mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 02-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#223625 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 April 2009 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

I would be interested in contributing. I am 16. My dad works in radio, he could help with my recording and sound editing and stuff. I won't be available to contribute until the summer, but I am intersted to see how this unfolds.

#236416 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2009 - 11:47 AM in General Nerf

I agree that that was the best one: Talio, you are hillarious. I really want to hear the uncut version with all of your cursing.
Brit: Hillarious too. You saying bumconkers on the podcast just made my day. It's really cool to see how nerfing differs from continent to continent.
Ice: Im the guy up in canada with the crossbow that is pretty much cut in half....

#254712 Nerf N-strike Longstrike Cs-6 - Preview!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2009 - 03:58 PM in General Nerf

Nah, definitely not a reshelled Recon. If you look at the priming system and at the back of thegun, there is no where for the back of the reverse plunger to come out of, no tube covering it. It would not be uncovered, as that has proven to be a safety hazard. I think LS internals are probable, though they only claimed the LS hit 30ft, so maybe the PT is bigger, spring is better etc....
I like the look of this.

#266584 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 February 2010 - 04:33 PM in Modifications

That's pretty cool. I bet you could squeeze more range out of it if you sacrificed the deployability and made the powerstock longer, and put in a piece of [k26] or something.
But this is pretty cool that you were able to do that while still keeping it collapsible.

#266393 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 February 2010 - 10:20 PM in Modifications

Wow, these ranges are great! I would recommend replacing the stock spring with a RFDG one if you have one. That increased the ranges on my Raider at least 10ft.
I can see this thing hitting mid 80s.

#180434 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 September 2008 - 04:04 PM in Modifications

I have a general question about the vulcan. How long can you fire the gun on automatic before the batteries run out?

This could have been found out by searching. While this is not the worst necro I have ever seen, it is not adivsed to post in a topic that is more than 3 weeks old, to avoid the wrath of the admins. Just giving you the heads up.

#220107 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 March 2009 - 03:17 AM in General Nerf

I was scraping hot glue out of my old xbow with an exacto-knife. One of the blades broke off, and the knife slipped and slashed my wrist. Well, more like punctured it. I lost a shitload of blood, but only needed 1 stitch.
Other than that, being shot in the hand at 20ft by applefury with a PAS. It swellled up huge, and I couldn't write for 2 days. It wasn't all that painful though.

#237142 Raider Preview

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 June 2009 - 01:38 PM in General Nerf

Ok, if I'm reading all this correctly, you've removed the AR's and added a spring addition in the stock, and you're hitting 55 feet consistently. I'm assuming that's with the same 3" single bb stefans, right? That's a beastly range for something with such a high ROF and ammo capacity. This might just be the Doomsayer of indoor/close-quarters combat. At 55 feet, it easily matches the range of anything else in my indoor arsenal. I might just have a new indoor primary in a few months...

Did you reinforce the cocking bar? I didn't see mention of whether you did or not, only that you might...

I did reinforce it slightly with putty. And no, that range is with streamlines.

Yeah, if this thing can hit 55ft with stock ammo and a spring addition and AR removal, it could probably take an angel breech. I wouldn't try it until they are available in stores in case you screw up, but I think it would make it work well with at least the regular clips and stefans.

#236475 Raider Preview

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2009 - 04:20 PM in General Nerf

Well at the very least, it's stock performance appears to be a little better than that of the recon. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to the raider's release.

Also, I think we owe props to Ice for taking such an impact to his wallet to give everyone an early look.

I would say WAY better than a recon. I don't know if I got a dud but mine shot about 15ft max out of the box.

Nerfer13: I think that is the best we can hope for at this point. Some people have got recons to hit 50ft flat. If this thing can hit 65, Im buying it for more than just the mag.

I am really intrigued to see how the mag works. I thought it was a wind up or something, like you had to crank that black knob in the middle until a spring caught to push the darts forwards. Guess not. I love how there appear to be no jamming issues.

