mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#164533 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 July 2008 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

Wow that is dissapointing. <_< . Not to criticize you splitlip but I think you must have put something in wrong. The video of some kid firing a stock vulcan shows the darts going about 25ft. I want to see more before I give up entirely. Still great job opening it up and doing all those things.

#164513 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 July 2008 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

Oh my god. That thing looks amazing. And Gforce shut up, stop rubbing your vulcan into everyone's faces, and bullshitting about ranges. Splitlip, that is really good that you have figured this gun, which looks really complicated, out without a write up. I have been modding for a year now, and would have had no clue where to start, and would have waited for someone else to post something first. Congradulations on taking the initiative.
I want one bad, but the recon didn't come out in stores near me until late april/early may, so it will be a while. A spring replacement would really help. I guess that if you got a spring 3x as strong, it would increase the ROF to about 1 shot a second, which is still really good for a weapon that I guess might equal gforce's BS ranges.

#141407 The Vulcan

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 February 2008 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

I hope it doesn't shoot like the mech tommy 20. Very unreliable ranges. My cousin has one.
If it does, I will not buy it at all. Huge waste of 40$. Buy a chainblazer or rototrack.
On the plus side, this thing will have a great ROF, obviously, and the chains look like you can connect them, making a rain of darts down on your target. With screamers, pretty damn intimidatin.
Thanks

#160890 The Vulcan

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 June 2008 - 02:16 PM in General Nerf

I saw in Commander Cody's link that it fires 3 darts per second. That is a hell of a lot faster than the videos show. I wounder if that is just a sale's pitch, or if it has more than two settings (single and auto).
It does say that it is "piston powered", which makes it sound like a plunger gun definitely (Badger)
I can't see how a flywheel gun can be in anyway translated to "piston"

#136065 The Versatile Airtech

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 January 2008 - 04:23 PM in Modifications

Good job!!
Are AT3ks still in production? if they are im getting some definetly.

#205665 The Thundersplat, By Splitlip

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 January 2009 - 03:35 PM in Modifications

Are these ranges with the stock spring? Cause I just pick this up.

Really, I DEMAND TO KNOW WHERE!!!!!

#205508 The Thundersplat, By Splitlip

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 January 2009 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

Awesme as usual, split. What kind of ranges are you getting out of this beast? The only thing that concerns me is the shot which looked like it dropped significantly after 25ft. Still, me want one.
Am I the only one who thinks this guy should be made a contributor?

#159173 The Supertoothmaxx

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2008 - 05:09 PM in Modifications

Sorry to double post, but due to financial difficulties/extreme want of xbow, I am going to sell this. I don't really care if you PM me or post here, either is fine. If you can trade me an xbow for this, other guns/cash ( I trade the STM and guns for xbow) that would be awesome.

#159045 The Supertoothmaxx

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 June 2008 - 12:19 PM in Modifications

SAWTOOTH MOD WRITE UP.
I know there has been very few sawtooth mods, notably baghead's and frostvectron's, so when I got my clipless sawtooth from OMC a few months ago, I set about making a new mod. Special thanks to frostvectron for the motivation, and it turns out Piney did it too, so props to him Posted Image
Mine borrows heavily from JAWS (link), but I have put some twists on it of my own.
Here it is in all of it's glory.

Features include:
Brass breech (same kind as on frost's 5k)
Integrated SM1.5k
Stronger spring
Cocking device relocation (frost's)
Shoulder stock (frost's)
AWESOME PAINTJOB.

MATERIALS NEEDED
DREMEL!!!!! with cutting and sanding bits.
17/32 brass
9/16 brass
Replacement main spring (first shot springs work well)
Small catch spring (pen)
SM1.5k internals. (2k can be substituted)
CPVC.
2 CPVC elbows (90 degrees)
Paint (optional) (car paint or Krylon)
8-32 threaded rod.
8-32 hex nut
8-32 nylon skirt hex nut
Plumbers goop
Hot glue.
Great stuff foam sealant.

