mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#233108 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 May 2009 - 05:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Eh, Im about 80% sure. Damn venturer company still hasn't decided anything. Ill know by monday.

#231581 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 May 2009 - 08:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Please move me to a maybe. There IS a venturer's canoe trip, but I don't have a date yet. I will know in the next few days.

#231266 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 May 2009 - 11:09 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a 90% definite for the 20th, if it gets moved. There is a TINY possibility my Venturer's group is going on a canoe trip on the 20th, but we haven't discussed it yet, and I think it is just too late to plan it. Im not 100% sure though. I will know for sure by tomorrow.
This is absolutely awesome, a war on the subway line. You can shoot a singled titan out of high park subway stop and hit my house.

#230412 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 May 2009 - 03:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I will not be in attendance. It's the weekend between my two exam weeks, studying is kinda important then.
Sorry, maybe the next one.
EDIT: AM I the only one who thinks this should be called SCANO?

#234195 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 June 2009 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

YAY!!!!! ;) Venturer trip is EARLIEST the 25th. That means Im there!.
I don't have enough materials to make enough stefans, so if someone could sell me ~20 that fit nicely in PETG, that would be very much appreciated.

#234416 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 June 2009 - 09:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Would anyone be willing to sell me around 5 or so feet of PETG at the war?

Ill give you that if you make the darts 5$.

#236159 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2009 - 08:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Im sorry to post so much in this thread, but what are people bringing for sale/trade?
Im not really selling anything, but I am interested in aquiring:

One of the following:

PAS
RFSG (doomsayer stock gun)
LS. (NEEDS to be stock or close to it)

No where near me stocks these. If someone has one or lives near a BPS or TRU that has these, Ill pay whatever it costs+ a little bit to make it worth your time.
Pm me with what it costs.

Im pumped. Hopefully if some maybes firm up, we will have 10 people.
FOof: that sucks that you are not coming.

#236256 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2009 - 05:09 PM in Nerf Wars

That park looks amazing! Im down for the change. I don't care as long as I can get to nerf, but it looks great.

#234955 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 June 2009 - 10:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Dude: Plastic tarps strung between trees with bungees work very well. We used this at HbH2, with good results. Stringing them up on playstructures also works, but this kinda means that no kids can use it, which may anger some parents.
Massacre style foam barricades will not work, wind will blow them over easily.

Mitch: If you do come to this war, please refrain from asking me how much I want for my crossbow. It isn't for sale, and generally most guns aren't unless someone specifies that they are. And please wait until the end of rounds to ask these questions, if you feel you must.

#235834 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 June 2009 - 01:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I thought this deserved a bump...
And, while I was out of town, my parents chucked my big bag of mile high blanks.
Therefore, I have the capability to make..... About 30 stefans. Im commissioning Dude13 to make me 30, but that only makes 60. Could someone make me another 40 stefans? I will pay them of course. I need ones that fit snugly in PETG.

#164657 Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 July 2008 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

In the sixth picture it looks like your barrel is angled downwards.

#184780 Night Finder 3 In 1

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 October 2008 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

If I were you, I would make the tubing long, and dremel out the handle, where the batteries used to go, and goop the pump in there. Then you could pump it SS2 style.

#148561 Sidearm/secondary Guns

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 April 2008 - 11:10 AM in General Nerf

I use my 3k which I integrated into my BBB. It pumps by pulling the BBB handle back and forth, and fires with a keyring. The sad part is, it gets better ranges than my BBB :P

#214450 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 February 2009 - 03:31 PM in Nerf Wars

FA_24:Aim your doomsayer at Canadiannerf, and yell: LEARN. YOUR. FRIGGIN. GRAMMAR!!! punctuating word with a doomsayer shot. Im serious, he is like the worst guy we have had since the guy who said he had created the ultimate nerf gun out of a mav. /rant

ON topic: Apple: What happened to you and rokor renting a paintball stadium? My cousin said he would show to that one for you did, he knows paintball stadiums. I would recomend the place that deals out sexual innuendos as well as good painty fun: STG. SPLATTERS!
Im telling my cousin about this war as well as massacre 3, he may go, but Im out for both.
Sorry to clog this thread when Im not going to be there.

