Salmon's Content

There have been 393 items by Salmon (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#141106 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 18 February 2008 - 06:24 PM in General Nerf

Ok, so here are my thoughts
Posted Image
I'm scared of what FA_24's going to do.

Ok, time for me to put in some more input, so

1) There are 27 links on the chain. 25 of them can hold darts. The two on either end apparently are bolt-thingys.

2) The AR's shouldnt be too hard to drill out, and besides, you act like you didn't expect there to be any AR's.

3) I think they might have developed a new kind of dart, since the darts flying out of the gun on the box don't seem like screamer darts.

4) FA-24 might not even do a mod for this if it isn't good.

EDIT: Dang, OberonFox beat me to the first point I made.

#140817 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 17 February 2008 - 03:20 PM in General Nerf

Wow, I didn't notice that. Maybe a on/off switch, or a jam door...?

*speculation begins*

#140809 My Maverick (not Ar) Mod Isnt Working!

Posted by Salmon on 17 February 2008 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

Wow... I'm really an idiot........... I got to cut the straws down a lot.... I't might not work but keep posting guys.

They would both do the same thing... I just didn't have expanding foam stuff.

They would both do the same thing........ So i don't see the problem with that.

Wow....you....really....use...alot of ellipses'....

All critisism of noobs aside, from looking at your video again, it didn't look like you cut down the caulk much. Or at all. Because in this Dragonteuthis guy's mod, he said you were supposed to cut down the foam so the air restric....................................................... *headslap* you did put the air restrictors back in, didn't you? I totally screwed my first mav by not doing that, and immeadiatly throwing the AR's all away.

EDIT: I looked at your video again, and it seems you did put the AR's back in, but you put AR's then foam. Thats not how it works. You put the straw in, then foam around the straw, then cut the foam and the straw down to where its level, then put the AR's on top.

#140805 Keep Your Goo Guage From Exploding!

Posted by Salmon on 17 February 2008 - 01:52 PM in Modifications

Wait...The goo guage doesn't explode?

Dang, that sounds hilarious. I don't know why, but something about it makes me want to sig the living daylights out of that quote. Too bad I would have to erase my other sig that I love so much, by rawshrimp...

Aww, forget about it. added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

#140774 My Maverick (not Ar) Mod Isnt Working!

Posted by Salmon on 17 February 2008 - 12:03 PM in Modifications

Straws? Hm? You did a straw mod? Well, then you probably didn't get a good enough seal. Also, try some capitalization, punctuation, and grammar. That always helps.

#140686 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 16 February 2008 - 08:36 PM in General Nerf

That's either an adult, or a really ugly kid with a mullet. I actually prefer the second, just because if NERF put adults on thier gun boxes, that would be a little creepy. Then again, maybe they are targeting the older Nerfers/modders like us.

#140682 Single Tek Overhaul

Posted by Salmon on 16 February 2008 - 07:58 PM in Modifications

Great job, I can't wait to go and try this out. One question though, couldn't you just put the slider back on?

#140624 Crossbow On American Gladiator

Posted by Salmon on 16 February 2008 - 05:13 PM in General Nerf

I found this while searching around on Google for the Vulcan.

http://biz.yahoo.com...05229.html?.v=1

The interesting thing:

While navigating the 'Assault' course contenders must avoid getting pelted by balls launched at them from a Gladiator wielding a NERF blaster. The 'Assault' course features counter-strike weaponry including NERF branded air cannons and cross bows.

It said crossbow! They are going to use crossbows on American Gladiator. My question is, where would they get them? They could be those little off-brand orange crossbows, but they said "NERF branded", so I'm a little confused.

Discuss.

#140621 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 16 February 2008 - 04:47 PM in General Nerf

I still think the little orange box on the side is a battery holder, and you put the chain in from the other side.

#140524 Nerf War Objectives And Props

Posted by Salmon on 16 February 2008 - 12:14 AM in Nerf Wars

I was thinking about making a pump-up nerf grenade, but it didn't really work in the end.

#140503 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 15 February 2008 - 09:51 PM in General Nerf

I second that, AssasinNF. It won't be a crank-turn (obviously), but it will be alot like a Razorbeast. Also, I think that box on the side might be used for battery storage :lol: Well, it is 6 D batterys.

#140483 Texas War (wtno)

Posted by Salmon on 15 February 2008 - 06:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Hi you guys, I have never been or had a NERF war of any sort, but I've always wanted to go to one. I'm not positive I can come, because San Angelo is about three hours away from me, but I'll try. No Singled Big Blasts, though? My only two good air guns I have are a Titan-mav integration, and a SBB. So, just throwing that out there.