The nerd-gasm was a little much though...... Im off to meditate.

#236919 Raider Preview

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 June 2009 - 01:01 PM in General Nerf

Look this isn't much of a range gun its more of an indoor/"fun gun" this gun has just about the moding potential of a Recon.
However it does have the 35 shot MAGAZINE witch might be helpful in a Longshot.

Not quite true, with just the AR's removed you get a top of 68' from it according to Ice's video. Though you can't really use most stefans you could use converted streamlines or longer stefans and get better/consistent ranges around 50-60 (fired flat) I am guessing.
Here is the link to firing test:

Again, this is only with the Ars removed. There are still things he can do to it, like etape to compress the spring more, power stock, seal improvement, new breech/brass in the breach, lube, straw mod to kill some dead space.

I can see the thing hitting 70ft with stefans once all those mods are done, and someone finds a way to make the drum mag stefan compatible.
With this thing's ROF and outrageous capacity, 70ft is all you need if you have a decent pair of legs.

#236748 Raider Preview

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 June 2009 - 12:30 PM in General Nerf

Well, now comes the big question: Breech.
Ice, I would not advise an angel breech for the same reason that it is useless on a recon: These things already have enormous amounts of deadspace. An angel breech fixes the seal issue, but adds deadspace.
I would advise doing this:
Posted Image

This is on my recon. That is a piece of 17/32 brass nested in there. I didn't have enough brass to do the whole bolt, but I would highly advise it, if your stefans fit brass of that size. 9/16 won't work.
You need to cut the bolt like so:
Posted Image
Then, you sand out both ends until the brass fits in, and epoxy it all together. It added a good 15ft to my LS when I did it, as well as accuracy.
ANyway, it might be a good alternative to angel breeching the thing. This idea was started by ofallthenerf by the way, I take no credit for the intital idea.

#197016 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 December 2008 - 06:01 PM in Darts and Barrels

I used to have the problem of burning too large or off center a hole to put my weight in. Instead, I now make a hole in the direct middle with a screwdriver. I push the weight in until the tip is flush with the tip of the dart. I then add a small dome of glue, dunk it into ice water. Contrary to my name, these do fly straight, and I use very little glue on each dart.

#139409 Nf Crossbow Style

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 February 2008 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Almost done mine!!
Im sooo excited.
I previously hated the NF, but now it is one of my favorites.
If your name wasn't above it, I would have guessed that FA did it.
Great Job and man seriously cool.

#138962 Nf Crossbow Style

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 February 2008 - 04:07 PM in Modifications

I must say it is amazing. I would like to attempt it, but I am unsure about how the water gun comes into play.
The rest looks pretty straightforward. Also, did you use the stock springs or some others. Im going to use the stock ones and a few from a single tek.
Thanks

#157303 Recon Modification

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 May 2008 - 06:04 PM in Modifications

Slightly off topic: deaddumpster, where do you get your recons? I can't find them anywhere near me in TO.

#157214 Recon Modification

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 May 2008 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

WOW. That's all I can say. Hey deaddumpster. I live near you. Any chance you would sell that monster to me? :)
Anyway sick, I love it. I never thought the recon would amount to anything.

#206884 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 January 2009 - 03:30 PM in Modifications

Im doing this. Like this weekend. I can't wait to see that thing at the next war.

#207151 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 January 2009 - 09:43 AM in Modifications

I remember dumpy talking about this at Massacre 2, and I believe I actually laughed at him. I though he was going to do the pull off the barrel method or endcap or something. I didn't think you would pull it off to be honest. You guys weren't joking at all. Well, I started on mine last night. Ive got the copper, wrapped in etape, and a LSFG faux barrel to cover the breech. Im using 9/16 brass for the main barrel. I need to do some more tweaking, but I did test it, and Im getting 110-115ft. This is with my PAS with a xbow spring added to the stock. This mod does work people, my PAS is now a beast, I would recommend this to anyone.

