mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#254595 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 October 2009 - 01:31 PM in Homemades

Well, for a Canadian nerfer, I have some pretty perculiar views on blaster restrictions, which is why I haven't hosted a war yet. I agree with Ryan that the hopper clip shooting 130ft as fast as you can prime a +bow isn't fair at all. It is no different from a doomsayer in my eyes. Yes, the ROF would be slightly slower, but it shoots farther (I believe doomsayer hits about 105ft flat, please correct me, FA if I am wrong).
I don't think doomsayers are that bad, because the average nerfer (myself included) cannot make one that is ban worthy. I have seen at least 4 or 5 "doomsayers" that don't rotate properly, that have ranges varying from zero to 90ft, and are a real pain in the ass to use. I have yet to see anyone make a fully functional one that comes anywhere close to the one FA made, in terms of range, ROF or anything like that. When the mag7 was justifying their decision, they were referencing APOC 08 with FA and Cardiac kid wielding doomsayers and raping everyone else. FA made both of them. Mag7 did not cite examples of other nerfers making them and having them work as well. A hopper clip +bow on the other hand, would be much easier to get your hands on, as +bows are readily available (for a price) and the hopper clip looks very simple in construction.

Here are some rules that I have been thinking of for my first hosting experience. Keep in mind that they are lenient, because we don't tend to ban anything that isn't legit dangerous up here.

1. No auto rotating, 4+ barrel, 100ft springers, with the exception of RFDGs. ( I really don't expect to see one that owns as much as the original, if I do, it will be adressed)

2. No air guns that shoot over 130ft flat. These can just be downright dangerous. I will allow UNPLUGGED BBBBs if they get that range, but no homemade air guns etc.

3. Air guns must be operated by manual pump (No compressors or or Co2, no HPA etc.) Air guns shooting over 100ft must take at least 2 pumps to achieve those ranges with whatever pump being used to be allowed.

#254396 Happy B-day To Groove!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 October 2009 - 07:23 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday Groove!! May your Guru serve you well in battle, and may you come up to Canada some day to Nerf with us!

#253966 Tightening Rings

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 October 2009 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

Contrary to popular belief, tightening rings DO work in PETG. You just need to make your pipe cutters really small (so that they are almost flattening the PETG) and turn the PETG in them VERY slowly. The petg will wobble around, and they won't be pretty, but they do the job.

#253727 Red Strike Series?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 October 2009 - 08:39 AM in General Nerf

Morning all!

Whislt having a quick skim of the HQ, I discovered this thread:

http://www.nerfhq.co...203.0;topicseen

Nothing special, apart from the BRIGHT RED FUCKING VULCAN!!

For those who don't want to read the thread

PIC

Anyone else seen these? Or any others?

Red recon too.

I always thought the recon was a hoax

The red recon is not a hoax. They have only been seen in Canada so far. There is a picture on FU if you still don't believe it. They are at all wal-marts and TRUs around me. At least near me, they are 5$ more than regular recons, so that is probably why no one buys them.

#253566 Double-capacity Standard Size Ls Mag

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 October 2009 - 08:53 PM in Modifications

Wow man, like you needed a reason to diddle more ass with that thing.....

His LS puts everyone's I have gone up against to shame. THis thing, if he gets it to work, will be the bane of every Canadian Nerfer's existence. Well, maybe not AppleFury's....

Speaking of Apple's LS, how's the face? I seriously didn't mean to hit you in the face with that shot....

I am pissed that I just spent about 3 hours and 3 bottles of nail polish remover making my Angel Breech accept darts the length of streamlines..... I have 35 shots now.... YAY!!!!

RFR springs might work. I tore apart my mag, and the spring was really weak, it may work for this.
Do you have any problems with the polycarb coming off? I have had the strips I made out of that piece of polycarb that you sold me snap off about 3 times, just from the darts pushing on it.

Great job, hope it works out in the end.

#251595 Q For Citadel Paint Users.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 September 2009 - 11:41 AM in General Nerf

Thanks for the great responses guys. I will try to go get some purity seal.
Thanks!

#251526 Q For Citadel Paint Users.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 September 2009 - 04:48 PM in General Nerf

Hey guys. I painted my crossbow with krylon fusion, and Citadel (games workshop) paints over that. Everything was going fine until I tried to put on the clear-coat.
I was using this stuff to do the clear coat. I was getting that awful crackling effect, which really pissed me off, because now I have to re-do the entire handle of my crossbow.

