mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#219927 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 March 2009 - 02:52 PM in Nerf Wars

EDIT: Wait a minute, I already explained all that to you. Could an admin please delete this post, it's a waste of bandwidth.

#219051 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2009 - 03:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Damn. Im out again. Im absolutely disgusted that I only made it to one of these awesome Effeminate wars. Hopefully Ill have my driver's lisence next year, and not have to rely on my nerf hating dad. Again have fun, shoot some Americans and have fun listening to them saying chocolate donut.
Americans coming to this war: TRY POUTINE. Its not as bad as it sounds, I personally quite like it.

#156718 Favorite Video Game Weapon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 May 2008 - 02:44 PM in Off Topic

P90 or Barett 50 cal from COD4, or the Spartan Laser from Halo3
EDIT: DEAGLE!!!

#197736 Winter Ohio War

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 December 2008 - 01:27 PM in Nerf Wars

You guys look like you had an awesome time.
Thaygor: WTF is that huge bungie you have on your xbow? How hard is it to pull back? Where did you get it? I should get one, my xbow doesn't have a spring replacement, and with surgical rubber it is only getting 75ft.

Nice location, HbH2 had a small playground. I was running through it and heard a loud PING 2 inches away... That would have been one hell of a headshot.

#173987 Doomsayer Improvements.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 August 2008 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

Awesome man. I joined the ranks of the failed doomsayer club a while back. Man I love those Canadian helll cannons. They are like our national symbol now. This makes me want to take another crack at it.
Good job.

#204756 The Nerf Schofield

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2009 - 03:58 PM in Homemades

Very nice. It's a shame you aren't selling these. I would likely buy one. My only concern is the tiny plunger draw. What kind of ranges are you getting out of it now?
Oh and Im happy to see that I am not the only one who likes elizabethan blackadder. I love that episode:
"Baldrick, this is Molly, an inexpensive prostitute, and Molly, this is Baldrick, a pointless peasant."

#205335 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 January 2009 - 08:05 AM in General Nerf

xbow, I don't typically use a sidearm. When I do, I use my excessively banded 1st gen NF.

#220647 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 March 2009 - 02:25 AM in General Nerf

I use the same setup for outdoor/indoor, because my indoor is pretty long range (massacre)

1. Xbow. no integrations, plunger tube replaced. Crappy PJ. Hacked up shell. 3 bungies. nuff said. 120ft.
2. 1st gen NF. PPkd, CPVC coupler'd, spring replaced, ars removed, bands. 65-70ft.

The only setup that has truly worked for me up to now, and Ive tried at least 5 over the course of 2 day-long wars. I thought I loved AT2ks, but the one I had must have had awesomesauce poured down the barrel because it was getting a good 85ft flat with only barrel replacements and pump plug. I have not been able to match it since it died.

#148561 Sidearm/secondary Guns

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 April 2008 - 11:10 AM in General Nerf

I use my 3k which I integrated into my BBB. It pumps by pulling the BBB handle back and forth, and fires with a keyring. The sad part is, it gets better ranges than my BBB :P

#216724 The Countess

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 March 2009 - 04:25 AM in Modifications

Holy shit. That is amazing. I loved the breech and all, but the PJ is just amazing. It looks like you took a nicely painted gun and played a long game of left4dead with it. It reminds me of the picture you put on facebook of my cousin holding that bloodied up maxshot at massacre 2.
I can't wait to see this thing in action.
Props.
EDIT: I thought this was the gun that would be lent out to participants at massacre3. I watched the video, and saw it was for sputnik: You are one lucky bastard.
IMPORTANT EDIT: I would highly recommend staying away from that insta cure shit and going back to fishin glue. I got some at my not so local hobby shop to use on my angel breech. I could never get the thing to work. The nub broke off first cock every time. I used some epoxy putty on it too, but it broke off the day before HbH2, and the pieces at the end holding the 1/2 brass came loose too, so I singled it (FrankenMod) trust me, it is low quality stuff, I would really use zap a gap or fishin glue.

#183057 Tsunami Scattergun

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 October 2008 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

Awesome. Much cleaner than my "Shotgun" which is a singled LS with a marvelous salvo slapped on it.....
I normally single the BBBBs that come through my hands, but that is really cool, would be great for indoor wars.

