mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#221219 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 April 2009 - 02:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I talked to my dad, Im now a definite. FA_24, pmed.

#221024 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 April 2009 - 11:59 AM in Modifications

If possible, that gear box looks BIGGER than the Mav plunger tube. Just goes to show how tiny the thing is. I hope you can get this to work, but I wouldn't buy an AEG just for that. Up here in Canada, a good one is easily 300$. This is very nice, I hope it works.

#220870 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 March 2009 - 12:33 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone coming to the war has a spare arrowstorm/BNA spring lying around, Ill gladly buy it. I cannibalized my Asorm spring for my crossbow, and I want to use the astorm for rushing.

EDIT, 1337: I was talking to dumpy via facebook about travel from Canada to the US, and you need written consent from both parents of the minor. Im guessing it is the same the other way around, but I may be wrong.

#220647 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 March 2009 - 02:25 AM in General Nerf

I use the same setup for outdoor/indoor, because my indoor is pretty long range (massacre)

1. Xbow. no integrations, plunger tube replaced. Crappy PJ. Hacked up shell. 3 bungies. nuff said. 120ft.
2. 1st gen NF. PPkd, CPVC coupler'd, spring replaced, ars removed, bands. 65-70ft.

The only setup that has truly worked for me up to now, and Ive tried at least 5 over the course of 2 day-long wars. I thought I loved AT2ks, but the one I had must have had awesomesauce poured down the barrel because it was getting a good 85ft flat with only barrel replacements and pump plug. I have not been able to match it since it died.

#220438 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 March 2009 - 11:01 AM in Homemades

I think I just JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

Way to go everyone, stealing my idea.... Check out my first post in the tread.

Anyway, Slug, I came up with a few questions:
1. I noticed there was no spring rest reinforcement. I couldn't tell if your new plunger setup bypassed the need for them, or what, but if not, I would HIGHLY suggest reinforcing them. It may not be as pretty opening up the gun, but it's hella worth it.
2. Due to the unique vocabulary used in the write up, I was unable to tell whether you used any type of glue/solvent/adheisive of any kind to attach the SF. Is it all held on by the bracket?

#220420 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 March 2009 - 06:46 AM in Homemades

WOW!!! I can't believe I didn't see this a few days ago. This is spectacular. It makes my xbow, which I have put probably 10 hours of work into, look like a hunk of decaying plastic that somehow gets 120ft. I can't believe you COMPLETELY RE-MADE THE INTERNALS!!
I like how you affixed the SF to the xbow without piles of hot glue. Very clean.
I hope to be shot with this someday.

#220161 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 March 2009 - 02:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I spoke with Fester today.
He is going to contact the school and see if we can arrange the event for May 9th.
Would everyone be content with that date?

Im a strong possibility for the 9th. I would need to pay the full 25$, I won't have time to make stefans when I get back. Ill talk to my cousin. He may want to come too.
One thing: due to the nature of my circumstances (getting back to the country 3 days before) would it be possible for me to pay at the door? Even if I get my parent's consent/ride, I still may be just too jetlagged/sick/burried in culminating activities to come.

#220107 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 March 2009 - 03:17 AM in General Nerf

I was scraping hot glue out of my old xbow with an exacto-knife. One of the blades broke off, and the knife slipped and slashed my wrist. Well, more like punctured it. I lost a shitload of blood, but only needed 1 stitch.
Other than that, being shot in the hand at 20ft by applefury with a PAS. It swellled up huge, and I couldn't write for 2 days. It wasn't all that painful though.

#219927 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 March 2009 - 02:52 PM in Nerf Wars

EDIT: Wait a minute, I already explained all that to you. Could an admin please delete this post, it's a waste of bandwidth.

#219645 Pointblank Titan

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2009 - 02:08 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Nice mod, now it just needs a shotgun attachment.

EDIT:
-Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
-The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.
-Chuck Norris once shot a German plane down with his finger, by yelling, "Bang!"
-The quickest way to a man's heart is with Chuck Norris' fist.
-What was going through the minds of Chuck Norris' victims before they died? His shoe.

