 - 10:22 PM in Homemades

I know this a dead thread, however does anyone still have the template files? They are not hosted anymore and having them will be much appreciative and helpful to finish a project tornado bow I have! Thankyou :).

I was looking for those templates a wile ago and I did not find them, however these templates are still available

#347736 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 07 July 2015 - 12:55 AM in Nerf Wars

The only reason I've done Hell After Halloween for the past two years was because HBH died. I'll gladly attend if HBH is hosted in Canada and I could host a different war in Columbus at a different date. I don't have any qualms about who hosts or where; I'm game for a good war regardless of location.

Okay, sounds good. I will know if it will happen or not after this war on the 15th. I'll send you a message with the results and what I plan to do. I will still try to come to Columbus if you host a different war after HB4B, hopefully some people from my area will come up with me too. Im going to try to get 3 other people

#347732 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 06 July 2015 - 08:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I just started making and testing darts this weekend. 100 so far, just while I'm watching things on TV.

Expect some money on Paypal to help cover the permit this week, after my next paycheck.

Sounds good, thank you.

I recently renewed my passport, and if this wasn't on the 15th I would be down to clown. Unfortunately, I'll be in the Grand Cayman Islands that weekend. I've been looking forward to Canukistan nerfing for a few years now.

If the Canadian war scene is really back, you may consider trying to revive Hell Before Halloween. I have a 90% of the plans laid for another Hell After Halloween this year (probably in Columbus) but if you guys want to host something later in the fall, count me in.

If this goes well and I get a good turn out I will host wars on a regular basis in Canada. Assuming everything works out I will be hosting a war around Halloween, a bunch of the old Canadian vets on Canadian nerfers facebook group want to do a Hell Before Halloween in Ontario and I would love to see some Americans come. Hopefully no one gets too butt hurt about there being two Hell before Halloweens. The only resin I would host one In Ontario as well is because I doubt all the nerfers in my area would drive to Columbus. I will try my best to come to your Hell before Halloween though. I was thinking I would do the Hb4h war in my area two weeks before or after your hb4h (probably before) and call it Hb4H round one or somthing along those lines.

#347709 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 06 July 2015 - 01:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Just to be clear, slugs sili tips, xplorer darts, with #6 or #8 washers, 3/0 fishing weights?
Glue domes are a no no (in all fair understanding, just wanted to make sure)

3/0 glue domes are fine, as long as they are made properly and out of decent foam. If they are made poorly to the point that they are flying apart in the air or the foam is so bad that the 3/0 wight flys out I will as the person to put them away. 3/0s inside of a dart are pretty harmless but when they leave the dart in mid flight they can do serious damage. I have shot a 3/0 weight out of a big blast and it went though 1/4 inch wood

Glue domes are allowed just no slingshot weights.

Yes, that is correct

#347496 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 28 June 2015 - 11:38 PM in Nerf Wars

I am 100% bringing a +2 however they will need loaners and will use the community darts since I don't have enough dart making materials to make more than enough for me.

Great! Not a problem, I will be bringing at least 6 blasters to lend out to who ever needs one

#347412 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 24 June 2015 - 01:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I went to go see the section I rented for us today and I could not be happier. The area is more then big enough, is totally separate from the rest of the park,has a big area with tables for getting ready or what ever and it has a separate washroom. The area is separated from the rest of the park by a big wall and a lot of trees, there will be no non nerfers there to complain and try to get us kicked out.

#347399 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 23 June 2015 - 06:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll see if I can talk the and only MIG into coming :)

That would be great, I inboxed him on youtube but he didn't answer

Is there anyone in the Toronto area I can carpool with to get to the war? I'm in the midtown area but I would be fine with going to any subway station to meet up on the way.

