mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#201948 Magnificent 7

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 January 2009 - 08:28 PM in General Nerf

Ok it is obvious that the magnificent 7 want to see awesome NERFERS, not nerf guns. There is a time and place for showing off your awesome mods that can shoot 150ft, but they want this to be about physical skill, not modding skill.
I respect that, and I think that if someone like Death can take on crossbows with a stock LS and a mantaray, it should be an inspiration to all of us. Same goes for garrett, who I hear is fucking ridicuous. I think the mag7 want to see more of that, and less long range pot shots. I think that is why they are trying to keep it to old fashioned, close range nerfy goodness by banning ridiculous guns.

#201859 Magnificent 7

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 January 2009 - 02:18 PM in General Nerf

I agree with some of the bans. Scatter titans can be just as deadly as singled ones. My scatter titan has a triple shot attachment, and with a plugged pump and 15 pumps (and a PERFECT seal) it can shoot 95ft. They are not deadly like singled ones as that they can break skin, but dodging something like that at 50ft is nearly impossible.
I don't have a personal problem with the doomsayer being banned as I do not own one, but on the other hand, I didn't really have a problem with the THREE we had in play at HbH2. Sure I was a little intimidated, but I still managed to get plenty of hits on Fa_24 and Cardiac Kid, and oodalumps. I did not find they unbalanced the play, at one point I believe we had 2 doomsayers on one team, and the other team won.
It is the magnificent 7's war, and if they want to ban it, thats fine. I would not care if they banned crossbows, NFs and AT2Ks (my current working arsenal) as long as I could be at a war that was on the kind of scale that these ones are going to be.
My only major beef with this would be the big salvo: 85ft, whats wrong with that?

#156718 Favorite Video Game Weapon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 May 2008 - 02:44 PM in Off Topic

P90 or Barett 50 cal from COD4, or the Spartan Laser from Halo3
EDIT: DEAGLE!!!

#214635 Alrighty. Here's Some Stuff To Look At.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 February 2009 - 07:48 AM in General Nerf

Nightcabbage: Where did you get your info? Im not believing anything that is not a direct qouote from the guy who kid flash is in contact with. He knows, he designs the interiors. Unless you got this from a good source, in which case you should say where, it is just speculaton.

I think he may be right though. It looks like a fancy 4 extra barrel, pump action nicely colored mav.

#248211 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 August 2009 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Name: Not so stumpy anymore!
Mods Done: Level 4, fully reinforced with putty, metal, wood, you name it. Universal coupler, stock PT with washer behind plunger head. Usually use a 9/16 barrel but I don't need to have it coupler'd because it vaccum loads quite well.
Integrations: . 2k as we speak
Comments: I got a new shell for my old crossbow, Stumpy. I re-did the internals, scrapping the replacement PT, new spring, reinforcements, and now soon to be a 2k. I have been having endless problems with it. The coupler never stays on, even with JB weld and epoxy putty together. It has come off a good 4 times now. Ranges also suck. Maybe 75ft with two bungies. I have tried a variety of barrels, nothing helps. I'm gonna throw in a replacement plunger tube and see if that helps

#214181 Alrighty. Here's Some Stuff To Look At.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 February 2009 - 02:29 PM in General Nerf

I really hate to be pessimistic, but I think it is a springer, not an airgun. Here are a couple reasons:
1. ROF. Hasbro is concerned with making rapid fire guns, such as the vulcan, dtb, mav, ls, recon. They all have a relatively high ROF. If this gun were to be an air gun, it would require multiple pumps (unless the pump tube takes up 1/3 of the gun). This would not be very high ROF. Hasbro wants guns that will spew out a lot of foam in a short period of time. The 10 shot turret would accomplish this for us, but for SWAT team loving kids, it wouldn't be enough, in my opinion.
2. General motion of things: Hasbro has not made an air gun in 3 years. But still, Nerf only made springers until the Supermaxx line (feel free to correct me on that), and only made airguns for the supermaxx years. Then, they kept on making airguns for the airjet power+, and Airtech lines. Then along came the NF and Nstrike, which have, for the exception of the hornet and titan, been springers. I hope they are going to go back to airguns, because correct me if Im wrong, but there hasn't been an airgun available in stores that people completely gave up on (recon).

I would really hope that it is an air powered gun. With a pump plug, PETG barrel replacement, maybe find some way of hacking off the front of it to allow for longer barrels... (GASP)
I can see it having great potential.
Springer or not, it would be easy as pie to integrate a 2k into there. Im going to get it regardless.