#188416 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 November 2008 - 09:26 AM in General Nerf

I had a SM750 when I was like 6. Then, I got a BBB from a friend for my 11th birthday. I had it for a few years, but I lost all the arrows. Then I went on google to search how I could make it shoot darts, and I found nerfhq. I found a link from there to here, realized here was better, and joined up. FA_24's LS mod also really got me interested.

#149459 Longshot Question/problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 April 2008 - 10:12 AM in Modifications

Sorry I screwed up your mod by buying your LS spring...
And your stupid dog for eating the clip lock. I second Captain Slug.
Re enact old yeller, take a musket to his head.

#168951 New Music...

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 August 2008 - 11:09 PM in Off Topic

I like avenged sevenfold, lamb of god, and that is about it, I mostly listen to metal, but it is also mostly from the 80s.

#180988 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 October 2008 - 06:49 AM in Modifications

I currently don't have one. I do have a splitfire in the mail as of a few days from now, so I guess that.

#186540 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 October 2008 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

After attending my first war, I discovered that I hate splitfires. I did aquire a 1st Gen NF, that had oodalump's plunger tube extension, and 9 bands, shoots farther than a maxshot. That is my favorite currently. I also own a 2k turreted SM750, and a SS2. hard to choose.

#155716 Favorite Older Computer Game.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 May 2008 - 06:42 PM in Off Topic

IM not that old, so NHL 1999. (hockey)
I played that game every waking second.
I PWNED at it. I started winning like 19-2 on the hardest difficulty.
A little more recent Runsecape and Battlefield 1942

#175634 Guide To All Guns Directory

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 September 2008 - 11:16 AM in General Nerf

I can think of many harder mods than the doomsayer. This should be a lvl 8 maybe. I attempted it with nothing but a LS AR removal under my belt, and found it quite easy, but could not finish it due to not having any pushnuts. I think something like the eyes of fire, or angel's LS mod would be harder, but that is just my oppinion. I love this idea, and here is one of my own you may want to consider

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Longshot Cs6
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Stock ranges: 20-25ft
>Possible ranges: 80-100ft
>Modding difficulty: 5-9, depending on wether the breech is replaced or not, or integrations
>Avg. price: 30$-40$
>Standard position: Primary.
>Rate Of Fire: Medium/high (uses clips)
>Notes: Very popular primary, due to large plunger volume and high rate of fire due to clips. Quite innacurate unless the breech is replaced with brass, or it is singled with CPVC. Sidearm is often integrated into the front.

#217818 Longshot Breakthough (takes Stress Of The Boltsled) (writeup's Up)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 March 2009 - 03:44 AM in Modifications

That is pretty cool. As many people have said, I would worry about the keyring shooting upwards and hitting me in the face when fired. The problem with the magnet idea is that it takes another few split seconds to put the keyring on the magnet. Im going to do something similar, because I worked on my old angel breech for 3 months, and I could never get the nub to stay on for more than a week, with a pile of instacure (which FA_24 says works better than fishin glue) and epoxy putty.
PS: I love the music in the LnL video. I think it's from guitar hero 3 but Im not sure.

#190700 Massacre

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 November 2008 - 07:35 AM in Nerf Wars

Wow. Thats a huge gym. At least 4X as big as my school one... And thats not even all of it. I am getting the money from my cousin who is coming with me tomorrow, so I will paypal you next week sometime.
I can't wait.

#195454 Massacre

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 December 2008 - 12:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Awww come on. Does tank need ANOTHER tattoo? This seems like a good war to miss that for. I REALY wish I could bethere, please take lots of pics, I can't wait to see them.

#254712 Nerf N-strike Longstrike Cs-6 - Preview!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2009 - 03:58 PM in General Nerf

Nah, definitely not a reshelled Recon. If you look at the priming system and at the back of thegun, there is no where for the back of the reverse plunger to come out of, no tube covering it. It would not be uncovered, as that has proven to be a safety hazard. I think LS internals are probable, though they only claimed the LS hit 30ft, so maybe the PT is bigger, spring is better etc....
I like the look of this.

#196545 Massacre

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 December 2008 - 02:55 PM in Nerf Wars

FA: I will be first down for a DVD if you do make them. I don't care how much they cost, war footage is so much fun to watch. I can't wait to see you guys at Massacre 2.

#195977 Massacre

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 December 2008 - 09:42 PM in Nerf Wars

SHit, he even had a fog machine.... DAMN I wish I could have been there. I spent the day setting up my school auditorium for a ballet performance going on there in the next week (scouts stuff, we do it every year) and selling christmas trees (also scouts (venturers)) Then I did homework. I was really sad all day because I kept imagining what you guys were doing.....

#190222 Massacre

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 November 2008 - 07:13 AM in Nerf Wars

Im a definite.
EDIT: I am likely bringing a friend. I can supply him with everything but stefans. What would the cost be for him?
Are singled 2ks too powerful?
EDIT#2: I will paypal you the entrance money closer to the date. I am hella busy, can't meet in person.

#192952 Massacre

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 November 2008 - 08:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Im officially out. I cannot convince my parents to drive me to Ajax, as that is a good hour's drive away. I pointed out that tank rat, dumpster and Rixon are driving from Cambridge but it didn't do any good. I can however make it to WCNO, so I will see all my fellow canadians there.

#221381 +pistol, By Splitlip

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 April 2009 - 06:34 AM in Homemades

I completely agree everyone should lay off Split. He has made this thing to be small and deadly, which he succeeded in doing. What are we going to do? DISCOURAGE people from posting innovations? I have not seen FA_24's 160ft shooting PAS in person, but I range tested with him at HbH2 and I can say he doesn't bullshit about ranges. I don't think split does either. This thing too may break down in the middle of a war, who knows? I put a couple bungies on my old +bow for shits and giggles, and I got 170ft. Im sure that if I left them on, the cocking handle/rod would have snapped, as it was warping it. Anything that gets over 140ft is going to end up breaking sometime.
This is very cool, and I hope you make it up to Canada so I can see it in person.

#217586 Headshots

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 March 2009 - 03:27 AM in General Nerf

I think they should count as valid hits, but if someone is constantly getting them, and it is obvious they are aiming for the head unpurpose, then they should be asked to stop. Uncle Fester and I have a little history of headshots, and believe me, they hurt like hell from 70ft away with a BBBB (HbH2). Im sure he didn't mean to hti me in the head, but neither did I when I hit him in the head with K9's AT2K at massacre 2. It was a bad dart, and it spiraled up. They are sometimes unavioidable. He then proceeded to get a 150ft+ headshot on me, but I can't believe he actually aimed for my head at that a distance. Hitting me at all would have been an achievement. They should count as valid hits, but at the war I plan to host this summer, if anyone gets headshot, they should tell me who did it, and the person gets 3 strikes. After the third headshot, they sit out a round. It can be very dangerous, expecially if the person in question is over 18 and not using eye protection, as many wars allow.

EDIT: I think a good rule of thumb is to aim for the upper stomach/lower chest. You won't get any dangerous shots doing that. I do that, and that gives a good amount of clearance for dart deformities/barrel crookedness to likely avoid the face and genital region. Sure, I have hit people in the head and nuts by accident, but I have only ever got 1 headshot, and 2 nutshots. Most hit the stomach/chest, and no harm done. Or I miss the person completely, that happens a lot too.

#189456 At2k Tank Extension

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 November 2008 - 12:17 PM in Modifications

CRAP!!!!! That is amazing. The cursing is because ever since I started using AT2Ks as my primaries, I have removed the goo gauge. I chop them off and glue the tubing directly into the tank.
I do have 2 stock ones, so I will most likely try this. I can't on my primary 2k as it is RSCB'd but the others, why not. It seems to work. Excellent job.

#256561 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 November 2009 - 07:53 AM in Off Topic

I am noticing less and less camping now. The fact is, you get what is probably the best sn1per rifle in the game right off the bat, so a lot of people use it. Most people wait to get the AUG HBAR or the TAR 21 before they really start playing outwardly and not camping. Now that people have had the game longer, less people are grabbing their Barrett .50 cal and hiding around shooting with it, because they have unlocked guns that are really easy to get a shit ton of kills with.
I love the FAL. I don't care if it's semiauto, that iron sight ENCOURAGES headshots. I got 30 kills with it my first game, 11 of those being headshots. I have digital for it now, almost urban. The SCAR with a Silencer and a Heartbeat sensor with urban looks awesome.

