mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#248209 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 August 2009 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

Hey everyone. I was suspended for two months, but I was by no means inactive during that time. Here is what I was working on, minus my rear loading 1500, a mega missle, and some other small stuff:

Posted Image
Rear loading, spring replaced. Went to Merzlin.
Posted Image
Single'd, PETG'd LS with AT2k. Painted with games workshop paints. LS gets 85-90ft flat, 2k gets maybe 10ft less.
Posted Image
Angel breeched. This is an outdated photo, this one is now pump action. Used it at SCANO2. Gets anywhere from 85-95ft. I have hit 120ft with it on one occasion, I have not been able to do it again.

Posted Image

Shitpas. CPVC coupler. Plunger draw extended. Pullback. Xbow spring addition. Meh. I don't really use it, but it hits around 100ft.

#234963 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 June 2009 - 11:40 AM in Modifications

My latest clusterfuck:
Posted Image

Pm me with any questions, don't expect a write-up. I did this without taking any pics on the way, I had no clue it was gonna work until about 20 minutes ago.

IMPORTANT EDIT: DO NOT attempt this modification if you don't have SF internals that look something along the lines of this:
Posted Image

#262796 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 January 2010 - 10:42 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

My RFDG. PERFECT plunger tube/turret seal. To do this, I dipped the end of the plunger tube in boling water and ripped out the rubber stock seal and gooped a ring from a foam disk shooter ammo thing to the plunger tube.
BBB+Stock springs. The bar going down the middle was replaced with threaded rod and two nuts, thus doing away with the need for pushnut fasteners, which I can't find near me. 3 rear loading holes, upgraded trigger springs etc. Gooped the rotation gears together.
10 inch CPVC barrels, drilled out with a 1/2 inch bit. Fits Rona/CT foam very nicely.
The white things on the side are ammo holders, right next to the rear-loading holes to make it faster to load.
Ranges: 93-97ft flat shooting 12 shots. Pretty consistent.

#149878 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 April 2008 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

My latest mod. I'm not sure when I'll get around to posting a writeup. I don't even know what this thing is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That thing looks like a do-it yourself abortion kit from the 1960s. I bet you hook it up to an airtank.

#180143 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 September 2008 - 01:17 PM in Homemades

Killakit, you do realize that that post was 3 years old don't you?
Slice: Is that a rev 2 +bow?

#256620 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 November 2009 - 07:40 PM in Off Topic

I'm going to go play some MW2 TDM in the next few minutes... ANyone wanna play? Add me my GT Is IPWNOOBZ.

I have some friends who are obsessed with L4D, and sound a lot like cheez up there. It is not that awesome. You guys really need to play nazi zombies. Much better.

#231700 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 May 2009 - 02:35 PM in Off Topic

Nevermind, Admin, please delete.

#199760 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 December 2008 - 11:58 AM in Off Topic

Lynx: What is wrong with this thread? It's in off topic, and it's a good way to find people to play on live with.

Gamertag: IPWNOOBZ
Games played:
COD WaW. Guns: PTRS, Type 99, KAR98, Gewher, PPSH, Magnum.
COD4 (not often)
Rock Band

I don't own many games, but I tend to play them for ages before getting bored.

#160890 The Vulcan

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 June 2008 - 02:16 PM in General Nerf

I saw in Commander Cody's link that it fires 3 darts per second. That is a hell of a lot faster than the videos show. I wounder if that is just a sale's pitch, or if it has more than two settings (single and auto).
It does say that it is "piston powered", which makes it sound like a plunger gun definitely (Badger)
I can't see how a flywheel gun can be in anyway translated to "piston"

#141407 The Vulcan

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 February 2008 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

I hope it doesn't shoot like the mech tommy 20. Very unreliable ranges. My cousin has one.
If it does, I will not buy it at all. Huge waste of 40$. Buy a chainblazer or rototrack.
On the plus side, this thing will have a great ROF, obviously, and the chains look like you can connect them, making a rain of darts down on your target. With screamers, pretty damn intimidatin.
Thanks

#197016 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 December 2008 - 06:01 PM in Darts and Barrels

I used to have the problem of burning too large or off center a hole to put my weight in. Instead, I now make a hole in the direct middle with a screwdriver. I push the weight in until the tip is flush with the tip of the dart. I then add a small dome of glue, dunk it into ice water. Contrary to my name, these do fly straight, and I use very little glue on each dart.