#259709 Berserker Fusion! Daikaiju!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 December 2009 - 02:47 PM in Modifications

The problem with flexible connections on the outlet of any firing port is that they're ... flexible. When the blaster fires, it will absorb part of the energy.

I think he is reffering to the straw mod on the mav: Putting it inside the plunger tube, in this case the CPVC. Wrapping it in tape a bunch of times and gooping it into the cpvc connections might improve ranges.
I really like this, I hope beserkers come to Canada soon.

As for the pump, just do like Rork does with his decrapified MMs. The pump can be in the same place.

Just for clarification, you pump the gun, cycle the shotgun style grip at the front, and then fire?

BS: added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole momentarily

#186202 Lancer: A Product Of Kappa Sigma Armory

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 October 2008 - 07:13 AM in Modifications

Amazing. That is all I can say. I thougt bondo had the consistency of water... How did you get it to stay on top?
Great job, I love the cog symbol on the front.

#198808 Longshot Restrictor Removal

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 December 2008 - 10:39 AM in Modifications

While this topic is alive and kicking: It may be my pipe cutters but I tried this on two LSs, broke both. The pieces that came off were not the two pieces it should be. There were two straight cuts, not one with a lip on it that slides into the other. I am using pipe cutters, same ones as keef by the looks of it. I am going really slowly, jiggling the front as I turn. Any advice on what I am doing wrong? It didn't really matter, I was singling one of the lss, and brassing the other, but the next one I intend to keep the stock breech (the stock breech has a PERFECT tight fit on my darts) and I don't want to screw it over.

#168380 Longshot Restrictor Removal

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 August 2008 - 09:17 AM in Modifications

Neato keef. This reminds me a bit of ofall's recon mod. I guess that if you really wanted to, you could do what deaddumpster did and saw the front part off, and glue petg in there. I guess that would improve ranges a lot.

#208021 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 09:44 PM in Nerf Wars

YEes! Finally a god damn Vancouver war! Too bad I don't have stefans.

OOOOOOHHHH the irony...
:P
Honk if you know what I mean... *chuckles*

Hahaha. Thats funny.
I will put the 27th on my calendar. I should be there.

#227270 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 April 2009 - 04:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Thank you very much for chosing wildwood. That is a nice park, not to mention 15 minutes max from my house. If Im in town, I will be there. Lots of tree cover, playground, covered staging area, restaurants within 5 minutes drive. It was pretty much deserted at HbH2.

#223962 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 April 2009 - 02:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Just to give you guys a heads up, I talked to deaddumpster, and he is looking for a location in CAMBRIDGE, Ontario. It is at most 30 minutes from the outskirts of the GTA (greater Toronto area), where most Ontario nerfers live. I don't know if I can make it yet, but I will do everything in my capability to be there.

#182913 Eliminator Write-up

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 10 October 2008 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

Too bad the plunger is like that of a recon. That sucks, because spring replacements are really hard. I can't suggest much except putting some bands on this, which is possible with the piece of PVC on the back. That might boost the ranges up to maybe 50flat, which would make these awesome for indoor wars.

#233038 Big Bad Bow Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 May 2009 - 11:23 AM in Modifications

I'm in the process of doing this. I started it when I saw your post in the mod/pictures thread. I need some kind of substitute for the SDR PVC because they don't sell it up here. Any advice? This thing looks Effeminate. Great job.
EDIT: I looked through my parts bin, and discovered that I had enough materials to do this:
Posted Image
I realize how much I need to cut the back down. IT will be done after school. Hopefully. I can't wait to see what that pump is for coming out the scope.
Thanks a lot Zorn! This is so useful.

#148631 Primary Guns

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 April 2008 - 04:31 PM in General Nerf

BBB. Ars removed. 3k integrated.