PROCEDURE
First, open up the sawtooth by taking out all the screws.
Next, you will need to get those awful maxforce cocking handles off, goHere to see how.
Open up your gun.
I don't have a internal pic, but go Here to see what they should look like.
I have a list of what you should throw away.
1.Cocking bar and cogs, cocking handle
2.Rubber thingy on the end of the plunger tube.
3.All auto advance junk for the clip
4.The clips.
5.Stock spring
6.Stock catch spring.
Next, take your section of 17/32 brass and cut a barrel to the desired length, glue it onto plunger tube.
Cut your breach hole where you want it.
Posted Image
Next, take a piece of 9/16 brass and cut a piece the length of the breach hole.
Nest this in a piece of PVC the same length, and put a half coupler on it. Drill a screw into it for your breach handle
Posted Image

Then, cut a hole in the shell for the breach handle with a dremel like so.
Posted Image
The next part involves a lot of dremeling. Take your SM1.5k pump tube and attempt to lie it where the cocking handle was on the right side of the case. Dremel away anything that is stopping it.

Lay it like so, and dremel out a hole in the back of the case for the pump handle.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dremel away the other side of the case so the gun will close.

Glue your airtank here, and dremel a hole in the front of the case for it to sit in.
Put a barrel of your choice on the tank (I used what was left of the stick of 17/32 brass)
Glue it on there.
Posted Image
Now, I took everything out of the case, and gave it this mixture of black, green, and silver car paint.
It turned out nicely.
Posted Image
I left the end orange bit orange so it would not be confused with a real gun.
Now, we will be relocating the cocking handle.
Frost tells us to use a 10-32 threaded rod, but I found that a little thick, so I used a 8-32.
Drill a hole in the back of the cocking handle, and put the rod in the hole, and goop like crazy around it

Then take a hex nut and a nylon skirt hex nut and position a piece of CPVC in between them as your cocking handle.
Posted Image
Dremel a hole in the back for the handle to go out the case.
When I put it back in, I picked a better spring for the gun. Im not sure what it was, I got it in a trade deal with sputnik.

It is a lot harder to compress than the stock one.
Due to the main spring being so much stronger, you need to replace the really bad stock cocking spring.
I again am not sure what I used for this application.

Next, take your internals of sm1.5k, and glue them in. Take a piece of wire, and a key ring, and hook up the firing pin to the outside of the shell, by drilling through some thin walls.
Posted Image
Here are the finished internals
Posted Image

This is optional, but I reccomend it. Put on a stock of CPVC. Take two pieces of CPVC, and two elbow joints. Put them on, and cut a piece of CPVC to go in between them. Goop them onto the shell like so
Posted Image

This is optional, but I put some great stuff foam sealant in the end of the orange bit, to stop the main barrel from flopping around. Make sure it doesn't get in the way of your breech handle.

Put the gun back together, and you are done! The main gun gets about 55ft, and the integrated 1.5k, about 85ft.

Thanks.
MSDFS

#159048 The Supertoothmaxx

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 June 2008 - 12:30 PM in Modifications

Oh crud I forgot to put it back in after taking the pics!!!!
I will edit that now.
EDIT: Fixed.

#159078 The Supertoothmaxx

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 June 2008 - 04:23 PM in Modifications

I love the breech and the integration and all, but would it not have been better to use frosts position for the pump? It looks awkward to pump like that. I plan on doing this but with 3 big salvo chambers instead of the sm1.5k. But whatever suits ya. Can't argue with those ranges on the sm.

It's not uncomfortable at all. Frost did it with a 2k, which has a smaller pump handle that will fit in there. The SM one is too long. Cutting it would affect the amount of working pressure, therefore the range. It's easier to do this way.

Philote: I know it is not cool that the integrated sidearm gets more than the original gun, but let's face it the sawtooth sucks. Everyone knows this. I juiced it to the max.it has a small plunger and an even smaller plunger stroke. I wanted to get decent range out of an awesome shell, and that's what I did.

