mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#263384 Big Bad Bow - Replaced Internals

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 January 2010 - 07:29 AM in Homemades

I'm really impressed, I LOVE IT. I hope it arrives today.
I am gonna slap a bitchin PJ on this. I don't think that I have any guns that punch through cardboard at 5ft, let alone 15.
For the record, Zorn is a great person to do a contract with. His pricing seems reasonable (I traded for this, so I may not be the best judge) and as you can see from the photos, his work with homemades is top notch. I am honestly speecheless to see how much work went into it. More than was let on in PMs.

#146868 What's The Most Expensive Nerf Gun You Ever Bought?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 March 2008 - 02:56 PM in General Nerf

45$ not including tax on a ERTL rapid fire shotgun, the same one as forsaken angel used to make his doomsayer. I have since traded it to General Cole.... Lets see what he does with it!

#219612 Lanard 2009

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2009 - 08:06 AM in General Nerf

I do not think that the pump shotgun is a flywheel at all. For a few reasons. I think flywheel guns have to be rear-loading for them to work. At least, the dart needs to be fed into the wheels from the rear. I don't see how this is possible with the gun. Also, it has a pump handle AND a trigger. My experience with flywheel guns is that there is a switch that starts up the gun, and the trigger pushes the dart into the wheels. Unless the pump is the switch, or it operates on gears to rev the wheels, I doubt that it is a flywheel at all.

#219270 Lanard 2009

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 March 2009 - 03:30 PM in General Nerf

The gun that has me most excited of the lot is definitely the shotgun. It looks dead comfy. I would much prefer it though if it shot 1 dart instead of 3, or even better, had a switch that alternated between the two. I think it is a fair assumption to say that the plunger tube is hooked up via vinyl tubing to the turret, which means dead space galore. If the gun can be made to fire 1 dart at a time and still auto rotate, hell yeah, doomsayer has some competition. I may be completely wrong about the turret system (which I hope I am). If this gun can get over 50ft, Im buying it. 3 shots, 50+ft, it has Massacre written all over it (anyone catch that?). Another turret posibility would be 3 separate plunger tubes, in which case they would be tiny.
The one that shoots the huge darts looks very promising.
I can't wait for these to hit shelves.

#145996 Airtech 1000 Modification

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 March 2008 - 05:34 PM in Modifications

Just for reference: my friend had one of these. You cock it by pulling on the back of it, then the trigger releases it.
My friend's had awful range, so 50ft is an achievement.

#188416 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 09 November 2008 - 09:26 AM in General Nerf

I had a SM750 when I was like 6. Then, I got a BBB from a friend for my 11th birthday. I had it for a few years, but I lost all the arrows. Then I went on google to search how I could make it shoot darts, and I found nerfhq. I found a link from there to here, realized here was better, and joined up. FA_24's LS mod also really got me interested.

#207682 K9's Review Of The Buzzbee Belt Blaster

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 January 2009 - 06:36 PM in General Nerf

A few questions:
1. How easy is it to snap the chains together/pull them apart? I would be worried about the chains going everywhere in a war.
2. Were they selling chain refills that you could see at the walmart?
3. Have you had any rotation/chain skipping issues?
4. OPEN THE DAMN THING UP!!!!!!!!
Great job getting this up, Im getting this like tomorrow. Im putting off the k9 special to do it.

#207819 K9's Review Of The Buzzbee Belt Blaster

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 07:14 AM in General Nerf

4. I AM AT FUCKING WORK!!!!

That sounds like way more fun than my after school job...

Why do you have internet access at work?

Im wondering the same thing. He told me he's a janitor.....
Anyway, I may beat him to internal pics, Im going to get one today, and Im opening it up the second I get home with it.

#175634 Guide To All Guns Directory

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 September 2008 - 11:16 AM in General Nerf

I can think of many harder mods than the doomsayer. This should be a lvl 8 maybe. I attempted it with nothing but a LS AR removal under my belt, and found it quite easy, but could not finish it due to not having any pushnuts. I think something like the eyes of fire, or angel's LS mod would be harder, but that is just my oppinion. I love this idea, and here is one of my own you may want to consider

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Longshot Cs6
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Stock ranges: 20-25ft
>Possible ranges: 80-100ft
>Modding difficulty: 5-9, depending on wether the breech is replaced or not, or integrations
>Avg. price: 30$-40$
>Standard position: Primary.
>Rate Of Fire: Medium/high (uses clips)
>Notes: Very popular primary, due to large plunger volume and high rate of fire due to clips. Quite innacurate unless the breech is replaced with brass, or it is singled with CPVC. Sidearm is often integrated into the front.