#254595 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 October 2009 - 01:31 PM in Homemades

Well, for a Canadian nerfer, I have some pretty perculiar views on blaster restrictions, which is why I haven't hosted a war yet. I agree with Ryan that the hopper clip shooting 130ft as fast as you can prime a +bow isn't fair at all. It is no different from a doomsayer in my eyes. Yes, the ROF would be slightly slower, but it shoots farther (I believe doomsayer hits about 105ft flat, please correct me, FA if I am wrong).
I don't think doomsayers are that bad, because the average nerfer (myself included) cannot make one that is ban worthy. I have seen at least 4 or 5 "doomsayers" that don't rotate properly, that have ranges varying from zero to 90ft, and are a real pain in the ass to use. I have yet to see anyone make a fully functional one that comes anywhere close to the one FA made, in terms of range, ROF or anything like that. When the mag7 was justifying their decision, they were referencing APOC 08 with FA and Cardiac kid wielding doomsayers and raping everyone else. FA made both of them. Mag7 did not cite examples of other nerfers making them and having them work as well. A hopper clip +bow on the other hand, would be much easier to get your hands on, as +bows are readily available (for a price) and the hopper clip looks very simple in construction.

Here are some rules that I have been thinking of for my first hosting experience. Keep in mind that they are lenient, because we don't tend to ban anything that isn't legit dangerous up here.

1. No auto rotating, 4+ barrel, 100ft springers, with the exception of RFDGs. ( I really don't expect to see one that owns as much as the original, if I do, it will be adressed)

2. No air guns that shoot over 130ft flat. These can just be downright dangerous. I will allow UNPLUGGED BBBBs if they get that range, but no homemade air guns etc.

3. Air guns must be operated by manual pump (No compressors or or Co2, no HPA etc.) Air guns shooting over 100ft must take at least 2 pumps to achieve those ranges with whatever pump being used to be allowed.

#184883 My Doomsayer

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 October 2008 - 07:11 AM in Modifications

I think you are the second person to have a fully functonal doomsayer. oodalumps I believe was the first, apart from angel. Great job, though you must have insanely big FBR to fit SCH80.

#163062 Nerf Weapons Rack

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 July 2008 - 08:44 AM in Homemades

I work in a tiny sorage room, which is all my nerf hating parents will give me to work in. It has wooden rafters, so I put some nails in that and hang guns on that. It's easy to hang guns like my BBBB and xbow, but others are not so easy. Mavs would be easy though, because of the hole in the back of the slider.

Oh Angel: That is awesome, 3 legendary guns in a row. Your LS, BBB, Doomsayer. Can't wait to see the write up for the other one.

#181572 Official "show Off Your Longshot" Thread

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 October 2008 - 07:58 PM in Modifications

Well, while this thread is alive and kicking, I migh as well show of mine:
Posted Image
Ls Carbine with an "Icy" :lol: twist.
Singled, minimized. Doesn't work as of now, I have a cracked plunger tube but my friend has a busted plunger so I am buying his off him.
I like the Pj personally, It is my best. Kinda looks like a Blue Tiger P90 from COD4.

#186540 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 October 2008 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

After attending my first war, I discovered that I hate splitfires. I did aquire a 1st Gen NF, that had oodalump's plunger tube extension, and 9 bands, shoots farther than a maxshot. That is my favorite currently. I also own a 2k turreted SM750, and a SS2. hard to choose.

#180988 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 October 2008 - 06:49 AM in Modifications

I currently don't have one. I do have a splitfire in the mail as of a few days from now, so I guess that.

#213748 Clusterfuck Of A Longshot

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 February 2009 - 05:20 PM in Modifications

Yeah, Franken mod was started out by me. I had it integrated in a much different way, with me hot gluing the tanks directly to the LS. The LS was (is) singled. The thing looked like shit, With the tubes sticking out, one barrel having no PETG in it, the gun was half painted and the pump was really crooked. It was the result of me having pre war "what the hell am I going to use" panic attacks before HbH2, and me throwing it together from spare parts from 3 LSs and a MS I had integrated into my xbow, that I took off before I sold it. I sold "FrankenMod" to K9 that day.
Brings back good memories.
Great job, I like the stabilization. I can see that thing being feared at many wars to come.

#194517 Stormbringer

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 December 2008 - 10:12 AM in Modifications

Nice. I am planning on doing something similar with my xbow, except I am going to put the tank underneath.
I would too like to know how you sealed the CPVC and PETG.

#159834 Big Bad Bow Nitefinder Integration

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 June 2008 - 11:57 AM in Modifications

Oh no. Not another knock off guru..... General Cole got flamed to the point of tears after he even started calling his xbow "Bob the Guru"
Something to watch out for P.C 3. Nice ls though. I see you play COD4, hence the blue tiger PJ.