#185914 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2008 - 07:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Let me get a few things straight, and this is the LAST TIME I am posting in this thread.
I asked Blink if I could see his gun, he gave me permission to do so. So it wasn't like I just grabbed it and started using it irresponsibly, and broke it. The leaky SM1.5k is CROOKED's, not FA_24's. I remember they are identically modded. I pointed out to FA_24 that it wasn't working, and he said that it was crooked's and pointed out a working one that I could use.
It said pump 4-5 times on the side in silver sharpie, I pumped it 5. I cannot remember every shot I took, and cannot guarantee that I didn't maybe exceed that. I definitely DID NOT pump it enough times to cause tank damage, and I have owned these things in the past, I damaged mine at 12 pumps. I guarantee that I did not pump it that many times.

#180645 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 September 2008 - 02:00 PM in Nerf Wars

MSDFS: No point blank Doomsayer shots? I will have you know that I shot a kid in the teeth with Doomsayer at about 30 feet at APOC this year. There will be no Mercy from me to the new or experienced. + bows are perfectly legal. I went up against 2 of them at APOC. Bring as many of them as you like. RF20? I hope your friend likes to run a lot. I also hope he likes to get shot a lot.

Rambo: Good man, now we have some extra seats to sit some more Americans that actually have the guts to come up here.

Killiakit:

Do not post in this thread unless you plan on coming.

It took a bit of convincing to get him to come. He finds the thought of grown men shooting nerf guns at each other kind of amusing. He will have a baptism in the fires of hell by the sounds of it. He will not be using his RF20, I told him this is not that kind of war. I believe the guy you shot in the teeth was Keef.
Great, can't wait.

#180499 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 September 2008 - 06:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks, Angel. My Friend is totally psyched. I gave and modded him a RF20 for his bday in april, and I have rarely seen him without it since. He has never been to a nerf war before (neither have I for that matter) and has NO clue what to expect. Please introduce him to this gently (no point blank doomsayer shots)
How about the legality of +bows? I plan on using one, but I know that some consider them too powerful. What is your take? Are they legit?.
Thanks
MSDFS

#180133 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 September 2008 - 12:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I am bringing a friend. He doesn't have any guns, so I am modding him a big blast and a nitefinder. Big blasts are allowed, right? I don't plan on plugging the pump.

#178025 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 September 2008 - 09:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I am counting down the days, believe me. Im going to start saving my dough to buy some of your modified guns that you mentionned, because I know they are reliable. I will definitely take some of that FBR. I need to silence my LS. It's damn loud. I can't wait to see your unveiling of the top secret guns. Should be awesome.

#182544 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 October 2008 - 06:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey all. My buddy who I am bringing had a few questions. He wanted to know about paintball masks:
Is there a taboo against those, like cardboard armor? He also wanted to know about plugging the pump on his BBBB, that despite 90ft ranes, he is still displeased with. I told him it wouldn't be okay, but he wanted me to check here.
MAn, we are going to be capital F FUCKED after that day, we are climbing the CN tower at 5:30 that morning, for our Venturers group as a fitness check.

#182748 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 October 2008 - 08:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I am going to highly recommend he does not bring his paintball mask.

I seriously do not want people to think we are paint balling and then someone calls the cops and then I have to take time out of my war to explain everything to them.

Also plugged Big blasts and LBB's will not be allowed.

It's kind of funny your buddy wants to max out his Big blast to shoot others, yet he wants to wear a big dirty paintball face shield.

Now this next part I am not saying it's mandatory.
But if everyone would like to help out, bring $5 to donate.
This will cover the cost of the permit as well as the portable cover Crooked and I will be purchasing in the next little bit.

xeorogue: We only needed our drivers licenses to get into the States. Passports are good to have too. But they are not required until maybe 2009 that have been pushing off the date for passport requirements for a while by land. If you are going by air you do need your passport.

Thanks, I explained this to him, and he understands. Can't wait. What is your policy on SM5ks? I am aquiring one, and would like to use it, but am unsure of it's legality. Maybe I don't plug the pump?