#159155 The Supertoothmaxx

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2008 - 02:11 PM in Modifications

ZOMG that's amazing (sorry for the noobish) That's exactly like mine in the way that the handle was fixed on. I swear I never saw that, but if you want me to add your name in the disclamer list, I will. I love the SS2, I have been looking for one for ages.. Do you have one you could sell me?
Thanks

#159149 The Supertoothmaxx

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2008 - 12:57 PM in Modifications

I may try that. I have a lot of picture wire left, so I should. Could you add this to the directory?

#159050 The Supertoothmaxx

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 June 2008 - 12:41 PM in Modifications

I tried that with my 2k, as that was my first choice of integration. After I bent it, it started to leak out the back. I don't want to do that, because I love the 1.5k, besides the trigger pull is not uncomfortable at all. I guess it's the strong fingers from playing intense video games.
The tubing had a small hole in it that I plugged, so the ranges are now more around 95-100ft with the 1.5k.

#142710 The Semi 2k Is Back

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 February 2008 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

Good job.
That 2k will be like a full auto, 100ft shooting huge airtanked beast!

#257321 The Road To Apoc.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 November 2009 - 03:38 PM in General Nerf

Seriously though, why is there a coffee table full of junk food without explanation in the middle of the video? All I can come up with is that they don't have that stuff in Canada, but that just sounds ridiculous. That would be like if you told us they don't have White Castle in Canada.

We don't have White Castle in Canada. *tear*

There are a couple in maritimes... but not in Ontario *tear*

Whalaaaaaat? I have been to the maritimes several times and have NEVER seen a white castle. You can bet that I would order 6 slider specials fast if I found one.
Nice video, Angel, I hope I can go next year.

#151299 The Quickie

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 April 2008 - 03:52 PM in Modifications

I agree. Damn goodwill. They sold me a sm5k that the guy at the store said they had wars there with. He said that it shot 50ft, easy with the mega darts that came with it. I, unfortunately believed him without testing it, and bought it for 15$. I got it home, and tried it. It wouldn't pump. Turns out, tank was busted,and it was full of dust, which shows that the guy at goodwill was lying through his teeth.

#151144 The Quickie

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 April 2008 - 04:02 PM in Modifications

Good job sputnik. I love it, except that the duct tape looks a bit fugly. Try wrapping etape around the base of the PVC and gooping it in. That shoud deal with the need for duct tape.

#175945 The Prometheus Pistol - Titan + Lsfg

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 September 2008 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

Great job. You are well on your way to becoming one of the NIC's good mod write up dudes. Man I envy your zap a gap. Some screw up with the labeling, zap have recalled all their products in canada. I have to make due with something a bit weaker for my Angel Breech, which Im making using your write up.

#190807 The New Xbox Experience

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 November 2008 - 07:25 PM in Off Topic

I downloaded it today. Pretty sick. It is a bit of a copy of the WII with the Miis and all but it's interface seems better and easier to use.

#149903 The New Shall Replace The Old

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 April 2008 - 05:35 PM in Off Topic

I agree with the last post. Longshots are innacurate unless angel breeched, which a newbie to modding would not be able to do.
Ompa: I agree with you on the fact that you can get discontinued guns quite easily. I got a sharpshooter 2 for 2$ at a garage sale, a powerclip for 5$ from a friend, and a misslestorm for free from another friend. I have yet to find any trace of a legend gun, such as the Sm5k, or xbow. I will keep looking.
Captain slug: You are right. Older guns can be easily fixed, and I believe that hasbro wants us to buy more guns by making them more complicated, flimsier (recon stock) and harder to repair. I side with the old gun people on these fronts, but if you are getting into modding, don't spend so much on a discontinued gun. Get a simple one such as the NF.