If you aren't able to find a ride let me know, I can pick you up if need be. Just let me know a day or two before the war so I can plan for it

#347351 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 22 June 2015 - 02:11 PM in Nerf Wars

I may be bringing a +1 or 2 (strong maybe for the +1, not so sure on the +2)

Okay, sounds good. I will bring lots of extra blasters for people

I'll be willing to pitch in to cover a possible permit!

Great, thanks!

put me down for a maybe

Okay, will do

I spent about 3 hours last Saturday walking through the park. The area I rented had a lot of people in it so I didn't go in but the rest of the park has lots of great spots to play if we get bored of our spot. I will be going back to the park this week to take a closer look at the spot I rented though.

#347281 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 18 June 2015 - 03:15 PM in Nerf Wars

No turning back now, I just payed for the permit, it was $106. We have section A from 10 to 6, this section has a BBQ so we can cook up a nice lunch. Please don't make me regret this guys, if we have a good turn out and I don't have to eat the inter cost of the permit I will be doing this as regular as possible. Anyone that wishes to help out with the cost please send money to danny931202@gmail.com via paypal.

#347267 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 17 June 2015 - 09:47 PM in Nerf Wars

A permit will go a long way to get more vets. Many of us are still bitter about being kicked out of the park Vengeance used to be held at.
Also, if the permit allows sticking things in the ground I have many obstacles I can bring and would really like to pass onto somebody else after the war.

That would be grate, I will tomorrow after I get the permit. If for some resin we get kicked out of the park (very very unlikely) I have a back up spot that is close by, it is a industrial lot that no one really goes to. I don't know who owns it but I have talked to every one that backs onto it and they don't care what I do there. I used to play airsoft there with my friends when I was in high school with loud full auto AEGs and GBBs, no one ever came or said anything. So no matter what we are having a war, the relocation spot is 5 mins away at most. If I am the only one with a car I will make as many trips as I need to to get everyone from one spot to another if I have to.

#347257 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 17 June 2015 - 04:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Do it. Even if I can't get the day off I'll make sure you break even on the permit and other expenses (within reason).

Okay, I will be booking it tomorrow. The office is closed now

#347252 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 17 June 2015 - 11:40 AM in Nerf Wars

As long as it does not look like paintball gun or a real gun Its all good.

I just called about renting the park. It will be $87-$100 to rent the park all day. I am willing to put up all of the money as long as people pitch in what they can. My pay pal address is danny931202@gmail.com send what ever you feel like giving. A minimum of $5 cnd would be grate. Any local guys that want to give me cash when they see me at the war or ti buy foam let me know. The sooner I rent the park the better.

For anyone that needs foam, I have been selling hot rod xl and Sera rod beige. If you want to go straight to the source Bernardi building supply in Mississauga carry hot rod xl. It's fat foam but can be stretched to fit cpvc and 17/32 brass. I have the auto blanker so anyone that wants pre cut blacks of stretched hot rod xl let me know. The Sera rod is springer fit in 17/32 and cpvc. Airgun fit in petg, it is slightly flat on one side but 15 minuets in the dryer takes care of that.

#347237 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 16 June 2015 - 07:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Haha, you do realize Canuckstan ran slingshot darts for the longest time, right? So the old guys probably have those in stock.

Totally understand moving away from those, and you're hosting so it's your call. But since it's the first war in forever, it might be good to be lenient about them. A transition type deal. Although if someone shows up with lots of fresh slingshot darts, we reserve the right to use them on the offender with a Big Blast :P

3/16'' bearings work perfectly. Since McMaster doesn't do Canada I could bring some up if needed.

How much are the permits?

You have a point, I will although sling shot darts for this war but we need to start to get rid of them if we continue to do this. Definitely no fresh ones. 3/16 ball bearings are great, iv been using those for a wile and I love them. If everyone used those that would be perfect but most people in Canada cant get stuff from mc master. 3/0s should be fine for everyone, thank your for the generous offer though

Absolutely. I'll have to get the day off work but I'll sell a kidney to Nerf again. If the permits aren't hilariously expensive it's a good idea. Enough of us can Paypal you the money in advance to cover most of the cost. I have plenty of loaner blasters, and a few NIB UMBs if needed. I need foam, barrel material, and your motorcycle.