#219613 Air Zone 2009

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2009 - 08:11 AM in General Nerf

Im almost 100% sure it is clip fed. Use the zoom function to zoom to the bottom-right of the sticker. Looks a lot like a clip-release doesn't it? I cannot see any kind of cocking handle. It may be on the other side (yay for right handed people). Possible the stock pulls out, but that would be stupid. My guess is flywheel. I think there is a switch somewhere on it.
Bottom line: LARPers will love this. Chop off the stupid looking orange thing, and the bottom, slap on a real scope, paint it flat black, you have an assault rifle that uses clips.

#219612 Lanard 2009

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2009 - 08:06 AM in General Nerf

I do not think that the pump shotgun is a flywheel at all. For a few reasons. I think flywheel guns have to be rear-loading for them to work. At least, the dart needs to be fed into the wheels from the rear. I don't see how this is possible with the gun. Also, it has a pump handle AND a trigger. My experience with flywheel guns is that there is a switch that starts up the gun, and the trigger pushes the dart into the wheels. Unless the pump is the switch, or it operates on gears to rev the wheels, I doubt that it is a flywheel at all.

#219598 Video Converting Sovtware

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2009 - 05:37 AM in Off Topic

I use prism video converter. I just keep downloading the 60 day free trial. I convert whole movies with it, and it works well. It does take a while to do, like 15 minutes a movie, but apart from that, no complaints.

#219270 Lanard 2009

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 March 2009 - 03:30 PM in General Nerf

The gun that has me most excited of the lot is definitely the shotgun. It looks dead comfy. I would much prefer it though if it shot 1 dart instead of 3, or even better, had a switch that alternated between the two. I think it is a fair assumption to say that the plunger tube is hooked up via vinyl tubing to the turret, which means dead space galore. If the gun can be made to fire 1 dart at a time and still auto rotate, hell yeah, doomsayer has some competition. I may be completely wrong about the turret system (which I hope I am). If this gun can get over 50ft, Im buying it. 3 shots, 50+ft, it has Massacre written all over it (anyone catch that?). Another turret posibility would be 3 separate plunger tubes, in which case they would be tiny.
The one that shoots the huge darts looks very promising.
I can't wait for these to hit shelves.

#219264 Reactor Legitimization

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 March 2009 - 03:15 PM in Modifications

I like it. It looks like something K9turrent would use. He loves em RSCB barrels. I thought the reactor was a real POS before this. Singling it got barely passable ranges, and it had crappy ROF. This makes it have ranges better than a mav, and an excellent ROF. Too bad I can never get those RSCBs working. Mine never load properly, or spit out 4 darts at once. I guess I need to find a better barrel material for it.

#219235 Small Soldiers Supermaxx 5000 Write Up

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 March 2009 - 12:22 PM in Modifications

Very nice! I really like the AT3K in the scope idea. Apart from that, a few suggestions:
I would replace the pump with a dual action bike pump like Ryan##### did. That way you would not have to pump it as much. I think you might have a leak or something because the ranges you are getting are standard AT2K ranges, you should be getting close to 100ft with as singled, plugged 2k, without the MS bladder. Cutting the MS bladder in half would, as perezinthenet said, keep your ranges and make it possible to achieve good pressure with (judging by how fast my dual action bike pump pumps my titan) 4 or 5 pumps. Hope this helps.

#219052 Quick Queston On Triggerblaster

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2009 - 03:09 AM in Modifications

HAHAHAAHHAHA. That is the gun I got thrown out of the bay downtown for dissasembling the pump system while it was on display zip-tied to a manikin. Yeah, a lot of potential. Pump replacement required, the pump is tiny. It took me 15 pumps to get any decent airflow out the barrel. Unfortunately, I didnt buy it but I look forward to seeing the monstrosity you spawn in person soon.
HOLY ASSCRABS PENISCAR BATMAN JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST. 1000th post.

#219051 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2009 - 03:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Damn. Im out again. Im absolutely disgusted that I only made it to one of these awesome Effeminate wars. Hopefully Ill have my driver's lisence next year, and not have to rely on my nerf hating dad. Again have fun, shoot some Americans and have fun listening to them saying chocolate donut.
Americans coming to this war: TRY POUTINE. Its not as bad as it sounds, I personally quite like it.

#218934 Integration Glue Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 March 2009 - 01:57 PM in Modifications

I use some glue that has a similar make-up to zap a gap, and then I put epoxy putty over that. It hasn't failed me yet.