#140472 Curious...

Posted by Salmon on 15 February 2008 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

Balls are (in my opinion) useless because nobody uses them,

Just saying, you should probably edit that, because you could get added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole. Like really easily.

#140098 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by Salmon on 13 February 2008 - 10:44 PM in General Nerf

Well, I'm really new to nerf, since I practically didn't even know what it was, but...hmm... I think my sister might have gotten me that gun thats green and has a pump, as in the one Groove integrated into his beloved Xbow, or something once for my birthday.

#140043 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 13 February 2008 - 08:24 PM in General Nerf

Has anyone else noticed that the letter/digit combo at the end of the names of N-STRKE Blasters usually say the type of gun, and the amount of ammo it holds? examples:

CS-6: Clip Shooter-6 darts
REV-8: Revolver-8 darts
EBF-25: Electronically Belt Fed-25 darts

Back on topic, this thing sounds like a mini-beast. Might be hard to mod. :mellow:

#139777 Hasbro Releases Recon On Website

Posted by Salmon on 12 February 2008 - 06:14 PM in General Nerf

The Targets at Austin, TX, have em.

#139474 New Nerf Stuff In Canada.

Posted by Salmon on 10 February 2008 - 01:38 PM in General Nerf

I know that Forsaken_angel24 said he saw this, but heres a picture.
green scout

The green scout TTG is crazy. I liked the old TTG. I'm glad my local Target still has em. I better go get one fast, along with a blue Hornet. :D

Now I have question. If the gun is out in stores, why isn't it on the Nerf website yet?

If you are talking about the Recon, I have absolutely no idea. I'm waiting for them to come out with even a commercial at this point.

#139424 Office Tag Speculation

Posted by Salmon on 09 February 2008 - 09:13 PM in General Nerf

Um... maybe something like a smdtg, except smaller, so you could hide it under a business shirt, but I think it will mainly be a bunch of re-made Airtechs and stuff, so don't get your hopes too high. :unsure:

#139344 Knex Gun Site Looking For Tips

Posted by Salmon on 08 February 2008 - 06:51 PM in General Nerf

I started modding because I read the DO NOT MODIFY DART OR DART BLASTER warning on a nerf gun.

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole

#139343 Airgun-maverick

Posted by Salmon on 08 February 2008 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

The slide is attacked to the breech, which consists of a 9/16” outer, and 17/32” bolt and inner barrel.

Attacked? Huh? You mean attached. Or...do you? :unsure:

#139338 New Nerf Stuff In Canada.

Posted by Salmon on 08 February 2008 - 06:00 PM in General Nerf

Ok, what's this now about a blue Hornet? I think the Titan is great, and all, since it was one of my first Nerf guns(I'm new to Nerf, I never new how fun toy guns could be :unsure: ), I always thought the six shots of doom-eyness on the Hornet rocked. And I love blue. So... where did you guys see em?

Also, PointBlank, where do you live? The Recon was out everywhere, I thought.

#139169 Lotr Crossbow.

Posted by Salmon on 07 February 2008 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

I see a Recon in the lower left corner of the 11th pic. Do you have something planned for that, too? Makes me nervous just thinking about what a beast you might be able to turn that thing into. :blink:

Great job on the gun, also.

#139163 Nerf On Frappr

Posted by Salmon on 07 February 2008 - 05:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Joined as Salmon in Austin TX

#139151 Arr!

Posted by Salmon on 07 February 2008 - 04:16 PM in Homemades

You can't make an automatic Nerf gun that operates on a single breech that would fire any faster than a semi-automatic without it mangling the darts.

Yeah... I tried. Except mine was a springer.

#139132 A Semi-auto, No-priming Springer

Posted by Salmon on 07 February 2008 - 02:32 PM in Homemades

Oh, all right. :( Kinda dissapointed, cuz I thought "Ya know, that would be one heck of a gun if you didn't have to prime it" but, oh well. Maybe someone much brainier than me can make something like this better. I'll be waiting, CS, Carbon, FA-24, etc. B)

#139067 A Semi-auto, No-priming Springer

Posted by Salmon on 06 February 2008 - 11:15 PM in Homemades

Semi-automatic springer is kind of an oxymoron anyways. The amount of force any of your fingers can comfortably pull on their own is only around 4 or 5 pounds (2 or 3 being much less strenuous). And that's not enough to propel a foam dart any useful distance.
To reach 80 feet you're going to need a minimum of 15 pounds of force pushing a plunger that has a diameter of atleast 3/4".