Any advice on what clear coat to use would be most welcome.

#251413 Ottawa War

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 September 2009 - 04:02 PM in Nerf Wars

I have a whole pile of family in Carleton Place, that I intend on going to visit some time before November. We shall see about a war though. I kinda doubt I would have a day to spare.

#251132 Hell Before Halloween #3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 September 2009 - 06:44 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm in.

#250199 Raider Cs-35: Overview / Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 September 2009 - 11:23 AM in Modifications

I was thinking of trying that. What I might end up doing is sawing the tube open then supergluing the thing together. Might try the heated thing first though. Also got to brass up the barrel of the thing too. What springs are recommended for it and where is the best place to buy them?

A spring from a RFDG works well. You can buy RFDGs at Cabela's or BassPro shops.

#249922 Longshot/raider

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 September 2009 - 07:22 AM in Modifications

That's, well.... Interesting. I like the concept, but I believe it would be cleaner/lighter to slap that drum mag on your LS/recon and call it a day.
I can see it being practical, but I find that the drum mag off to the side really throws off the balance: It pointing down, like on a recon, would maybe help balance it a bit.
Is it really front heavy? Props for the idea though.

#249489 Question: Angel Breech

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 September 2009 - 01:53 PM in General Nerf

I agree with everyone here on one fact: Angel breeches actually add deadspace, so it is not a good idea on a recon, which already has a ton of deadspace. However, doing this:
Posted Image
Is practical. That is apiece of 17/32 brass in the bolt. This did not increase ranges significantly with modified streamlines (I know in Ice's thread, I said it really increased ranges, but after further testing, it didn't do that much) This increased accuracy though. I did it on my raider, and with no other mods (I didn't even punch out the ARs), it hits a 10 inch target from 20ft 30 times out of 35, with hot glue dome streamlines.

I hope this helped.

#248981 Scano 3

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 August 2009 - 07:44 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe too.

#248945 Improving The Streamline

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 August 2009 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

Nice idea, Glint, but you could just make 2.5 inch stefans to use with it instead...
That is what I did. I don't need to go out and buy more streamlines now, or spend time making CTDs. I weighted these stefans with a single BB.
They outshoot some darts I made with your writeup here.
This is not meant to say "Hahaha, you suck, stupid". I just wanted to let you know that it is easier, cheaper, and gets you more range if you just make longer stefans.

What ranges are you getting out of your raider BTW? I heard the RFDG spring adds a good amount of range. I don't have one yet, but it will be going in my raider the second I get it.

#248509 Why Brass And Not Copper?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 August 2009 - 08:37 AM in General Nerf

Thanks guys! I heard that copper was cheaper than brass but oh well.

I'll get my dad to read some of these replies so he will have a better understanding of it.

One other main reason that I am posting this is because I wanted to make a breach but I dont know if I have the skills or tools to make it :P.

Cool thank you for all the help!

You are right, copper is cheaper than brass. At least near me. I can get a 3 foot section of 1/2 inch copper for 6$, while brass is 4$ a foot.

I personally use copper, because I have HUGE FBR. If you really want to use copper, get Swiftnerf's 19/32 fitting FBR.

1/2 inch copper has almost an identical ID to 19/32. To the point that I often replace 19/32 with copper for a cheaper and easier to get alternative.

It should not be completely written off as crap. I did an angel breech for my friend with some scrap copper as the piece of 19/32, and it has held up well, and I didn't have to pay 4$ a foot for it.

#248211 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 August 2009 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Name: Not so stumpy anymore!
Mods Done: Level 4, fully reinforced with putty, metal, wood, you name it. Universal coupler, stock PT with washer behind plunger head. Usually use a 9/16 barrel but I don't need to have it coupler'd because it vaccum loads quite well.
Integrations: . 2k as we speak
Comments: I got a new shell for my old crossbow, Stumpy. I re-did the internals, scrapping the replacement PT, new spring, reinforcements, and now soon to be a 2k. I have been having endless problems with it. The coupler never stays on, even with JB weld and epoxy putty together. It has come off a good 4 times now. Ranges also suck. Maybe 75ft with two bungies. I have tried a variety of barrels, nothing helps. I'm gonna throw in a replacement plunger tube and see if that helps

#248209 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 August 2009 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

Hey everyone. I was suspended for two months, but I was by no means inactive during that time. Here is what I was working on, minus my rear loading 1500, a mega missle, and some other small stuff:

Posted Image
Rear loading, spring replaced. Went to Merzlin.
Posted Image
Single'd, PETG'd LS with AT2k. Painted with games workshop paints. LS gets 85-90ft flat, 2k gets maybe 10ft less.
Posted Image
Angel breeched. This is an outdated photo, this one is now pump action. Used it at SCANO2. Gets anywhere from 85-95ft. I have hit 120ft with it on one occasion, I have not been able to do it again.