You mean Fishin' Glue. And I personally like this stuff, it is easy to sand, and twice as strong as Fishin' Glue.

Yeah, that stuff looks pretty amazing. If I were you, Umpshapapla (sorry if I butchered your name) I would tack it with fishin glue/zap a gap, and then put this epoxy stuff that nerfnut is talking about over that. I don't think you want to hold your integration piece imobile for 30 mins for it to set. The fishin glue sets in 15 seconds, and it will hold the joint for the epoxy to work.

#218894 Squirt Gun Dart Conversion

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 March 2009 - 02:51 AM in Modifications

I did this a few months back...
I got pretty good ranges, 75ft with 3 pumps with an AT2K pump (plugged). You are getting better ranges with the bigger tank, but do you really want to pump it 100 times? I think it is well worth sacrificing 5ft of range for the improved ROF.

#218756 Integration Glue Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 March 2009 - 08:23 AM in Modifications

I use some glue that has a similar make-up to zap a gap, and then I put epoxy putty over that. It hasn't failed me yet.

#218747 Petg Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 March 2009 - 03:06 AM in General Nerf

From what crooked said my darts are ok. I just want some of that sweet harder foam backing rod that FA24 has. The crummy grey stuff at rona just isn't the same.

I've used 10 ft of PETG so far and I've only made 2 guns. My theory is if it only fires one dart before you have to reload, why bother?

Oh, plus Keitan's shotgun requires 2 more feet of PETG then the next 2 mods I'm thinking of will require 7 more feet of PETG.

That rona stuff is the most frustrating crap I have ever had the misfortune to use. It fits NOTHING!! I ordered some OMC petg about a year ago, and it didn't fit that, it was too big, then I tried rona CPVC, and that was too tight. 17/32 was too. Angel's FBR is awesome. Use that or Hereticorp's black stuff.
Oh and you won't regret ordering 50ft. I ordered 20ft, I was out within 2 months...
OMC is in stock I believe, he was out a while ago, but I believe he got some more.

#218435 Fan Fiction War

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 March 2009 - 01:16 PM in Nerf Wars

This "Fan fiction" Idea is exactly why I didn't bring any friends that like nerf (with the excpetion of my paintball playing cousin) to any wars. They all ask me "Make my Ls a lancer" or "I want my recon to be a Barret .50 cal" they would just make asshats (thanks for the word dumpy) of themselves, thinking they are awesome with their NF "desert eagle".
No, it would just turn into a whole opinion of which gun is better in the movie/game and who would "Pwn" who if they went up against each-other in real life.

Langley: WHen I went to NO, a picture came up of a guy (possibly VACC) holding a mass of duct tape/xbow. Is that the original binky? I think I saw two LnLs on the side, which got me wondering. That is cool.

#218256 Massacre 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 March 2009 - 02:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I was seriously depressed all day saturday. I mean, my exchange partner's family thought I was sick. Im so mad I missed out on it, though this france thing has been a great experience. That little guy looks awesome! I mean if you stood the PAS on it's stock with the barrel on, it would be up to his chin. Pearson's new Pas looks awesome. Everyone looks like they had a good time.

SGM: Unfortunately, Im not back until may. If there is a massacre 5 or some kind of outdoor war in may that you are coming up to, I will be there barring crutches/wheelchair. Oh shit that just gave me an idea.....

K9: Puppy cannon? Upgraded from bunnies now?

#218042 The Frankenfucker

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 March 2009 - 12:49 PM in Modifications

Actually guys I made this back in oct '08 but never posted a mod cause I was noob then. So...I win

No, k9, that was me. I sold it to you finished. You revamped it, it looked more like ice nine's when it was modified by me. Anyway, you did a pretty nice job
Ice Nine: Very good job. I would be worried about some serious durability issues with the maxshot AND plusbow springs in there. Other than that, great job.

#217844 Massacre 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 March 2009 - 02:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, have fun tomorrow guys. I hope that it is as good as the last one.
Slowguitarman: It's a shame I couldn't meet you this time, I hope to the next time you come up (which I hope happens). I really want to get shot by the domsayer.
And to attest to Mr. Green's amazing photography skills:
Posted Image

My cousin.