Ok, I got it. But one thing I don't quite understand is the part I quoted above. Doesn't a spring just need to compressed? Or does it depend on how hard you pull it? Or is it the first, but you have to exert some amount of force anyways on the trigger? And is there any way if I did make this I could make the trigger pull easier?

Anyways, thanks for replying. Its my first thread, so I was kind of nervous. :blush: I hope more people will reply!

#139033 A Semi-auto, No-priming Springer

Posted by Salmon on 06 February 2008 - 09:47 PM in Homemades

Ok, so there I was, walking along the aisles of Family Dollar, and I found a very interesting contraption. It was a small toy gun made of clear plastic that shot rubber pellets. I decided to get it just for novelty, and because I was curious. So I got home and tried it out. It got measly range, 15' at most, but then I realized that its barrel was pathetic, as was its plunger. But then I took another gaze through the transparent plastic and realized that it had no spring! Or so it seemed. Turns out, it was controlled by a torsion/return spring that was pressed against the trigger(perhaps weakly glued) that lightly pushed against the trigger, and then the end of the spring was glued to the end of the tiny plunger. So what happened was, you put the magazine in, pulll the trigger and release it quickly, and the plunger rod flies forward and hits the pellet out of the barrel. I thought about this for a while, got on MSPaint, and drew my self a diagram of how to (possibly) convert it to a homemade foam-spitter. My only problem is, it would be SUPER hard to pull the trigger, because my homemade gun idea has a compression spring as well as a torsion/return spring thingy. And it would probably not get good range. So, without further adieu, here it is, my MSPaint. And my question to you is, is it possible?

Posted Image

#139024 What Is So Good About The Nightfinder?

Posted by Salmon on 06 February 2008 - 08:48 PM in General Nerf

Why do I love the NiteFinder? Oh, let me count the ways...

1.Moderately easy to mod, gets great results
2.Cool looking, particularly with a paintjob
3.People are always thinking of new ways to mod them like here and here and more recently here
4.Easy to cock, and the cocking mechanism is nearly begging for mods
5.Ample room, if you remove the "laser" bit, that is, for a small internal integration(I believe Starbuck does it here.

#139015 New Stuff?

Posted by Salmon on 06 February 2008 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

I know the "office line" and the uber-mysterious "Vulcan" are both coming out. And the Recons out like everywhere.

No no no, both the "Office Line" and Vulcan came up in that interview of future projects. That does not mean it's going to come out in 2008. It might, but just don't get upset when you find nothing on those this year. It could come this fall, or fall of 2010, no one really knows.

Hmm, you have a point there. I thought it was in jwasko's thread on the hasbro audio clip, but I guess that doesn't mean 2008. Have to say, I'm kinda excited about that Vulcan. I mean, the "biggest, baddest Nerf gun ever"? I expect that to shoot at least a hundred feet :rolleyes: Just kidding. Seriously, though, you have to wonder.

#138887 New Stuff?

Posted by Salmon on 05 February 2008 - 10:02 PM in General Nerf

I know the "office line" and the uber-mysterious "Vulcan" are both coming out. And the Recons out like everywhere.

WTF is with the trade? Do you mean a LS for a Mav and a Secret Strike? Then NO, that's not a good deal at all. Actually, if you're as much as a noob as your post implies you are, get the Maverick. You just might be able to modify it. Maybe.

#138428 Big Bad Problem

Posted by Salmon on 03 February 2008 - 06:33 PM in General Nerf

I own two BBB's, and this happened to one. How did you put the nubs in? The little curved square should be where the line thingy on it is horizontal, and most importantly, it has to be ON TOP OF, NOT next to or under, the litttle line that the plunger rod is connected to. It won't seen like it fits at first, until you put on the shell, but it does and is absolutely crucial to the mechanism working. If you can't understand, PM me and I'll post some pics. Hope this helps!

#138301 The Snap-duo

Posted by Salmon on 02 February 2008 - 11:02 PM in Homemades

Yeah, I'm a total noob, so I'm probably making some huge mistake, but, theoretically, couldn't you make several different barrel attachments, such as one normal one, one silencer, one turret, one inline clip, one shotgun(as in a barrel that loads more than one dart), etc? Or would that be much to hard?

#138181 B20

Posted by Salmon on 01 February 2008 - 11:14 PM in Modifications

Awesome. Really effin' awesome. Two really good guns intertwining thier plastic rods and joints and combining to make one beast of a gun. It looks a little shaky overall, but still pretty cool. But, uhh... what's that bottlecap or whatever glued to the side of the gun in the first pic?