EDIT: If this is a springer, I think the only good route is to convert it to an airgun. I mean, look at the size of the area behind the gun. It looks like it has a mav sized pluger tube. The pump shaft looks like it would snap under the weight of an added spring (or a plugged pump for that matter). Looks like a powerclip pump, but thinner.
The faux barrel would kill range for sure, but it is necessary for the pump action to work corrrectly. I can see AT2k internals in this baby already.

#163204 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 July 2008 - 11:26 AM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image

Name: Gemini
Mods Done: Most of this was done by Team_Slaya before I got it but here it is: LvL 4 reinforcement DT3 spring etc. Telescoping brass barrel, nested in sch40, in PVC coupler. I really went crazy on the reinforcement because I have wanted an xbow for so long and want this one to last me a while. I have 2 layers of galvanized steel plating protecting the spring rests, and metal pins glued in behind them. 2 nails are glued in the plunger rod under the catch to reinforce that. Foam on the plunger head.
Integrations: None as of now, maybe a SM1.5K later on.
Comments: My first, and probably last xbow. I got it from Team_Slaya for 40 bucks, as it was a bit beat up, and the plunger head was shrivelled up. To fix this I used a lot of etape, some FBR, and a lot of silicone lube. As you can see, I covered the whole thing in etape, as there was a lot of glue on the case that I couldn't get off. It turned out really well, and I think it looks good. I use a mini bungie for extra power. The little ring of CPVC on the trigger is to make the trigger more comfortable to hold, and is an easy alternative to rawray7's method of shortening the trigger pull. The xbow is called Gemini because I only use it with the two SM750s pictured, which my friend nicknamed castor and pollux, the two twins in the constellation Gemini. The xbow is my primary, the Sms are my sidearms. The xbow gets about 90ft avg. Flat, and the Sms about 75 ft flat. Im very happy with it.

#204763 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2009 - 04:34 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Name: Stumpy

Mods done: Level 3.5. I did all the reinforcements you would do for adding a DT3 spring, except I replaced it with a arrowstorm spring. I reinforced the spring rests with metal, glued nails behind them. Shaved down pencils were used to reinforce the plunger by the previous owner. The band decals were the previous owner's too. The red highlights were me. I replaced the plunger tube as per Splitlip's write up.. It has a universal coupler on it now, which means it will accept any barrel, provided it is a piece of CPVC or it's nested in PVC.

Comments: My second xbow. I got quite a deal on this one. The front was sawed off because of an incident involving the previous owner's brother, a pile of laundry, and said brother's ass. It doesn't look that bad. I am looking for a new shell, because I am unable to integrate the 2k I speak of below. If you have one, Pm me. It is in sanddown mode, because the PJ was peeling off, but it has at least 9 coats of games workshop paints on it, so it's gonna take a while.
This isn't it in it's current state. I have bungies on (3 of them) instead of the surgical tubing. I am integrating a 2k as we speak. I used it at massacre 2, and got some paint chips from being shot in the gun. Im fixing that too.
Ranges: 65ft with no bungies
73ft with 1 bungie
79ft with 2 bungies
84ft with 3 bungies.
After the plunger tube was replaced, I was getting 130ft flat with an arrowstorm spring and 2 bungies. That went down though, and Im not 100% sure why.
Here is another cool pic of some of the band logos:
Posted Image

#220420 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 March 2009 - 06:46 AM in Homemades

WOW!!! I can't believe I didn't see this a few days ago. This is spectacular. It makes my xbow, which I have put probably 10 hours of work into, look like a hunk of decaying plastic that somehow gets 120ft. I can't believe you COMPLETELY RE-MADE THE INTERNALS!!
I like how you affixed the SF to the xbow without piles of hot glue. Very clean.
I hope to be shot with this someday.

#220438 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 March 2009 - 11:01 AM in Homemades

I think I just JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

Way to go everyone, stealing my idea.... Check out my first post in the tread.

Anyway, Slug, I came up with a few questions:
1. I noticed there was no spring rest reinforcement. I couldn't tell if your new plunger setup bypassed the need for them, or what, but if not, I would HIGHLY suggest reinforcing them. It may not be as pretty opening up the gun, but it's hella worth it.
2. Due to the unique vocabulary used in the write up, I was unable to tell whether you used any type of glue/solvent/adheisive of any kind to attach the SF. Is it all held on by the bracket?

