mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#139769 Sm2.5k Pump Fix

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 February 2008 - 04:56 PM in Modifications

I recently bought a sm2,5k off my cousin. He was getting rid of it, as it's pump handle had broken, which I heard is a common malfunction with this gun. Is there any way to easily fix this? I thought maybe a lot of my supercomboglue (epoxy, gorilla, goop) might fix it. or could I dremel down the front of the gun and extend the shaft of the pump and attach a handle to it that way?
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks.

#140214 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 February 2008 - 03:43 PM in General Nerf

My first gun was a sm750. Loved the thing. My friend sat on it and broke it. I then shot him with my eab.
I dont have them anymore, but I wish I did because I would have integrated the sm into something.

#140419 Dtg Vs. Maverick

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 February 2008 - 09:09 AM in General Nerf

Ya I second that, I had a mav, it sucked. Plain and simple. I have never had a DTG, but I think that people get something like 55ft with them. Just get the DTG. Its worth the extra ten bucks.

#140433 Northern Illinois

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 February 2008 - 11:51 AM in Off Topic

Im not too religious either, but I will pray for them. Yep, my parents will and already have tried to get me to stop nerfing because of it. Im no stranger to school violence. Some dude stabbed his friend 7 times in my school (GTA nerfers might have heard about it). Bloody awful (literaly)

#140980 Sm3k Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 February 2008 - 08:19 AM in Modifications

Dang you beat me to it by 2 days!!!
I just finished my "contribution to NH yesterday!
Same thing, tho my pump was broken so I externalized it, made a removable PVC stock (coupler)
and made nested petg barrels.
Nice work though.
I plugged the pump, but had major leak issues so I gooped all the connectors, and replaced the old, cracked vinyl with newer stuff.
Good job.
Also one more thing.
Did you replace the vinyl tubing? Mine was opaque and white stock...

#141042 Sm3k Big Problemo

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 February 2008 - 02:28 PM in Modifications

I got my old leaky sm3k about a week ago. I modded it with nested petg barrels, externalized the pump (rotation mech was broken anyway missing pieces) I put a piece of PVC for the trigger to slide on.
Now, when I pump it 5 times, it shoots 5 feet. I think its an issue with the pump handle, as when I pump it, it makes a hissing noise. Ive triple checked all the connectors to the pump and the tank, there are no leaks.
Any suggestions? ive plugged the pump in all ways possible, short of emptying a tube of goop down the back of it.
Thanks
MSDFS

#141050 Sm3k Big Problemo

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 February 2008 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

If you put the gun back together incorrectly, you may have a hard timing pulling back the trigger resulting in a slower pull. Internal pics would help.

Ok will post some.

Here is the pumpPosted Image
Here is the trigger mech Posted Image
Here is the turret.Posted Image
Here is the sealed airtank.
Posted Image

Sorry for the bad pics, I have like a 4 megapixel camera.

#141058 Sm3k Big Problemo

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 February 2008 - 03:54 PM in Modifications

I figured out that without the auto rotation system, the turret isn't snug against the tank. So in other word, I decided to single it.
Just waiting for the epoxy to dry.

#141273 Pop Point Integrations

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 February 2008 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

Dude clear your message center, it's full.

#141407 The Vulcan

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 February 2008 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

I hope it doesn't shoot like the mech tommy 20. Very unreliable ranges. My cousin has one.
If it does, I will not buy it at all. Huge waste of 40$. Buy a chainblazer or rototrack.
On the plus side, this thing will have a great ROF, obviously, and the chains look like you can connect them, making a rain of darts down on your target. With screamers, pretty damn intimidatin.
Thanks

#141747 Oldie But A Goodie

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 February 2008 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

WOW. Im soo happy that I got one of these in a recent trade deal.
I don't think it will be my primary, but a great weapon none the less.
Thanks for including this im sure it will be used and added to the directory.

#142000 Gun Names

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 February 2008 - 05:01 PM in General Nerf

I named my LongShot "Cutthroat Bitch", after the character from House.

lol.

Yea Cutty is really bitchy.
Thinks everything house does is bad.
Hahahaa.
When he said that he was still at the hospital at 3am to meet a hooker in his office.

#142004 Largest Nerf Purchases

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 February 2008 - 05:08 PM in General Nerf

I got a ERTL rapid fire shotgun, and a LS for christmas, and then went out 2 days later and bought a Single tek/4b pack.
Lots, but nothin compared to badger or seoul.

#142176 Life Without A Dremel?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 February 2008 - 12:42 PM in Modifications

I use dremel bits in my powerdrill aswell.
Works like a dream. A very wet dream.... so not at all actually,
Always falls out of the drill.
I

#142440 "phun"

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 February 2008 - 09:39 PM in Off Topic

Looks like it could be really useful for planning spring based guns.
Anyone tried Linerider? Similar to this. You build a track for a miniature sled, and see if your wild creation will keep it going.
Really fun.
WOOT 100th post.

