- → hoongfu's Content
There have been 229 items by hoongfu (Search limited from 16-June 93)
Obligatory U3 Pose featuring a brass stub in PETG plugged Panther, new hinge style DCIT, Magpul angled fore grip on a McNumbers RBP.
Supah Special Charlie's Angels pose with the same DCIT and 2 panthers modded the same as the previously mentioned one supah clean, supah nice.
Gooped in bushing.
Tossed a skirt seal on that sucker for 100% seal. Koree proved 100% seals don't mean JACK.
Carved out the spring rest a bit for 0 friction on the PR.
Bachelor Party upgrades:
Pretty in pink Hello Kitty sexy-no-jutsu Magpul XTM handstop kit. ^____^\/
NCStar ced dot sight with 3d printed riser piece and reverse angle scope ring. (0)_(0)
(LOVE YOU TWO! HUGS AND KISSES <3 XOXO)
Priming handle standoffs came off during a round and its a lot easier to prime now.
All modifications except for putting on the XTM handstop were performed by Koree. +bow was assembled by Roboman.
-Can be free for all, team death match, or wingman but only head shots count.
- Two opposing teams line up and take potshots at each other in a given order, normally one side, then the other.
Feel free to correct me.
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing old ones KOREEEEEEEE, Jlego, Ice9, Pants, Beaver, Cannonball, Zorn, Ryan, Groove, Zaxbys!
- meeting new ones - Pete, little kid, Apollo, Bags (If I forgot your name I'm sorry)
- Actually nerfing with Beaver after gazing at his majestic presence walking around at Apoc 2011.
- Ice9 hosting the war - Super well run, lots of rounds in, good crowd control despite people not listening, good game types.
- Good footage - I was so happy when I watched some footage that my gopro wasn't aiming at the sky ala Apoc 2013.
- Food - Pastrami, chili cheese fries, In n Out, Ice cream sandwiches, croissants, and Korean Tacos for days!
- Hanging out all day and night and experiencing Art - Thanks Beaver and Ice9!
- Duels with Cannonball - Man ever since the Christmas war 2 years ago I've been itching to duel Cannonball again. I lost pretty much every duel we had that day except for one, which I hope I caught on video (haven't watched through everything yet). That's one thing I like about east coast wars, despite 40 people around there is always sometime and someone to duel.
- Wonder Twins dota - heroes and minions duking it out in lanes
- Freezetag - So much fun in a perfectly balanced field with a speedloader
- Pull back and a Speedloader - I used it most of the war and had more fun than using any pump action with a hopper
- People having fun and being effective with near stock blasters
- Balls to the wall: Man it was so coooool seeing a good percentage of the players utilizing Nerf's latest invention, the Apollo blaster. And they were effective too!
- Carpe was a lot of fun, even though I felt like we were losing the whole time because of the pressure put on by the Twins/Cannon ball/Bags. Screaming at people to pick up balls (I'm sorry I called you an old man Pete! You're super cool).
- Last round of Carpe was so much fun because it wasn't about winning. Rather it was about winning in our own terms, which we did to the max. It's always fun to play against your friends but even better to play with them.
- Weather was almost perfect for me, I didn't sweat a ton. Overcast works really well with the GoPro because it has a harsh and delayed transition from shadow to sunlight. Any footage in the center square would have been unwatchable if it was sunny.
- Bright Pink polo from Goodwill - Keeping it Cali
- Ryan invited me to come over and mod and use the 3D printer <3
- Not being sweaty on the plane
- Not being tired at all during and after the war , even after the massive lunch, also not pulling any leg muscles
- Grabbing In n out for breakfast
- Dart recovery was amazing as always
- TSA was super chill, even in LAX.
- Super cheap range time.
- Little kid was super interested and Dad allowed him to join after a while. I think he had lots of fun.
- Dad's playing and having fun. I hope to join your ranks some day.
- No Langley/Gears
- Beaver kept getting his food first, I kept getting my food last, like 10 minutes after Beaver finished.
- People including myself not respawning properly during Carpe
- People shooting way too close, like that one guy who shot Koree from 0" away. Even I waited for the kid to run past about 10-15'
- Silicon or rubber tipped rock darts, ridiculously dense darts
- Fell asleep too early. Missed the hugs.
- Boom o rangs and other flying melee. It sucks bad to get hit in the face with one as Bags found out. Thanks Ice9 for not allowing them the rest of the war.
- Red eye flight and work
Quick note about Sceptors since it seems like a ton of people are modding them like right this instant: I have 2 requirements for Sceptors at Apoc:
1.) Aside from the barrel mod and ergonomic changes to the pump handle, they must be bone stock
2.) Do something to that airtank cosmetically to make it look less like a paintball gun. This must be cosmetic only. Just throw some orange duct tape on there or something.
More info about blaster restrictions will be coming soon, but I can boil it down for you right now: if you want to be the guy at apoc who's gun shoots farther than everyone else's, stay the fuck home.
A few of us are discussing on BookFace about tank relocation (NOT replacement). Where do the rules stand on that? I like to assume that since its not mentioned explicitly that its legal, but the "bone stock" also could ban tank relocation as well.
Thank you to everyone who bought all the stuff for $1-5
LANGLEY EDIT: Please right click and save as with the links below.
Here's my footage:
American Slaughter aka Vets vs Noobs
Speed Rounds 1
Speed Rounds 2
Speed Rounds 3
Speed Rounds 4 [Warning it gets really loud when its DX/SlightlySane vs Nicole/Kary so turn your volume down] And I apologize for being obnoxious and annoying. I hate myself every time I watch that section.
Seeing some awesome people again, and meeting others for the first time. And hearing that the new people/first timers had a great time.
Winning Freeze tag 2 rounds in a row with the team Koree picked.
Watching Lucian repeatedly defrost Ted despite Ted's constant demand not to be unfrozen because I was in position to refreeze him instantly, with a 4B.
Winning the first round of VIP because Shoopy ran directly into our team.
Nothing of mine broke, for once.
Speed Rounds - Definitely my preferred game type forever almost.
Getting Jlego off the break in the 2v2.
Dodging PBZ's hopper of darts.
Hitting Art (Griever's friend) from about 300 feet away from the bunk with an ultra high angle shot from my 4B. My video shows me shooting but the camera angle is just a teeny weeny bit high when the dart hits him ;_;
Ted's expression when he got a pump action springer that works.
1v1 with Jlego.
American version of Slaughter (aka vets vs noobs).
No one smelled horribly...
Pretty good video, remembered to take tape off camera.
New barrel that shoots everything.
New +bow to go with barrel (Love you Roboman).
New tactical compression underarmour worked like magic and dried off instantly.
New tactical underwear worked the same.
Chaos thought I was shirtless for 1/2 the war until we were on the same team.
Slightlysane got eliminated by a girl in a 2v2.
DX eliminated 2 girls and was shunned severely.
Didn't get shot by Koree! I think.
After 2 years I finally drove Koree to and from a war instead of vice versa. And we didn't get lost.
Jlego fixed my splitfire in 2 seconds.
Nerfing with Koree, Gears, DX, Jlego, Langley, TED, Chops, Sane, Chaos, Griever, Roboman, Xellah, Nicole, Kary(sp?), Mike, Chris, IcySushi, Numa, Shoopy, Bhajj/peach, Tommy, and even Lucian.
Never ran out of darts despite Koree using all the darts >
No bodily malfunctions this year.
I once again was the dart depot on the battlefield supplying both male and female, 2 eyes and 4 eyes, armed and armless.
All the conversations I had with people.
No shandsgator8/Redshot/blue arrow/Silent_rebel/Beaver/Zorn/Ryan/Ice9/Canadians
During 1v1 with Jlego my RSCB fell off, I still wonder if things would have been different otherwise.
Nicole got shot in the tooth during speed rounds
Didn't have a pump action blaster for speed rounds *cough*TED*cough*
Currently processing videos, will post when finished.
At least thats what I just went through.
In for the $25 package. Thank you Draconis, I really hope this succeeds.
LOL nice Dom. Man, missed you this year!
Man, what a great day. I gotta say my performance was the worst ever though. I probably fired around 250 darts and didn't hit a single nerfer. The upside I guess was nothing broke. See y'all next year.
What kind of power facilities are available at the site? I have a stampede powered by Hobby NiCads, and a speed-charger to go with it, but I need an outlet to plug it in. From the vids I've seen on youtube (Courtesy of KNDOperative and ForsakenAngel), it's a big grassy field with no trace of civilization within an hour's walk, but that's just what I've been able to see. From someone who's actually been there, what kind of power can I get out of the park facilities?
If you are traveling by car I would suggest getting a converter/adapter which plugs into the cigarette lighter in the car and powers an outlet. