mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#234955 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 June 2009 - 10:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Dude: Plastic tarps strung between trees with bungees work very well. We used this at HbH2, with good results. Stringing them up on playstructures also works, but this kinda means that no kids can use it, which may anger some parents.
Massacre style foam barricades will not work, wind will blow them over easily.

Mitch: If you do come to this war, please refrain from asking me how much I want for my crossbow. It isn't for sale, and generally most guns aren't unless someone specifies that they are. And please wait until the end of rounds to ask these questions, if you feel you must.

#234941 The Massacre 4 Videos

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 June 2009 - 08:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Very nice as usual. Can't wait to see the next parts. Lol, slushy was calling me x-bow. No one says xbow in real life. It's funny, all the shots of me are me using my BBBB. I probably used the thing for 3-4 rounds all day...

#234812 Repairs, Any Suggestions?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 June 2009 - 02:59 PM in General Nerf

Not really. You will need to modify the plunger head to get it to work. CS was wrong, it can be done.

A huge, recently common problem is if the entire plunger head stem breaks off. This is more prone to occur if you store the gun while it’s primed, as the constant force on the stem weakens it over time, until it shoots off. The best way to repair this, is to pilot an 1/8″ hole about 1/2″ down into the center of the end of the plunger rod. Take a nice fat 3/4 - 7/8″ mounting or wood screw, run a 3/4″ fender washer, then your plunger head neoprene washer, then another 3/4″ fender washer (both uncut), and screw it into your piloted hole slowly until it can’t go any further. If you’re using the replaced plunger tube, a 1 1/4″ neoprene washer will do the job, but a 1 1/8″ one will be the perfect seal. They’re just significantly harder to find.

Taken from Split's guide.
Yeah, it will work, no it will not be completely stock, either.
Hope this helps.

EDIT: I use a 1 1/4 with my stock PT, it works great

#234772 Rear Loading Rototrack Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 June 2009 - 09:02 AM in Modifications

Very nice, but most of this has been done before Here
Nice idea using the chains though, I should have thought of that.

#234416 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 June 2009 - 09:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Would anyone be willing to sell me around 5 or so feet of PETG at the war?

Ill give you that if you make the darts 5$.

#234195 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 June 2009 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

YAY!!!!! ;) Venturer trip is EARLIEST the 25th. That means Im there!.
I don't have enough materials to make enough stefans, so if someone could sell me ~20 that fit nicely in PETG, that would be very much appreciated.

#233980 Full Crossbow Modification

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 June 2009 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

Beautiful, just beautiful. You really inspire me to get off my lazy ass and finish mine. It's about half sanded down, with holes all over it from a failed hornet integration. Sigh.....
I like the way you replaced the plunger tube. I can see the Guru MKIII influence. CPVC will help your ranges quite a bit. I had PETG, mine got like 90ft with the plunger tube replaced, and I switched to CPVC, it got about 15ft more.
Is there a lot or any plunger handle bendage with the bungees?

#233755 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 June 2009 - 11:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Im on a boat?

In all seriousness though:

Nectar- Opeth
Holy Mountains- System of a Down.
The firs part of Fosaken by As I lay Dying. It's pretty cool intro music, no vocals. Right up to the part when he starts screaming. It's a good 45 seconds long, I believe.

#233608 Marshmallow

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 May 2009 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

I'd recommend that he lose the recon and get a big salvo, dtb, or hornet. All those guns will give better ranges and pretty good rof.

Meh. DTB only outshoots the recon by 5-6ft, BSs do have 4 barrels, but need 10 pumps to prime them, and you need to stick 4 darts down the barrel. Hornets need a lot of pumps too.

Xbox: If your dad doesn't mind the extra size, a LS might be a good option. Just pop out the ARs, and add a NF spring. The new ones are pretty weak, so that won't be overkill at all, expecially with streamlines.

#233108 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 May 2009 - 05:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Eh, Im about 80% sure. Damn venturer company still hasn't decided anything. Ill know by monday.

#233038 Big Bad Bow Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 May 2009 - 11:23 AM in Modifications

I'm in the process of doing this. I started it when I saw your post in the mod/pictures thread. I need some kind of substitute for the SDR PVC because they don't sell it up here. Any advice? This thing looks Effeminate. Great job.
EDIT: I looked through my parts bin, and discovered that I had enough materials to do this:
Posted Image
I realize how much I need to cut the back down. IT will be done after school. Hopefully. I can't wait to see what that pump is for coming out the scope.
Thanks a lot Zorn! This is so useful.

#231898 Nerf Crossbow Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 May 2009 - 04:42 PM in Modifications

Bungies. Slap on 3, and it will get crazy good ranges. With my PT replaced, replaced spring, perfect seal xbow with NO bungees, I was maxing out at about 85ft. Bungies, I was getting 125, before I reverted back to the stock PT.

#231700 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 May 2009 - 02:35 PM in Off Topic

Nevermind, Admin, please delete.

#231581 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 May 2009 - 08:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Please move me to a maybe. There IS a venturer's canoe trip, but I don't have a date yet. I will know in the next few days.

#231266 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 May 2009 - 11:09 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a 90% definite for the 20th, if it gets moved. There is a TINY possibility my Venturer's group is going on a canoe trip on the 20th, but we haven't discussed it yet, and I think it is just too late to plan it. Im not 100% sure though. I will know for sure by tomorrow.
This is absolutely awesome, a war on the subway line. You can shoot a singled titan out of high park subway stop and hit my house.

#231037 A Short Story.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 May 2009 - 11:53 AM in General Nerf

Holy damn. I thought you were JOKING when you mentionned you got a NIB ST9K set at Massacre 4.....
Shit, that is amazing. The only thing rarer than that has gotta be the SM1.5K arrow shooter... NIB.
Nice, I can see Orange contacting you shortly.

#230690 Cosmetics

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 May 2009 - 09:39 PM in General Nerf

I am a believer that crossbows NEED to be clean. That is my only gun that I really care about looking really nice. APart from that, many of my guns are clusterfucks of tubing, hot glue and epoxy putty. They work though. That is what matters to me the most. I would not like my crossbow as much as I do if I did not know that I have a 90ft reliable shot ready, no matter how nice it looked. Nice crossbows are nice, but still, we love them for their performance and reliability.
I can't paint to save my life. Painting is fun, but mine are always simple, just taking guns apart and spray painting them different colors.

#230557 Small Soldiers With Relief Valve Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 May 2009 - 11:03 AM in Modifications

DOn't plug the pump/over pressure release valve. These guns are really easy to damage, and plugging the pump is a great way to turn it into a piece of junk.

#230412 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 May 2009 - 03:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I will not be in attendance. It's the weekend between my two exam weeks, studying is kinda important then.
Sorry, maybe the next one.
EDIT: AM I the only one who thinks this should be called SCANO?

#229816 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 May 2009 - 02:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, reading all these comments has brought up a few extra of my own:
+ Glint's awesome center flag push run. He ran about 90ft, hosed down someone with a MS, and got the flag kill. It was Effeminate.
+ K-10 screaming "I 1up you!" at K9.
+ Krolik: "I DONT CARE IF HE'S YOUR FUCKING COUSIN!! SHOOT HIM!!!!!"(After he had shot her)
+ Getting thinwall CPVC.
+ Crooked jumping over fester and Mr. Green getting it on camera.
+ Shooting slushie.
+ The eyes of fire.
+ Shooting my xbow and 2k at money train, him dodging both, and nailing me in the right leg with BOTH pistol splats. That guy is impossible to hit.
+ Fully calling that that guy's PAS would break. He told me there was a +bow spring in it and I said " I hope you reinforced it, that trigger is gonna break" He said "Ha no it won't". Guess what, 5 minutes later, the trigger nub snapped.
+ Playing most of the day with a big blast. That thing is awesome. Much higher velocity= easier to hit moving targets.
+ Getting 2 kills with an arrowstorm.
+ FA_24: "When you are right next to someone, try to tap them with your barrel instead of shooting them, to avoid causing unessecary pain. This applies to everyone except Dumpster, feel free to shoot him point blank"
One con:
I forgot my EaB at the war, and now dumpster has it.