#190641 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 November 2008 - 09:26 PM in General Nerf

Lemme see......

4X AT2K. One singled, one RSCB'd, 2 stock, one integrated into my pump shotty, I guess I have 5 then.
2X SS2. Air powered CANNONS. Get insane ranges
1X Arrowstorm.
1X 1st Gen NF
2X Recon (In pieces, salvaged clips and springs)
1 SM750
1 ERTL pump shotty, 2k integrated
1 SS1- 70ft.... meh.
1 SM3000- Bone stock

#193468 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 December 2008 - 07:53 AM in General Nerf

My arsenal is constantly changing:

1 xbow
2 ERTL PAS
2 1st Gen NF
1 DTB
5 AT2K
1 Arrowstorm
1 SM3K.
1 SS1
1 BBB
2 AT3K.
1 EAb, gets like 20ft...
Thats it for now..

#168427 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 August 2008 - 01:08 PM in General Nerf

While this is bumped, time to show off my tiny arsenal.

1 xbow with SM1.5K integrated.
1 SM750
1 BBBB
1 DT3 arrow shooter
1 recon
1 SS1
1 Busted RFR
1 DTB
1 NF
1 Marvelous salvo that hasn't arrived yet, will go onto my xbow.

#159178 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2008 - 06:16 PM in General Nerf

I have:
1 Buzz Bee Big Blast (coupler'd my outdoor primary)
1 Supertoothmaxx
1 DTB/NF integration. DTB AR's removed, NF spring, NF has brass barrel.
1 Secret shot 1 (Coupler'd)
1 Sharpshooter 1 (kinda busted)
1 DT3 battle pistol (CPVC barrel)
1 DT3 arrow shooter (Coupler'd)
2 SM750s, couplerd. (One in mail)
1 LnL (in mail as of tomorrow)

That is my whole meager collection. I need more. I should probably buy some in the near future.

#164760 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 July 2008 - 08:49 AM in General Nerf

SM750
xbow
marvelous salvo (in mail)
NF
Recon (brassed)
DTB
BBBB
Thats all.

#175598 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 September 2008 - 08:23 AM in General Nerf

Solid arsenal, fishcake. Nice 2.99$ xbow. I have NEVER found any guns at value village, or the salvation army that I visit every week.

I have now:
1 LS, Ar removed, angel breech in process
1 AT2k (PETG)
1 X-bow (PETG, bungies, plunger tube replacement on way)
2 Recons (for shits and giggles, not much else to do with them)
1 singled SM1500
1 Secret shot 1, CPVC coupler, gets INSANE ranges.
1 DTB, ARs removed, NF spring added.
1 Stock NF.

Oh Blackfox: You have my dream arsenal, you have all the guns I want and have ever wanted. I envy you to no end.

#199951 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 December 2008 - 12:20 PM in Modifications

Ive used superpex for breeches, it was easy to cut with a kitchen knife, being so soft.
ABSOLUTE best place for fishing weights IMO is Walmart. They are having a sale: 0.59$ for a pack of 3/0. I bought like 15. They aren't that expensive when they aren't on sale, 1$ for a pack of 40.
Home depot is now not carrying 1/2 inch PVC. I need to go to Rona (canadian hardware store) for it now. Home depot keeps knocking things off their list. First 1/2 inch FBR, CPVC, and now PVC.

#198091 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 December 2008 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

u can get PETG by ordering it from One Man Clan's

i think its $.50 per foot and $3 for shipping

Common knowledge right there.
CPVC has oddly dissapeared from my local home depot. Anyone else have this problem? The guy there said they weren't carrying it anymore.

#236416 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2009 - 11:47 AM in General Nerf

I agree that that was the best one: Talio, you are hillarious. I really want to hear the uncut version with all of your cursing.
Brit: Hillarious too. You saying bumconkers on the podcast just made my day. It's really cool to see how nerfing differs from continent to continent.
Ice: Im the guy up in canada with the crossbow that is pretty much cut in half....

