mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 02-September 94)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#184819 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 October 2008 - 09:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow. Only a few days to go. I am totally psyched. I have a question. Can anyone coming bring me a can of silicone lube? The spray stuff? I will need to dissasemble my +bow before the war to lube it, as it doesn't fire as of now, and all the hardware stores around me don't carry the stuff. I asked badger, but he is really busy and can guarantee nothing. If you can, Pm me.
Also, be prepared for some cold. It actually snowed today in west end Toronto. I wouldn't worry about airtanks, I was shooting my pump plugged 2k at 6 pumps no problem. Dart shrinkage wasn't a problem either.
Just dress warmly.

EDIT: I will obviously reimburse said person for said can of lube. I am sorry for not making that clear.

#184320 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 October 2008 - 04:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Angel: You might want to take my friend off the list. He has had some family issues, and is pretty sure he can't come. I will update you, but as of now, he is out.

#185682 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 October 2008 - 04:50 PM in Nerf Wars

mystefan:
Yeah he missed me at 20ft a nf.

Plus taking the frankenmod and prettifying it.

AND I LEFT BEFORE THE UNVEILING!!!

Ah, so did I. My mom didn't really want me going, so I knew I grateful to be there, and I didn't make her wait for that. That was embarrasing, that shot with an NF. I missed one of FA_24's friend's head by a couple inches at 15ft with the same NF.
Yes, the frankenmod will serve you well. Hopefully you can prettify it. I am amazed at how far the SM750 shoots stock, about 30ft.
Another lowlight that I thought of was Tank Rat shooting me WHILE FA_24 was yelling "game on" He hadn't finished saying it, I hadn't started running, and smack! Maxshot shot to the elbow.

#185830 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2008 - 01:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks Bob. It might help to state that the only reason blink's 5k was allowed was that it was INSANELY leaky, so leaky that he had to practically shoot as soon as he had finished pumping. When he let me hold it, I loaded a dart, pumped 4 times and shot. The dart left the barrel. Then, I tried to repeat the process, and the gun would not hold any pressure. Blink proceeded to take the gun apart, and I left to go look for some darts/shoot around some more. When I came back, he was walking away, towards the parking lot and that is the last I saw of him.

Blink: As sorry as I am for your loss, I do not appreciate you publicly insulting me, calling me immature and saying that I should not be allowed back. Yes, Im new, I have never handled a 5k before. As Bob seems to have stated, your already serious leak probably just worstened over time:

QUOTE(Another thought (and another reason why I don't care for plugging), is that overpumping will not always result in immediate failure. Chambers may crack and weaken, and only break some time later - even under just "normal" use. If modded Nerf blasters were aircraft, they would all have to be rated "experimental" - like the shuttle.)/QUOTE

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. It was my misfortune to be holding the gun at the time. I am sure you won't agree with me on this, it being your primary for so long.This is the only appology you will get, after your public flaming of me. I am sorry, but it wasn't my fault your gun decided to fail at that particualr moment.

#185887 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2008 - 05:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Easy there pumpkin - I was not my intent to come off as a jerk...I'm just pissed. The gun was leakey from the rear firing pin. The spray of lube fixed the rear o-ring and it was all sealed up again. The problem with the gun after further inspection was the front pin that pulls the valve back. It was not the action of pumping that blew the gun but the trigger pulled the pin and the top portion snapped. Ask me how...I have no idea.

And You never said a thing to me afterwards. I was there for about 20min after my gun broke...

Thats fine. You didn't seem like a jerk at the war. You had had the gun for years, possible that it was just weak from all the use. All I told you was how many times I pumped the gun. I went off and looked for darts, and to do another round after that. Im happy there are no real hard feelings. I understand you are pissed, and I would be too. Team_Slaya was selling a SM5K tank. He had 2 but said one was broken, the front sealing piece was gone. Perhaps you could buy that and replace your broken part. He did have a working one too.
Hope this helps.

#182544 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 October 2008 - 06:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey all. My buddy who I am bringing had a few questions. He wanted to know about paintball masks:
Is there a taboo against those, like cardboard armor? He also wanted to know about plugging the pump on his BBBB, that despite 90ft ranes, he is still displeased with. I told him it wouldn't be okay, but he wanted me to check here.
MAn, we are going to be capital F FUCKED after that day, we are climbing the CN tower at 5:30 that morning, for our Venturers group as a fitness check.