#142514 Homemade Chains For Razorbeast/rototrack.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 February 2008 - 05:12 PM in Homemades

I recently aquired a rototrack and razorbeast, and would like to know if anyone has succeeded in making some homemade chains for it. I used the search function, and it had only been speculated about.
Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks

#142710 The Semi 2k Is Back

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 February 2008 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

Good job.
That 2k will be like a full auto, 100ft shooting huge airtanked beast!

#142795 Ss1 Barrel Replacement

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 February 2008 - 07:26 AM in Modifications

Good job as always cole.
I have always thought that it was breech loading and that that tab to switch barrels was a bolt.
Owell. I like it alot.

#142899 What Should My First Homemade Be?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 February 2008 - 06:31 PM in Homemades

Try PM ing captain slug. He is amazing at homemades and will most likely be able to help.
Welcome to Nerfhaven.

#142901 Reclaiming The Titan

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 February 2008 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

Cool Idea.
I did something similar with my 4b, though I just made it a PETG breech to make sure I could fire micros, and still fit the missles over it as rifle grenades.
Worked wonders in a local war I had.
Thanks

#143513 Razorbeast Rotation Problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 March 2008 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

I recently bought my razorbeast of general cole. I have a set of perfect chains and when I cycle through them on the razorbeast, it jams like every 3 shots.
I know it isn't a great gun, I just think that's a bit excessive.
Thanks for any help.

#143658 Rototrack Problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 March 2008 - 04:51 PM in Modifications

I recently took apart and didn't mod my rototrack.
Now that I put it back together, I pull the handle, it rotates, but when I pull it the rest of the way (the last 5 6ths of the way) the spring/plunger doesn't release.
Im assuming that it is very similar to other pushpull guns so any advice would be really welcome.
Will post some internal pics.

#143671 Oldie But A Goodie

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 March 2008 - 06:12 PM in Modifications

Sorry to post in an old topic, but I did this with my SSM, amd I get like 20ft max with the turreted end.
any suggestions?
Thanks

#144076 Cpvc

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 March 2008 - 07:55 AM in Modifications

I checked the where to buy modding materials thread, and no mention of where to get CPVC.
Where do you guys get it.
Also, the very little amount I have is very tight on my darts.
I plan to use them in rototrack chains.
Is the rototrack strong enoug for them to leave the barrels?
thanks

EDIT. I checked ompa's mod. CPVC will work.

#144088 Cpvc

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 March 2008 - 12:12 PM in Modifications

I get mine at Home Depot. It's like 4 bucks for 10 feet.

Are you sure your not thinking about PVC? CPVC is white, not grey, and is very thin. Barely fits stock darts.
here is a picture of CPVC.
If you are right, then I stand corrected, as I have never been able to find any CPVC at Home depot.

#144211 Cpvc

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 March 2008 - 01:12 PM in Modifications

Thanks. May I remind you that I live in Canada, and that we do not have Aces here, and only one out in the middle of nowhere lowes.
Thanks anyway

#144333 My Rototrack Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 March 2008 - 03:27 PM in Modifications

I saw there was only one of these, so maybe FA_24 could add it to the directory.
Anyway:

ROTOTRACK MOD.
Barreling, added range, comfort increased, size reduced.
Ive been working on this for about a week now.
When I got my rototrack, I immediately realized, due to the strong pullback needed, that it had great potential.
I hate chain's guts though. After doing some searching around, I decided to put CPVC barrels on the rotation mechanism. Thanks to Frost Vectron and Ompa for some Ideas.
Here is how I did it.

MATERIALS.
One nerf rototrack
Four 4inch pieces of CPVC
a stronger stock spring (same length EXACTLY as the stock one)
A lot of your favorite adhesive.
1 soft goopy o ring, that fits on the front of the plunger tube.
Dremel with small cutting bit (not circular)
Etape

PROCEDURE

Here is your conventional stock rototrack, courtesy of nerfcenter

Posted Image

First, take the goofy looking chain cover off and discard it. You won't be needing it anymore. Next, look all over the gun and remove all screws. No caps or pieces to pry off, nice and simple.
Here is a picture of the correct internals to serve as a guide to re assembeling it.
Posted Image

Take everything out.
Remove the plunger rod and wrap as much Etape as you are comfortable with around the plunger head.
This will increase it's diameter, therefore it's air output.
Posted Image

then, take the plunger tube and your dremel with small bit. Take it and widen the hole at the front of it.
(thanks to ompa for showing me how) do the same with the rubber piece covering it if desired.

Next, take your desired spring, and cut it exactly to the length of the stock one (I used a thinner one on the inside of it.)
Slap it on underneath it, ontop of the holder piece

Next, take your O ring and glue it ontop of your plunger tip. This will improve the air seal.
Posted Image

Then, take the large orange rotation mech and your glue.
Put glue on the grooves where the chain goes.
Then, put on the CPVC, and move it around to align it with the tip of the plunger.