I actually do have a large amount of slingshot weights... are those still the state of the art in Canuck dartsmithing? I just emailed McMaster and they said they ship to Canadian businesses, but weren't specific on what type of business. I'll see what they say if I try to ship stuff to work and let everybody know. I wouldn't be upset if I couldn't use my slingshot darts, but the next cheap alternative I'm aware of is copper BBs which are hard to center. Slugs should be faster to make if you don't have to carefully make a glue dome, if they're not double the cost I'll switch to those permanently. If McMaster checks out anybody at an independent business should be able to get McMaster goodies.

Grate idea, ill look into in tomorrow morning and post how much it will cost as soon as I find out even if I can get a few people to pitch and I end up paying the most I am totally fine with that.

I don't think the care what type of business, my family owns a small construction business and I have had no trouble ordering stuff from mc master. Switching to slugs would be cheaper I think, #6 washers can be bought locally and the felt pads are around $5usd for 500.

#347221 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 15 June 2015 - 10:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I have the date marked!

Grate,see you then !

#347220 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 15 June 2015 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe.
Do you have a permit?
How firm are you on slingshot darts?

I was looking into that and apparently we don't need one unless there is 20 people. I would buy one if I knew people would come and pitch in to help cover the cost but since this is the first war in a long time im worried about spending bunch of money to get a permit and loosing it all because not enough people show up. If there is a good turn out and we can turn this into a regular thing I would be more then happy to get a permit or rent out a airsoft place. Wost case we get kicked out of the park we can just move to another location, I know of a few other good spots close by.

No sling shot darts man, they are just dangerous. Getting shot with those out of pretty much any airgun or homemade is not fun. I think I can speak for most people when I say no one whats to be shot with slingshot darts.

#347206 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by skullface44 on 15 June 2015 - 12:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Location: Erindale Park 1695 Dundas St W Mississauga, ON L5L 1C6 Canada I have a permit for section A 10:00am - 6:00

When: August 15th, I will be at the park at 9:30AM to set up but the war starts at 10:00 AM.

What to bring:
- One or more good primary blasters as well as a secondary blaster. If your blaster brakes I will most likely be able let you use one of mine
- A springer pistol for pistol rounds
- As many darts as you see fit, I am bringing 500 for my self as well as what ever is in my dart bin for anyone that did not bring enough darts
- Water, there will not be any places to get water close to the field so please bring your own. I will be bringing a cooler with a case of water in it for my self and any idiots that forget to bring some
- A good mood, no one wants to war with a jerk. If you are causing problems with other players I will ask you to leave
- Bring a lunch, there will not be anywhere to go eat that is close by. The park has a few BBQs, if one is available I would pitch on a box of burgers or something if anyone else wants any
- Eye protection. Your eyes are pretty much the only part of your body that can be seriously hurt by a nerf dart, I really would like to see everyone with some kind of eye protection but I wont make you if you don't want to.

What not to bring:
- Water guns
- Alcohol or drugs, I would be the first to want to go get a beer with everyone (that is legal) after the war but the park is not place for that. We will get kicked out if people see that.
- Homemade airguns
- singled titans

Blaster restrictions:
- This will mostly be done on a case by case basis, if you are not sure about a blaster show it to me.If you would not want to be shot with your own blaster there is a good chance no one else wants to be shot with it either.

