Kansas City 1706's Content

There have been 22 items by Kansas City 1706 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#328266 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 21 March 2013 - 10:26 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Posted Image

I built a snap pistol using MIG's 1 inch CPVC coulpler method. The only change is that I cut it in half and sanded it to fit in the 1 1/4 inch PVC, as well as I cut a 1/2 inch PVC coupler in half and gooped that into the 1 inch coupler. I had to use painters tape as a spacer between the 1 inch coupler and the 1/2 inch coupler because I was on vacation and didn't have the adequate materials. Anyway it has 5 inches of a [k26] and has a total of just over 3 inches of draw. I used a 1 1/4 inch drain plug sandwiched between 2 washers to make my plunger head.

FUN FACT: [k26] springs fit in 1/2 inch PVC couplers but can't pass through the ridge in the middle.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I used the other half of both couplers on the back for a spring rest.

#319728 The Official Internals Directory

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 02 August 2012 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

This post has some errors. Under 'Nerf' where it says elimenator, the picture is of reflex internals

#320085 Mayhem - IL War!

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 07 August 2012 - 01:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Just found out that my friend can't go. Also would N-Force weapons be allowed?? Such as the Warlock Axe or Vantage Sword?

#320623 Mayhem - IL War!

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 17 August 2012 - 05:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah I hope I can make it. But thankfully my cousin is ok, he was just driving down the road when one of the U-joints snaped and he lost control and ran strait into a light pole.

#320442 Mayhem - IL War!

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 14 August 2012 - 09:34 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm almost certian that I can make it, but if something comes up last minute I may not be able to go.

#320582 Mayhem - IL War!

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 16 August 2012 - 06:51 PM in Nerf Wars

My chances of going just dropped down to 10%. My cousin wrecked my dad's truck. He may not get it back untill Mon. But my mom may be able to take me though. It all depends on her work schedule.

#319488 Mayhem - IL War!

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 30 July 2012 - 06:32 PM in Nerf Wars

#319466 Mayhem - IL War!

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 30 July 2012 - 01:56 PM in Nerf Wars

I may be able to go. Do you charge admission?

#319489 Mayhem - IL War!

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 30 July 2012 - 06:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll also invite my friend. He may or may not come, but the drive time for me is 6 1/2 hours so I hope nothing else comes up on my schedule. Also would something like this be allowd? http://www.ebay.com/...=item484653ff99

#316879 Nerf War In Kansas!

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 11 June 2012 - 01:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, Tornado here, just wondering if anyone would come to a Kansas Nerf War. I have two great locations, one is indoor one is outdoor. I will try to post pictures later. Like in the Season Of Foam thread noted it would be cool if you guys could drop-in. That means we would have to organize the date around the time that you would be here. Just wondering if anyone would come. If you vote in the poll please post a reply so I could add you to the list. If you want to see the pictures for the places first wait to vote so then I can see where you guys want to hold it.

Thanks ~Tornado

EDIT: As it says in the post above, please post if you can come or if your a maybe!!!

YES I would definitely go to a Kansas Nerf war!!! To me I personally think I am the only Nerffer in the state of Kansas.

#347529 Nerf Hammershot Mod Guide (PICTURE HEAVY)

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 29 June 2015 - 05:56 PM in Modifications

Hello NerfHaven! It has been a long time since I made a contribution to this community, I've been out of the game for a while so I figured now would be just as good as any to jump back in! Without anymore bland storytelling, let's get onto the mod.

This is what we will be modding.

Posted Image

Here are the tools required for this mod,
Posted Image

and for those of you who want to know the exact brand of grease I use,
Posted Image

First step, take out all the screws as seen here,
Posted Image

Next, place all the screws (which are all the same size) along with your NStrike rail attachment piece somewhere safe,
Posted Image

This is what your blaster should look like when it is open and all of the outer screws have been removed.
Posted Image

Next, pop the internals out of the shell and remove the three screws that hold the hammer and trigger in place,
Posted Image

Slide out the hammer assembly carefully,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Set the hammer assembly aside for now, we want to focus on the Air Restricter.

Take the rest of your internals and flip them over to the other side, you should see what look like little I beams holding in the plunger tube to the "frame".
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just gently pry the frame away from the plunger tube with your hands until you can wiggle the plunger tube free. Now look down the back of the plunger tube, you should see three white pegs that hold a little plate in the front of the tube, that is the base of the Air Restricter.
Posted Image

Take your pair of needle nose pliers and very carefully pry and twist those pegs. Then pull them out carefully, not to scratch the plunger tube.
Posted Image

Make sure to pull the gunk and orange peg in the front of the plunger tube out as well.
Posted Image

Reassemble the plunger tube into the frame.

