mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#188416 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 November 2008 - 09:26 AM in General Nerf

I had a SM750 when I was like 6. Then, I got a BBB from a friend for my 11th birthday. I had it for a few years, but I lost all the arrows. Then I went on google to search how I could make it shoot darts, and I found nerfhq. I found a link from there to here, realized here was better, and joined up. FA_24's LS mod also really got me interested.

#216937 What Have You Given Up For Nerf?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 March 2009 - 02:47 PM in Off Topic

I sold my copy of halo 3 to buy my first xbow, I got a job, sacrificing much free time in order to do so, in order to buy more guns. I have sacrificed more money than I care to count.
Love the poem FA_24. For those who are wondering he really isn't that scary in real life... Until he gets his game face and doomsayer on, that is.

#220647 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 March 2009 - 02:25 AM in General Nerf

I use the same setup for outdoor/indoor, because my indoor is pretty long range (massacre)

1. Xbow. no integrations, plunger tube replaced. Crappy PJ. Hacked up shell. 3 bungies. nuff said. 120ft.
2. 1st gen NF. PPkd, CPVC coupler'd, spring replaced, ars removed, bands. 65-70ft.

The only setup that has truly worked for me up to now, and Ive tried at least 5 over the course of 2 day-long wars. I thought I loved AT2ks, but the one I had must have had awesomesauce poured down the barrel because it was getting a good 85ft flat with only barrel replacements and pump plug. I have not been able to match it since it died.

#205335 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 January 2009 - 08:05 AM in General Nerf

xbow, I don't typically use a sidearm. When I do, I use my excessively banded 1st gen NF.

#159432 What Gun Has Potential.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 June 2008 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

The SM1.5k id say. You can do anything to that thing.

#134627 What Got You Started Nerfing?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 January 2008 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

I had my first nerf gun when I was very young. It was one of the supermaxx series but that is all I remember. I got into nerf modding when I ran out of working arrows for my BBB. I wanted to make it shoot tagger darts. I googled BBB tagger dart and came up with this great site.
Thanks

#133868 What Did You Get For Christmas?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2007 - 01:39 PM in Off Topic

Title says it all.

A Recon
A ring with a cross on it(totally unexpected, loved it)
An Airtech 2000 (brand new in box, everyone had neglected it for a couple years at target)
An ACTS retreat necklace
Dremel bits(way to many of them)
2 first gen Nite Finders of ebay with a first gen maverick
A rock that says you are the light of my life(awsome, awsome)
And my 2 front teeth

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Sorry if I make any mistakes my first post you know.
Longshot (modding it as we speak)
Leatherman, lockknife
Blackadder complete works :unsure:
Lots of Snowboarding clothes
other clothes
fishing stuff
NHL 08
Surefire compound bow (thinking up a mod for it)
Great haul anyway

#151838 What Cod4 Weapon Do You Use?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 April 2008 - 02:37 PM in Off Topic

To answer your question NFX, I just started, so Im lvl 10.

#151715 What Cod4 Weapon Do You Use?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 April 2008 - 07:25 PM in Off Topic

You got that keef. Im IPWNOOBZ (lame name I know)

#151710 What Cod4 Weapon Do You Use?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 April 2008 - 07:12 PM in Off Topic

I use the M16A4 aswell, with a desert paintjob and a red dot sight.
I forget what pistol I use, I have not unlocked the Desert eagle.
I use stopping power, I forget the 2nd, and RPG.

#182959 What Belongs In A Nerf Workshop?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 October 2008 - 08:56 AM in General Nerf

I used to use a hacksaw for everything. My cuts were messy and didn't hold very long. I personally would reccomend getting a good dremel and qualiy pipe cutters. I know flashflint says hold off on the dremel, but yor cuts will be so much cleaner, and the pipe cutters allow for very precise cuts, Very worth it in my opinion. Glue wise, get Goop, this is amazing stuff, also get some Zap A Gap or fishin glue, because they are great for angel breeches/cpvc for longshots. Epoxy works well, but I would reccomend epoxy putty, because that stuff dries on rock hard, and is awesome for integrations.