Posted Image

Shitpas. CPVC coupler. Plunger draw extended. Pullback. Xbow spring addition. Meh. I don't really use it, but it hits around 100ft.

#238287 My Mod

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 June 2009 - 10:09 PM in General Nerf

First off, this belongs in Modifications, not General Nerf.
Generally, modifications use pictures, and people do not take too kindly to having a modification posted with bad spelling and grammar, no pictures and at best murky instructions. If I were you, I would read the code of conduct.
I am just trying to help you, because the admins will likely ban you quickly if you continue this way, and you seem to know something about what you are doing, therefore you getting banned would be a shame.

#237653 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 June 2009 - 04:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Despite the rain, I had the most fun at this war as any other.
Highlights:
- Seeing everyone again and getting to nerf.
-Buying a fully functionning splitfire for 15$ from joey, who really didn't care.
- Joey showing up, essentially giving all his guns away, leaving big bad sexy on the climbing frame for DQ and Applefury to fight over.
- Tank rat showing up again.
- Having lots of people there, I think we had 10.
- Obtaining many new guns.
- Pistol rounds. FA_24 and I were using pistol splats, which needless to say, owned. (No, we don't ban anything up here)
- RSCB big blast worked nicely. 20+hits all day with that
- Guns shooting farther in the rain. I think it is because with FA_24's beige foam, the water lubes the barrel.
- Getting 4 hits in one round with the K9 special. It has been powered down, but damn does it still own.
- Shooting dude13 THROUGH a hedge with my big blast.
- K9 jumping through a hedge and getting soaked.
- Applefury showing up halfway through the day, basically just to show off his angel breeched yellow LS
- FA_24 giving me a mega missle because he thought that I had hauled a large tupperware crate on the subway. He later found out that he was mistaken, that it was actually K9 in his car who brought it, but he let me keep the MM. Thanks a lot man!
- Angel talking about fat people in burger king. Holy crap that was funy
- FA finding a crackpipe on the grass. That was sketchy.
- Dumpster "Oh, good, nothing will get stolen this time, as crooked is in Montreal." Apple then smacks him.
- Dumpster's grandfather showing up with a chocolate donut, and us laughing at SGM's accent for a while.

Cons:
- Xbow getting all of 65ft with bungies. I have NO clue why.
- it poured most of the day. It didn't really bother me that much, but I have to take apart EVERY gun I own, just to dry them out.
- Losing 20$. If anyone found money on the ground, it is mine.

More to come later.

#237592 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 June 2009 - 06:18 AM in Nerf Wars

It's raining lightly right now. It really isn't that bad, there seems to be a little blue poking through. I may be there a tad early. I have no clue how long the cross-town subway ride takes.

#237462 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 June 2009 - 05:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Ill take the LS and 1 clip, Joey.
I Got my wallet viciously diddled by Home Depot the other day, I can't afford to put anyting on the SF, unless you take trades.

EDIT: also interested in any pumps you may have.

#237423 Angel Breech Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 June 2009 - 02:30 PM in Modifications

Follow hereticorp's assault rifle write up to the dot, except don't put tightening rings in the 9/16ths brass that has the half pipe cut out of it. Zap a gap a piece of 17/32 there instead, you will be good to go.

#237414 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 June 2009 - 01:45 PM in Nerf Wars

The weather network is only forecasting 15mm of rain now, instead of 30. Im there no matter what. See you people there.
Im gonna bring a big umbrella and hopefully a tarp that we can stash our guns under if it gets really nasty.

#237291 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 June 2009 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

IT's supposed to rain cats and dogs on saturday. I have not seen any sign of thunder, but according to the news, it is a major storm system moving through. My parents have said that Im not going if the weather is really bad, for reasons they would not explain.
Ill see, but I think it would be best to count me as a maybe. If everyone else shows, I may show up to do the trade deals I have discussed with a select few people, but not really stay for long.

