- → Duke Wintermaul's Content
Duke Wintermaul's Content
There have been 354 items by Duke Wintermaul (Search limited from 13-July 93)
Still waiting on some XT60 battery connectors, but this is a quick shot the night I put it together.
Desert Digital Camo, rubberized grips, Falcon 130 motors, 2s 20c Lipo, mini voltmeter.
Another one coming soon, Fatigue Digital Camo.
Desert is on the left, Fatigue on the right.
A personal Stryfe!
Featured in my Detailing Article, http://propweaponscoop.com/…/custom-lettering-personalizat…/, I just got this wicked monster fully wired up.
180 motors, 18awg rewire, new micrsowitch, voltmeter, and UV LED Firefly tech.
Finally started in on my massive pile of "modified-unpainted" gear.
First up is a BoomCo FlipBow sporting a Red/Blue fade and Dripping Skulls dip.
Then we have this PoS Recon with OMW metal internals. One shell half is the Clear series, and the other has been Oil Slick dipped. The inside of the OIl Slick half has been thoroughly Vinyl Dyed, and I rather like the way the internals are shown through the clear on a black backdrop; some minor internal pieces have been chromed to help accent the casted metal.
Nice paint on that Hyperfire! Protip, RM2 motors are rated for 4.5volts; which means your running them too hot and they'll eventually fry and fail.
I'd recommend a nice pair of Honey Badger motors, they're great motors and are designed to run on a 2s lipo.
Here are some suck-less Hyperfire cages, it's worth gettine one printed if you want to have any kind of meaningful performance.
Just another Flywheelers, not a Stryfe this time!
Honeybadgers, 2s, minivoltmeter, 15A microswitch, 18awg rewire.
Ran out of Carbon Fiber film part way through this project, would have liked to redo large portions of this blaster but fuck it; good enough.
Also my first shot at dipping PVC. Did not go too well, only compounded by the fact that I was literally using the cast-off scraps of film for the RSCB system.
All-in-all, super happy with the performance of these little airtanks. I might need to shorten my hopper tube, half the time the last dart doesn't fire, just too much deadspace for this little tank.
Once I get more film I'll be swapping my RSCB for a Chopper, hopefully the PVC fittings come out better next time.
Art, you'se says?
Libel, says I.
~210FPS airtanks, super fun cheap ass blasters.
Cpt. Slug dart door on the Kryptek/Zombies blaster. Extended use is ruining it's airseal. Sorry, Captain, but I think I'm going to stick with an endcap; still a super fun and innovative replacement for the ballvalve though, maybe use some rubber sheet instead of foam to increase longevity?
Since were showing off EAT's. Same one that's in my mod guide, but with custom grip and 6-rd GITD clip.
The assault handle is 100% mechanically fastened. I need to make a run to the hardware store for thinner metal fasteners, right now i'm using two 20pence pieces.
The above is a Stryfe with full lock removal, full rewire, Blade 180 motor replacement, flywheel wraps, thermistor/resistors removal, 30MM DC fans ontop the motors, Voltmeter in the stock, integrated laser sight, and... I think that's it. There are a total of three after market switches, one toggles the voltmeter and another toggles the fans. These are both run directly off the Stryfe main power supply. The last switch toggles the laser sight, which is run off 2 x AAA in the battery tray.
All the 'tacticool' crap is on their for /r/nerf, i run this blaster in the field with just a retaliator stock. Here is a gallery with 4 more pictures.
PS, I really like that blue Pointman9.
Rear loading BuzzBee Airmax Extreme 10. Aluminum barrels, auto rotate still works. average of 160fps with #6 slugs.
'Elite Recon' with OMW stage 1+2 kits. Still waiting on stage 3, which is pre-order bonuses for stage 2; they were bumped back so OMw could ship out all the 10month old orders people had already paid for. Averaging 97.72fps with Pak-D darts.
180 Rapid Red with 5 tone paintjob, rubberized grips, faux mother-of-pearl grip inlays, 40mm PC fans, and voltmeter. Oh, added a barrel attachment port and a 3/4in coupler to serve as a DIY stock attachment port.
Incomplete 180 Hail-fire with 3 tone paintjob, rubberized grips, custom advance handle (this was a thrift find w/out it), and voltmeter.
The Hail-Fires voltmeter is green, the Rapid Red's is... red.
Both are averaging 123.7feetpersecond and fire frozen ropes with my Koosh darts.
Cracking it open, I decided there was no reason not to combine the internal 3 with the external 6. The Nine shot Magnus was born.
It might even hold 10 darts, I only have nine to test with but it seems there is room for a tenth dart; unknown if this 10th will create feeding issues.
Maybe 3 trust fires is too much? Maybe it is intended to run at stock voltage or a little more?
The forward voltage rate is 9volts. MAV seems to be running them at recommended voltage, so i'm not sure whats happening for him.
I've burned two of these motors with 4s 14500 cells, but that was a controlled test to see what they could take and to know the warning signs. I normally run them on 3s 14500 cells, and have had no malfunctions. My blasters have not gone through a whole lot of use, so perhaps that's a factor. I'm looking for some higher quality Tamiya's to do some testing, but right now i have nothing definitive to say. If my motor's do shred, i'll be replacing them and running them on 2s 14500 cells to see how that works out.
I'm slowly losing faith in these motors as i continually hear horror stories of blasted and bombarded melted shreds coming from their use.
Mav13, it seems like more expensive higher quality motors are a better option.