#185824 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2008 - 11:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Angel said a few things that I forgot. Yeah the darts colliding was insane. That was my dart that hit his, I almost pissed myself laughing.
The washrooms being locked sucked. I think Antonio just took a piss off at the side at one point.
Tank Rat: THanks for the coffees, Im not sure how you walked all those things back from tim's.

Blink: I am REALLY sorry about your 5k. I SWEAR I only pumped the thing 4 times. We could have probably worked something out where I reimbursed you in some way, but you left before we could talk about that, the last time I saw you was when you were beginning to take the thing apart, I didn't know the thing was completely beyond repair until today.

Im pissed that I didn't see any of the secret mods.
Damn.

#180645 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 September 2008 - 02:00 PM in Nerf Wars

MSDFS: No point blank Doomsayer shots? I will have you know that I shot a kid in the teeth with Doomsayer at about 30 feet at APOC this year. There will be no Mercy from me to the new or experienced. + bows are perfectly legal. I went up against 2 of them at APOC. Bring as many of them as you like. RF20? I hope your friend likes to run a lot. I also hope he likes to get shot a lot.

Rambo: Good man, now we have some extra seats to sit some more Americans that actually have the guts to come up here.

Killiakit:

Do not post in this thread unless you plan on coming.

It took a bit of convincing to get him to come. He finds the thought of grown men shooting nerf guns at each other kind of amusing. He will have a baptism in the fires of hell by the sounds of it. He will not be using his RF20, I told him this is not that kind of war. I believe the guy you shot in the teeth was Keef.
Great, can't wait.

#178025 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 September 2008 - 09:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I am counting down the days, believe me. Im going to start saving my dough to buy some of your modified guns that you mentionned, because I know they are reliable. I will definitely take some of that FBR. I need to silence my LS. It's damn loud. I can't wait to see your unveiling of the top secret guns. Should be awesome.

#180499 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 September 2008 - 06:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks, Angel. My Friend is totally psyched. I gave and modded him a RF20 for his bday in april, and I have rarely seen him without it since. He has never been to a nerf war before (neither have I for that matter) and has NO clue what to expect. Please introduce him to this gently (no point blank doomsayer shots)
How about the legality of +bows? I plan on using one, but I know that some consider them too powerful. What is your take? Are they legit?.
Thanks
MSDFS

#236475 Raider Preview

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2009 - 04:20 PM in General Nerf

Well at the very least, it's stock performance appears to be a little better than that of the recon. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to the raider's release.

Also, I think we owe props to Ice for taking such an impact to his wallet to give everyone an early look.

I would say WAY better than a recon. I don't know if I got a dud but mine shot about 15ft max out of the box.

Nerfer13: I think that is the best we can hope for at this point. Some people have got recons to hit 50ft flat. If this thing can hit 65, Im buying it for more than just the mag.

I am really intrigued to see how the mag works. I thought it was a wind up or something, like you had to crank that black knob in the middle until a spring caught to push the darts forwards. Guess not. I love how there appear to be no jamming issues.

The nerd-gasm was a little much though...... Im off to meditate.

#237142 Raider Preview

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 June 2009 - 01:38 PM in General Nerf

Ok, if I'm reading all this correctly, you've removed the AR's and added a spring addition in the stock, and you're hitting 55 feet consistently. I'm assuming that's with the same 3" single bb stefans, right? That's a beastly range for something with such a high ROF and ammo capacity. This might just be the Doomsayer of indoor/close-quarters combat. At 55 feet, it easily matches the range of anything else in my indoor arsenal. I might just have a new indoor primary in a few months...

Did you reinforce the cocking bar? I didn't see mention of whether you did or not, only that you might...

I did reinforce it slightly with putty. And no, that range is with streamlines.

Yeah, if this thing can hit 55ft with stock ammo and a spring addition and AR removal, it could probably take an angel breech. I wouldn't try it until they are available in stores in case you screw up, but I think it would make it work well with at least the regular clips and stefans.

#236919 Raider Preview

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 June 2009 - 01:01 PM in General Nerf

Look this isn't much of a range gun its more of an indoor/"fun gun" this gun has just about the moding potential of a Recon.
However it does have the 35 shot MAGAZINE witch might be helpful in a Longshot.

