NerfMonkey's Content

There have been 1000 items by NerfMonkey (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#306910 Pittsburgh War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 November 2011 - 10:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Theres great places for losing and all kinds of stuff.

#306832 Pittsburgh War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 02 November 2011 - 01:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah I'm still gonna be in New Orleans for Thanksgiving. I wanna see pictures and shit though. Make JM bring his camera. And I think you guys should bring back that pot luck war. That was fun.

You remember when I held up my bag of 3 apples and 2 bananas and you said "You're such a fucker!"

Ah, hot dogs and blue drank. Damn that was a good war.

#306780 Pittsburgh War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 November 2011 - 01:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry guys, I won't be back east for Thanksgiving this year. If there's a winter POW! I'll do my best to be there. Either way I'd like to see all of you in December/January.

#306285 Western Pa. Nerf Wars

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 October 2011 - 01:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I ruined the Pittsburgh Nerf scene about a year ago. Sorry about that one guys.

#305728 Pittsburgh War Awareness System

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 October 2011 - 06:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Double post for Gabriel

#305056 Possible Place for a nerf war

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 September 2011 - 12:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Hosting a war isn't hard, it just takes a little initiative and research if you're looking to use a park that you think will require a permit to use. Post a thread here with relevant information and possible dates and go from there. "I'm a newb" really isn't a valid excuse.

EDIT: Telling people you suck isn't a great way to get them interested either. Have some balls man. Good luck if you end up hosting a war.

#300648 POW! June

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 June 2011 - 01:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Totally cool as hell "war".

I really liked that Dom. Did you type it up in MS Word before posting it here?

I just tried to pack way too many exhausting activities into one weekend.

That's just how we rock 'n roll.

Thanks everybody for showing up. Sorry we were 2 1/2 hours late. Again.

#300232 POW! June

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 June 2011 - 01:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Dormont's cool. I've never been to Roundhill and wouldn't mind trying it out. Either one of those parks would be cool with me, or any of the other ones for that matter.

#299665 POW! June

Posted by NerfMonkey on 10 June 2011 - 04:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. Give me a call soon John, and also remind me about gas money. I can drive you Gabe.

EDIT: Hey Vacc, if you read through this thread could you please do me a small favor and give me 100% of the votes in the first poll question? It would really help my self-esteem.

#298225 MAYhem

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 May 2011 - 12:57 AM in Nerf Wars

I had a great time. It was a good war. Once again I planned on spending most of the day taking it easy and then ended up sprinting during every round. I crashed big time afterwards.

+Nerf war
+General Tso's chicken
+Iced tea
+Dumb fortune in my fortune cookie

-Driving home

It was nice having Mastodon there as a new player. I hope he goes to more wars. Thanks.

#297951 MAYhem

Posted by NerfMonkey on 10 May 2011 - 03:42 AM in Nerf Wars

That park looks amazing Dom. I approve. Needs a big steep hill that has to be climbed to get to the staging area, though. Is it in the same area as Armstrong/will it be as hard for a non-Pittsburghanite to get to?

#297933 MAYhem

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 May 2011 - 02:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I can take you higher, to a place with golden streets. I can take you higher, to a place where blind men see. It's called Pittsburgh.

#297882 MAYhem

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 May 2011 - 02:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. I'm probably gonna need to borrow a few darts, unless I can pump out a few hundred between Wednesday and Sunday.

EDIT: I had a dream about this war last night. We only played one round and it was a pistol round, and I made every shot I took. Best dream ever.

EDIT: Gabe

#296108 March To Glory

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 March 2011 - 02:07 PM in Nerf Wars

I agree with everything that's been said. It was a great war. I only used my 2k and shotgun but they both kicked ass. Thanks everyone for showing up, and for sticking it out for a few extra rounds at the end of the day.

#295760 March To Glory

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 March 2011 - 12:04 AM in Nerf Wars

I was going to make a terrible post with no capitalization or anything, but I didn't want to mess up my unbroken streak of 1730 grammatically near-perfect posts. I'm such a bitch.

