Duke Wintermaul's Content

There have been 354 items by Duke Wintermaul (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#346022 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 06 April 2015 - 04:07 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#346005 Motors And Batteries

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 04 April 2015 - 11:47 AM in Modifications

So I am about to start working on a big project and I have some questions:

1. I want to replace the motors and I don't care having to modify the shell, so can someone recommend me good 180 motors?

2. This is actually related to the first question, what LiPo battery should I use with these motors?

3. Do I need to coat the flywheels? if I do what should I use?

4. Also I decided to replace the wires and switches I order for the flywheels to reach max rpm faster so what wires and switches should I use?

Also don't refer to the cost because I have a big budget for this project.
Thanks for the help.

1. FK-180SH-3534

2. If you have your heart set on Lithium you should get a Turnigy 2s pack. I'd recommend either sticking with 14500 cells or finding a 2s pack that can still fit inside the battery tray.

3. No, natural wear and use will coat your flywheels with miniscule blue residue, no need to do anything artificial.

4. 18awg wire, 15A/240V switch.

#345943 Which should I get?

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 31 March 2015 - 09:53 PM in General Nerf

I cannot say enough good things about the Stryfe.

Get a Stryfe, remove it's dart sensor, and never look back.

#345919 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 30 March 2015 - 04:16 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A personal Stryfe!

Featured in my Detailing Article, http://propweaponscoop.com/…/custom-lettering-personalizat…/, I just got this wicked monster fully wired up.

180 motors, 18awg rewire, new micrsowitch, voltmeter, and UV LED Firefly tech.

#345692 OMW Rampage kit??

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 20 March 2015 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

I have it.

It will chrono in the low 90's

I bought it secondhand. Is it worth $25? Meh.

#345676 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 19 March 2015 - 03:06 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think that's all the new stuff.

#345604 Hart Ranch HvZ

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 17 March 2015 - 01:35 PM in Nerf Wars

The current record is 601 held by Mount Royal University of Calgary Canada.

Guinness will get it listed soon, the record was beaten yesterday.

#345581 Ohio Revolution II: Redcoats Revenge

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 16 March 2015 - 02:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I concur. We need an Ohio war soon, and we may as well give Cincy a chance to respond and get this set in stone before doing our own thing.

Cincy has a war every single weekend, if you can't be bothered to show up it's not their fault.

Looking forward to this! Can't wait until you get the date pinned down.

#345544 Need help making Reaper's Hellfire Shotguns.

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 14 March 2015 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

Roughcuts with major bodywork and a fine hand behind it.

Or...

Hammershots with major bodywork. They won't be to scale, but you might find them more useful.

When you say, "Need help making" I doubt there is anybody who will be able to guide you through the bodywork and aesthetics of a build like this.

If you want it done right commission a prop builder, unless of course you decide to give it your best go.

Edit: I have not heard of Overwatch, (Oh the Irony) so thank you for the explanation.

#345531 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 13 March 2015 - 08:46 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

#345472 Stupidly easy AT/EAT comfort-grip

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 11 March 2015 - 12:10 AM in Modifications

If you're looking for a slightly more refined way to customize your grips and add that extra factor of comport and luxury I recommend rubberizingthem.

#345422 Blog/Resource Link sticky?

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 09 March 2015 - 11:59 AM in Site Feedback

Chuckle.

It's best if you just read those on your own, as users are periodically warned/banned for linking to their youtube/blog/personal site. If it's not hosted on the Nerfhaven domain the administration doesn't want anything to do with it, which honestly makes sense. Their goal is to build Nerfhaven as an open source directory, not use it to promote individuals.

But since were on the subject, here is an amazing site that showcases a few very talented artists. Nerfenstein, Hypercats Network, Landgrave Customs, and Meadowhawk Designs to name a few.

#345316 Integration materials?

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 01 March 2015 - 09:05 PM in Modifications

I'll be looking for it in the Modification and Pantjob thread.

#345277 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 27 February 2015 - 10:41 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think this is all my newer stuff, more to come.

#345265 Integration materials?

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 27 February 2015 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure why you'd want to use casting resin.

Methacrylate is much cheaper, and is stronger than the ABS plastic Nerf blasters are made of.

#345263 Integration materials?

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 27 February 2015 - 06:55 PM in Modifications

Any hardware store, Wal-Mart, most retail locations.

Anything made by Devcon is most likely methacrylate; Loctite makes some as well, look for the term 'Plastic Bonder' on the package.

Before you buy any product take a look at the back of the packaging, if it doesn't list Methacrylate under active ingredients don't buy it.

#345258 Rapid Madness. Grab some scissors.

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 27 February 2015 - 05:11 PM in Modifications

Baller, as always sir.

Here's just a tad bit more information. Feel free to steal my pics and add them to your original album.

#345256 Integration materials?

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 27 February 2015 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

Epoxy putty on the outside, Methacrylate on the inside.

#345160 Hart Ranch HvZ

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 22 February 2015 - 04:32 AM in Nerf Wars

As of right now, the record is held by Washington University with a total of 461 people.

Although the Guinness World Record website is currently experiencing malfunctions so this cannot be confirmed.

The actual record title is "Toy Pistol Fight"

#345146 Guinness World Record Attempt

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 21 February 2015 - 01:20 PM in Nerf Wars

It was indeed an interesting event. I actually wasn't aware I was supposed to be selling my gear until I actually got to the event. Fun little surprise, all I sold was a stock Deploy and a painted BuzzBee UltimateRapidBlast.

Still, had a good time in Cincinnati. The next day, Sunday, Father Time and the rest of the Cinci hoodlums hosted an actual war. Their little shindigs are always enjoyable, and I never regret going. Except that one time it rained, fuck you rain.

#344928 BOOMco Dynamag glory

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 10 February 2015 - 11:28 AM in Modifications

Gentlemen, your both pretty

It does do a fine job of clearing a 20rd clip.

It does get through a twenty.

I'm glad we can agree. I, too, own a Rapid Madness and can concur that it does indeed cycle an entire 20rd clip.

If were feeling adventurous I could do a chronograph session and calculate average fps drop per dart fired, but I'd rather not. If you really crave the knowledge head on over to the Rapid Madness thread and we can banter over the finer points. For now, lets keep this thread about the Dynamag.

I did not apply tape to the clip as I am doing my best to not modify the clips and leave them factory original.

Fair enough, I just thought a clip mod would be the easiest for newbies to correct the feeding problem.

Seriously you need to write to BOOMco, tell them to put stronger springs in. Who knows, they may even give you some kickback for catching the flaw, the sooner the better.

#344921 BOOMco Dynamag glory

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 10 February 2015 - 10:25 AM in Modifications

Nice.

Quick and simple fix for a feature that should have worked in the first place. Here's hoping your efforts get noticed by BOOMco and they start manufacturing them with stronger springs.

Did you happen to try a thin layer of tape on the edges of the clips? This was the go-to fix for the Magstrike, just wondering if that method still hold some merit; it would be a lot easier for the common consumer to build up the clips than replace the springs.

A must-do for any serious player.

#344885 A new barreling material

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 09 February 2015 - 12:50 AM in Darts and Barrels

I have used it before, but I just ahoved it in 1/2 pvc to overcome the curving in it.

Did you 'cure' it in the PVC? That is to say, you then removed the pex after it had been straitened out or did you use it while it was inside the PVC?

#344880 A new barreling material

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 08 February 2015 - 10:01 PM in Darts and Barrels

Was it pex tubing?

Assuming this is what OP has found.

Pex, or Sharkbite, doesn't make the best barreling material. They are shipped, and often sold, rolled up on spools. The tubing is fairly malleable and almost always retains the curvature of the spool making it useless for longer barrels... unless your trying to fire around corners and pull off some "Wanted" BS.

#344788 Flywheel Coating

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 04 February 2015 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

Anything you put on flywheels will come off, and is a waste of material.

After a dozen or so darts going through the wheels you'll get a natural build-up of blue foam residue that will achieve optimal grip.

No need to put anything on the wheels, just run a few clips through your blaster.

#344554 Rave's Quick Tips- add/replace springs!

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 24 January 2015 - 12:01 PM in Modifications

There's a Beaver quote about owning idea's around here somewhere...

This method has been around since people started modifying blasters, please don't attribute absolutely everything to your mythical YouTube god. According to that logic, he invented Silicone grease, and teflon tape, and Epoxy putty, and paintjobs!

#344477 Rampage priming problem

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 21 January 2015 - 10:21 AM in Modifications

Yes, Pictures.

A common problem is that you've applied too much Silicone grease. Remove your catch and plunger tube, completely wipe off the catch and clean out the catch notch in the plunger tube.

Just a shot in the dark, but it's something that happens quite a bit.

#344420 NERF MEGA RotoFury Blaster

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 19 January 2015 - 09:10 PM in News

Posted Image

Since we seem to be gun-ho about unreleased blasters here's the new "Doominator"

Looks like a jamfest to me.

#344272 boomco rapid madness blaster

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 14 January 2015 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

Well, the Rapid Madness isn't actually a Nerf product. It's made by Hasbro's competitor Mattel and is part of the BOOMco line.

All I can tell you is to open it up and compare it to the pictures below.

Posted Image

If you want a Nerf blaster, theN-Strike Magstrikeis about as close as they come.

Good Luck!

#343972 Stryfe battery

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 06 January 2015 - 10:13 AM in Modifications

Those are 18650 cells, they are not the standard AA sized cells.

They have an even worse current draw than *fires.

#343930 Rough Cut Dual Trigger Fix

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 05 January 2015 - 10:31 AM in Modifications

What idiot told you to post this here?

Lol, good work!

#343828 Interest in a SouthEast Ohio war?

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 02 January 2015 - 03:14 PM in Nerf Wars

If you don't want to go to the weekly wars in Cincinnati you could check these guys out.

#343827 Kid safe mods/Darts

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 02 January 2015 - 03:10 PM in Modifications

These are the darts you want, don't waste time with heavier silicone and shitty suction darts, buy some of these and rejoice.

#343728 "Koosh" darts

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 26 December 2014 - 01:00 PM in Darts and Barrels

I thought we settled this.

Both sellers have updated their listings to include a new gluing quality control check, you shouldnt be having any issues with loose heads anymore.

Go out and buy Koosh darts.

#343588 Where To Get Best Deal On Large Quantity's of E-putty

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 16 December 2014 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

How does 68¢ per tube sound?

Pretty fucking great right? Good thing you need large quantities, because the minimum order is over 7,000 tubes.

#343405 How to make a mold for 1 dart

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 09 December 2014 - 08:18 PM in Darts and Barrels

You seem to think that making heads from hotglue is a good idea? Are you using anything as a stem for the head, if not I doubt you have a working dart.

Silicone molds make heads in the hundreds, and in a much safer material, without the need to rip apart a perfectly good MEGA dart :ph34r:

#342846 REAL Banana Clip!

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 13 November 2014 - 02:31 PM in General Nerf

Get in line...

#342834 Koosh Darts

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 12 November 2014 - 01:54 PM in Darts and Barrels

I have some experience with bulk buy 'Koosh' darts. My first order of 1,000 was from the seller Beautifulwomen and were green shafts. The glue was subpar and many heads were lost in combat.

My next order of 1,000 was from YuToys, and they were the blue foam shafts. These darts were of much better glue quality, but their shafts had a large fluctuation in diameter. Some were .49 some were .51, making these abnormal darts really shitty in springer and airpowered blasters.

I am of the opinion that there are more than one manufacturer of these darts. These manufacturers are most likely only selling on eBay, sell strait to the customer for the highest profit.

For each of my 1,000 bulk buys I contacted the eBay seller and was given a deal both times. I paid just over 9¢ a dart.

#342681 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 03 November 2014 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#342645 Sch 80 PVC.

Posted by Duke Wintermaul on 02 November 2014 - 04:33 PM in Off Topic

Menards is the only local store that I've seen carrying Sch. 80, but chances are you have different retailers around you than I.

If you can't find any at a brick and mortar store here is a link is purchase some from an online retailer.