Darts:
- #6 or #8 slugs as well as 3/0 or lighter glue domes will be aloud. If your darts are made so poorly that they are unsafe I will not let you use them, you are more then welcome to use some of mine though.
- No exposed metal or slingshot weighted darts
- Silicone domes and x darts are fine too

Who will be there:
- Me + 3
- Condorboy +1
- The2ndbluesbro +1-2(maybe)
- Buffdaddy
- cheyner (maybe)
- charlie156 (maybe)
- Lpat +1 or 2 (maybe)

I know I already posted this but I though I would put it up here so no one will miss it. The park will cost $87-$100ish for the day for 120 people. I know we wont have that many so there will be no problems with that. I told the lady pretty much what we were doing and she seemed to not care. My pay pal address is danny931202@gmail.com, I am going to pay for the rental and what ever money you guys can pitch in would be grate.

#347091 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by skullface44 on 09 June 2015 - 11:53 AM in Nerf Wars

If anyone from Ontario Canada is thinking of going let me know, I will most likely be driving there the day before.

#346250 dissapointing ranges

Posted by skullface44 on 17 April 2015 - 03:20 PM in Darts and Barrels

80-90' is good range for homemade blasters. Most range claims above those are not-flat, exaggerated, overpowered, or bleeding edge/highest quality construction; in that order. They also haven't changed for homemades since the unification of build materials to the [k25]/6 springs, 1-1/4" PVC plunger tube, and washer or cup seals, so it's likely you're getting your idea of what range should be from a liar. If they're doing worse than they were previously, have you replaced the lubricant?

Use Imgur for images, no account needed.

Yea your probably right, I don't know why I thought I should be shooting 110-120 flat with a homemade. I am also shooting slightly up hill because of the way my property is.

#346237 Catch spring recomendation

Posted by skullface44 on 17 April 2015 - 12:35 AM in Homemades

I have been using these springs for a wile as my catch spring. They are nice because they are closed at both ends ans they work pretty well when I am able to use the whole thing but even then they are a little weak in my opinion. They do not work well when they are cut shorter to be used in a rainbow catch or modded blaster. If anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them, a "cut to length" spring (from this category) would be grate but any spring will do as long as its stronger then what I was using.

#346234 dissapointing ranges

Posted by skullface44 on 16 April 2015 - 10:36 PM in Darts and Barrels

uh, are those 80-90 flat? Maybe some pics, I don't think that that's bad if they're 80-90 flat, but if they're 80-90 arched, you probably have a seal problem. Pics please?

Yes, that is flat. I have never put pics on here so I have to go make a account on image shack or something first, I will try to get some pics up tomorrow. What did you want to see? darts, barrels, blasters or everything?

#346226 dissapointing ranges

Posted by skullface44 on 16 April 2015 - 08:47 PM in Darts and Barrels

I know these kind of topics can be annoying but I will try to be a descriptive as I can.

Ill start with a short expiation of my problem. Over the winter I have got into making homemade blasters, I made 2 +bows, 2 snap bows, a rainbow pistol and a rainbow pump. All of the blasters besides the rainbow pistol have a full [k26] at full compression or very close to that. They all have very good seals and fired grate in my basement(or so I thought). It finally got warm enough to go outside and range test all my blasters, to my surprise they were only shooting 80-90 feet. I really don't know what I did wrong? I'll go into what darts and barrels I use and hopefully someone can point out my problem.

Darts

-#6 washers from Canadian tier with mc master felt pads.

-3/0 hot glue dome

-BB glue domes

-3/16th inch ball bearing hot glue domes

Have made each type of dart with hot trod xl, log home white, cera rod beige, swift white and drevs red foam yielding pretty much the same result. They all shoot 80 to 90 feet and then either nose dive hitting the ground pretty hard or just spin out.

Barrels

-12 inch cpvc

-14inch cpvc

- 4 inch cpvc back with 8 inch aluminum front

-5 inch cpvc back with 9 inch scheduled 80 front

-4 inch 17/32 brass back with 10 inch PETG front

I tried all the different foam/dart types with each barrel on each blaster. They all shot around the same distance (80-90 feet)

I wanted to see if any of my blasters could shoot as far as I thought they would so a grabbed my brass breach sm5k my at3k and at4k both with PETG turrets and they shot grate with domes but not with slugs. I also brought out my +bow from Andthehearois and my rainbow pistol from NoM. Both of them do not shoot like they used to.

