Wisey's Content

There have been 57 items by Wisey (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#132586 Workplace.

Posted by Wisey on 15 December 2007 - 08:07 PM in Homemades

Heres my bedroom workplace (I may post "the back shed" tomorow, it's a shed big enough for two cars and is filled with nothing but the most pointless junk you have ever seen...) it's quite small.

Things to note:
* Walmart bag - I live in England, we don't have Walmart over here we have ASDA. My Longshot came wraped in Walmart bag, so I stuck it to my wall.
* The Belt Trafic sticker is cool.
* The Fleetwood Mac CD isn't mine.
* However, the Versus the Mirror and early Atreyu CD's underneath it, are.
* My typeing has no emotion whatsoever. "LOL!!".
* There are 15 guns (ALL working !!!) under my desk in the last piture. Although you can only see about 10. A prize goes to whoever can find at least 10.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PS: Someone PM me if the pictures are far too big, as it fits on my screen. - Thanks bobafan

#132580 Dtg Help

Posted by Wisey on 15 December 2007 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

You could try some of my bodge-ary and do some lazy internal banding:

All you need to do is open her up and wrap a couple of those big elastic bands around the end of the plunger rod and forwads to the screw mount things, like so:

http://i83.photobuck...rf/IMG_3228.jpg

Just be careful they don't fly off anf hit you in the face or something. You could try more than two, but I found the shell of the gun started to bend at two, and the two shell halfs didn't meet up properly till I put some screws in.

http://i83.photobuck...rf/IMG_3225.jpg

It seems to add a fair bit more power, although I havn't range tested it yet, and it took me less than 10mins to do. It might just have the power to get your darts out of those tight-ass barrels (I quite like FA's comparison XD).

PS: I linked because I cba to resize...

#132330 Single Tek

Posted by Wisey on 13 December 2007 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

I was thinking of picking one of these up from my local Tesco and seeing what I could do with it. I still might do.

It's pretty ugly though. Although it looks alot better now you've cut the body down a bit.

#132328 Lilith, The Nerf Crossbow

Posted by Wisey on 13 December 2007 - 06:14 PM in Modifications

Good mod, looks very nice. I'm liking the neatness of the breach.

Just another reason why I want a xbow...

It's very pretty ^^

P.S. ~ FA24, one word: Fez.

Ingenious.

#131908 What Kind Of Darts Do You Prefer?

Posted by Wisey on 10 December 2007 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

Stefans are by far the best (and the quickest way to give your gun like 20ft at least more range). They're also more accurate.

Taggers are also the only good stock dart (as far a Nerf (Hasbro) are consernd anyway). Streamlines arn't too bad either.

And sucktion cup ones are the worset by far. Well, they're okay in stock guns, and say an NF or Mav with just the AR's removed. But put them in anything more modded than that and the fish tail like crazy. Fro example: i have two Scouts, one has a Mav spring in it as well as the stock spring (and a stronger trigger spring) and the other is stock (Apart from both have had there AR's removed). The stock gets twice the range of the modded one with sucktion cup darts, dispite being less powerful. And of course the modded one beats it in every other way...

EDIT: Also, if you suck at making them (or can't be arse/find the stuff to make them) then check out ebay for Stefans, theres loads of good ones.

#131755 Console Wars

Posted by Wisey on 09 December 2007 - 04:36 AM in Off Topic

I am pretty happy with my V Smile. Dance'n Learn is a step above DDR and Disney Princess:The Crystal Ball Adventure is one of the best platformers I have ever played. Above all that when I'm done playing I really feel like I have learned something.

I believe the term is "LOL!". Haha, seriuously though, the V Smile is an amazing pice of kit.

=P

I somehow knew that the 360 would get the most votes. Well, so far anyway...

#131727 Console Wars

Posted by Wisey on 08 December 2007 - 08:55 PM in Off Topic

From what I hear a lot of developers are having problems developing games for games for it and stuff like that. The Wii is fun and innovative, the 360 has the best games, and the PS3 has a shit ton of sweet processors and gear like that. I could blabber on for a while longer, but I think you get my point.

Hum, I havn't heard anything about that myself (devopers having problems), but I do know one small issue, and that is, games like NFS: Carbon and FEAR, that are on both the 360 and PS3, look better on the 360 because production isn't in full swing for the PS3 yet. Thats the ONLY thing I don't like about the PS3 the launch titles are kinda pants, but then agian, so were the PS2 ones.

not to mention it has LIVE (which is, undoubtedly, the best out of all the Next-Gen systems).

I have used LIVE at a friends house, and it's pretty well thought out and everything. But the PS3 has pretty much the same deal (friends lists, servers etc etc) as LIVE, but for, well, free.

This is stupider than asking what nerf gun is the best

Okay, I've changed the sub title now, to which do you prefer. Happy? Probably not, but okay...

I'm just intrested to know what people think of the consoles and which they would go for.

EDIT: The laptop i'm using now was £1,500 new. Thats about $3000. Although it's about 3-4 years old now. My point is, I could build/buy a gaming PC i'm happy with for around £1000. It would run pretty much every game out atm with graphics on full without lag, I've looked into this. I've already looked into which to get (PS3, 360 or PC in my case) and i've chosen PS3. I just wanted to know what other people thought.

#131717 Console Wars

Posted by Wisey on 08 December 2007 - 07:59 PM in Off Topic

Well it's winter where I am, and probably where most of you lot are. So it's just a bit too cold to go outside and Nerf (or do something else).

So, you're bored and inside, with nothing to do, no guns to mod (or in my case break atm).

To cure you're boredum now and over the holidays, which one would you rather hook up to your TV?

My personal choice would be a PS3 because they look pretty cool (should be getting the 60GB one for Xmas ^^) and are technical better in every way to all the other consoles atm. You can even install other OS's on it... and use most USB devices and bluetooth headsets/stuff.

Also, new GTA and UT next year for it. F**king awesome.

PS: If anyone cares UT3 will be the first console game to feature full blown mods, like a PC (the only downside to this is that you need 8GB's of HDD to 'install' it on). The PC modding/editing package acctualy has a "Export to PS3" button and will technical allow entire new games to be with it. You could even make BioShock or Gears of War for PS3 if you had the technical expertise and a few years to spare. Whereas, the Xbox 360 version won't have any of this, AND you'll still have to pay for Live becuase Micrsoft suck major balls.

#131712 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Wisey on 08 December 2007 - 07:28 PM in News

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon here and speculate some more.

Now when comparing it to a LS I think it's not going to have as much potential, simply because it's smaller and has a sliding cocker (haha, ahem..).

But, when you look at it, the internals of a LS in a way are quite close to fitting inside the shell of the recon. If you cut off the entire frount barrel, and the stock, the Recon pistol and the remains of your LS would be similar lenghts. IMO. So, I dicided to make a picture to see if I could guess anything else (I know it's already been done, but not with the internals of an LS or with my sexy red lines).

Posted Image

Now, the last picture of the internals is defantly not the right scale (it's also inverted, for those of you who hadn't noticed) compared to the other ones. But, as you can see, even if the internals of the LS could be cut down in a similar way, you wouldn't be able to cock it, becuase the cocking bit of the LS is right at the back, so the Recon must have a very different way of cocking. Maybe the plunger rod has a catch on it, like most other spring guns (the most obvious example being the NF).

Most people have touch on one or more of three things about the Recon:
- It's not gonna be as good as the LS.
- It's a clipped pistol "ZOMG!!1".
- It looks cool.

I for one agree with all of them. Although, all of you that said anything about performance compared it to the LS. Maybe if we compare it to a different gun. One more in terms of size (of the functioning body of the Recon, not the extras) then, I think it's gonna be pretty f**king cool.

Hum, i've just said what everone else has said, nevermind...

#131623 Outtakes Of Nerf

Posted by Wisey on 07 December 2007 - 07:35 PM in General Nerf

I quite like this topic.

In a war, I once got two headshots in a row with a PowerClip at range. Still with 8 darts remaning.
Nuff said.

Also, sometimes me and my friend sit about 30-40ft from each other outside, with all the guns we own loaded, shared out equally and scattard around us. And then just shoot each other for the heck of it (this is usaly to celbrate a good day of modding/fixing or we count how many shots we get on each other (this mainly becuase this is a bit different from your average 1v1). It's fun. But quite painful when your friend has a modded BBB... 30-40ft may not be far, but this makes it; more fun, more painful, and so that we can still hit other with stock/crap guns. We don't stop till we can reach any darts from our sitting possitions.

#131616 What Do Other People Think Of Nerf?

Posted by Wisey on 07 December 2007 - 07:02 PM in General Nerf

My parents don't mind me nerfing, They just think I have TOO MANY nerf guns. I have like 15. I am trying to convince them to let me buy more

I'm in the same boat. Not just with my perants, but some of my friends too and my girlfriend, which kinda sucks. My Mum dosn't mind it, but thinks it's a waste of money, and my Dad thinks it's a fun idea and thought my PowerClip was awesome.

Quite a few of my friends enjoy Nerf wars, but I've only got one friend (who's currently trying to get his account validated...) that mods guns like I do. Also, only 2 or 3 of my friends pay for guns, they just expect to use them... Although they said they'd pay for darts.

I only Nerf with my friends in mainly my garden (I have a pretty big garden) and some of my friends gardens, but as far I as know there isn't anyone else in the UK that Nerf's... well, not that I've seen anyway. Over here the only common guns are Mav's and NF's. So there isn't any wars that people go to...

#131450 Tommy Twenty

Posted by Wisey on 05 December 2007 - 12:54 PM in General Nerf

a.) The Tommy 20 is semi auto (needed to tell Wisey that)

Oops, thought it was. Well, either way, it's not that good...

#131443 Tommy Twenty

Posted by Wisey on 05 December 2007 - 04:01 AM in General Nerf

Not hot.

The Tommy Twenty is a pretty bad gun as far as i've read (most Nerfers here think it sucks) And my experiance with electric guns is always this: they suck.

I know you were thinking though, it's fully automatic, it's got a large ammo capacity and you don't ever have to pump or anything. But, there is very little you can do to mod it... as far as I know all you can do is wrap elastic bands around the wheels that "throw" the darts.

If I were you, I'd spend my money elsewere.

But if you like the gun i'd say it's probably quite fun, if a little pants. Check out FireBox.com they have to Tommy Twenty on there somewhere, and have customer videos (and sometimes there own videos) of products they sell.

#131338 Secret Shot 1 Mod

Posted by Wisey on 03 December 2007 - 06:16 PM in Modifications

Very nice write up.

So nice infact, that thanks to it (and someone posting in this topic from a bit back) that I've just purchased two off ebay ($5 + $35 shipping (I live in the UK, it is about £20 in total, therefore £10 for each SS)).

I'm going to do this mod to one (that is, if I can find a spring... but I'll do the rest), and something sligtly different to the other one.

I use too many brackets...

#131317 Hornet Help

Posted by Wisey on 03 December 2007 - 12:57 PM in Modifications

Humm, depends if it trys to pruessurise the v.short pipe. Shouldn't do though should it? Well, I don't think so.

I know, I'll find a small G-clamp and put it tight on the pipe and see if i can block the air, and see what happends then.

Thanks for your help I'll get back to you on what happends. =]

#131280 Hornet Help

Posted by Wisey on 02 December 2007 - 06:30 PM in Modifications

Okay, so I've got my account validated now. Which is good. ^^

I've also figured that filling it up with hotglue won't work becuase the tanks charge up and realase sepparatly. So filling it with hot glue would work for a bit, but the tank may break... unless theres separte over pressure valves on each of the tanks, which I very much dout.

*is still in need of help*

#131278 Airtech Trouble Shoot

Posted by Wisey on 02 December 2007 - 06:02 PM in Modifications

NOTE: I was posting as Davey! but now my account is validated ^^

The two slots, which are opposite but parallel to each other, are on the edge of the pump head. When the pump goes forward, the O-ring is forced into the back of its groove by friction, which creates a seal. Then the pump is pulled out, that same friction causes the O-ring to be moved to the front of its groove. This uncovers a hole in the back that allows air to travel under the O-ring and through the twin slots into the pump chamber. That's why it's important to keep them free of glue or other blocking agents.

Thanks for clearing that up for me SHA, thats what I ment by "air intake valve", I just didn't know where it was. I didn't realise it was part of the plunger head.

So, wait...the springy things do nothing?

The springs/wires that are inside or on the outside of pipes are there to stop the pipes from bending, for example, if you bent the pipe at a right angle the pipe would propbably close up and let little to no air though. They are also there to protect them from breaking. This is mainly for when the gun is assabled at a factory, so they can be assambled more quickly without the risk of pipe damage. They're mainly at places where the pipe could bend the most, or be most likely damaged.