#256593 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 November 2009 - 03:18 PM in Off Topic

The FAL seems to be a cross between the G3 and M14 in COD4. It has almost no recoil, like the G3, but usually kills in 2 upper body shots, like the M14. I keep consistently getting 20+ kills a match now with it, averaging 5-6 headshots with a silencer only. I think I'm hooked.
Talio: About your hit but no kill problem: Don't EVER just pull the trigger once. Tap it a bunch of times, even before your reticle confirms you got a hit. I usually tap the trigger 3-4 times in rapid succession, as default. I know that even if half of those hit the guy, he's down.

The TAR is overpowered. It has the same damage as a SCAR with much higher ROF and clip size.
I can't wait until I unlock the AUG HBAR next level, because apparently you can still see your heartbeat sensor while you are sprinting: A real advantage for those who use the HBS.

EDIT: Something that really pisses me off is that they did not get rid of the super overpowered M16. I mean, a ton of people who clearly used it in COD4 are just going back to it, with the same suckish results. I never used it much in COD4, I found it really cheap. The FAMAS is NOT just another M16. M16 kills in one burst almost no matter what, even if you land 2/3 bullets on target. You need to get ALL of them on target with the FAMAS, with stopping power to get a kill. It's much more balanced this way.

#257244 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 November 2009 - 01:44 PM in Off Topic

Raffica rocks. Best loser rifle that I have unlocked is still the Barrett. The intervention just looks wierd, and the WA2000 is just an underpowered, lower recoil Barrett that you NEED to get an upper body shot to kill with.
ACR is beastly, it's a M4 on drugs. UMP45 is great, it's what I use. It kills in 3 bullets with stopping power.
The AUG is basically an assault rifle, it should not be in the LMG category. The only shotgun I have unlocked that I actually use is the striker. 12 shots, semi auto. No competiton.

#256159 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 November 2009 - 10:20 PM in Off Topic

I agree, camping on the XB360 is ridiculous. I mean, half the enemy team is camping, and there is no way to get anywhere near them, as they have sentrys, claymores and about 5 other campers scoping in every direction. This went on for at least half a game, and the only way for it to end was some guy getting a care package with an AC130 in it, and dealing with them that way.

BTW: IF anyone has reached level 23 and has not yet tried out the G18, go smack yourself. I swear to God, it's my favorite gun in the game. I seriously use it as a primary, and my Mp5 as a backup. It's a beast silenced.

#255982 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 November 2009 - 04:03 PM in Off Topic

I'll agree with Talio, the SCAR-H is fucking awesome. I am working on silencer for it, and I'm gonna bling it with a holographic once I unlock that. The MP5K with the attachement that increases the ROF is almost unstoppable at close range with stopping power. It just owns, plain and simple. One dissapointement was the Intervention. I originally thought it would own all, and it did.... Without a silencer. The silencer makes it dead quiet, but it kills the damage. I landed some full chest hits with it at medium range (not enough to get longshot once I killed them) and it took 2 shots. Needless to say, I removed the silencer, but if you wanna be really stealthy and still own, use the Barrett .50 cal. I had much better results with that. M4 sights, as Talio said, are much better this time 'round. I used it for a bit, but I prefered the SCAR in the end.

I like the maps better, they seem like they will be much harder to memorize. The maps in COD4 and WaW were really too simple. Favela is really a maze, good luck remembering where all the good spots are on that map.

#255919 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 10 November 2009 - 09:01 PM in Off Topic

I got it, it owns, nuff said. I am on XBL, my gamertag is IPWNOOBZ.
I love the Intervention, it is so damn powerful. I shot a guy through both sides of a train car.

#204756 The Nerf Schofield

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2009 - 03:58 PM in Homemades

Very nice. It's a shame you aren't selling these. I would likely buy one. My only concern is the tiny plunger draw. What kind of ranges are you getting out of it now?
Oh and Im happy to see that I am not the only one who likes elizabethan blackadder. I love that episode:
"Baldrick, this is Molly, an inexpensive prostitute, and Molly, this is Baldrick, a pointless peasant."

#154039 Other Hobbies Aside From Nerfing?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 April 2008 - 05:21 PM in Off Topic

I play a LOT of sports: Hockey, tennis, badminton, soccer, swimming (non competitive) National level archery, snowboarding, skiing. I listen to music, mostly 80-90's rock such as Guns n Roses, Finger 11, Hendrix (a bit earlier), the Clash, U2 etc. I have been playing the violin for 11 years, so I play that a lot. I do homework and play xbox 360. That sums up my life.