mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#142514 Homemade Chains For Razorbeast/rototrack.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 February 2008 - 05:12 PM in Homemades

I recently aquired a rototrack and razorbeast, and would like to know if anyone has succeeded in making some homemade chains for it. I used the search function, and it had only been speculated about.
Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks

#204793 Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2009 - 06:14 PM in Modifications

It is better to remove the whole thing than to cut it. I saw the goo gauge off the tank, widen the hole at the back of the tank, and goop the tubing connected to the pump right in there. I do this with all my 2ks, except the one that I have done a tank extension.

#164536 The Dangerous Book For Boys

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 July 2008 - 08:11 PM in Off Topic

Ive read it, greatest thing ever. I took their advice on girls, to help them lift heavy objects etc. It said if you couldn't lift it, sit on it and engage in conversation. I sat on it, turned out to be her new makeup wardrobe thing, and I broke it. She tried (unsucessfully) to kick my ass. Apart from that shitty piece of advice, I love it. I made a bow and arrow using their directions, shoots about 95ft flat, so it works.

#150588 Trigger Fire Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 April 2008 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

Im not sure what gun you mean. I believe you mean the gun badger used to make his BOOMSTICK, right?
If so, I don't believe it will work. Try stuffing a piece of barrel down the hole for the AR like he did.

#152370 Sawtooth Spring Replacement.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 April 2008 - 11:08 AM in Modifications

I know perfectly well that frost vectron used a rattler spring to replace the spring on his sawtooth. I am doing a similar mod, but I am not really satisfied with 44ft average. I saw that frost said that the spring has to compress really small. I am thinking about cutting down a NF spring, or making a new catch spot.
Does anyone think this will work?
Thanks in advance.

#152419 Sawtooth Spring Replacement.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 April 2008 - 02:42 PM in Modifications

Do you have a firstshot spring I could buy? If not, do you have a busted first shot?
I would pay 3$+ship.

#203428 Epoxy Putty

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 January 2009 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

I had the same problem. I took the piece that came off, and liquid epoxied it back on. This was 4 months ago, the PAS has seen a war since, no problems whatsoever. I would try that to see, if the wet hands idea doesn't work. Oh and let it sit 24hours before trying to cock the PAS.
EDIT: sorry ,didn't see that you did leave it for 24h.

#159533 Crossbow Level Site.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 June 2008 - 06:29 PM in General Nerf

I once found this site that had what each level of modification of a crossbow, and the materials required.
I can't find it anymore. Could someone please tell me where this is, and perhaps supply a link.
Thanks

MSDFS

#159540 Crossbow Level Site.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 June 2008 - 07:29 PM in General Nerf

Thanks. Exactly what I was talking about.

#163126 Crossbow Issues.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 July 2008 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

This kind of helps me. I had it forced up against the spring rests like that, but it wouldn't close.
I don't have any integrations, or anything. It just won't close, I don't know why.

#163113 Crossbow Issues.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 July 2008 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

I got my crossbow a few days ago and set about fixing it up, as it had a lot of hot glue residue in it. That worked fine, but now I can't seem to close it. I noticed that the plunger tube can be pushed up and down against the spring rests about 2 inches. I was wondering what is the correct positioning for the plunger tube. Please don't ask me stupid questions as I sliced my arm open while scraping the glue out and it hurts to type.

#225217 Angel Breech Vs +bow

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 April 2009 - 02:26 AM in General Nerf

For this, I am going to assume you are talking about an angel breeched longshot... Anyway, It completely depends on what kind of nerfing you will be doing. Are you going to be nerfing in large open parks with ranges between people of 100ft+ or are you going to be in a tighter, closer ranged environment, such as a gym, or playground? If you are in the open park scenario, I would go with the +bow as it will give you the range you need. If you are in the closer environment, I would go with the angel breeched longshot, as it has decent range and ROF, and reloading with a clip is easier than a flip breech/ramrodding.
If you don't feel confident with a dremel/pipe cutters, do not attempt an angel breech.

#145979 Newbie Needs Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 March 2008 - 04:01 PM in Modifications

Mav sucks, plain and simple. If you want range, get a AT3K or a 4b.
they have range, and the at3k has a good rate of fire.
The maverick is the most overrated gun on the face of the planet.
Everyone thinks it is cool and tries to be gangster by using it.
5 minutes here though, those people will realize they suck.
Good job though attempting the straw mod. I tried, and could not get it to work.
Welcome to NH.

#153272 A Quick Question On Pricing...

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 April 2008 - 06:01 PM in General Nerf

If a nerf gun shoots balls, it sucks them. And the slingshot is notoriously bad.
I wouldn't ask for more than 2$ for it, and I can't see anyone except maybe orange taking it.

#149509 Clips?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 April 2008 - 04:35 PM in Modifications

I have a hard time believing that this has never been mentioned before, but I was unable to find anything about whether a magstrike clip can work in a powerclip. I recently aquired a PC and want to mod it, and I have a spare MS clip.