#223625 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 April 2009 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

I would be interested in contributing. I am 16. My dad works in radio, he could help with my recording and sound editing and stuff. I won't be available to contribute until the summer, but I am intersted to see how this unfolds.

#224730 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 April 2009 - 12:07 PM in General Nerf

That was great! I put the thing on my Ipod and listened to it during double math. It really helped it go by, now I don't have to go through another double math period for 2 weeks :lol:. There were some really funny moments. I particularily liked the Youtube comments. Crumpit?

EDIT: Thanks Cranky. I get those confused all the time.

EDIT#2: I think a good idea for the next one is to minimize gun fiddling/firing during the podcast. It made it a little hard to hear/concentrate on what was being said sometimes. Sounded like someone was dry-firing a crossbow at one point: I cringed.

#260675 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 January 2010 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

I don't think it specifically says "thinwall" on it, but I use Genova Flowguard brand CPVC. It has a larger inside diameter than other types I've tried. I find it at Lowe's.

Chances are, it will not be labeled as thinwall, yeah. You just have to test it. It might depend on what kind of drill bit you use too, perhaps the drill bit I used was not the best one for the job.

You need to use one of the lower end 1/2 inch bits, not the ones that are wavy. Yes, the wavy ones are MUCH easier to use, but they really cut up the inside of the CPVC, to the point where it starts hurting ranges and accuracy.

You want one that looks like This and not one that looks like this.

#260602 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 January 2010 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

I just tried Cheezy's advice on the CPVC, it worked great. No uneveness. I can now make a CPVC RFDG that actually works with foam I have.
Now time to go drill out 12 10 inch long pieces. Joy.

#187196 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 November 2008 - 11:59 AM in Off Topic

Medieval 2: Total war.

Effeminate game. Basically, you take command of an empire, build buildings, recruit soldiers 70 at a time, and use them in battle. It is a RTS game, the campaign map is turn based, but when you fight battles, it goes to a battle map, where you take control of your soldiers. I love this game. I have the expansion pack for it too, which is even better, focusing on one part of europe/asia at a time, not the whole medditeranean region at once.

#164513 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 July 2008 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

Oh my god. That thing looks amazing. And Gforce shut up, stop rubbing your vulcan into everyone's faces, and bullshitting about ranges. Splitlip, that is really good that you have figured this gun, which looks really complicated, out without a write up. I have been modding for a year now, and would have had no clue where to start, and would have waited for someone else to post something first. Congradulations on taking the initiative.
I want one bad, but the recon didn't come out in stores near me until late april/early may, so it will be a while. A spring replacement would really help. I guess that if you got a spring 3x as strong, it would increase the ROF to about 1 shot a second, which is still really good for a weapon that I guess might equal gforce's BS ranges.

#164533 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 July 2008 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

Wow that is dissapointing. <_< . Not to criticize you splitlip but I think you must have put something in wrong. The video of some kid firing a stock vulcan shows the darts going about 25ft. I want to see more before I give up entirely. Still great job opening it up and doing all those things.

#133963 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 December 2007 - 11:08 AM in Modifications

MAke sure the bolt sled assembly is completely pressed into the form fit plastic grooves.

Yep now I got it to work. I cut down a trigger plate spring from my broken :angry: sharpshooter 2 and slapped it in. Cocks fine but now the clip wont go in straight....
Any advice would be welcome will post pics soon

#133993 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 December 2007 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

ok now I have a new problem. Sorry for being such a n00b but I got validated yesterday. I cannot load my clip because it is getting caught on the bolt. When I cock it fully I can still see the bolt in the jam window. I think I have re installed my plunger chamber wrong but im not really sure. I pmed CS to see if he could help but no reply yet.
Thanks for reading my nooby posts.

#133869 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2007 - 01:42 PM in Modifications

When I put my new LS back together, the arm that goes into the chamber that loads the dart keeps getting stuck on it. Any advice anyone on what I did wrong?