#153429 Big Blast Modification

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 April 2008 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

I covered my trigger in putty epoxy. That was before my friend sat on it anyways. Piece of junk now. Anyway back to the trigger, it works really well. Try that , so your trigger doesn't break.

#153315 Big Blast Modification

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 April 2008 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

Great job as usual Ofall. I did something similar, though I glued on a PVC coupler, and then nested a CPVC coupler, and then a long barrel. Worked like charm. I got similar ranges to you.

#134627 What Got You Started Nerfing?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 January 2008 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

I had my first nerf gun when I was very young. It was one of the supermaxx series but that is all I remember. I got into nerf modding when I ran out of working arrows for my BBB. I wanted to make it shoot tagger darts. I googled BBB tagger dart and came up with this great site.
Thanks

#163658 Arachnophobia Pistols

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 July 2008 - 05:55 AM in Modifications

Thats totally the coolest thing I ever saw in my whole nerfing career. I love the BS, and was trying to buy chili's integration but shipping was too expensive. I guess I need to get my hands on a big salvo now.

#155489 L.i.d. The Official Write-up

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 May 2008 - 03:45 PM in Homemades

Looks cool. If you added a trigger, that would be very useful.
Cool. Great.

#207469 Ps-800 And The "slide Angel Breech"

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 January 2009 - 10:24 PM in Modifications

Yet another one of my crap pile guns you have turned into a beast, split. My metaphorical hat goes off to you.
Isn't the clip a little far forward though? Wouldn't this really negatively affect ranges?

#195454 Massacre

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 December 2008 - 12:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Awww come on. Does tank need ANOTHER tattoo? This seems like a good war to miss that for. I REALY wish I could bethere, please take lots of pics, I can't wait to see them.

#195977 Massacre

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 December 2008 - 09:42 PM in Nerf Wars

SHit, he even had a fog machine.... DAMN I wish I could have been there. I spent the day setting up my school auditorium for a ballet performance going on there in the next week (scouts stuff, we do it every year) and selling christmas trees (also scouts (venturers)) Then I did homework. I was really sad all day because I kept imagining what you guys were doing.....

#190700 Massacre

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 November 2008 - 07:35 AM in Nerf Wars

Wow. Thats a huge gym. At least 4X as big as my school one... And thats not even all of it. I am getting the money from my cousin who is coming with me tomorrow, so I will paypal you next week sometime.
I can't wait.

#196545 Massacre

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 December 2008 - 02:55 PM in Nerf Wars

FA: I will be first down for a DVD if you do make them. I don't care how much they cost, war footage is so much fun to watch. I can't wait to see you guys at Massacre 2.

#190222 Massacre

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 November 2008 - 07:13 AM in Nerf Wars

Im a definite.
EDIT: I am likely bringing a friend. I can supply him with everything but stefans. What would the cost be for him?
Are singled 2ks too powerful?
EDIT#2: I will paypal you the entrance money closer to the date. I am hella busy, can't meet in person.

#192952 Massacre

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 November 2008 - 08:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Im officially out. I cannot convince my parents to drive me to Ajax, as that is a good hour's drive away. I pointed out that tank rat, dumpster and Rixon are driving from Cambridge but it didn't do any good. I can however make it to WCNO, so I will see all my fellow canadians there.

#203520 How To Paint Your Blasters

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 January 2009 - 08:28 AM in Modifications

shaun: Please do not quote pics, it's a pain in the ass to scroll through.

Salindin: Awesome work there. I really like it. I just use krylon fusion, and my guns are usually the same color uniformly. This is an inspiration.

#249922 Longshot/raider

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 September 2009 - 07:22 AM in Modifications

That's, well.... Interesting. I like the concept, but I believe it would be cleaner/lighter to slap that drum mag on your LS/recon and call it a day.
I can see it being practical, but I find that the drum mag off to the side really throws off the balance: It pointing down, like on a recon, would maybe help balance it a bit.
Is it really front heavy? Props for the idea though.

#146407 Sm1500 Assault Rifle

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 March 2008 - 07:40 AM in Modifications

Sick. Thats all I can say. 30 shots with the extra valve hooked up is amazing. Im not surprised that your local nerfers want it banned. I wish I had an sm1.5k now :cry:

#198547 Sm1500 Assault Rifle

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 December 2008 - 11:15 PM in Modifications

I will probably do this with a 2k, but not with the stock. I think that if I do everything with adding the elbow, and the ball valve, except replace the ball valve with a PVC end cap, the range will go through the roof. Nice alternative to the very stupid looking goo gauge mod.