It seems like I cant get a slug to shoot more then 90 feet for some resin. If anyone has any idea what is going wrong I would love to know, this is really bothering me I spent a lot of time making those blasters look really nice and they are not shooting how I expected. I hope I am just missing something obvious and its something to due with my darts or barrels.

#346146 Help with templates

Posted by skullface44 on 13 April 2015 - 06:09 PM in Homemades

Missed this the first time I read this topic. Here's Louiec3's templates.
https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Thank you very much

What about Naturalman's Rainbow Pistol? It's not an L+L but there's a full writeup with templates and it looks like you'll end up making fewer cuts and using less materials.
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=25180

I have made lots of those, they are fantastic blasters and I enjoy making them. Thank you for your suggestion

#346114 Help with templates

Posted by skullface44 on 11 April 2015 - 06:12 PM in Homemades

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=13999

L+L with templates by Captain Slug

Really it was just a +bow without a stock and with half the plunger tube so you could just modify +bow templates.

Great , thanks

#346104 Help with templates

Posted by skullface44 on 11 April 2015 - 12:30 AM in Homemades

How about a DHAEP (Dual High-Airflow Electric Plunger) as your next project?
I think I might have thought up the concept, but I'm not sure how to make it work.
(It would essentially be a double-barreled full-auto HAMP, but driven by a battery-powered solenoid instead of your arm.)
If you have any ideas, or places to get Effeminate solenoids for dirt cheap, that would be turbotastic.

At the very least, it would be a bit of a challenge.
(I, myself, am in the process of gathering the materials to build a Mediocre HAMP, but with wooden grips and stock.)
(That'll be my first homemade!)

That is a cool and interesting idea and all but its not really my thing. A motor that would have enough power to effectively drive the piston would be pretty expensive and heavy, not to mention a power supply that could not only power the motor but last long enough to power the blaster for a entire war. The battery will also be pretty heavy and expensive and when combined with the weight of the motor and the blaster it self it may be a little tough to use in a war. I like to make blasters that look really clean and have a almost artistic look, I spend a lot of time on making the blaster look nice after I get it working like it should. I just don't see a way to make this blaster without spending a lot of money or a way to make it look nice. I know looks don't matter in a war, the blaster just need to preform well but the part I enjoy the most is working on blasters so I always make them look nice.

If your thinking of making a HAMP, you should. They aren't the nicest blasters out there but man are they ever fun. They are so cheep to make that I made a few of them and gave them to friends so we can have HAMP only wars. I prefer other blasters but we always have to bring out the HAMPS for one round.

#346102 Help with templates

Posted by skullface44 on 10 April 2015 - 10:14 PM in Homemades

Try this for the xbow. If it doesn't work let me know and I'll put it somewhere besides google drive.

https://drive.google...nbTQ/view?pli=1

Thank you very much, it worked. I just pressed print and it printed everything fine, looks to be the right size.

take this as a sign to not build an l+l, they're the worst

It's like priming a lobster.

Iv herd that from a few people. I just like making blasters though, even if I wont use them it a war I still enjoy making the blaster. Sine I have never made one before I would like to because I am running out of different homemades to make besides bull pup stuff

#346096 Help with templates

Posted by skullface44 on 10 April 2015 - 04:09 PM in Homemades

I have been looking around and asking people for a wile and have had no luck finding them, If someone does have any of the templates I am looking for and can send them to me I will host them and add the links to where they are to this thread so everyone can use them if they would like to.

I have been wanting to make a crossbow with homemade internals, a L+L and a T-bow for a wile but I cant seem to find templates for the blasters. If anyone has the any templates for any of the following blasters please email me.