#185830 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2008 - 01:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks Bob. It might help to state that the only reason blink's 5k was allowed was that it was INSANELY leaky, so leaky that he had to practically shoot as soon as he had finished pumping. When he let me hold it, I loaded a dart, pumped 4 times and shot. The dart left the barrel. Then, I tried to repeat the process, and the gun would not hold any pressure. Blink proceeded to take the gun apart, and I left to go look for some darts/shoot around some more. When I came back, he was walking away, towards the parking lot and that is the last I saw of him.

Blink: As sorry as I am for your loss, I do not appreciate you publicly insulting me, calling me immature and saying that I should not be allowed back. Yes, Im new, I have never handled a 5k before. As Bob seems to have stated, your already serious leak probably just worstened over time:

QUOTE(Another thought (and another reason why I don't care for plugging), is that overpumping will not always result in immediate failure. Chambers may crack and weaken, and only break some time later - even under just "normal" use. If modded Nerf blasters were aircraft, they would all have to be rated "experimental" - like the shuttle.)/QUOTE

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. It was my misfortune to be holding the gun at the time. I am sure you won't agree with me on this, it being your primary for so long.This is the only appology you will get, after your public flaming of me. I am sorry, but it wasn't my fault your gun decided to fail at that particualr moment.

#185388 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 October 2008 - 08:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, I am so excited that I am literally shitting PLATINUM bars (Beat that angel). But I have to climb the CN tower, then race to my car and get to wildwood, which isn't all that close to the CN tower...
As for nerfing in the rain, I am bringing waterproof pants, a raincoat and an extra pair of socks/shoes.
My dad is going to be coming, just to check things out at the beginning. Im the short kid with the plaid lumberjack coat, and the huge black trunk full of nerf stuff, oh and the duct tape/CPVC bandolier.
See you, for tomorrow, we dine in hell!!!!

#182748 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 October 2008 - 08:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I am going to highly recommend he does not bring his paintball mask.

I seriously do not want people to think we are paint balling and then someone calls the cops and then I have to take time out of my war to explain everything to them.

Also plugged Big blasts and LBB's will not be allowed.

It's kind of funny your buddy wants to max out his Big blast to shoot others, yet he wants to wear a big dirty paintball face shield.

Now this next part I am not saying it's mandatory.
But if everyone would like to help out, bring $5 to donate.
This will cover the cost of the permit as well as the portable cover Crooked and I will be purchasing in the next little bit.

xeorogue: We only needed our drivers licenses to get into the States. Passports are good to have too. But they are not required until maybe 2009 that have been pushing off the date for passport requirements for a while by land. If you are going by air you do need your passport.

Thanks, I explained this to him, and he understands. Can't wait. What is your policy on SM5ks? I am aquiring one, and would like to use it, but am unsure of it's legality. Maybe I don't plug the pump?

#180645 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 September 2008 - 02:00 PM in Nerf Wars

MSDFS: No point blank Doomsayer shots? I will have you know that I shot a kid in the teeth with Doomsayer at about 30 feet at APOC this year. There will be no Mercy from me to the new or experienced. + bows are perfectly legal. I went up against 2 of them at APOC. Bring as many of them as you like. RF20? I hope your friend likes to run a lot. I also hope he likes to get shot a lot.

Rambo: Good man, now we have some extra seats to sit some more Americans that actually have the guts to come up here.

Killiakit:

Do not post in this thread unless you plan on coming.

It took a bit of convincing to get him to come. He finds the thought of grown men shooting nerf guns at each other kind of amusing. He will have a baptism in the fires of hell by the sounds of it. He will not be using his RF20, I told him this is not that kind of war. I believe the guy you shot in the teeth was Keef.
Great, can't wait.

#185607 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 October 2008 - 08:42 AM in Nerf Wars

It was my first war too, and also a great one.

Highlights:
Getting several hits, and not getting injured in any way
Tagging FA_24 with my 2k.
Getting an amazing hit on Cardiac Kid, from at least 125ft away.
Shooting Rune Hawk in the balls at 15ft, and him not seeming to notice, and him not admitting to being tagged.
Meeting FA_24, Badger, Rambo, Dumpster, K9, Oodalumps.
Buying an Assload of new guns, including and Arrowstorm for 5$.
Shooting Rambo in the foot on two occasions.
Selling my LS to K9, who really needed a primary, was good to help a brother out.