#134445 Doomsayer

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 December 2007 - 06:16 PM in Modifications

I could drill the Ar's out, but I don't have a dremel. Will be borrowing my friend's for this mod.

#134230 Doomsayer

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 December 2007 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

I have a question. I modded a LS as my first gun (BBB spring added, no air restrictors removed.) It works fine. Do you think that I am capable of doing a version of this mod? It looks really cool and not too hard but my local bass pro shops charges 32$ for it so I don't really want to attempt it if I am going to just end up throwing it out.
Thanks.

#177717 Automated Foam Cutter - New Pics/vid

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 September 2008 - 11:19 AM in Darts and Barrels

Holy Damn. That is the best invention since condom and the crossbow. Man, if I had one of those, my life would be a hell of a lots simpler. Any chance of making plans available to the public?
AWESOME!!!!!

#220647 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 March 2009 - 02:25 AM in General Nerf

I use the same setup for outdoor/indoor, because my indoor is pretty long range (massacre)

1. Xbow. no integrations, plunger tube replaced. Crappy PJ. Hacked up shell. 3 bungies. nuff said. 120ft.
2. 1st gen NF. PPkd, CPVC coupler'd, spring replaced, ars removed, bands. 65-70ft.

The only setup that has truly worked for me up to now, and Ive tried at least 5 over the course of 2 day-long wars. I thought I loved AT2ks, but the one I had must have had awesomesauce poured down the barrel because it was getting a good 85ft flat with only barrel replacements and pump plug. I have not been able to match it since it died.

#205335 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 January 2009 - 08:05 AM in General Nerf

xbow, I don't typically use a sidearm. When I do, I use my excessively banded 1st gen NF.

#188094 Favorite Rock/metal/alternative Song

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 November 2008 - 05:39 PM in Off Topic

I like Alternative, because it's you know....alternative.

Seriously fuck alternative, and the only metal I've ever liked is naked city, and ambient black metal (Jesu, Burzum, etc.). A lot of mainstream metal is some of the most horribly boring stuff. ever. Don't get me started on Guitar world heads.

But good rock songs?

I'm really into Jay Reatard at the moment. He's a machine when it comes to creating new material, really good garage punk with solid pop influences. I'm also really digging Deerhunter's weird era cont (an album, I know it said song). If I had to pick a song probably Jay Reatard's Nightmares at the moment.

Holy shit... Burzum.... They are one of the most hardcore bands I have EVER lent an ear to. Didn't one of their members blow his head off with a shotgun, and the other members use fragments of his skull to make necklaces that they wore on stage?

Anyway, I have another addition:

This is the song FA_24 used in his longshot vid: Black Hearts Now Reign
Quite a good song.

EDIT: Another amazing song: Zombie Autopilot

#187558 Favorite Rock/metal/alternative Song

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 November 2008 - 08:55 PM in Off Topic

March Of The Mutes- Unearth
This Glorious Nightmare- Unearth
Laid to Rest- Lamb Of God
I Hate You- Slayer
Raining Blood- Slayer
Symphony Of Destruction- Megadeth
Exhorder- Exhorder
BYOB- System of a Down
Beyond the Black- Metal Church
Nectar- Opeth
Boiled Frogs- Alexisonfire
Runes to my Memory- Amon Amarth
Beast and the Harlot- Avenged Sevenfold
Unholy Confessions- Avenged Sevenfold
Downfall- Children of Bodom
Lake Bodom- Children of Bodom
Bed of Razors- Children of Bodom
Renegade- Hammerfall
Take This Life- In Flames
The Trooper- Iron Maiden
Aces High- Iron Maiden
My Curse- Killswitch Engage
Master of Puppets- Metallica
Enter Sandman- Metallica
Sad But True- Metallica
Dont Wanna stop- Ozzy Osbourne
Back to the Primitive- Soulfly

Those are maybe 1/6th of my favorites......
I mostly listen to metal.

Boss18- Papa Roach? Don't even get me started......

#187640 Favorite Rock/metal/alternative Song

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 November 2008 - 07:34 AM in Off Topic

Here's a few.
Fallen Leaves- Billy Talent
Jambi- Tool
Polyamorous- Breaking Benjamin
Schism- Tool
Stricken- Disturbed
Welcome Home- Coheed and Cambria

Yes!!! Fallen leaves is an AMAZING song. I guess Im kinda biased, becuase I live in Billy Talent's hometown, but they are a great band. They used to be my favorite before I got into metal. Im going to download some of the stuff I see here. List looks great so far.