#180140 Weapon Choice For Assassins

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 September 2008 - 01:14 PM in General Nerf

Keep a maverick in your bag for dorm defense and extra firepower, get an sspb or an eliminator for sneak attacks and as a last-ditch defense. Even if you only actually use the sspb or eliminator once or twice, it will have done its job. In my last assassin game, I was so well known for always carrying my sspb with me (and being good with it) that if an opponent who caught me without it approached me, all i'd have to do was reach into my back pocket, and they'd back off for fear of being shot.

A well modified SSPB will outdistance any mav. I would go with the eliminator though. Decent range in a tiny package, expecially if you minimize it like keef did, you could hide that in your sleeve.

#187881 Wcno Numero 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 November 2008 - 06:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Well I think January 3rd should work, as two weeks before the 13 of December wont give us much time to get ready, and two weeks after is too close to New Years and I know many people will have plans for that day. So if everyones alright with January 3rd 09, then that can be the day!

EDIT: I would also think that in three weeks there wouldnt be much snow, taking away the fun factor of an outdoor winter war in Canada.

That date works for me. I wouldn't mind no snow to be honest... I snowboard but Im not a real winter person.

#187682 Wcno Numero 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 November 2008 - 06:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in. Sounds amazing. I was into nerf last year, but I had no gun good enough for this. Do you have any reccomendation for a winter gun?

#200191 Wcno Numero 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 January 2009 - 10:30 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry, it looks like im out too. My sister has a doctor's appointment, and she needs the car to get there. It's like 45 mins after I have to be here, and it's in scarborough, so yeah. Im sorry, I will do my best to be there next year.

#195983 Wcno Numero 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 December 2008 - 10:13 PM in Nerf Wars

A few things:
1. Rokor, your map doesn't work. I have no clue where this thing is, google maps is giving me nothing.
2. As for selling, I will mainly be looking to buy I think. Angel, you still down for our SM1.5K deal? I have a NIB PAS that I might sell, I don't love the things and I have 2.

One thing I would love to buy are some mini bungies, which I can't find anywhere around me. I will have my xbow up and running, though I doubt Im going to use it. I need the bungies for it.
I would also like a maxshot, which I know angel and dumpster can find around them for like 9.99. I would fully reinburse them if they could bring me one.

#196633 Wcno Numero 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 December 2008 - 09:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down to a maybe, my parents are giving me the option of this or massacre 2, and I would rather not freeze my ass off soooooooo..... yeah Im not out for sure, they still aren't too keen on driving to ajax.

#196159 Wcno Numero 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 December 2008 - 04:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks for fixing the link. That actually isn't too far from me. I shouldn't have any problems getting there. This is looking like we may have 10 people, which would make it a good sized war. Are springers any good in the cold at all? I don't have an air powered secondary.
FA_24: Could you maybe try to get some of the people that you got interested in nerf enough to come to massacre to come to this? The more the merrier I guess.

#196311 Wcno Numero 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 December 2008 - 08:04 AM in Nerf Wars

FA_24: Could you maybe try to get some of the people that you got interested in nerf enough to come to massacre to come to this?

You want to make their darts for them?

I have no idea who I can bring to this.

Oh yeah I forgot that you make stefans for all your invitees to wars. Your a nice guy. I make my friends make their own :o
Rokor: Im bringing my cousin. You can count him in.
I have quite a lot of hereticorp blanks. Good quality stuff. What I don't use for my stefans for the war, Ill sell to you cheap.

#187713 Wcno Numero 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 November 2008 - 08:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Something with a tight barrel material for anything should work fine. Maybe CPVC on an air gun? But dont use Hotglue and expect it to hold your gun together, last yeat the barrel fell straight off my AT3K halfway through a round.

Thanks. Ill stick to epoxy putty then. I think a CPVC coupler'd singled 2k would fit the bill....

#152462 Warthog Mod Writeup

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 April 2008 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

Great. I might be down for buying this when you get rid of your guns....