Not quite true, with just the AR's removed you get a top of 68' from it according to Ice's video. Though you can't really use most stefans you could use converted streamlines or longer stefans and get better/consistent ranges around 50-60 (fired flat) I am guessing.
Here is the link to firing test:

Again, this is only with the Ars removed. There are still things he can do to it, like etape to compress the spring more, power stock, seal improvement, new breech/brass in the breach, lube, straw mod to kill some dead space.

I can see the thing hitting 70ft with stefans once all those mods are done, and someone finds a way to make the drum mag stefan compatible.
With this thing's ROF and outrageous capacity, 70ft is all you need if you have a decent pair of legs.

#236748 Raider Preview

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 June 2009 - 12:30 PM in General Nerf

Well, now comes the big question: Breech.
Ice, I would not advise an angel breech for the same reason that it is useless on a recon: These things already have enormous amounts of deadspace. An angel breech fixes the seal issue, but adds deadspace.
I would advise doing this:
Posted Image

This is on my recon. That is a piece of 17/32 brass nested in there. I didn't have enough brass to do the whole bolt, but I would highly advise it, if your stefans fit brass of that size. 9/16 won't work.
You need to cut the bolt like so:
Posted Image
Then, you sand out both ends until the brass fits in, and epoxy it all together. It added a good 15ft to my LS when I did it, as well as accuracy.
ANyway, it might be a good alternative to angel breeching the thing. This idea was started by ofallthenerf by the way, I take no credit for the intital idea.

#134827 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 January 2008 - 01:15 PM in Off Topic

My name says it all. Im possibly the worst stefan maker in the world.

#227199 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 April 2009 - 05:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I found a little extra cash, and I would like to purchase a STOCK RFSG (Doomsayer) and about 10 pushnut fasteners. I think 30-35$ should cover this, please PM me as to not clog this thread up.
I cannot wait. This is going to be Effeminate.

#225673 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 April 2009 - 04:00 AM in Nerf Wars

I will be bringing a minimized 1st gen NF for sale. I have 2, and only like/use one, so the other is for sale at this war. It has an extra spring, and no barrel, but it got 70ft with a CPVC coupler when I had one on.
Like at previous wars, I will probably end up bringing every gun I own (I don't remember all of them right now) and if anyone likes what they see, they can make an offer (xbow, Manta Ray, belt blaster, and AT2Ks are exempt from this).

Things I am looking to buy.
Angel: I would like to buy 15ft of your foam, as a kind of sample. I am still looking for a primary foam, and I am stuck between yours, Mile High, and SwiftNerf's white foam. Im getting samples of all, and deciding based on stefans I make.

ANY AMERICANS COMING UP: I am looking for THINWALL 1/2 inch CPVC. Slightly sanded out at 1 end, they fit FA_24's foam like a DREAM. PM me and we will fix up a price. I was thinking 45 cents a foot, but that is negotiable. I can do trades.

#224969 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 April 2009 - 03:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Oh damn, not another one! I really should leave my xbow at home this time. Not good for this type of war.
FA: I emailed my dad and asked him to send you a payment on my behalf. Whether he did it remains a mystery, but I will PM you his name so that you will know the payment when/if you see it. Ill talk to Maddmatt about his payment. I may have to borrow a gun this time round, I honestly have NOTHING that has decent ROF and range. Only the extremes of either.

#224113 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 April 2009 - 05:14 AM in Nerf Wars

I find it absolutely hillarious my cousin contacts you about attending and doesn't say a word to me about it..... Im his ride. I have a legitimate question: There are 40 people now. Are you going to cut it at that? Is it going to be first pay first serve? Im just curious, I should probably pay up soon.

#233755 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 June 2009 - 11:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Im on a boat?

In all seriousness though:

Nectar- Opeth
Holy Mountains- System of a Down.
The firs part of Fosaken by As I lay Dying. It's pretty cool intro music, no vocals. Right up to the part when he starts screaming. It's a good 45 seconds long, I believe.

#223388 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 April 2009 - 02:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Im friggin psyched for this war. I mean, Im like on nerf withdrawal right now...
I love in the vid how two of the skill kills are on me. The sliding one where crooked nails me in the nipple with the PAS at 3ft away, and Fester's amazing 200ft headshot on me (accuracy).

#229816 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 May 2009 - 02:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, reading all these comments has brought up a few extra of my own:
+ Glint's awesome center flag push run. He ran about 90ft, hosed down someone with a MS, and got the flag kill. It was Effeminate.
+ K-10 screaming "I 1up you!" at K9.
+ Krolik: "I DONT CARE IF HE'S YOUR FUCKING COUSIN!! SHOOT HIM!!!!!"(After he had shot her)
+ Getting thinwall CPVC.
+ Crooked jumping over fester and Mr. Green getting it on camera.
+ Shooting slushie.
+ The eyes of fire.
+ Shooting my xbow and 2k at money train, him dodging both, and nailing me in the right leg with BOTH pistol splats. That guy is impossible to hit.
+ Fully calling that that guy's PAS would break. He told me there was a +bow spring in it and I said " I hope you reinforced it, that trigger is gonna break" He said "Ha no it won't". Guess what, 5 minutes later, the trigger nub snapped.
+ Playing most of the day with a big blast. That thing is awesome. Much higher velocity= easier to hit moving targets.
+ Getting 2 kills with an arrowstorm.
+ FA_24: "When you are right next to someone, try to tap them with your barrel instead of shooting them, to avoid causing unessecary pain. This applies to everyone except Dumpster, feel free to shoot him point blank"
One con:
I forgot my EaB at the war, and now dumpster has it.

EDIT: PICS!!!!
Posted Image
Getting ready. From left to right: Dude13(?) Applefury, Dumpster, Dirstache
Posted Image
Dumpster with the Boltok. He reminded me of a communist with the headband all day.
Posted Image
SGM and domsayer
Posted Image
FY125 or something like that.
Posted Image
Rokor
Posted Image
SGM loves to win. Segulli taking pics

#229053 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 May 2009 - 05:33 PM in Nerf Wars

IM litterally shaking with excitement. I finished integrating a 2k into my crossbow, so rushers beware, Im not gonna be as easy prey as last time round.
FA_24: That is great about Fester's mom and the pasta. Im definitely down for that, much better than taquitos.
Madmatt and I might be there a tad early, my dad has to go do some other things.

EDIT: RECAP!!!!!!!
+ Seeing everyone again that I already knew (you know who you are)
+ Meeting all the new people, such as SGM, CNP, BoneRiot, K-10, 1337
+ Having my xbow work reasonably well.
+ Not having any guns break ( I thought I did, but it was a 2 second fix.)
+ My cousing (madmatt) having an awesome time, and getting some major welts to show to his girlfriend
+ Getting a sm500
+ Vanilla coke
+ Italian food
+ The pentagon of pain. FA_24 shot me point blank in the crotch with a lightnin blitz during an Effeminate slide kill.
+ Not taking any REALLY painful shots.
+ Not getting picked last for teams at all. That happened a lot in previous wars.
+ Hitting Crooked at least 8 times all day.
+ The Pulsator and the sexual innuendos
+ Chocolate donut

There are a few cons I believe I should mention.
- The goober (Slurpie straw BBBB guy). This kid wanted NOTHING but to use everyone else's guns. He followed me on 2 rushes, asking to try my xbow. He also shot me point blank in the back of the leg with a big blast when I was on his own team. He was annoying as hell.
- I adress this to CNP: Im really sorry for the first round when I shot you in the face. I really felt bad afterwards and I felt I should apologize.

#228748 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 May 2009 - 03:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Can't wait. I do have a question though: Last war I used a VERY sanded out CPVC speedloader with darts that I found on the ground and my darts. I use mile high foam, and it does not constrict them at all. It is very slightly tighter than OMC petg. I was wondering if I could use this, as I get the best ranges out of my crossbow with it. If not, I do have 9/16 brass one that I can bring, so no big deal.

#219051 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 March 2009 - 03:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Damn. Im out again. Im absolutely disgusted that I only made it to one of these awesome Effeminate wars. Hopefully Ill have my driver's lisence next year, and not have to rely on my nerf hating dad. Again have fun, shoot some Americans and have fun listening to them saying chocolate donut.
Americans coming to this war: TRY POUTINE. Its not as bad as it sounds, I personally quite like it.

#219927 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 March 2009 - 02:52 PM in Nerf Wars

EDIT: Wait a minute, I already explained all that to you. Could an admin please delete this post, it's a waste of bandwidth.