Yeah about the integration.. I like it. I did the exact same thing, but I sawed off the front handle of my DTB instead of BBB. It works nicely, though outranges the DTB, so that isn't practical.

#253727 Red Strike Series?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 October 2009 - 08:39 AM in General Nerf

Morning all!

Whislt having a quick skim of the HQ, I discovered this thread:

http://www.nerfhq.co...203.0;topicseen

Nothing special, apart from the BRIGHT RED FUCKING VULCAN!!

For those who don't want to read the thread

PIC

Anyone else seen these? Or any others?

Red recon too.

I always thought the recon was a hoax

The red recon is not a hoax. They have only been seen in Canada so far. There is a picture on FU if you still don't believe it. They are at all wal-marts and TRUs around me. At least near me, they are 5$ more than regular recons, so that is probably why no one buys them.

#255168 Red Strike Series?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 November 2009 - 07:54 AM in General Nerf

A bit of a correction: We are not drawn to these red recons, in fact, no one that I know and nerf with on a regular basis bought one. Why? They are 5$ more than regular recons.

This red strike stuff is pretty cool.. Not just because it's our nation's color, just because it looks awesome. I hope that they come out with a red NF, a red LS.

The colors are a little tacky though. The red recons that I have seen in stores have orange clips. This kinda clashes with the color. Yellow looks much better. I wonder why they phased those out.

#217818 Longshot Breakthough (takes Stress Of The Boltsled) (writeup's Up)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 March 2009 - 03:44 AM in Modifications

That is pretty cool. As many people have said, I would worry about the keyring shooting upwards and hitting me in the face when fired. The problem with the magnet idea is that it takes another few split seconds to put the keyring on the magnet. Im going to do something similar, because I worked on my old angel breech for 3 months, and I could never get the nub to stay on for more than a week, with a pile of instacure (which FA_24 says works better than fishin glue) and epoxy putty.
PS: I love the music in the LnL video. I think it's from guitar hero 3 but Im not sure.

#221518 Massacre 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 April 2009 - 03:50 AM in Nerf Wars

Im speechless. 1/2 hour of the war on tape, even after editing. That double kill was really nice, SGM.
I can't wait for may 9th, counting down the days.

#211753 Massacre 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 February 2009 - 01:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Im writing this from southern france, so obviously Im out. Have a good one boys, I expect pics galore...
If you have a war in may, Im in for sure.

#218256 Massacre 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 March 2009 - 02:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I was seriously depressed all day saturday. I mean, my exchange partner's family thought I was sick. Im so mad I missed out on it, though this france thing has been a great experience. That little guy looks awesome! I mean if you stood the PAS on it's stock with the barrel on, it would be up to his chin. Pearson's new Pas looks awesome. Everyone looks like they had a good time.

SGM: Unfortunately, Im not back until may. If there is a massacre 5 or some kind of outdoor war in may that you are coming up to, I will be there barring crutches/wheelchair. Oh shit that just gave me an idea.....

K9: Puppy cannon? Upgraded from bunnies now?

#217844 Massacre 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 March 2009 - 02:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, have fun tomorrow guys. I hope that it is as good as the last one.
Slowguitarman: It's a shame I couldn't meet you this time, I hope to the next time you come up (which I hope happens). I really want to get shot by the domsayer.
And to attest to Mr. Green's amazing photography skills:
Posted Image

My cousin.

#203324 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 January 2009 - 04:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh I forgot a huge + for the war: Watching k9 run around with the flagging tape tied to his goggles in between his eyes, wielding his "evil bunny". Priceless. (Evil bunny is a PAS with a RSBC that has a couple zip ties on it that look like rabbit ears)

EDIT: HUGE CON: This being my last war before I go to france for 3 months. Im hella excited, but they DO NOT have nerf guns over there. I went 2 summers ago, the TRUs there have NOTHING. Im going to host a war during the summer likely, so I will be back on the southern ontario scene when I get back.

#201838 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 January 2009 - 12:18 PM in Nerf Wars

My status has gone from a maybe to a definite. That is me and my guest. Expect us there.

#201243 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 January 2009 - 10:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Less than 7 days Gentlemen. I hope you are ready for this one.
If anyone else is interested in coming and needs supplies,guns sidearms let meknow asap.
I need to know how many guns to build,darts to make etc.

It's looking more and more likely that I will be there. Im bringing my cousin if I do come, and he will need stefans (he will pay accordingly). I can supply him with guns/eye protection. You can put us both on the maybe list.