Lowlights:
Getting shot in the throat with Blink182's SM5k.
Getting shot in the head from 40ft away with a big blast.
Getting shot in the neck with the Doomsayer
My Ghettotech2k breaking before the war, and again during it.
My SF barrels being too tight, so I was unable to use it.
A bunch of People bailing.
Not being able to spend that much time at badger's sale, because my mom wanted to leave.
Having to leave early.
K9 tagging me with a MAV!!!!
Somehow blowing Blink's 5k with 4 pumps.... Not sure how that happened.

#185682 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 October 2008 - 04:50 PM in Nerf Wars

mystefan:
Yeah he missed me at 20ft a nf.

Plus taking the frankenmod and prettifying it.

AND I LEFT BEFORE THE UNVEILING!!!

Ah, so did I. My mom didn't really want me going, so I knew I grateful to be there, and I didn't make her wait for that. That was embarrasing, that shot with an NF. I missed one of FA_24's friend's head by a couple inches at 15ft with the same NF.
Yes, the frankenmod will serve you well. Hopefully you can prettify it. I am amazed at how far the SM750 shoots stock, about 30ft.
Another lowlight that I thought of was Tank Rat shooting me WHILE FA_24 was yelling "game on" He hadn't finished saying it, I hadn't started running, and smack! Maxshot shot to the elbow.

#185914 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2008 - 07:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Let me get a few things straight, and this is the LAST TIME I am posting in this thread.
I asked Blink if I could see his gun, he gave me permission to do so. So it wasn't like I just grabbed it and started using it irresponsibly, and broke it. The leaky SM1.5k is CROOKED's, not FA_24's. I remember they are identically modded. I pointed out to FA_24 that it wasn't working, and he said that it was crooked's and pointed out a working one that I could use.
It said pump 4-5 times on the side in silver sharpie, I pumped it 5. I cannot remember every shot I took, and cannot guarantee that I didn't maybe exceed that. I definitely DID NOT pump it enough times to cause tank damage, and I have owned these things in the past, I damaged mine at 12 pumps. I guarantee that I did not pump it that many times.

#185887 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2008 - 05:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Easy there pumpkin - I was not my intent to come off as a jerk...I'm just pissed. The gun was leakey from the rear firing pin. The spray of lube fixed the rear o-ring and it was all sealed up again. The problem with the gun after further inspection was the front pin that pulls the valve back. It was not the action of pumping that blew the gun but the trigger pulled the pin and the top portion snapped. Ask me how...I have no idea.

And You never said a thing to me afterwards. I was there for about 20min after my gun broke...

Thats fine. You didn't seem like a jerk at the war. You had had the gun for years, possible that it was just weak from all the use. All I told you was how many times I pumped the gun. I went off and looked for darts, and to do another round after that. Im happy there are no real hard feelings. I understand you are pissed, and I would be too. Team_Slaya was selling a SM5K tank. He had 2 but said one was broken, the front sealing piece was gone. Perhaps you could buy that and replace your broken part. He did have a working one too.
Hope this helps.

#185824 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2008 - 11:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Angel said a few things that I forgot. Yeah the darts colliding was insane. That was my dart that hit his, I almost pissed myself laughing.
The washrooms being locked sucked. I think Antonio just took a piss off at the side at one point.
Tank Rat: THanks for the coffees, Im not sure how you walked all those things back from tim's.

Blink: I am REALLY sorry about your 5k. I SWEAR I only pumped the thing 4 times. We could have probably worked something out where I reimbursed you in some way, but you left before we could talk about that, the last time I saw you was when you were beginning to take the thing apart, I didn't know the thing was completely beyond repair until today.

Im pissed that I didn't see any of the secret mods.
Damn.

#190024 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 November 2008 - 01:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Those are awesome pictures. In Picture #9, I am asking badger "Got tape?" he says yes, I shoot, I miss and he pegs me in the nuts with his NF.