#185824 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2008 - 11:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Angel said a few things that I forgot. Yeah the darts colliding was insane. That was my dart that hit his, I almost pissed myself laughing.
The washrooms being locked sucked. I think Antonio just took a piss off at the side at one point.
Tank Rat: THanks for the coffees, Im not sure how you walked all those things back from tim's.

Blink: I am REALLY sorry about your 5k. I SWEAR I only pumped the thing 4 times. We could have probably worked something out where I reimbursed you in some way, but you left before we could talk about that, the last time I saw you was when you were beginning to take the thing apart, I didn't know the thing was completely beyond repair until today.

Im pissed that I didn't see any of the secret mods.
Damn.

#185682 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 October 2008 - 04:50 PM in Nerf Wars

mystefan:
Yeah he missed me at 20ft a nf.

Plus taking the frankenmod and prettifying it.

AND I LEFT BEFORE THE UNVEILING!!!

Ah, so did I. My mom didn't really want me going, so I knew I grateful to be there, and I didn't make her wait for that. That was embarrasing, that shot with an NF. I missed one of FA_24's friend's head by a couple inches at 15ft with the same NF.
Yes, the frankenmod will serve you well. Hopefully you can prettify it. I am amazed at how far the SM750 shoots stock, about 30ft.
Another lowlight that I thought of was Tank Rat shooting me WHILE FA_24 was yelling "game on" He hadn't finished saying it, I hadn't started running, and smack! Maxshot shot to the elbow.

#185607 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 October 2008 - 08:42 AM in Nerf Wars

It was my first war too, and also a great one.

Highlights:
Getting several hits, and not getting injured in any way
Tagging FA_24 with my 2k.
Getting an amazing hit on Cardiac Kid, from at least 125ft away.
Shooting Rune Hawk in the balls at 15ft, and him not seeming to notice, and him not admitting to being tagged.
Meeting FA_24, Badger, Rambo, Dumpster, K9, Oodalumps.
Buying an Assload of new guns, including and Arrowstorm for 5$.
Shooting Rambo in the foot on two occasions.
Selling my LS to K9, who really needed a primary, was good to help a brother out.

Lowlights:
Getting shot in the throat with Blink182's SM5k.
Getting shot in the head from 40ft away with a big blast.
Getting shot in the neck with the Doomsayer
My Ghettotech2k breaking before the war, and again during it.
My SF barrels being too tight, so I was unable to use it.
A bunch of People bailing.
Not being able to spend that much time at badger's sale, because my mom wanted to leave.
Having to leave early.
K9 tagging me with a MAV!!!!
Somehow blowing Blink's 5k with 4 pumps.... Not sure how that happened.

#182814 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 10 October 2008 - 11:09 AM in Nerf Wars

Great, thanks. Will not plug it.

#185830 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2008 - 01:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks Bob. It might help to state that the only reason blink's 5k was allowed was that it was INSANELY leaky, so leaky that he had to practically shoot as soon as he had finished pumping. When he let me hold it, I loaded a dart, pumped 4 times and shot. The dart left the barrel. Then, I tried to repeat the process, and the gun would not hold any pressure. Blink proceeded to take the gun apart, and I left to go look for some darts/shoot around some more. When I came back, he was walking away, towards the parking lot and that is the last I saw of him.

Blink: As sorry as I am for your loss, I do not appreciate you publicly insulting me, calling me immature and saying that I should not be allowed back. Yes, Im new, I have never handled a 5k before. As Bob seems to have stated, your already serious leak probably just worstened over time:

QUOTE(Another thought (and another reason why I don't care for plugging), is that overpumping will not always result in immediate failure. Chambers may crack and weaken, and only break some time later - even under just "normal" use. If modded Nerf blasters were aircraft, they would all have to be rated "experimental" - like the shuttle.)/QUOTE

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. It was my misfortune to be holding the gun at the time. I am sure you won't agree with me on this, it being your primary for so long.This is the only appology you will get, after your public flaming of me. I am sorry, but it wasn't my fault your gun decided to fail at that particualr moment.