#149895 The New Shall Replace The Old

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 April 2008 - 04:55 PM in Off Topic

I kind of agree with you, Green Buckshot. Now don't get me wrong, I like old guns just as much as the next person, and some are classics that just can't be replaced. Nothing is as easy to integrate into anything as the AT2k, and nothing has the foam spitting goodness of a RF20. I like the new guns for their swat team look, but consider this.
A Sm5k has similar ranges to a poorly singled titan. I would take the hit on the range, to be able to use it in CERTAIN wars. It is also more ergonomic and, yes, nerf stylish to haul around a rifle looking gun than a freaking bazooka!
The xbow is a bit of a mystery to me. I know that my friend, who now lives in Costa Rica, had one, and I recall that it got really bad ranges. Of course, he hadn't modded it, but I still cannot understand anything about it apart from the cool factor. Unless clipped, it has a poorer rate of fire than the LS, which can be modded to get 100ft ranges. LSs are available at your local TRU, and cost 30$, not the 100$+ one would shell out for an xbow.
I like the mav for it's high rof. But, as you pointed out, there are some guns that cannot be replaced with anything new. A relatively high ROF pistol that gets decent ranges is not a very common thing these days. That's wy people opt for Splitfires.
A good push pull blaster these days is really hard to come by. I know most people hate them for their poor accuracy but who gives a crap when they can blast out 20 pieces of foam each going about 55ft like my Rototrack? There is something about the pushing and pulling of the handle that really is fun.
In conclusion to my longest post yet, maybe apart from my mod write ups, I believe the guns of today are good to satisfy all but the more advanced nerfer's need. Im not pretending to be a seasoned veteran or anything, but I hate it when some person who got validated yesterday goes on and say ZOMG I NEED A XBOW NOW!. Chances are, a Longshot would satisfy your needs. I understand the ones that can't be replaced, but most of the time, a quick trip to TRU will satisfy your needs.
Thanks for reading my huge post.

#176599 The New Hereti Corp. Assault Rifle

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 September 2008 - 03:20 PM in Modifications

I can really vouch for this guy. Before reading his flickr guide, I had no clue how an angel breech worked. Now I have a fully functional one. Thanks a million, Hereticorp, you are amazing.
Oh I love the PJ too.

#204086 The New Firm

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 January 2009 - 11:14 AM in Homemades

Me likes it. I can't see myself using this though. I think it would be really cumbersome and insanely front heavy. I would fill the stock with some kind of weight to balance it out. A heavy gun wouldn't bother me, but a front heavy one would make me shoot low, especially with the integration. Then again, I hate turrets, so my speedloader on my xbow is more than enough.

#204756 The Nerf Schofield

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2009 - 03:58 PM in Homemades

Very nice. It's a shame you aren't selling these. I would likely buy one. My only concern is the tiny plunger draw. What kind of ranges are you getting out of it now?
Oh and Im happy to see that I am not the only one who likes elizabethan blackadder. I love that episode:
"Baldrick, this is Molly, an inexpensive prostitute, and Molly, this is Baldrick, a pointless peasant."

#160540 The Nerf Crossbow.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 June 2008 - 08:03 PM in General Nerf

Say it has horizontal arms, not vertical ones. Say it doesn't have a sight, and mention the cocking rod too.
Oh and fix your grammar, your i s should be dotted, just so no one flames you.

#221435 The Monk

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 April 2009 - 03:26 PM in Modifications

Wow, I can fortell the future..... I planned out a mod almost exactly like this about a week ago. Ask deaddumpster, I talked to him about it. I also said that I was going to log on one day soon, and someone would have done it before me. Oh well, mine is still original.

On topic: Don't trust hot glue. I learned the hard way. I think my hot glue is designed for sub tropic climates or something, because it could easily be peeled off anything at 15 degrees celsius, which for americans, really isn't all that cold. Use a very small amount of hot glue to tack the 2k to the LS shell, and go to town with the epoxy putty. Your RSCB looks like it's about to fall off, too. It looks effective.

#184500 The Massive Tsunami Scatter Gun

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 October 2008 - 12:19 PM in Modifications

Thats just beautiful. I use a similar concept, but with my LS, with a marvelous salvo integrated. I have this sling made from backpack straps, that I put on my back, and I whip it out to take a shotgun blast at people when my primary is out. This would be perfect for that kind of strategy. Oh and epoxy putty FTW.