But anyway, I'll be the one putting the BLOOD in the phrase "new blood." I'm gonna be using this special new kind of Stefan I made. It's weighted with rocks. And the FBR is made of rocks too. Bring the pain!

#294937 March To Glory

Posted by NerfMonkey on 22 February 2011 - 05:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I can pick you up I'm sure. So we're not doing a carpool deal this time since John will be back in Punxy right?

#294727 March To Glory

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 February 2011 - 10:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I might need to borrow darts from someone, doesn't matter if they fit my barrels or not. I don't have the supplies, time or motivation to make any of my own for this war.

#294302 Converting Super-soakers To Nerf Question.

Posted by NerfMonkey on 10 February 2011 - 02:54 AM in Modifications

I gave up on this place a long time ago because of the non friendly vibe

Clearly, since you're still posting.

#289206 Pow! November

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 November 2010 - 11:53 PM in Nerf Wars

After watching Speed Racer last night I passed out on my buddy's couch around 2:00 AM and woke up at noon to the sound of frying bacon and eggs. I dozed for a bit and hung out until 1:00 and then left. Not a bad war overall.

#288930 Pow! November

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 November 2010 - 12:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Not looking good guys. Saturday I will have just gotten back to grove city from Kentucky and I'd have to go to punxsy for my blasters and then go to the war. So. Probably not this time :P

I'm not going either then. It was already iffy, and I don't want to drive into/through Pittsburgh on my own. If there's a war over Christmas break I'll be there though.

#288680 Pow! November

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 November 2010 - 01:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Holy shit! I am so fucking pumped for this. Sunday's the day I'm coming back here so Saturday's my only day that I could make it, no promises though. Put me down as a maybe, and change the name of this war to "NerfMonkey's Christmas Eve Ballroom Bash!"

#287449 Countdown To Death

Posted by NerfMonkey on 24 October 2010 - 06:09 PM in Off Topic

How about a happy birthday LOLcat from the man of the hour?

#286647 Pow! Halloween

Posted by NerfMonkey on 07 October 2010 - 03:30 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm requesting pictures of this war. Especially of Johnny Bravo.

#285807 Pow! September: "pennsylvania Is A Big State"

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 September 2010 - 01:28 AM in Nerf Wars

PS: I typed e.pic and d.ank because it was faster than typing "effeminate" and "sub-optimal."

I was going to make a weed joke here but then I realized there's a filter. Never mind.

There in spirit.

#285571 A Real Man's Birthday

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 September 2010 - 01:00 AM in Off Topic

Have a good one brewski.

#284822 Link Restrictions Lifted

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 September 2010 - 03:55 AM in News

Are we allowed to post links in our sigs to third party sites, (non-nerf) such as blogs, you-tube, or referral links?

If you're asking if it's ok to try to make money or other personal gains off this site's members by putting referral links in your signature, you don't belong here in the first place. Just my opinion.

#283894 Pittsburgh War Awareness System

Posted by NerfMonkey on 24 August 2010 - 12:34 AM in Nerf Wars

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I didn't even get to say goodbye...:(

Anyways, good luck in school.

Thanks. You sort of got to say goodbye when we left the thrift store after Apoc.

Sorry I missed this one, looks like it was a great war. Love the picture of John holding his Maxshot/Splitfire. By the way, I think my favorite moment in Pittsburgh Nerf was at POW! November last year when I was rolling and diving all over the place with my Arrowstorm and Dom called me disgusting. It made me so proud. See you guys in four months.

#283682 Pittsburgh War Awareness System

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 August 2010 - 05:26 PM in Nerf Wars

So, wait, is Nerfmonkey not coming? Is he already in AZ?

Yes. Yes. I won't be able to make it to another war until probably December/January.

#282507 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 August 2010 - 12:51 AM in Nerf Wars

I had an awesome time. Big thanks to everyone that was involved in running it and everyone else that showed up. I was doing kinda bad most of the day but it was still really fun. Hopefully the Sex Dwarves will return again next year.

#282227 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 August 2010 - 04:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm excited. See everyone in two days. Now to start dart making.