#162993 Pvc Probs

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 July 2008 - 12:11 PM in Modifications

1/2 PVC will be loose on micros, and fit megas perfectly. If it is too small, I think you are using CPVC, which is very tight on micros. With this, you can take a 1/2 inch drill bit and bore out the CPVC so it fits your darts better. Copper is useless, buy brass instead, it is worth the extra money.

#238287 My Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 June 2009 - 10:09 PM in General Nerf

First off, this belongs in Modifications, not General Nerf.
Generally, modifications use pictures, and people do not take too kindly to having a modification posted with bad spelling and grammar, no pictures and at best murky instructions. If I were you, I would read the code of conduct.
I am just trying to help you, because the admins will likely ban you quickly if you continue this way, and you seem to know something about what you are doing, therefore you getting banned would be a shame.

#156910 Sm500 & Sm3k

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 May 2008 - 04:13 PM in Modifications

If the lube doesn't work, I guess the guns are just defective. That happened to me with my 3k, and I sold it to General Cole who apparently got it to work. Go over to HQ and PM him to see how he did it.

#197593 Ls Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 December 2008 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

I had a LS/NF/Recon spring combo in my LS. Ask K9turrent, it is awesome (sold it to him) It is singled, so has better ranges than a standard one would (unless angel breeched).

#203714 Just A Couple Questions For Nerf Extrodiners

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 January 2009 - 09:34 PM in Modifications

Read the code of conduct. That is the advice you need right now. It is in the top left corner of the screen. Nerf wise, practise stefan making. Your modified guns won't do you any good if your stefans suck.

#258784 Rear-loading 1500 Probs.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 December 2009 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

This mod is driving me nuts. I have been working on a rear-loading 1500 off and on for about 3 months now. I can't get the washers to seal with the flat hot glue surface on the back of the turret. I have tried everyting. I filled the space in between the barrels with hot glue, cut it flush with a razor blade. It is fine. I have tried washers, BBB arrows, micros cut down the middle and spread flat, nothing works. I always end up getting a seal that is worse than stock. I need a good seal because my darts are snug in PETG. I know many have pulled this off, so what did you do? I have searched, read every rear-loading 1500 thread, tried at least 5 different materials to make the seal. I'm out of ideas, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

#258833 Rear-loading 1500 Probs.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 December 2009 - 09:53 AM in Modifications

Well, I am probably gonna have to try an improvised version of ChefDave's because I already have barrels in there. I think that if I put FBR in there, it should not be hard to poke out. I don't have a belt or palm sander, so the epoxy putty method would be risky.
Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.
MSDFS

#219052 Quick Queston On Triggerblaster

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2009 - 03:09 AM in Modifications

HAHAHAAHHAHA. That is the gun I got thrown out of the bay downtown for dissasembling the pump system while it was on display zip-tied to a manikin. Yeah, a lot of potential. Pump replacement required, the pump is tiny. It took me 15 pumps to get any decent airflow out the barrel. Unfortunately, I didnt buy it but I look forward to seeing the monstrosity you spawn in person soon.
HOLY ASSCRABS PENISCAR BATMAN JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST. 1000th post.

#251413 Ottawa War

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 September 2009 - 04:02 PM in Nerf Wars

I have a whole pile of family in Carleton Place, that I intend on going to visit some time before November. We shall see about a war though. I kinda doubt I would have a day to spare.

#218435 Fan Fiction War

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 March 2009 - 01:16 PM in Nerf Wars

This "Fan fiction" Idea is exactly why I didn't bring any friends that like nerf (with the excpetion of my paintball playing cousin) to any wars. They all ask me "Make my Ls a lancer" or "I want my recon to be a Barret .50 cal" they would just make asshats (thanks for the word dumpy) of themselves, thinking they are awesome with their NF "desert eagle".
No, it would just turn into a whole opinion of which gun is better in the movie/game and who would "Pwn" who if they went up against each-other in real life.

Langley: WHen I went to NO, a picture came up of a guy (possibly VACC) holding a mass of duct tape/xbow. Is that the original binky? I think I saw two LnLs on the side, which got me wondering. That is cool.

#202677 Sf Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 January 2009 - 06:14 PM in General Nerf

Well, it may help to understand how a SF valve works. Dumpster killed his, with a hammer probably, and gave me the mangled remains, which I am dissecting now. Im going to post pics tomorrow or the day after to show the NIC the internals of a SF tank.
When I owned that same sf^ I poured a capful of mineral oil down the pump, pumped 10 times, fired, (do not fire it at anything you don't want oil on) and left it overnight. It worked, but dumpster screwed it up somehow. I would reccomend doing this.
Hope this helps.

#136268 What To Do?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 January 2008 - 05:48 PM in Modifications

Wow :o
you guys must have had really hard shotguns, I am like 5.2 with pencil arms and I got it off first try...
Oh well if the screw works, thats great. If not, there is 30$ down the drain

#152962 Quick Smdtg Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 April 2008 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

I heard that 45 pumps blows the airtank. Stick to 42-43.