#220161 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 March 2009 - 02:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I spoke with Fester today.
He is going to contact the school and see if we can arrange the event for May 9th.
Would everyone be content with that date?

Im a strong possibility for the 9th. I would need to pay the full 25$, I won't have time to make stefans when I get back. Ill talk to my cousin. He may want to come too.
One thing: due to the nature of my circumstances (getting back to the country 3 days before) would it be possible for me to pay at the door? Even if I get my parent's consent/ride, I still may be just too jetlagged/sick/burried in culminating activities to come.

#220870 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 March 2009 - 12:33 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone coming to the war has a spare arrowstorm/BNA spring lying around, Ill gladly buy it. I cannibalized my Asorm spring for my crossbow, and I want to use the astorm for rushing.

EDIT, 1337: I was talking to dumpy via facebook about travel from Canada to the US, and you need written consent from both parents of the minor. Im guessing it is the same the other way around, but I may be wrong.

#221219 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 April 2009 - 02:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I talked to my dad, Im now a definite. FA_24, pmed.

#148631 Primary Guns

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 April 2008 - 04:31 PM in General Nerf

BBB. Ars removed. 3k integrated.

#197736 Winter Ohio War

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 December 2008 - 01:27 PM in Nerf Wars

You guys look like you had an awesome time.
Thaygor: WTF is that huge bungie you have on your xbow? How hard is it to pull back? Where did you get it? I should get one, my xbow doesn't have a spring replacement, and with surgical rubber it is only getting 75ft.

Nice location, HbH2 had a small playground. I was running through it and heard a loud PING 2 inches away... That would have been one hell of a headshot.

#140214 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 February 2008 - 03:43 PM in General Nerf

My first gun was a sm750. Loved the thing. My friend sat on it and broke it. I then shot him with my eab.
I dont have them anymore, but I wish I did because I would have integrated the sm into something.

#211753 Massacre 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 February 2009 - 01:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Im writing this from southern france, so obviously Im out. Have a good one boys, I expect pics galore...
If you have a war in may, Im in for sure.

#218256 Massacre 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 March 2009 - 02:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I was seriously depressed all day saturday. I mean, my exchange partner's family thought I was sick. Im so mad I missed out on it, though this france thing has been a great experience. That little guy looks awesome! I mean if you stood the PAS on it's stock with the barrel on, it would be up to his chin. Pearson's new Pas looks awesome. Everyone looks like they had a good time.

SGM: Unfortunately, Im not back until may. If there is a massacre 5 or some kind of outdoor war in may that you are coming up to, I will be there barring crutches/wheelchair. Oh shit that just gave me an idea.....

K9: Puppy cannon? Upgraded from bunnies now?

#217844 Massacre 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 March 2009 - 02:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, have fun tomorrow guys. I hope that it is as good as the last one.
Slowguitarman: It's a shame I couldn't meet you this time, I hope to the next time you come up (which I hope happens). I really want to get shot by the domsayer.
And to attest to Mr. Green's amazing photography skills:
Posted Image

My cousin.

#221518 Massacre 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 April 2009 - 03:50 AM in Nerf Wars

Im speechless. 1/2 hour of the war on tape, even after editing. That double kill was really nice, SGM.
I can't wait for may 9th, counting down the days.

#136518 Lancer

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2008 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

You are truly an ispiration. I don't mean to suck up but you have been the motivation behind most of my mods. Great work once again.
Im almost done my version of your doomsayer :D Petg arrived 2 days ago, just finished the turret.

#223962 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 April 2009 - 02:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Just to give you guys a heads up, I talked to deaddumpster, and he is looking for a location in CAMBRIDGE, Ontario. It is at most 30 minutes from the outskirts of the GTA (greater Toronto area), where most Ontario nerfers live. I don't know if I can make it yet, but I will do everything in my capability to be there.

#227270 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 April 2009 - 04:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Thank you very much for chosing wildwood. That is a nice park, not to mention 15 minutes max from my house. If Im in town, I will be there. Lots of tree cover, playground, covered staging area, restaurants within 5 minutes drive. It was pretty much deserted at HbH2.

#208021 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 09:44 PM in Nerf Wars

YEes! Finally a god damn Vancouver war! Too bad I don't have stefans.

OOOOOOHHHH the irony...
:P
Honk if you know what I mean... *chuckles*

Hahaha. Thats funny.
I will put the 27th on my calendar. I should be there.