Allow to dry.
Next, take the shell of your rototrack.
You have to chop it down slightly to make room for the CPVC.
Cut it to look like this.

Posted Image

Now, for the final step.
Take a piece of foam of any kind and size, and glue it on to the armguard.
This will make it more comfortable and ergonomic.

Reassemble it as shown in the top picture.
Then go out and have fun.
It shoots at least 55ft now, so im quite happy with it.
Hope this has improved your rototrack

#144342 My Rototrack Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 March 2008 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

Not to sound stupid, but how does this gun work. I don't own one and haven't heard much about it.
Anyway, nice job!

It's very similar to the arrowstorm and the chainblazer, as you pull the handle back 5/6ths of the way to prime it, and pull the rest of the way to shoot.
It has an auto rotating turret. Its pretty rare, not many people have it or like it.

#144405 My Rototrack Mod.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 March 2008 - 08:22 AM in Modifications

I have more chains than I know what to do with.
No, I don't think that longer barrels would help, as the rototrack is tiny.
it straps onto your arm. Im very small for my age and it barely fits me.
It's plunger tube therefore isn't huge, so I don't think that it has much air output.
Thanks for your suggestions guys.

#145644 Longshot Clip Problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 March 2008 - 06:36 AM in Modifications

Since I am lazy, I shaved down the back of the 2 pronged clips down. Works fine now.

#145815 What Nerf Guns Could Be The Crossbows Of The Future?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 March 2008 - 02:42 PM in General Nerf

I agree. NFs are amazing. I think that the AT line will be in great demand. Since 2ks are already hard to find, they will be wanted in the future for their integratibility. I also think the RF20 will be popular later on. But yes, the NF could be the next generation of nerfer's LnL.

#145979 Newbie Needs Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 March 2008 - 04:01 PM in Modifications

Mav sucks, plain and simple. If you want range, get a AT3K or a 4b.
they have range, and the at3k has a good rate of fire.
The maverick is the most overrated gun on the face of the planet.
Everyone thinks it is cool and tries to be gangster by using it.
5 minutes here though, those people will realize they suck.
Good job though attempting the straw mod. I tried, and could not get it to work.
Welcome to NH.

#145996 Airtech 1000 Modification

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 March 2008 - 05:34 PM in Modifications

Just for reference: my friend had one of these. You cock it by pulling on the back of it, then the trigger releases it.
My friend's had awful range, so 50ft is an achievement.

#146101 Sniping

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 08:44 AM in General Nerf

Might I suggest a 3k or 2k. They can both hit a target at 70ft away, even with a crappy mod.
if you keep the turret, there is 6 extra shots on the 3k and i'm not really sure about how many on the 2k.
(Im talking airtech by the way)

#146103 At3k Or Recon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 08:51 AM in General Nerf

I play with my friends, and I kind of go all out not really on one type of playing
I use my modded LS with a switch shot max integrated for a primary, and my ppk'd NF for a secondary.
The AT3Ks come in twin packs, while the recon is obviously by it's self.
Both are 19.99 at TRU.

#146111 At3k Or Recon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 09:10 AM in General Nerf

I remember reading an article long ago about the advantages of an AT3K. The AT3K really may be the best all around primary to carry around. While reliable springers (like the crossbow) are great, if you miss, you can be in a tight spot. The AT3K's auto-rotating turret does a lot to help this. It also gets great range. Pretty soon I'll be posting my version of the "one pump" AT3K that is so awesome it's almost unfair.

Ill look forward to that.
I attempted your truly awesome SSM mod, but failed, so I integrated it into my LS.
Works like a charm.
Back on topic, I didn't know that the AT3k had an auto rotating turret, as TRU's description made it sound like a manual rotating one.

#146134 Telescoping Breech

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 11:14 AM in Modifications

COOL! Im going to definetly get a recon after seeing this. I heard it sucked, but with this breech, I cannot see how it can suck anymore.
Welcome to NH.

#146135 At3k Or Recon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 11:17 AM in General Nerf

Thanks everyone. It looks like the twinpack is the best option. Im going tomorrow as TRU is closed due to good friday. I will watch the poll until then and whatever gun wins is the one I will get.
Thanks again.

#146136 Easy Airtech 2k Barrel Replacement

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 11:20 AM in Modifications

If the At2k was still in production, I would waste no time, go to whatever store it was in, and buy like 5.
They are really good, as your mod shows.
integrating them is easy, too. Where did you get yours?

#146142 Longshot At3k Plan

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 12:00 PM in Modifications

If you can get your hands on a SSM (switch shots max), saw the water end off, plug the pump, and glue the guts of it on the bottom. That's what I did. The SSM gets like 60ft, my modded longshot gets about 75-80.