#237142 Raider Preview

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 June 2009 - 01:38 PM in General Nerf

Ok, if I'm reading all this correctly, you've removed the AR's and added a spring addition in the stock, and you're hitting 55 feet consistently. I'm assuming that's with the same 3" single bb stefans, right? That's a beastly range for something with such a high ROF and ammo capacity. This might just be the Doomsayer of indoor/close-quarters combat. At 55 feet, it easily matches the range of anything else in my indoor arsenal. I might just have a new indoor primary in a few months...

Did you reinforce the cocking bar? I didn't see mention of whether you did or not, only that you might...

I did reinforce it slightly with putty. And no, that range is with streamlines.

Yeah, if this thing can hit 55ft with stock ammo and a spring addition and AR removal, it could probably take an angel breech. I wouldn't try it until they are available in stores in case you screw up, but I think it would make it work well with at least the regular clips and stefans.

#237075 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 June 2009 - 06:42 AM in Nerf Wars

Only a few days now....
For anyone who claims they can't find brass anywhere, I know of an excellent hobby stop that is a 3 minute walk away from woodbine station, 1 station west from Victoria Park. Im going there after the war, I can show people where it is if they want. They have a full rack full of brass. It's beautiful.

If anyone has a titan pump assembly they could sell, that would be awesome.

#237071 A Very Important Season Of Foam Update

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 June 2009 - 06:06 AM in General Nerf

I will do my best to still host a war the weekend before the date you guys were supposed to be in Toronto.
You guys will be there in spirit, if not in person.
Im really sorry you can't come, I was really looking forwards to meeting you guys.

EDIT: I will discuss locations and the like with whoever is at SCANO this weekend.

#236942 The Guns You Don't Use Anymore

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 June 2009 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

I don't use my buzzbee belt blaster, or all but one nitefinder (I have like 4). I don't use my BBB either. Too shitty range.

#236919 Raider Preview

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 June 2009 - 01:01 PM in General Nerf

Look this isn't much of a range gun its more of an indoor/"fun gun" this gun has just about the moding potential of a Recon.
However it does have the 35 shot MAGAZINE witch might be helpful in a Longshot.

Not quite true, with just the AR's removed you get a top of 68' from it according to Ice's video. Though you can't really use most stefans you could use converted streamlines or longer stefans and get better/consistent ranges around 50-60 (fired flat) I am guessing.
Here is the link to firing test:

Again, this is only with the Ars removed. There are still things he can do to it, like etape to compress the spring more, power stock, seal improvement, new breech/brass in the breach, lube, straw mod to kill some dead space.

I can see the thing hitting 70ft with stefans once all those mods are done, and someone finds a way to make the drum mag stefan compatible.
With this thing's ROF and outrageous capacity, 70ft is all you need if you have a decent pair of legs.

#236748 Raider Preview

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 June 2009 - 12:30 PM in General Nerf

Well, now comes the big question: Breech.
Ice, I would not advise an angel breech for the same reason that it is useless on a recon: These things already have enormous amounts of deadspace. An angel breech fixes the seal issue, but adds deadspace.
I would advise doing this:
Posted Image

This is on my recon. That is a piece of 17/32 brass nested in there. I didn't have enough brass to do the whole bolt, but I would highly advise it, if your stefans fit brass of that size. 9/16 won't work.
You need to cut the bolt like so:
Posted Image
Then, you sand out both ends until the brass fits in, and epoxy it all together. It added a good 15ft to my LS when I did it, as well as accuracy.
ANyway, it might be a good alternative to angel breeching the thing. This idea was started by ofallthenerf by the way, I take no credit for the intital idea.

#236553 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2009 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok guys. Weather network is saying 80% chance of light rain, 5-10mm. Im hoping this plays out like HbH2, where rain is forcasted, but none actually happens. I will be bringing an umbrellla just in case.
Dude13: I think we should PM all the maybes. Crooked is one I have heard from Dumpster.

#236475 Raider Preview

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2009 - 04:20 PM in General Nerf

Well at the very least, it's stock performance appears to be a little better than that of the recon. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to the raider's release.

Also, I think we owe props to Ice for taking such an impact to his wallet to give everyone an early look.

I would say WAY better than a recon. I don't know if I got a dud but mine shot about 15ft max out of the box.

Nerfer13: I think that is the best we can hope for at this point. Some people have got recons to hit 50ft flat. If this thing can hit 65, Im buying it for more than just the mag.