#203941 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 January 2009 - 09:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I was about to say put me down as a maybe but its over.

So why bother posting at all? Have you read the Coc? It says don't post unless you have something relevant to say. You have shitty grammar, and have made multiple pointless topics. I don't normally backseat mod but you labeling yourself with our wonderful country's name is making all of us look bad.

FA: I love the joke. Reminds me of what we were discussing with suggle suggle (I think it was him) over the lunch break. The guy with the red sweater. Im not going to talk about it here, but it was hilarious.
Any news on the pics yet?

#203557 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 January 2009 - 03:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

So true. I don't use any lube with my xbow, it gets 95ft with 3 bungies and the stock spring.
Oh, and added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.
I can't wait for pictures.

#220107 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 March 2009 - 03:17 AM in General Nerf

I was scraping hot glue out of my old xbow with an exacto-knife. One of the blades broke off, and the knife slipped and slashed my wrist. Well, more like punctured it. I lost a shitload of blood, but only needed 1 stitch.
Other than that, being shot in the hand at 20ft by applefury with a PAS. It swellled up huge, and I couldn't write for 2 days. It wasn't all that painful though.

#203324 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 January 2009 - 04:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh I forgot a huge + for the war: Watching k9 run around with the flagging tape tied to his goggles in between his eyes, wielding his "evil bunny". Priceless. (Evil bunny is a PAS with a RSBC that has a couple zip ties on it that look like rabbit ears)

EDIT: HUGE CON: This being my last war before I go to france for 3 months. Im hella excited, but they DO NOT have nerf guns over there. I went 2 summers ago, the TRUs there have NOTHING. Im going to host a war during the summer likely, so I will be back on the southern ontario scene when I get back.

#198971 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2008 - 01:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Chances look good that I will be there. I may be as much as an hour late, but it will be worth it in the end. Just to be on the safe side, I will pay when and if I arrive at the war.
Applefury: You said your BBB was busted. I have an extra plunger head I can give you. It is just taking up space I really have NO use for it.

#196507 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 December 2008 - 08:11 AM in Nerf Wars

I got a "maybe" out of my parents on the ride. I may have to forgo WCNO, but this is going to be Effeminate. I will do my best to be there. Put me down as a maybe.
EDIT: Ill bring my nerf loving cousin. He will need darts, will pay accordingly.

#203440 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 January 2009 - 10:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, it's true I was always out close to the beginning. I think it was my flashy xbow, everyone wanted to get me out because they were jealous :) (not FA_24 of course, he has like 3)
Anyway, great war, I had an awesome time, I can't wait until the next one I can attend!

#201243 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 January 2009 - 10:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Less than 7 days Gentlemen. I hope you are ready for this one.
If anyone else is interested in coming and needs supplies,guns sidearms let meknow asap.
I need to know how many guns to build,darts to make etc.

It's looking more and more likely that I will be there. Im bringing my cousin if I do come, and he will need stefans (he will pay accordingly). I can supply him with guns/eye protection. You can put us both on the maybe list.

#201838 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 January 2009 - 12:18 PM in Nerf Wars

My status has gone from a maybe to a definite. That is me and my guest. Expect us there.

#203431 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 January 2009 - 09:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Haha 3d pic: Rune hawk: Hows the dart doobie?
Im dissapointed at the lack of me in those pictures, K9. Anyway, the pistol round was awesome. I can't believe ADK or whatever his name was actually used a mav. I think I was the only one to use 1 pistol the whole round instead of 2 at some point.