#236099 The Massacre 4 Videos

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 June 2009 - 08:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Nice vid. I had no clue you caught the pentagon of pain on camera. I look like such a tard jumping up and down.....
Me vs an entire team was awesome. I had never wished for a doomsayer more in my life. Crossbows just can't cut it sometimes.
Nice vid as always man.

#234941 The Massacre 4 Videos

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 June 2009 - 08:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Very nice as usual. Can't wait to see the next parts. Lol, slushy was calling me x-bow. No one says xbow in real life. It's funny, all the shots of me are me using my BBBB. I probably used the thing for 3-4 rounds all day...

#138624 The Mantra Ray

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2008 - 06:34 PM in Modifications

I have wanted a manta ray for a long time. I decided, since I dont have enough cash to get one, that I would go about making one. Sounds crazy I know.
The Idea started when I was dual wielding my two petg modded single tek blasters (that come with bbbb)
I had the handles together, and it looked a lot like a manta ray to me. 10 minutes and a lot of hotglue, and etape later, I had a shell less manta ray that shoots 40ft. I then proceeded to the shell. My dad is a wine fanatic, so I took an empty wine case and cut out a manta ray like shape out of one of them. I remember hearing that a mantra was a word or sentence that you said over and over again, so I wrote "The Cake Is A Lie" on it as many people like that sentence. Im still at a loss of how to attach it to the single teks, so any info would be appreciated
Thanks

#138637 The Mantra Ray

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2008 - 07:31 PM in Modifications

to clarify this was a wooden wine case, not cardboard

#138654 The Mantra Ray

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2008 - 08:57 PM in Modifications

Thanks guys, but I think that im going to make a new shell, as mine is butt ugly.
Any advice on how to make a homemade manta ray shell would be welcome.

#152591 The Longspider Shotgun

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 April 2008 - 11:58 AM in Modifications

I love this. I looked at the video and almost pissed myself. I don't believe your ranges either. 100ft out of a recon, without a catapult is IMPOSSIBLE!!!! Unless you threw in a sm5k valve or something, and even then with the seal this thing has got..... Oh well. I love it, plain and simple. I was considering bidding, but it has gone too high for me.

EDIT: I would not take that thing in public, and would advise whoever you sell it to to do the same. I got pulled over by the cops for having a green camo ss1. Don't risk it.

#205200 The Longshot Contract.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 January 2009 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

I didn't know you were running a service. I guess we send you the gun, and for enough money you mod/paint it? Cool idea, way to make some cash off your modding skills. That LS looks sick, Makes me want to angel breach another.

#207151 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 January 2009 - 09:43 AM in Modifications

I remember dumpy talking about this at Massacre 2, and I believe I actually laughed at him. I though he was going to do the pull off the barrel method or endcap or something. I didn't think you would pull it off to be honest. You guys weren't joking at all. Well, I started on mine last night. Ive got the copper, wrapped in etape, and a LSFG faux barrel to cover the breech. Im using 9/16 brass for the main barrel. I need to do some more tweaking, but I did test it, and Im getting 110-115ft. This is with my PAS with a xbow spring added to the stock. This mod does work people, my PAS is now a beast, I would recommend this to anyone.

#206884 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 January 2009 - 03:30 PM in Modifications

Im doing this. Like this weekend. I can't wait to see that thing at the next war.

#156135 The Iron Man Ff

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 May 2008 - 12:54 PM in General Nerf

Please do swords. I love the look of them, and hell, 65ft that is great for indoors, expecially with the high rof.

#156105 The Iron Man Ff

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 May 2008 - 08:26 AM in General Nerf

I actually want one of these. This looks cool, I think that I can squeeze some range out of the FF.

#208072 The Internals Of The Bbbr

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 11:23 PM in General Nerf

So what's that spring on the outside of the plunger tube for? Does it push the plunger tube against the shells and improve the seal?

Hit the nail right on the head there. That is why a plunger tube replacement would be difficult.