Now its time to work with the plunger assembly
Posted Image

Wipe off the factory lube and apply a thin coat of your own, this is to make sure you get a good air seal.

Getting the trigger back in place is a pain if you haven't done it before.
Once the plunger assembly is back in to its original spot, you need to make sure it is all the way forward and the trigger spring is in this position.
Posted Image

You need to line up the smaller hole on the trigger with this spring for it to work correctly.
Posted Image

Once that is in now its time to work on the turret. Take your pair of pliers and twist on the back of the dart pegs and rip them out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Next you want to take your knife and VERY CAREFULLY shave off the excess burrs and whatnot that are on the back of the turret from the dart pegs.
Posted Image

Now just reassemble everything back into the shell in the opposite order you removed it from.
Posted Image

Make sure when installing the turret, that the flat portion of the pictured tab is facing DOWN, otherwise your shell will not close fully and you will risk cracking a screw port if you over tighten it.
Posted Image

Then all you have to do is just close it up and put the screws back in, then presto! You have a sidearm worthy Hammershot!

#347530 2015 Mod Contest Submission Thread

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 29 June 2015 - 06:00 PM in Modifications

Nerf Hammershot Mod Guide!

Posted Image

#324877 Dremel Recommendations

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 29 December 2012 - 03:22 AM in Modifications

Personaly I use an older model of the Dremel called the Multi pro, it is very similar to today's version of the 4000. I think that it is awesome if you use the right bits. You can make great wooden handels as well as being able to use variable speeds.

#319993 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 05 August 2012 - 09:45 PM in Off Topic

I know this sounds stupid, but could you make a section about how few wars and big Nerf events happen in the Midwest? (Kansas for example)

#324751 Happy Holidays!

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 26 December 2012 - 03:23 AM in Off Topic

Happy Holidays!!!
In total I received a ,Retaliator, Rampage with bonus 18 round clip, Stryfe, Rough Cut, Rayven (not an elite one), 30 elite darts, an I-beam pump Air Zone Panther, $50 Lowes gift card, and $100 cash to put towards a few new tools.

(Hopefully I will have pics up later.)

#319995 Blaster census information required!

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 05 August 2012 - 10:09 PM in General Nerf

I would love some rockets!!! :ph34r:

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

#326702 Interesting 1" CPVC coupler find.

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 11 February 2013 - 08:53 PM in Homemades

And yes the 1 1/4" pvc from Lowes does work with the 1" cpvc fittings. Thanks MiG for finding this. I am currently making my own version of an AABow using a 1" cpvc tee. Another thing is that with just a little e-tape a 1/2" pvc coupler fits perfectly into the 1" cpvc tee/coupler, and so does a 3/4" cpvc endcap. Thus, I can easily attach the bow arms and with a little dremel work I can get to the 1/2" pvc coupler to add whatever barrel system I choose.

-KC1706

#324152 Interesting 1" CPVC coupler find.

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 05 December 2012 - 06:54 PM in Homemades

Interesting... I just happen to have some 1" cpvc laying around my house. Although the stuff I have is more of a pinkish-orangeish color that is labeled to be used as sprinkler pipe. But once again mig you are constantly amazing me.

-KC1706

#321254 HAPPY

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 30 August 2012 - 03:24 PM in Off Topic

opps I just realized this was from a while ago. Moderators please don't add any more to my warn status.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

#321253 Koosh

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 30 August 2012 - 03:18 PM in Off Topic

[quote name='hamoidar' timestamp='1346281967' post='321210']
Kansas got a Tornado :P

LoL I never would have thunk of that.

#321204 Koosh

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 29 August 2012 - 05:05 PM in Off Topic

I agree.

If you do get the mold perfected, and you do start selling them, how much would it cost per ring? Or would you price them in lots?

Because I am very interested because I recently got a Tornado over the summer, aswell as 3 rings.

KC1706

#319007 N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire

Posted by Kansas City 1706 on 22 July 2012 - 08:07 PM in General Nerf

It's $49.99 USD!!!! Here's the link: http://www.amazon.co...m2&tag=sgn06-20

And yes, I know that Nerf Haven isn't a "link site" meaning that the site is full of nothing but links to other sites, but I figured that finding a Hail-Fire on Amazon was an important discovery.