#217818 Longshot Breakthough (takes Stress Of The Boltsled) (writeup's Up)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 March 2009 - 03:44 AM in Modifications

That is pretty cool. As many people have said, I would worry about the keyring shooting upwards and hitting me in the face when fired. The problem with the magnet idea is that it takes another few split seconds to put the keyring on the magnet. Im going to do something similar, because I worked on my old angel breech for 3 months, and I could never get the nub to stay on for more than a week, with a pile of instacure (which FA_24 says works better than fishin glue) and epoxy putty.
PS: I love the music in the LnL video. I think it's from guitar hero 3 but Im not sure.

#217639 Modded Bbbb Plugging Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 March 2009 - 02:17 PM in Modifications

Fairly new to moding, I just finished moding a Bbbb into a quad shot shotgun. I'm contimplating now weather I should plug the air release valve or not as was recomended in some of the modding posts.

If I do descide to plug the air release how many pumps is a safe ammount? How many is Cutting it close and how many will either cause the chamber to explode or would end up hurting someone?

Keep in mind I'm firing 4 darts at once instead of one (only really relates to the last question).

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hey, Im not sure if you remember me from massacre2, I was the dude with the crossbow who took the cross gym headshot, anyway, Hi. As for plugging the BBBB, I would stick to 15 pumps. I blew one of mine apart with 18, but it had tank issues from the beginning. I would definitely plug it though, it would be worth it for the 4 dart spread+ decent range instead of 4 dart spread+NF range. As for hurting someone, don't shoot them at less than 30ft with it, and you will be fine. I shot my buddy with my 3 shot titan (plugged) at 35ft, he barely had any welts (2 0f 3 hit him). He was fine. Titans are more powerful than BBBBs, this had 3 shots, not 4.
Hope that helped.

#217586 Headshots

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 March 2009 - 03:27 AM in General Nerf

I think they should count as valid hits, but if someone is constantly getting them, and it is obvious they are aiming for the head unpurpose, then they should be asked to stop. Uncle Fester and I have a little history of headshots, and believe me, they hurt like hell from 70ft away with a BBBB (HbH2). Im sure he didn't mean to hti me in the head, but neither did I when I hit him in the head with K9's AT2K at massacre 2. It was a bad dart, and it spiraled up. They are sometimes unavioidable. He then proceeded to get a 150ft+ headshot on me, but I can't believe he actually aimed for my head at that a distance. Hitting me at all would have been an achievement. They should count as valid hits, but at the war I plan to host this summer, if anyone gets headshot, they should tell me who did it, and the person gets 3 strikes. After the third headshot, they sit out a round. It can be very dangerous, expecially if the person in question is over 18 and not using eye protection, as many wars allow.

EDIT: I think a good rule of thumb is to aim for the upper stomach/lower chest. You won't get any dangerous shots doing that. I do that, and that gives a good amount of clearance for dart deformities/barrel crookedness to likely avoid the face and genital region. Sure, I have hit people in the head and nuts by accident, but I have only ever got 1 headshot, and 2 nutshots. Most hit the stomach/chest, and no harm done. Or I miss the person completely, that happens a lot too.

#216937 What Have You Given Up For Nerf?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 March 2009 - 02:47 PM in Off Topic

I sold my copy of halo 3 to buy my first xbow, I got a job, sacrificing much free time in order to do so, in order to buy more guns. I have sacrificed more money than I care to count.
Love the poem FA_24. For those who are wondering he really isn't that scary in real life... Until he gets his game face and doomsayer on, that is.

#216775 Angel Breech

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 March 2009 - 04:42 PM in General Nerf

Yo anyone know how to make an angel breech or where to get one? if so, how much? :ph34r: :unsure:

Searching would reveal everything you need to know about making one. Since I am feeling nice:Here is a really good step by step guide. As for buying one, brass is 4$ a foot on average, you need 5ft of brass for it, plus labor, so a good 30$. You would need to install it, which is the hard part. Making it is relatively easy.
Oh and read this too.