#281284 Clash Of Steel: The Real Steel

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 July 2010 - 01:49 PM in Nerf Wars

The attendance was perfect in my opinion. I know we always want to have as many people as we can show up but I think the 3 teams of 4 worked really well and then when the number of people dropped to 8 we had some nice smaller 3:15 games. Good times.

Agreed about downtime but whatever. It only really got to me towards the end of the day when everyone was standing around the gazebo bullshitting for 20+ minutes and I got a little antsy. If things had moved a little more quickly I think it would have been a perfect day for me. Minus some dickmouth tailgating me with his high beams on when I was heading home on the interstate, but that has nothing to do with the war itself. And my accuracy was terrible the whole day minus the pistol rounds but that also has nothing to do with how the war was run.

#281203 Clash Of Steel: The Real Steel

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 July 2010 - 05:58 AM in Nerf Wars

It's almost 7:00 and I'm still feeling sick from lack of sleep. I'm going anyway but probably won't be doing much running around and if we go for Chinese food after I won't be partaking.

EDIT: Well, none of what I said this morning turned out to be true. That was an awesome war, thanks everybody. It was indeed my fault that we were late but that's only because I couldn't drag myself out of bed at 5:45 after only an hour or two of sleep. Apologies, but I'm sure we've all been there at some point.

Wasko Brothers, and Connor Brothers, and Bryce/Reese Brothers, I didn't say goodbye to you at the war. Sorry about that. I was too busy/exhausted to bother, honestly.

I absolutely loved the freeze tag rounds, except for when my team had Dom and Jarrett pinned over by the path leading up the hill and the action was really slow for a while. But the balls to the wall moments more than made up for it. I liked the swashbuckler rounds too, although there seems to be a general consensus that there were a few bumps that need smoothing out. Gunslinger was awesome too. The only complaint I have is that the weather was a little hot and sticky but that can't be helped. I think the rain helped at least a little with that though.

Great war as usual.

#281167 Clash Of Steel: The Real Steel

Posted by NerfMonkey on 24 July 2010 - 08:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

#281060 Want To Have A Shotgun Effect For Your Blaster? Try This

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 July 2010 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

This mod is in a way defense when somebody is rushing not " look I can shoot 3 darts a hundred feet"

Why not just carry a pistol?

#279377 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 July 2010 - 06:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Princexbuster is coming in the same group as me so he can be added to the definites list.

#279270 Lndh2: Like Nerfing A Dead Horse

Posted by NerfMonkey on 02 July 2010 - 01:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I missed Buccoblaster? The hat wearing B'nA guy from like 8 months ago? Laaame. You better be at Clash of Steel Buccoblaster.

Great job with the videos Josh, thanks for posting them.

#278560 Wtf I Cant Get In To The Gallery

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 June 2010 - 03:54 PM in General Nerf

Most of the links on the front page sidebar (gallery, modifications, homemades, etc) are old and unused these days anyway. I don't think there were many (any?) useful pics in the gallery. You'll find the best source of modded-blaster pics in the Modification/paintjob Pictures thread.

The gallery had a bunch of pictures from SoCal wars. There might have been some videos too. I'm pretty sure that's all that was in there but I haven't looked in years.

If you want to see old war pictures (6+ years ago) I guess you're SOL. But you might still be able to access some of the videos if you dig through the old war threads and find the video links that cxwq posted. I don't even know if those links will take you anywhere now though.

#278531 Lndh2: Like Nerfing A Dead Horse

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 June 2010 - 03:24 AM in Nerf Wars

What the fuck man, I thought you didnt leave till August. Tell me this is just a visit.

Orientation man, relax.

Looks like LNDH will not have to face the wrath of Pussy Stomp.

Like hell it won't. Unleash that beast on Sunday; I think you've more than earned the right to its deflowering...I mean like, by nerfing with it.

#278370 Lndh2: Like Nerfing A Dead Horse

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 June 2010 - 02:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be on a plane to Arizona that day so don't count on me being there. Have fun guys.

#277184 Pittsburgh War Awareness System

Posted by NerfMonkey on 08 June 2010 - 05:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Cousin's graduation ≅ broken pussy
My graduation ≠ broken pussy

Hopefully POW! June will be amazing to make up for this failure.