EDIT: PICS!!!!
Posted Image
Getting ready. From left to right: Dude13(?) Applefury, Dumpster, Dirstache
Posted Image
Dumpster with the Boltok. He reminded me of a communist with the headband all day.
Posted Image
SGM and domsayer
Posted Image
FY125 or something like that.
Posted Image
Rokor
Posted Image
SGM loves to win. Segulli taking pics

#229053 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 May 2009 - 05:33 PM in Nerf Wars

IM litterally shaking with excitement. I finished integrating a 2k into my crossbow, so rushers beware, Im not gonna be as easy prey as last time round.
FA_24: That is great about Fester's mom and the pasta. Im definitely down for that, much better than taquitos.
Madmatt and I might be there a tad early, my dad has to go do some other things.

EDIT: RECAP!!!!!!!
+ Seeing everyone again that I already knew (you know who you are)
+ Meeting all the new people, such as SGM, CNP, BoneRiot, K-10, 1337
+ Having my xbow work reasonably well.
+ Not having any guns break ( I thought I did, but it was a 2 second fix.)
+ My cousing (madmatt) having an awesome time, and getting some major welts to show to his girlfriend
+ Getting a sm500
+ Vanilla coke
+ Italian food
+ The pentagon of pain. FA_24 shot me point blank in the crotch with a lightnin blitz during an Effeminate slide kill.
+ Not taking any REALLY painful shots.
+ Not getting picked last for teams at all. That happened a lot in previous wars.
+ Hitting Crooked at least 8 times all day.
+ The Pulsator and the sexual innuendos
+ Chocolate donut

There are a few cons I believe I should mention.
- The goober (Slurpie straw BBBB guy). This kid wanted NOTHING but to use everyone else's guns. He followed me on 2 rushes, asking to try my xbow. He also shot me point blank in the back of the leg with a big blast when I was on his own team. He was annoying as hell.
- I adress this to CNP: Im really sorry for the first round when I shot you in the face. I really felt bad afterwards and I felt I should apologize.

#228752 The Xbow And Lnl Debate

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 May 2009 - 06:20 AM in General Nerf

Ive never handled a LnL, but I have had 2 crossbows, and most of the blasters that are considered to be good alternatives (Pas, +bow, BBB, SM1.5K and the like). I use my crossbow because..... Well, I guess the reliability.I have had my PAS break on me about 3 times. Easy fixes, but sometimes, it just stopped cocking in the middle of a round. Not fun. My xbow has NEVER stopped shooting it's reliable 90ft with excellent consistency and accuracy. It's dual coupler (CPVC/PVC) allows for easy changes in barrel material, therefore I can experiment with many different kinds of foam. It's comfy and easy to aim, and it's unique shell allows for many different kinds of clean integrations. +bows are great, if not better. The only reason I don't use one is that I always cut myself on sharp polycarbonate, it hurt my hand to prime, and the maker made the mistake of putting in a too big of a rubber washer, and I don't have acess to McMaster. Anyone who has played a fast pace war with a pump gun knows how their elbow feels afer the war. None of that with the xbow. The BBB is often criticized for having a wierd cocking system, which I agree with.
The xbow is simple, which makes it the most reliable primary I have used. Properly reinforced, it can go through a whole lot of punishment before anything breaks.

#228748 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 May 2009 - 03:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Can't wait. I do have a question though: Last war I used a VERY sanded out CPVC speedloader with darts that I found on the ground and my darts. I use mile high foam, and it does not constrict them at all. It is very slightly tighter than OMC petg. I was wondering if I could use this, as I get the best ranges out of my crossbow with it. If not, I do have 9/16 brass one that I can bring, so no big deal.

#227270 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 April 2009 - 04:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Thank you very much for chosing wildwood. That is a nice park, not to mention 15 minutes max from my house. If Im in town, I will be there. Lots of tree cover, playground, covered staging area, restaurants within 5 minutes drive. It was pretty much deserted at HbH2.

#227199 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 April 2009 - 05:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I found a little extra cash, and I would like to purchase a STOCK RFSG (Doomsayer) and about 10 pushnut fasteners. I think 30-35$ should cover this, please PM me as to not clog this thread up.
I cannot wait. This is going to be Effeminate.