#216724 The Countess

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 March 2009 - 04:25 AM in Modifications

Holy shit. That is amazing. I loved the breech and all, but the PJ is just amazing. It looks like you took a nicely painted gun and played a long game of left4dead with it. It reminds me of the picture you put on facebook of my cousin holding that bloodied up maxshot at massacre 2.
I can't wait to see this thing in action.
Props.
EDIT: I thought this was the gun that would be lent out to participants at massacre3. I watched the video, and saw it was for sputnik: You are one lucky bastard.
IMPORTANT EDIT: I would highly recommend staying away from that insta cure shit and going back to fishin glue. I got some at my not so local hobby shop to use on my angel breech. I could never get the thing to work. The nub broke off first cock every time. I used some epoxy putty on it too, but it broke off the day before HbH2, and the pieces at the end holding the 1/2 brass came loose too, so I singled it (FrankenMod) trust me, it is low quality stuff, I would really use zap a gap or fishin glue.

#215705 Nerf Youtube Videos

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 March 2009 - 07:45 AM in General Nerf

The crossbow is a status symbol, they believe it's the best because the famous nerfers have them...Either that or they assume that the most expensive blaster is also the best.

It's hard to say though, the mind of a goober is not commonly studied.

.......Wow, this thread has moved from Youtube videos to gooberology.

[derailment level 4]

The Crossbow is no longer a status symbol due to the fact that they are owned by so many Goobers, myself included. I don't see myself as a great, holy angelic crusader of Nerf. I was the same way when i joined NH. I saw Vacc, and Groove, and OMC all using Xbows. The "badasses" of the site. It's just that I decided I wouldn't be one of the Goobs who blow $150+ on a blaster. I still got a Crossbow, just in a much more economical fashion.

I never really thought that owning a crossbow would make me great or anything. I own one, Im still not great. This is to any goober out there: I was not a good shot, I have a crossbow, I still pretty much suck. Crossbows really don't do a whole lot. I got my 2 xbows (only one of which I still have) because incredible deals came up. I did not pay more than 50$ for either bow. If one comes up for cheap, by all means, go and buy it, but do not shell out 300$ for one. Crossbows do not make you cool. Look at mulletman###. He is probably one of the most disliked members here, and he owns 3 if not 4 crossbows. It does not make you badass as gears pointed out. Paying 150$+ for a piece of plastic just makes you look stupid.

Ice: You should maybe put a video on saying that crossbows ARE NOT worth 300$. Maybe that would stop 12 year old goobers gobbling them all up, and making it so that a comitted nerfer cannot get his hands on one

Gears: I love your sig. Funny thing is, that actually happened at Massacre2.

#215320 At2k Stock V.2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 February 2009 - 06:39 AM in Modifications

Anyone who was at HbH2 will likely remember my AT2K. I also had a coupler glued in the back, and I had a stock made out of CPVC. Well, it broke off first round. The coupler stocks just aren't sturdy enough for wars. If you wanted it to be sturdy, I would reccomend epoxy puttying the stock into the coupler.

#214875 What... The... Fuck...

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 February 2009 - 05:54 AM in Site Feedback

One good thing you missed was Ice (uin13) putting a video on youtube warning goobers (particularily underage ones) to stay away from NH.
I can't explain the rest of the crap, probably an admin validated a bunch of people.

#214698 Doubleshot Mod Write-up

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 February 2009 - 04:14 PM in Modifications

what did you use to cut it.

In the future, you may want to refrain from posting in topics that are more than 2 months old, let alone 2 years. This is called Necroing, and it is bad. If you want, Pm the author of the topic. If you necro repeatedly, an admin will likely suspend you, maybe even ban you.
Hope this helps.

#214635 Alrighty. Here's Some Stuff To Look At.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 February 2009 - 07:48 AM in General Nerf

Nightcabbage: Where did you get your info? Im not believing anything that is not a direct qouote from the guy who kid flash is in contact with. He knows, he designs the interiors. Unless you got this from a good source, in which case you should say where, it is just speculaton.

I think he may be right though. It looks like a fancy 4 extra barrel, pump action nicely colored mav.

#214450 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 February 2009 - 03:31 PM in Nerf Wars

FA_24:Aim your doomsayer at Canadiannerf, and yell: LEARN. YOUR. FRIGGIN. GRAMMAR!!! punctuating word with a doomsayer shot. Im serious, he is like the worst guy we have had since the guy who said he had created the ultimate nerf gun out of a mav. /rant

ON topic: Apple: What happened to you and rokor renting a paintball stadium? My cousin said he would show to that one for you did, he knows paintball stadiums. I would recomend the place that deals out sexual innuendos as well as good painty fun: STG. SPLATTERS!
Im telling my cousin about this war as well as massacre 3, he may go, but Im out for both.
Sorry to clog this thread when Im not going to be there.