#202474 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 10 January 2009 - 08:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Fucking awesome war. Here are some highlits:

Seeing Dumpy, k9, Fa_24, Fester again.
- Meeting some new guys, some of which gave me painful welts to remember them by.
- Having my xbow work well, but realizing I need the spring replaced.
- Aquiring some new guns and petg.
- Getting two very nice headshots, one on Rokor, one on Fester.
- Getting my cousin into the sport, and shooting him in the nuts with a NF at 25ft in the pistol round
- Getting an almost cross-gym hit on someone, can't remember who, but my xbow was really angled.
- Eating 7 taquitos from 7/11 at lunch.
- Seeing franken- mod perform very well, getting me out twice.
- Getting shot by Fester at AT LEAST 150ft right between the eyes. That hurt like hell (BBBB)
- Getting shot in the teeth by k9 at 20ft with his PAS.
- Applefury thinking a prince albert was called a "king james" when we were discussing piercings. I loled for at least 5 minutes over that.
- Dumpster tagging me out when my back was turned 30 seconds after we called a truce in free for all.
- Getting him back by shooting him point blank in the ass.
- Crooked doing a great slide right in front of me and nailing me in the nipple. FA_24 caught it on tape too.
Only two cons:
-my AT2Ks sucked ass for some reason.
- A bunch of people who were supposed to be there not being there.

Angel: That was me that fester hit, not dumpy. I don't think anyone got any headshots on him.

Oh and I just counted 11 welts. Dirty great one on my forhead, looks like I have cancer or something.

Great show, thanks for everything, everyone who organized it. So worth the 1.5h drive.

#202106 Massacre 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 January 2009 - 06:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, one last confirmation that me and my cousin are there.

Applefury: I have your bbb plunger head packed in my war box.

FA_24: I know I said I could mod my cousin guns, but he dry fired his NF and broke it. Sorry for the late notice but he will need to borrow a sidearm.

See you all tomorrow!!

#180434 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 September 2008 - 04:04 PM in Modifications

I have a general question about the vulcan. How long can you fire the gun on automatic before the batteries run out?

This could have been found out by searching. While this is not the worst necro I have ever seen, it is not adivsed to post in a topic that is more than 3 weeks old, to avoid the wrath of the admins. Just giving you the heads up.

#186202 Lancer: A Product Of Kappa Sigma Armory

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 October 2008 - 07:13 AM in Modifications

Amazing. That is all I can say. I thougt bondo had the consistency of water... How did you get it to stay on top?
Great job, I love the cog symbol on the front.

#176599 The New Hereti Corp. Assault Rifle

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 September 2008 - 03:20 PM in Modifications

I can really vouch for this guy. Before reading his flickr guide, I had no clue how an angel breech worked. Now I have a fully functional one. Thanks a million, Hereticorp, you are amazing.
Oh I love the PJ too.

#236159 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2009 - 08:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Im sorry to post so much in this thread, but what are people bringing for sale/trade?
Im not really selling anything, but I am interested in aquiring:

One of the following:

PAS
RFSG (doomsayer stock gun)
LS. (NEEDS to be stock or close to it)

No where near me stocks these. If someone has one or lives near a BPS or TRU that has these, Ill pay whatever it costs+ a little bit to make it worth your time.
Pm me with what it costs.

Im pumped. Hopefully if some maybes firm up, we will have 10 people.
FOof: that sucks that you are not coming.

#236256 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2009 - 05:09 PM in Nerf Wars

That park looks amazing! Im down for the change. I don't care as long as I can get to nerf, but it looks great.

#235834 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 June 2009 - 01:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I thought this deserved a bump...
And, while I was out of town, my parents chucked my big bag of mile high blanks.
Therefore, I have the capability to make..... About 30 stefans. Im commissioning Dude13 to make me 30, but that only makes 60. Could someone make me another 40 stefans? I will pay them of course. I need ones that fit snugly in PETG.

#234955 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 June 2009 - 10:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Dude: Plastic tarps strung between trees with bungees work very well. We used this at HbH2, with good results. Stringing them up on playstructures also works, but this kinda means that no kids can use it, which may anger some parents.
Massacre style foam barricades will not work, wind will blow them over easily.

Mitch: If you do come to this war, please refrain from asking me how much I want for my crossbow. It isn't for sale, and generally most guns aren't unless someone specifies that they are. And please wait until the end of rounds to ask these questions, if you feel you must.

#234195 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 June 2009 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

YAY!!!!! ;) Venturer trip is EARLIEST the 25th. That means Im there!.
I don't have enough materials to make enough stefans, so if someone could sell me ~20 that fit nicely in PETG, that would be very much appreciated.

#234416 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 June 2009 - 09:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Would anyone be willing to sell me around 5 or so feet of PETG at the war?

Ill give you that if you make the darts 5$.

#230412 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 May 2009 - 03:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I will not be in attendance. It's the weekend between my two exam weeks, studying is kinda important then.
Sorry, maybe the next one.
EDIT: AM I the only one who thinks this should be called SCANO?