#226790 Last Stand [new Game Type]

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 April 2009 - 06:10 AM in Nerf Wars

The problem I can see with this is that it would get extremely boring.
I remember at Massacre 2 I was on a team that made a bunker against 3 other teams and it was just so boring. Everyone just taking pot shots into the bunker.
Nerf is about moving and dodging, not sitting in a bunker holding off the other team. I mean whatever floats your boat but...I don't think this round will last very long at a Nerf War with impatient Teenagers

Yeah, that was boring as hell. I was one of the people trying to pick off the guys in the bunker, I think I probably put at least 25 darts into it, and hit maybe 2 people.

This is not fun. Canuck, you have obviously not attended a nerf war. I mean, with enough people and the 3/15 rule, this could take a good 2 hours or more. Our round at Massacre 2 was called off after a while, because there were 4 or 5 people left in the "bunker" (a bunch of styrofoam barricades reasonably close to each-other.) with all their lives left. It is much more fun when people are rushing, shooting, dodging, as apple said.

However, if the other team in the bunker has MSs and Vulcans, then the other team could get in reasonably close, and maybe dodge a bunch of darts before rushing in and popping a few darts off, and then retreating. This could be fun, but it should DEFINITELY be a one shot kill type of game, at least for the defenders.

#226034 Barrel Length Of Bbbb Rcsb Clipped?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 April 2009 - 07:50 AM in Modifications

Just to clarify a little: Your dead space is preventing the 130ft ranges you seek. You may be able to get 130ft out of a single'd PLUGGED BBBB, but never out of a even single'd unplugged BBBB. Your ranges are exceptional for not having the pump plugged, and having an RSCB clip on it. My RSCB BBBB maxed out at 85ft. Im unsure if you could plug the pump on this, depends on what war you are attending. Some may say it is OK due to the added dead space, therefore a decrease in range/power.
Onto your barrel: You are using CPVC, if my eyes do not decieve me. CPVC can be a great barrel material, but not for air guns. Perhaps your FBR is really thin, but usually, PETG or 9/16 brass is better for airguns. Airguns= looser barrel material. 1 foot of CPVC will probably kill some range, try switching the barrel material or cutting down the barrel to 8 or 9 inches.

#225673 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 April 2009 - 04:00 AM in Nerf Wars

I will be bringing a minimized 1st gen NF for sale. I have 2, and only like/use one, so the other is for sale at this war. It has an extra spring, and no barrel, but it got 70ft with a CPVC coupler when I had one on.
Like at previous wars, I will probably end up bringing every gun I own (I don't remember all of them right now) and if anyone likes what they see, they can make an offer (xbow, Manta Ray, belt blaster, and AT2Ks are exempt from this).

Things I am looking to buy.
Angel: I would like to buy 15ft of your foam, as a kind of sample. I am still looking for a primary foam, and I am stuck between yours, Mile High, and SwiftNerf's white foam. Im getting samples of all, and deciding based on stefans I make.

ANY AMERICANS COMING UP: I am looking for THINWALL 1/2 inch CPVC. Slightly sanded out at 1 end, they fit FA_24's foam like a DREAM. PM me and we will fix up a price. I was thinking 45 cents a foot, but that is negotiable. I can do trades.

#225672 Bbb Coupler Writeup

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 April 2009 - 03:51 AM in Modifications

I had always wondered how 3/4 CPVC worked acting as 1/2 PVC.... Are the OD's the same? If I am not mistaken, PVC is measured by ID, and CPVC is measured by OD. Does 1/2 CPVC fit in 3/4 CPVC? I would expect that it does, but again I may be mistaken about the measuring method.
Good job, hope to get shot by it at mass4.

#225217 Angel Breech Vs +bow

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 April 2009 - 02:26 AM in General Nerf

For this, I am going to assume you are talking about an angel breeched longshot... Anyway, It completely depends on what kind of nerfing you will be doing. Are you going to be nerfing in large open parks with ranges between people of 100ft+ or are you going to be in a tighter, closer ranged environment, such as a gym, or playground? If you are in the open park scenario, I would go with the +bow as it will give you the range you need. If you are in the closer environment, I would go with the angel breeched longshot, as it has decent range and ROF, and reloading with a clip is easier than a flip breech/ramrodding.
If you don't feel confident with a dremel/pipe cutters, do not attempt an angel breech.