#269499 Nerf Big Blast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 March 2010 - 08:31 AM in General Nerf

I really don't like the sounds of this, even if half this is true. It's probably just all speculation, but seriously? Tactical Shield? The fact that it takes 6 D batteries makes it likely too bulky to use in a war, and it most likely won't shoot far, likely operating on gears pulling back the plunger, therefore requiring a pretty weak spring as to not break the gears.

#218042 The Frankenfucker

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 March 2009 - 12:49 PM in Modifications

Actually guys I made this back in oct '08 but never posted a mod cause I was noob then. So...I win

No, k9, that was me. I sold it to you finished. You revamped it, it looked more like ice nine's when it was modified by me. Anyway, you did a pretty nice job
Ice Nine: Very good job. I would be worried about some serious durability issues with the maxshot AND plusbow springs in there. Other than that, great job.

#205665 The Thundersplat, By Splitlip

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 January 2009 - 03:35 PM in Modifications

Are these ranges with the stock spring? Cause I just pick this up.

Really, I DEMAND TO KNOW WHERE!!!!!

#205508 The Thundersplat, By Splitlip

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 January 2009 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

Awesme as usual, split. What kind of ranges are you getting out of this beast? The only thing that concerns me is the shot which looked like it dropped significantly after 25ft. Still, me want one.
Am I the only one who thinks this guy should be made a contributor?

#256561 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 November 2009 - 07:53 AM in Off Topic

I am noticing less and less camping now. The fact is, you get what is probably the best sn1per rifle in the game right off the bat, so a lot of people use it. Most people wait to get the AUG HBAR or the TAR 21 before they really start playing outwardly and not camping. Now that people have had the game longer, less people are grabbing their Barrett .50 cal and hiding around shooting with it, because they have unlocked guns that are really easy to get a shit ton of kills with.
I love the FAL. I don't care if it's semiauto, that iron sight ENCOURAGES headshots. I got 30 kills with it my first game, 11 of those being headshots. I have digital for it now, almost urban. The SCAR with a Silencer and a Heartbeat sensor with urban looks awesome.

#256593 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 November 2009 - 03:18 PM in Off Topic

The FAL seems to be a cross between the G3 and M14 in COD4. It has almost no recoil, like the G3, but usually kills in 2 upper body shots, like the M14. I keep consistently getting 20+ kills a match now with it, averaging 5-6 headshots with a silencer only. I think I'm hooked.
Talio: About your hit but no kill problem: Don't EVER just pull the trigger once. Tap it a bunch of times, even before your reticle confirms you got a hit. I usually tap the trigger 3-4 times in rapid succession, as default. I know that even if half of those hit the guy, he's down.

The TAR is overpowered. It has the same damage as a SCAR with much higher ROF and clip size.
I can't wait until I unlock the AUG HBAR next level, because apparently you can still see your heartbeat sensor while you are sprinting: A real advantage for those who use the HBS.

EDIT: Something that really pisses me off is that they did not get rid of the super overpowered M16. I mean, a ton of people who clearly used it in COD4 are just going back to it, with the same suckish results. I never used it much in COD4, I found it really cheap. The FAMAS is NOT just another M16. M16 kills in one burst almost no matter what, even if you land 2/3 bullets on target. You need to get ALL of them on target with the FAMAS, with stopping power to get a kill. It's much more balanced this way.

#257244 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 November 2009 - 01:44 PM in Off Topic

Raffica rocks. Best loser rifle that I have unlocked is still the Barrett. The intervention just looks wierd, and the WA2000 is just an underpowered, lower recoil Barrett that you NEED to get an upper body shot to kill with.
ACR is beastly, it's a M4 on drugs. UMP45 is great, it's what I use. It kills in 3 bullets with stopping power.
The AUG is basically an assault rifle, it should not be in the LMG category. The only shotgun I have unlocked that I actually use is the striker. 12 shots, semi auto. No competiton.

#256159 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 November 2009 - 10:20 PM in Off Topic

I agree, camping on the XB360 is ridiculous. I mean, half the enemy team is camping, and there is no way to get anywhere near them, as they have sentrys, claymores and about 5 other campers scoping in every direction. This went on for at least half a game, and the only way for it to end was some guy getting a care package with an AC130 in it, and dealing with them that way.

BTW: IF anyone has reached level 23 and has not yet tried out the G18, go smack yourself. I swear to God, it's my favorite gun in the game. I seriously use it as a primary, and my Mp5 as a backup. It's a beast silenced.

#255982 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 November 2009 - 04:03 PM in Off Topic

I'll agree with Talio, the SCAR-H is fucking awesome. I am working on silencer for it, and I'm gonna bling it with a holographic once I unlock that. The MP5K with the attachement that increases the ROF is almost unstoppable at close range with stopping power. It just owns, plain and simple. One dissapointement was the Intervention. I originally thought it would own all, and it did.... Without a silencer. The silencer makes it dead quiet, but it kills the damage. I landed some full chest hits with it at medium range (not enough to get longshot once I killed them) and it took 2 shots. Needless to say, I removed the silencer, but if you wanna be really stealthy and still own, use the Barrett .50 cal. I had much better results with that. M4 sights, as Talio said, are much better this time 'round. I used it for a bit, but I prefered the SCAR in the end.

I like the maps better, they seem like they will be much harder to memorize. The maps in COD4 and WaW were really too simple. Favela is really a maze, good luck remembering where all the good spots are on that map.

#255919 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 10 November 2009 - 09:01 PM in Off Topic

I got it, it owns, nuff said. I am on XBL, my gamertag is IPWNOOBZ.
I love the Intervention, it is so damn powerful. I shot a guy through both sides of a train car.

#237462 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 June 2009 - 05:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Ill take the LS and 1 clip, Joey.
I Got my wallet viciously diddled by Home Depot the other day, I can't afford to put anyting on the SF, unless you take trades.

EDIT: also interested in any pumps you may have.

#233108 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 May 2009 - 05:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Eh, Im about 80% sure. Damn venturer company still hasn't decided anything. Ill know by monday.

#234416 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 June 2009 - 09:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Would anyone be willing to sell me around 5 or so feet of PETG at the war?

Ill give you that if you make the darts 5$.

#236159 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2009 - 08:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Im sorry to post so much in this thread, but what are people bringing for sale/trade?
Im not really selling anything, but I am interested in aquiring:

One of the following:

PAS
RFSG (doomsayer stock gun)
LS. (NEEDS to be stock or close to it)

No where near me stocks these. If someone has one or lives near a BPS or TRU that has these, Ill pay whatever it costs+ a little bit to make it worth your time.
Pm me with what it costs.

Im pumped. Hopefully if some maybes firm up, we will have 10 people.
FOof: that sucks that you are not coming.

#237653 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 June 2009 - 04:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Despite the rain, I had the most fun at this war as any other.
Highlights:
- Seeing everyone again and getting to nerf.
-Buying a fully functionning splitfire for 15$ from joey, who really didn't care.
- Joey showing up, essentially giving all his guns away, leaving big bad sexy on the climbing frame for DQ and Applefury to fight over.
- Tank rat showing up again.
- Having lots of people there, I think we had 10.
- Obtaining many new guns.
- Pistol rounds. FA_24 and I were using pistol splats, which needless to say, owned. (No, we don't ban anything up here)
- RSCB big blast worked nicely. 20+hits all day with that
- Guns shooting farther in the rain. I think it is because with FA_24's beige foam, the water lubes the barrel.
- Getting 4 hits in one round with the K9 special. It has been powered down, but damn does it still own.
- Shooting dude13 THROUGH a hedge with my big blast.
- K9 jumping through a hedge and getting soaked.
- Applefury showing up halfway through the day, basically just to show off his angel breeched yellow LS
- FA_24 giving me a mega missle because he thought that I had hauled a large tupperware crate on the subway. He later found out that he was mistaken, that it was actually K9 in his car who brought it, but he let me keep the MM. Thanks a lot man!
- Angel talking about fat people in burger king. Holy crap that was funy
- FA finding a crackpipe on the grass. That was sketchy.
- Dumpster "Oh, good, nothing will get stolen this time, as crooked is in Montreal." Apple then smacks him.
- Dumpster's grandfather showing up with a chocolate donut, and us laughing at SGM's accent for a while.

Cons:
- Xbow getting all of 65ft with bungies. I have NO clue why.
- it poured most of the day. It didn't really bother me that much, but I have to take apart EVERY gun I own, just to dry them out.
- Losing 20$. If anyone found money on the ground, it is mine.

More to come later.