The Tbow

I am Aware that this thread has a templates link on it but it will not open. I anyone has downloaded the templates off or that thread and saved them I would really appreciate if you could send them to me. Any other Tbow templates would work also.

L+L

I'm having the same problem with finding templates for a L+L, I have found this thread But the templates will not open on it either. If anyone has the templates for this L+L or some other L+L templates It would be grate if you could send them to me.

Crossbow

Lastly the crossbow, The only templates I need is for the trigger and catch. I herd that there used to be templates for these on Nerf revolution. I have never been on that site so I am just going off of what I have read. If anyone has those templates or another set of templates please send them to me. The templates on thisthread and this are grate but they don't include the trigger. If have any different templates or templates for the trigger It would be grate if you could send them to me or point out were they are.

Sorrow X turret

I have wanted one of these for a long time and I now have access to a 3D printer, sadly the file on this post wont open. If anyone knows of a working version of this file or has downloaded the file please let me know. If anyone has one that they want to get rid of I would be interested in it also.

My email:[/u] danny931202@gmail.com

#345876 Custom foam order from china

Posted by skullface44 on 28 March 2015 - 08:43 PM in Darts and Barrels

I just find a dart foam I like, order them as FVJ's from China and re-head them 2 up, Minus the dart head, they fit perfectly in a Pak-D or Xplorer 18 mag.

Posted Image

I do the same thing, the problem with that foam is it is only really good for re heading with tips witch is fine for some blasters. They fall short when it comes to being fired out of hopper or a [k26] homemade, they don't feed very well and when they do the foam either blows up or the dart is incredibly inaccurate. Don't get me wrong, I love those darts in my brass single shot "pistols" and clip system blasters but that is it. The foam I am ordering is for making slugs, domes,gumdrops or silicone domes that are going to be fired out of high powered hoppered spring or air blasters.

#345853 Custom foam order from china

Posted by skullface44 on 27 March 2015 - 12:58 PM in Darts and Barrels

I don't have the money at the moment, but I would be interested if you bought a batch in the future, probably when you ask the community to determine the color.

Man, I haven't been on here in forever, I totally forgot how to Nerf. With that in mind, how much foam would be a good amount to get, assuming I start to go to monthly wars?

It really depends on your play style and recovery rate. This foam will be a bright color so the recovery rate should be good. IF you are someone that likes to use a pump action homemade with a hopper I think you would use more foam then someone that uses a pull back blaster with a breach or speed loader

#345791 Custom foam order from china

Posted by skullface44 on 25 March 2015 - 10:43 AM in Darts and Barrels

Good to know. How does it hold up to high temp hot glue guns?

It takes heat well but only to a certain point, IF the hole in the foam is made big enough that only a very small amount is left around the edge the glue will eat away at it.

#345785 Custom foam order from china

Posted by skullface44 on 24 March 2015 - 10:34 PM in Darts and Barrels

I would definitely be interested in some purple or yellow foam. Purple would be awesome. As you know, my second order of this foam didn't turn out so well, so please email me for any questions or help, because I don't want you to be scammed.

I actually just emailed you with some questions, If the fist batch of yellow and red work out I will defiantly be doing another batch that the color can be determined by the community.

#345781 Custom foam order from china

Posted by skullface44 on 24 March 2015 - 10:16 PM in Darts and Barrels

I might buy some, but it really should be 13 mm. We use half inch (12.7 mm) barrels, and to have the foam a little tight is ideal. 12 mm would be too small. I might buy some if it was orange or neon green.

Also, what is EPE? Do you know how it compares to standard polyethylene foam? If I were you I would try to get a sample before you order a large quantity.