#224969 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 April 2009 - 03:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Oh damn, not another one! I really should leave my xbow at home this time. Not good for this type of war.
FA: I emailed my dad and asked him to send you a payment on my behalf. Whether he did it remains a mystery, but I will PM you his name so that you will know the payment when/if you see it. Ill talk to Maddmatt about his payment. I may have to borrow a gun this time round, I honestly have NOTHING that has decent ROF and range. Only the extremes of either.

#224730 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 April 2009 - 12:07 PM in General Nerf

That was great! I put the thing on my Ipod and listened to it during double math. It really helped it go by, now I don't have to go through another double math period for 2 weeks :lol:. There were some really funny moments. I particularily liked the Youtube comments. Crumpit?

EDIT: Thanks Cranky. I get those confused all the time.

EDIT#2: I think a good idea for the next one is to minimize gun fiddling/firing during the podcast. It made it a little hard to hear/concentrate on what was being said sometimes. Sounded like someone was dry-firing a crossbow at one point: I cringed.

#224113 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 April 2009 - 05:14 AM in Nerf Wars

I find it absolutely hillarious my cousin contacts you about attending and doesn't say a word to me about it..... Im his ride. I have a legitimate question: There are 40 people now. Are you going to cut it at that? Is it going to be first pay first serve? Im just curious, I should probably pay up soon.

#224112 Replacement Crossbow Springs

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 April 2009 - 05:08 AM in Modifications

I use an arrowstorm spring in mine. I modified it like splitlip's guide, and it gets about 5-6ft less than his (which used to be mine, coincidentally) I cut about 3/4 of an inch off the spring for a better fit. Seriously, reinforce the shit out of the thing. I mean bolts behind the spring rests, sheet metal on the spring rests, sheet metal and bolts on the plunger rod, everything that can be reinforced, DO IT. Not something you want to break, trust me. WHen I got mine, I didn't fire it for a week, until I made sure it was reinforced to the max.

#223962 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 April 2009 - 02:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Just to give you guys a heads up, I talked to deaddumpster, and he is looking for a location in CAMBRIDGE, Ontario. It is at most 30 minutes from the outskirts of the GTA (greater Toronto area), where most Ontario nerfers live. I don't know if I can make it yet, but I will do everything in my capability to be there.

#223625 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 April 2009 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

I would be interested in contributing. I am 16. My dad works in radio, he could help with my recording and sound editing and stuff. I won't be available to contribute until the summer, but I am intersted to see how this unfolds.

#223388 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 April 2009 - 02:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Im friggin psyched for this war. I mean, Im like on nerf withdrawal right now...
I love in the vid how two of the skill kills are on me. The sliding one where crooked nails me in the nipple with the PAS at 3ft away, and Fester's amazing 200ft headshot on me (accuracy).

#221518 Massacre 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 April 2009 - 03:50 AM in Nerf Wars

Im speechless. 1/2 hour of the war on tape, even after editing. That double kill was really nice, SGM.
I can't wait for may 9th, counting down the days.

#221435 The Monk

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 April 2009 - 03:26 PM in Modifications

Wow, I can fortell the future..... I planned out a mod almost exactly like this about a week ago. Ask deaddumpster, I talked to him about it. I also said that I was going to log on one day soon, and someone would have done it before me. Oh well, mine is still original.

On topic: Don't trust hot glue. I learned the hard way. I think my hot glue is designed for sub tropic climates or something, because it could easily be peeled off anything at 15 degrees celsius, which for americans, really isn't all that cold. Use a very small amount of hot glue to tack the 2k to the LS shell, and go to town with the epoxy putty. Your RSCB looks like it's about to fall off, too. It looks effective.

#221381 +pistol, By Splitlip

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 April 2009 - 06:34 AM in Homemades

I completely agree everyone should lay off Split. He has made this thing to be small and deadly, which he succeeded in doing. What are we going to do? DISCOURAGE people from posting innovations? I have not seen FA_24's 160ft shooting PAS in person, but I range tested with him at HbH2 and I can say he doesn't bullshit about ranges. I don't think split does either. This thing too may break down in the middle of a war, who knows? I put a couple bungies on my old +bow for shits and giggles, and I got 170ft. Im sure that if I left them on, the cocking handle/rod would have snapped, as it was warping it. Anything that gets over 140ft is going to end up breaking sometime.
This is very cool, and I hope you make it up to Canada so I can see it in person.