#198971 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2008 - 01:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Chances look good that I will be there. I may be as much as an hour late, but it will be worth it in the end. Just to be on the safe side, I will pay when and if I arrive at the war.
Applefury: You said your BBB was busted. I have an extra plunger head I can give you. It is just taking up space I really have NO use for it.

#196507 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 December 2008 - 08:11 AM in Nerf Wars

I got a "maybe" out of my parents on the ride. I may have to forgo WCNO, but this is going to be Effeminate. I will do my best to be there. Put me down as a maybe.
EDIT: Ill bring my nerf loving cousin. He will need darts, will pay accordingly.

#202106 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 January 2009 - 06:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, one last confirmation that me and my cousin are there.

Applefury: I have your bbb plunger head packed in my war box.

FA_24: I know I said I could mod my cousin guns, but he dry fired his NF and broke it. Sorry for the late notice but he will need to borrow a sidearm.

See you all tomorrow!!

#202474 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 10 January 2009 - 08:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Fucking awesome war. Here are some highlits:

Seeing Dumpy, k9, Fa_24, Fester again.
- Meeting some new guys, some of which gave me painful welts to remember them by.
- Having my xbow work well, but realizing I need the spring replaced.
- Aquiring some new guns and petg.
- Getting two very nice headshots, one on Rokor, one on Fester.
- Getting my cousin into the sport, and shooting him in the nuts with a NF at 25ft in the pistol round
- Getting an almost cross-gym hit on someone, can't remember who, but my xbow was really angled.
- Eating 7 taquitos from 7/11 at lunch.
- Seeing franken- mod perform very well, getting me out twice.
- Getting shot by Fester at AT LEAST 150ft right between the eyes. That hurt like hell (BBBB)
- Getting shot in the teeth by k9 at 20ft with his PAS.
- Applefury thinking a prince albert was called a "king james" when we were discussing piercings. I loled for at least 5 minutes over that.
- Dumpster tagging me out when my back was turned 30 seconds after we called a truce in free for all.
- Getting him back by shooting him point blank in the ass.
- Crooked doing a great slide right in front of me and nailing me in the nipple. FA_24 caught it on tape too.
Only two cons:
-my AT2Ks sucked ass for some reason.
- A bunch of people who were supposed to be there not being there.

Angel: That was me that fester hit, not dumpy. I don't think anyone got any headshots on him.

Oh and I just counted 11 welts. Dirty great one on my forhead, looks like I have cancer or something.

Great show, thanks for everything, everyone who organized it. So worth the 1.5h drive.

#203941 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 January 2009 - 09:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I was about to say put me down as a maybe but its over.

So why bother posting at all? Have you read the Coc? It says don't post unless you have something relevant to say. You have shitty grammar, and have made multiple pointless topics. I don't normally backseat mod but you labeling yourself with our wonderful country's name is making all of us look bad.

FA: I love the joke. Reminds me of what we were discussing with suggle suggle (I think it was him) over the lunch break. The guy with the red sweater. Im not going to talk about it here, but it was hilarious.
Any news on the pics yet?

#203557 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 January 2009 - 03:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

So true. I don't use any lube with my xbow, it gets 95ft with 3 bungies and the stock spring.
Oh, and added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.
I can't wait for pictures.

#203440 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 January 2009 - 10:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, it's true I was always out close to the beginning. I think it was my flashy xbow, everyone wanted to get me out because they were jealous :) (not FA_24 of course, he has like 3)
Anyway, great war, I had an awesome time, I can't wait until the next one I can attend!

#203431 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 January 2009 - 09:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Haha 3d pic: Rune hawk: Hows the dart doobie?
Im dissapointed at the lack of me in those pictures, K9. Anyway, the pistol round was awesome. I can't believe ADK or whatever his name was actually used a mav. I think I was the only one to use 1 pistol the whole round instead of 2 at some point.

#206883 The Basic Explaination Of The Rscb

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 January 2009 - 03:26 PM in Darts and Barrels

I guess that's why my RSCB doesn't work anymore: I have a 1ft one on my 2k, and petg is a perfect fit on my darts. Great job. The evil bunny with that thing installed was A BEAST!

#186203 A Gift.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 October 2008 - 07:24 AM in Modifications

That gun owned at HbH. Rambo got me at least three times with it, I noticed that it had very good accuracy. It hurt too. I loved the LED setup. Great job, and I use the same screwdrives as you. I should probably get some better ones, thanks Slug.

EDIT: That is the trippiest version of "ONE" that I have ever heard. Awesome though.

EDIT#2: Is the epoxy putty you are using for the reinforcements?