I don't know enough about it to explain it to you properly but I already have some epe foam from a previous order and it is with out a doubt the best foam I have ever used(and I have used a lot of different foam). In my opinion it is better then log home white, hot rod xl beige and sera rod beige/red. The pours are so small that they are barely visible and when flattened it springs back with a little re shaping, it is similar to the consistency of a yoga block

That was a typo, thank you for bringing it to my attention. The foam will be 13mm

#345771 Custom foam order from china

Posted by skullface44 on 24 March 2015 - 12:20 PM in Darts and Barrels

I am in the middle of ordering foam from china, it will be solid 13mm EPE foam rod. IF everything works out I will be ordering a roll of yellow and a roll of red. I was wondering if anyone in the community would be interested in any or not, I will be ordering it for my self and some friends regardless of if anyone is interested or not but if there is lots of people in the community wanting foam I will order a larger amount.
Assuming the company continues to answer my emails, follows though with what they are saying they can do and doesn't scam me or something I will post in the trading forums with all the pricing info and updates on the foam.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding color, size or length of the foam I would be happy to hear them

Update:The MOQ for each color is 5000meters so I will only be getting one color. If this goes well I will do more batches of other colors. I'm leaning towards red apposed to yellow but I haven made up my mind yet, any input will be taken into account in my final decision

Update: the company i was talking to ende4d up being the same company the scammed drev and has stopped answering me. I have some good news though, the other company I was talking to off of alibaba has agreed to send me a sample before i order a large amount. The sample should be arriving at my house in 3 weeks or so.

I have also been talking to a local supplier and that seem promising as well.

Update: The local company is the obvious choice, they have been very helpful so far and are willing to send a sample. The have very high tolerance standers on there foam, I will post some pictures of the foam when I get it and compare it with all the other foam I have (mha, china epe foam, hot rod, log home)

Update: The local company I was dealing with decided to stop answering so I went with a company from china. I received the foam today and it is all the wrong size (about 3/4inch) I will try to contact the company to see what they can do about it but I doubt anything will come of it. I do not think I will be trying to do this again, sorry if I got anyone hopes up.

#345341 Buying Batteries (Trustfires/Ultrafires) in Canada

Posted by skullface44 on 03 March 2015 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

I got dummy batteries from fast tech, they have free shipping to canada.

I get all my batteries from canvape

#345108 Interesting casting method

Posted by skullface44 on 19 February 2015 - 07:56 PM in Homemades

This is a topic I am familiar with, as it was my hobby prior to Nerf. This description is rather over-simplified, and I cannot express with great enough ferver how dangerous metal casting can be. This isn't a "Make sure you wear your safety glasses, kids!" kind of warning. This is a "You appear to have misplaced your fingers." warning. Seriously, most adults don't have this skills to handle glowing liquid metal safely, so kids... Absolutely do not attempt anything in this thread without proper safety equipment and adult supervision.

Yes you are totally right, it can be very dangerous and you can definitely hurt yourself very badly, I should have mentioned that. I sometimes forget that some people on here are quite young.

#345074 Interesting casting method

Posted by skullface44 on 18 February 2015 - 11:23 PM in Homemades

I did not see any topic on this type of casting so I thought I would post one. The casting method is called "lost foam casting" , it consists of carving a object out of soft foam then burying it in fine sand then pouring molten aluminium over it. The foam is burned away and the metal takes the shape that the foam was.

Melting aluminum may seem hard to do but it really isn't, a simple air fuelled coal fire will get hot hot enough to melt aluminum.

The crucible can be made of any metal that has a much higher melting point then aluminum, for example stainless steel is a good option. The crucible can mad from a think stainless steel water bottle. a large pair of pliers will work as crucible tongs.

The forge can be made out of a old paint can that is lined with a plaster and sand mixture. Aluminum cans will melt in this kind of forge.

I have tried this method of aluminum casting and it worked out grate for me, I used a paint can forge with stainless steel water bottle crucible. I made a "rambone" style slingshot if anyone was wondering.