I am really intrigued to see how the mag works. I thought it was a wind up or something, like you had to crank that black knob in the middle until a spring caught to push the darts forwards. Guess not. I love how there appear to be no jamming issues.

The nerd-gasm was a little much though...... Im off to meditate.

#236416 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2009 - 11:47 AM in General Nerf

I agree that that was the best one: Talio, you are hillarious. I really want to hear the uncut version with all of your cursing.
Brit: Hillarious too. You saying bumconkers on the podcast just made my day. It's really cool to see how nerfing differs from continent to continent.
Ice: Im the guy up in canada with the crossbow that is pretty much cut in half....

#236256 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2009 - 05:09 PM in Nerf Wars

That park looks amazing! Im down for the change. I don't care as long as I can get to nerf, but it looks great.

#236226 When An External Air Source Becomes Cheap

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2009 - 03:11 PM in General Nerf

I agree with a few things here. I have never used a clipped longshot in a war, though I have played with and against some people that do.
Crooked routinely owns at every war, and for the last two, he was using an angel breeched longshot. He let me fire the thing, and believe me, there were NO jamming issues, and it maybe got 5ft less than my crossbow, which was getting about 100ft at the beginning of the day.
I personally took a couple painful shots from it. Having 6 shots like that is just amazing. Drum mag+shotty grip= Pure ownage
IT was not innacurate, two of the shots he took on me were from 65ft+ away, and he hit me right in the middle of the chest.
There was no real need for an integration (His did have a Mav, I don't believe he fired it all day), as it had good ROF, range, and accuracy.

Onto HPA tanks. I have never seen anyone nerf with one that was easily re-loadable such as a MS. When I was at massacre 4, FA_24 had his eyes of fire hooked up to some kind of air compressor. It was fine, only because it took 5 minutes to re-load. If someone did all of FA_24's MS mod, did a double clip like CS did, and had like 4 clips stashed in a backpack with their HPA tank, I can see it being cheap.
But we allow doomsayer indoors up here, what the hell do I know.

#236159 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2009 - 08:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Im sorry to post so much in this thread, but what are people bringing for sale/trade?
Im not really selling anything, but I am interested in aquiring:

One of the following:

PAS
RFSG (doomsayer stock gun)
LS. (NEEDS to be stock or close to it)

No where near me stocks these. If someone has one or lives near a BPS or TRU that has these, Ill pay whatever it costs+ a little bit to make it worth your time.
Pm me with what it costs.

Im pumped. Hopefully if some maybes firm up, we will have 10 people.
FOof: that sucks that you are not coming.

#236099 The Massacre 4 Videos

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 June 2009 - 08:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Nice vid. I had no clue you caught the pentagon of pain on camera. I look like such a tard jumping up and down.....
Me vs an entire team was awesome. I had never wished for a doomsayer more in my life. Crossbows just can't cut it sometimes.
Nice vid as always man.

#235834 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 June 2009 - 01:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I thought this deserved a bump...
And, while I was out of town, my parents chucked my big bag of mile high blanks.
Therefore, I have the capability to make..... About 30 stefans. Im commissioning Dude13 to make me 30, but that only makes 60. Could someone make me another 40 stefans? I will pay them of course. I need ones that fit snugly in PETG.

#235246 Bolt Action Bbbb Breeched To Accept Mags

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 June 2009 - 05:04 PM in Modifications

I don't want to rain on your parade because it's nice looking and you did a fine job, but it's completely pointless putting a clip on something that takes like 6 pumps already. You're not saving any time having it clip loaded.

You actually could be, depending on how your darts were loaded before, whether it be ramrodding them down a barrel, pulling them out of your pocket and shoving them into a breech, or putting them into the back of a couplered barrel. All you have to do is open the breech, shut it, pump 6 times, and pull the trigger.

This is a lifesaver for people like me who seem to suck with speedloaders. I always drop them, forget they are dropped, and move on. I can never seem to get them in the coupler easily. Clips are the same, but I have 6 shots instead of two. I will do this as soon as I can find the materials.

#234963 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 June 2009 - 11:40 AM in Modifications

My latest clusterfuck:
Posted Image

Pm me with any questions, don't expect a write-up. I did this without taking any pics on the way, I had no clue it was gonna work until about 20 minutes ago.

IMPORTANT EDIT: DO NOT attempt this modification if you don't have SF internals that look something along the lines of this:
Posted Image