#214228 The Future Of Nerf

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 February 2009 - 04:55 PM in General Nerf

I apologize if I seem pessimistic, but if nerf keeps going the way it has for the last couple years, I can see it just getting worse and worse. We had a great line, the Airjet power line. Then, there was crap for years. I mean, there hasn't been a good gun released since the LS. Hasbro's last two releases have been goober attracting pieces of Effeminate fail. I hope they change their ways, but the Raider really looks like a sideways drum mag recon. Nerf blasters have never been more complicated. Why? There used to be simple ones, the crossbow, the SM750, the LnL. Well (personal opinion coming up) Hasbro inventors/lawyers are scared. They (perhaps) have seen the monsters we have made out of our beloved crossbows, the behemoths we have turned the SM5Ks into. They are worried that if they make a simple gun that are easy to mod, little 10 year old joey who saw Uin13 on youtube will go and rip open his xbow, mod it, point it at his head and blind himself in one eye. Sure the warranty is voided, but that won't stop a lot of parents getting angry and boycotting nerf. If future guns are more complicated, joey won't be able to get his Complicator CS 1000 back together in order to hurt himself.
I can see homemades becoming much more of a factor at wars, much thanks to Carbon and Rork, and CaptainSlug. SNAPs, SNAPBows, and +bows are all simple, foam shooting death cannons that will outsthoot a LS (best gun hasbro has released in 5 years, IMO). PVC will always be needed for plumbing, homemades will live on.
About the goobers that Ice and OMC were discussing: Yes, the Nstrike line and the Uin13 phenomenon have brought a lot of stupidity to the site. I think there is still hope, with a bunch of VERY good members arriving this year (Splitlip, Just Some Bob, Blacksunshine, Dizzyduck, Mr. Badwrench, Hereticorp).
I think the good outweighs the bad, and these people Im sure will make many creations that will spice up nerf wars for years to come.

PS: I think it should be noted that Ice (Uin13) posted a video on youtube a few days ago, warning underage goobers to stay away from NH. If they won't take advice from the CoC, they may take it from him. I think this is great, and Ice deserves our thanks for this.

#214181 Alrighty. Here's Some Stuff To Look At.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 February 2009 - 02:29 PM in General Nerf

I really hate to be pessimistic, but I think it is a springer, not an airgun. Here are a couple reasons:
1. ROF. Hasbro is concerned with making rapid fire guns, such as the vulcan, dtb, mav, ls, recon. They all have a relatively high ROF. If this gun were to be an air gun, it would require multiple pumps (unless the pump tube takes up 1/3 of the gun). This would not be very high ROF. Hasbro wants guns that will spew out a lot of foam in a short period of time. The 10 shot turret would accomplish this for us, but for SWAT team loving kids, it wouldn't be enough, in my opinion.
2. General motion of things: Hasbro has not made an air gun in 3 years. But still, Nerf only made springers until the Supermaxx line (feel free to correct me on that), and only made airguns for the supermaxx years. Then, they kept on making airguns for the airjet power+, and Airtech lines. Then along came the NF and Nstrike, which have, for the exception of the hornet and titan, been springers. I hope they are going to go back to airguns, because correct me if Im wrong, but there hasn't been an airgun available in stores that people completely gave up on (recon).

I would really hope that it is an air powered gun. With a pump plug, PETG barrel replacement, maybe find some way of hacking off the front of it to allow for longer barrels... (GASP)
I can see it having great potential.
Springer or not, it would be easy as pie to integrate a 2k into there. Im going to get it regardless.

EDIT: If this is a springer, I think the only good route is to convert it to an airgun. I mean, look at the size of the area behind the gun. It looks like it has a mav sized pluger tube. The pump shaft looks like it would snap under the weight of an added spring (or a plugged pump for that matter). Looks like a powerclip pump, but thinner.
The faux barrel would kill range for sure, but it is necessary for the pump action to work corrrectly. I can see AT2k internals in this baby already.