I think making nerf parts with this method of casting would be very effective and would produce extremely durable parts. I will be attempting to cast a plunger head that fits a skirt seal, a +bow handle as well as a rainbow handle and pump handle

To showcase how simple and easy this casting proses can be here are some videos of some people with very crude materials and tools successfully using this method

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE40ZvEHRyw

Now a example of someone making something a little more detailed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhII8q4apiA

Hopefully you find this method of casting as interesting as I did.

#344826 Canadian or northern state wars/HvZ/any action at all.

Posted by skullface44 on 06 February 2015 - 02:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Sitting on the border of North Dakota, wondering if there are any Canadian nerfers here who go to wars or if any northern states have anything going on that's open to travelers.

There is a large Zombie Apocalypse LARP near Winnipeg.
http://zombiegame.st...achlarpers.com/

I would go to a N.I.C style war ( stefan shooting mods/homemade blasters), not really interested in hvz though

#344806 Best Stefan Foam

Posted by skullface44 on 05 February 2015 - 08:54 PM in Darts and Barrels

I use an RSBC clip with a cpvc barrel. Will the hot rod still work? I make #6 slug darts by the way because they are safer than glue domes. Thanks

If you use a RSCB with a cpvc barrel you may have some problems if you don't stretch the hot rod xl foam. Hopefully not though

#344784 Best Stefan Foam

Posted by skullface44 on 04 February 2015 - 04:39 PM in Darts and Barrels

In my experience Hot rod xl is grate foam but it is too fat to fit in cpvc, it will work fine in a hopper with a cpvc barrel but if you are breach loading or using speed loaders you may have a hard time, it fits perfectly into petg though . If you want to use it with cpvc stretching it slightly will make it a perfect push fit into cpvc, this foam is very easy to stench and it handles the process very well. You can make it very thin if you want ( like air gun fit in cpvc ). It also is very heat resistant and durable. If you want beige foam this is your best choice, it is much better then Seara rod.

The white log home FBR is expensive but it is also grate foam, I have ordered it many times and it is very consistent. It is a nice push fit in cpvc for spring powered basters and has a nice are gun fit in petg. This foam is also very heat resistant and can be stretched if you need to do so, however it is not as good of a candidate for stretching as the beige hot rod foam.

The foam from amazon that spiderbite suggested is not as good as log home white or beige hot rod xl but it is much better then the fbr found in hardware stores and the foam from Mc Master-carr (mc master foam is terrible in my opinion )

The best foam i have ever used came from this company, you can get in any colour and size and it is amazing, they are very hard to get in contact with and to buy from though and someone i know got scammed using that site.

The foam from MHA is proabaly the second best foam I have used, grate fit in cpvc for spring blasters, it is very durable in my opinion and it is very easy to find because it is pink. Might be a litre hard to get from MHA and they will only sell it to people who make safe metal free darts. That is not a con for me because i really like silicon domes and have made a nice dart tip mold that makes xplorer sized silicon domes, but if you don't make metal free darts it might be a con for you.

Keep in mind that this is all just my opinion and experiences with the specific foam I have in my weather conditions with my brand/ batch of cpvc and petg

#344513 How many pumps?

Posted by skullface44 on 22 January 2015 - 09:38 PM in Off Topic

I know I've put 35+ pumps into my titan tank with a bike pump on it. Don't hold me to it, but I feel like you could probably go that high if you really wanted to.

Yea, drev is right I just put 20 pumps into mine with a hornet pump and left it for a wile and it has had no issues. Held the pressure and fired as normal.

#344509 How many pumps?

Posted by skullface44 on 22 January 2015 - 08:49 PM in Off Topic

How many pumps can a titan tank take from a magstrike pump?

I put 15-18 pumps in mine with a hornet pump and I have never had any problems. Magstike pumps are not that much bigger then a hornet pump so I think you would be fine with 14-16 pumps.

Also wanted to say that I do not use my titan tank blaster in any wars or shoot anyone with it, it was just a blaster I made for fun and i occasionally shoot some cans with it. Just thought I would put that out there.