#146142 Longshot At3k Plan

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2008 - 12:00 PM in Modifications

If you can get your hands on a SSM (switch shots max), saw the water end off, plug the pump, and glue the guts of it on the bottom. That's what I did. The SSM gets like 60ft, my modded longshot gets about 75-80.

#152750 Sm1.5k Major Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 April 2008 - 06:17 AM in Modifications

Ok. I have a much bigger problem now. I fixed it again, shot it, and the rubber sealer inside the tank shot out the barrel! I sawed off the long thing that connects the tank to the turret, and managed to get the rubber thing back in. The problem is now, I can't use the turret, and I didn't want to single it. I had the idea of replacing it with a drinking straw wrapped in etape, but im worried that would bust. Any suggestions?

#152692 Sm1.5k Major Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 April 2008 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

EDIT: SEE MY SECOND POST, AFTER JEDIJOE9's

#152770 Sm1.5k Major Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 April 2008 - 10:51 AM in Modifications

Thanks imaseoulman. I am going to use this piece of tubing that is pretty rigid, but is about 3/4 of an inch, but has insanely thin walls. I hope it works. I spent a lot on this sm1.5k because it was an abnormally strong one. I guess I pumped it one too many times. I epoxied the rubber thing to the pin, and now it works fine. I just want to be able to use the turret.

EDIT: I finished it today. Will post a write up soon, because doing what I did had a funny side effect: It greatly increased the seal, and therefore the range.

#152917 Sm1.5k Major Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 April 2008 - 02:30 PM in Modifications

Im finishing it now... Will be up tomorrow.

#234812 Repairs, Any Suggestions?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 June 2009 - 02:59 PM in General Nerf

Not really. You will need to modify the plunger head to get it to work. CS was wrong, it can be done.

A huge, recently common problem is if the entire plunger head stem breaks off. This is more prone to occur if you store the gun while it’s primed, as the constant force on the stem weakens it over time, until it shoots off. The best way to repair this, is to pilot an 1/8″ hole about 1/2″ down into the center of the end of the plunger rod. Take a nice fat 3/4 - 7/8″ mounting or wood screw, run a 3/4″ fender washer, then your plunger head neoprene washer, then another 3/4″ fender washer (both uncut), and screw it into your piloted hole slowly until it can’t go any further. If you’re using the replaced plunger tube, a 1 1/4″ neoprene washer will do the job, but a 1 1/8″ one will be the perfect seal. They’re just significantly harder to find.

Taken from Split's guide.
Yeah, it will work, no it will not be completely stock, either.
Hope this helps.

EDIT: I use a 1 1/4 with my stock PT, it works great

#174280 Need Some Ertl Shotgun Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 September 2008 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

As you say, the gun is WAAAAY Powerful. This means that they need more weight on them to fly straight, and that is where stefans are better than taggers. I would reccomend making some CTDs. Those will serve you well.

#178559 Apoc 2008 Road Trip Video.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 September 2008 - 01:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Awesome, I envy you fellow countrymen to no end. Unfortunately, convincing my parents to let me do that would be extremely hard indeed. Lets just say it would be easier to convince them to let me take up crack, and them buy me the stuff. Asking to go to hell was pushing it...
Awesome video as usual, I also really enjoyed your apoc video.

#153507 Pawn Game

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 April 2008 - 07:31 PM in Off Topic

Sounds cool, but change your damn font!

#163127 Non-advancing Magstrike Mag

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 July 2008 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

So... I bought an Iron Man Magstrike, and I loved it. So naturally, I had to have more. I did a few modifications (the usual bladder space increase, safety removal, and OPR valve removal), slapped it back together, and BAM! Only shoots one dart (ranges not exact, but I'd say, oh, three inches) and the clip does not advance. Plus, so as to add insult to injury, when no clip is inserted, the advancement wedge DOES come forward.

Ugh. Can anyone help me figure out what's gone wrong?

I had the exact same problem. I scrapped it, as I hate the thing, but I believe that I put the parts in wrong.
Try making sure the parts are in exactly as they should be, and try again.
This is why powerclips are so much better. They don't have these kinds of problems.....

#159711 Longshot Troubles

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 June 2008 - 11:24 AM in Modifications

I think making a new plunger tube that would work with the LS cocking system would be hard. I would reccomend scraping it, and using the clips with a new LS like banshee said.

#162973 I'm Not Allowed To Help The Environment

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 July 2008 - 08:02 AM in Off Topic

Wait a sec. Your under 13?

Im pretty sure you are under 13, with brains and pointless posts like that. He said under COPPA compliance, that if someone is under 13, they need to get permission from a parent, and the parents need to realize that the child may come across some words like split, lip and lobotomy (sp?). He never said he was under 13.

On topic, that is really funny. My cousin got thrown off some children's site for having the email that started with "butthater" after some kid's parents complained. Kinda similar. But seriously, your name is nothing compared to that, and this vicky person is stupid.