#158208 Vulcan Firing Video Found!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 June 2008 - 07:00 AM in General Nerf

WOW. I don't think any of those darts went over 10ft or so. I think it is a waste of money. I will not even be looking at one until I get some reason to believe that it is not complete shit.
EDIT: Very powerful and very cool? MY ASS

Ubermensch Posted Today, 03:07 AM
The lack of power in the gun is so extreme that, if someone farted, it might deflect all shots at them.

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole

#158224 Vulcan Firing Video Found!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 June 2008 - 09:43 AM in General Nerf

Between it being stock and pointed at the ground it's no wonder it looks pathetic.

Anyone remember how pitifully a stock Longshot performs?

I'm still hopeful with this blaster, we shouldn't have much trouble making it competitive. It's never going to be a long-range superweapon, but it might provide excellent suppression fire.

Actually, I was quite impressed with the stock range of the LS. This was before I was seriously into modding but still. I think that cmdrmak, you are right that it could make for good supressive fire, but I had this blaster or an unknown brand that got similar ranges to the vulcan stock. I did EVERYTHING I could possibly do short of making a whole new plunger assembly, and I got 30ft out of it. I think that is the limit to the vulcan's power.

EDIT: ON a happier note, when the first videos of the hasbro toy show came out, it showed a guy shooting this wrestling guy with it. I seem to recall he was about 10ft away, and the darts hit the wrestler with considerable force. I couldn't see the darts travelling in the air. Maybe the batteries were just low, or maybe they fixed the chains up with beefier ARs to limit it's power. That is easily fixed however, and it may yet prove to be a good turret for wars.

#158228 Vulcan Firing Video Found!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 June 2008 - 10:12 AM in General Nerf

Ice makes it sound like he is sooo good, when everyone had seen those pics a while before. I hate his vids, cuz they are nothing special, and he thinks he is as good as FA_24. The longshot cocking device is used for the single fire I guess. That is a good way to test the spring. My guess is it is the same spring as the LS, but im not sure.

#158235 Vulcan Firing Video Found!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 June 2008 - 11:12 AM in General Nerf

Im sorry I misspelt cuz. Im just saying that I don't really like ice's videos. I am not digital leg humping FA either. I am just saying that his videos are better than ice's.
I play COD, so I know how a machine gun works, you cock it, and pull the thing back to open the cover to insert more chain. In the vid, the lady doing the demo did this without using the handle.
Excuse me I have to go write a science exam. Wish me luck!

#203443 Vinyl Tubing Bonding

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 January 2009 - 10:07 PM in General Nerf

I find barbed fittings at Home depot. Im really sorry that you are having all these problems with the guns I traded you. They worked when I had them. I made sure of that before I put them in the mail.
You are looking for 1/4od barbed fittings, they look a bit like a dumbbell.
EDIT: 900th post....

#219598 Video Converting Sovtware

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2009 - 05:37 AM in Off Topic

I use prism video converter. I just keep downloading the 60 day free trial. I convert whole movies with it, and it works well. It does take a while to do, like 15 minutes a movie, but apart from that, no complaints.

#156627 Use Of Stock Guns

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 May 2008 - 03:20 PM in General Nerf

I use them only to fool around. All my friends that I war with use modded guns, mostly by me. If I used a stock gun, I would get murdered, plain and simple. I need to use my modded maxshot to stay competitive.

#159043 Urban Nerf Warfare

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 June 2008 - 11:42 AM in General Nerf

I would also like to know that

Just searching I found This on google I found it interesting.

In spite of coming from The Enquirer, that was an interesting, and very well written. My favorite rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisable to other players.

I think the girl in the thong is used as some sort of stun grenade. She runs across near the players, they stop to look at the near naked female, and while they are drooling over her, the other team shoots them. They would be anything but invisible, to me at least.

#157426 Universal Range Testing

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 May 2008 - 09:30 PM in General Nerf

This is exactly what the NIC needs. No more of that 150ft Nf bull. I think anyone who posts BS ranges should be refered to this, and see if this is what they did.
Thanks, and good job.

#194620 Unisex Pas Coupler System

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 December 2008 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

I have modified many guns using this, as us canadians have to switch our barrel material if we plan on nerfing outdoors in the winter. I usually cut the CPVC coupler in half, glue it in the PVC one so the back is flush, and glue that to whatever gun I am using. I have a 2k, a PAS, a NF, and a BBBB modified this way. In other words, nothing really new. GOod job anyways

#138817 Ultrox Quadra Cannon!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 February 2008 - 05:21 PM in Modifications

Intriguing, but dude, get some pictures.
Nice job tho :D
Thanks

#151510 Ttg Modification

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 April 2008 - 07:56 PM in Modifications

AGAIN!!! Man, I love your mods. Simple and effective. I love the way it shoots 2 sizes of dart.
I will definintely (Sp?) do this if I get a TTG.

#183057 Tsunami Scattergun

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 October 2008 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

Awesome. Much cleaner than my "Shotgun" which is a singled LS with a marvelous salvo slapped on it.....
I normally single the BBBBs that come through my hands, but that is really cool, would be great for indoor wars.

#150588 Trigger Fire Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 April 2008 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

Im not sure what gun you mean. I believe you mean the gun badger used to make his BOOMSTICK, right?
If so, I don't believe it will work. Try stuffing a piece of barrel down the hole for the AR like he did.

#174074 Tour Of The Workshop.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 September 2008 - 07:40 AM in General Nerf

Your workshop is an exact contrast to mine. Mine is small, cluttered, and unorganized. And I don't have 6 storage boxes full of stock guns. I wish I did.
I THOUGHT I saw a Rona symbol on your 3/0 fishing weights. How much are they there? I have only been able to find packages of 40 for 1$, which seems a bit pricy, at Canadian Tire.
Oh and in your stock buckets, do you have a spare ERTL pump action shotgun (the one that shoots balls stock)?
I really need one, and I cannot go to Basspro easily, due to having no car, and it taking 40 minutes to get ther from my house.
Awesome video, as usual.

#253966 Tightening Rings

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 October 2009 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

Contrary to popular belief, tightening rings DO work in PETG. You just need to make your pipe cutters really small (so that they are almost flattening the PETG) and turn the PETG in them VERY slowly. The petg will wobble around, and they won't be pretty, but they do the job.

#160619 Thin Walled Pvc

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 June 2008 - 09:37 AM in General Nerf

As a fellow canuck, I can say that finding decent barrel material around here is kinda hard. Im assuming it is plunger material you are looking for, but that is hard to find too. I have looked for it too, and have been unable to find any. This is in Toronto, mind you. Id go to a speciality plumbing store if I were you.

#228752 The Xbow And Lnl Debate

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 May 2009 - 06:20 AM in General Nerf

Ive never handled a LnL, but I have had 2 crossbows, and most of the blasters that are considered to be good alternatives (Pas, +bow, BBB, SM1.5K and the like). I use my crossbow because..... Well, I guess the reliability.I have had my PAS break on me about 3 times. Easy fixes, but sometimes, it just stopped cocking in the middle of a round. Not fun. My xbow has NEVER stopped shooting it's reliable 90ft with excellent consistency and accuracy. It's dual coupler (CPVC/PVC) allows for easy changes in barrel material, therefore I can experiment with many different kinds of foam. It's comfy and easy to aim, and it's unique shell allows for many different kinds of clean integrations. +bows are great, if not better. The only reason I don't use one is that I always cut myself on sharp polycarbonate, it hurt my hand to prime, and the maker made the mistake of putting in a too big of a rubber washer, and I don't have acess to McMaster. Anyone who has played a fast pace war with a pump gun knows how their elbow feels afer the war. None of that with the xbow. The BBB is often criticized for having a wierd cocking system, which I agree with.
The xbow is simple, which makes it the most reliable primary I have used. Properly reinforced, it can go through a whole lot of punishment before anything breaks.

#180434 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 September 2008 - 04:04 PM in Modifications

I have a general question about the vulcan. How long can you fire the gun on automatic before the batteries run out?

This could have been found out by searching. While this is not the worst necro I have ever seen, it is not adivsed to post in a topic that is more than 3 weeks old, to avoid the wrath of the admins. Just giving you the heads up.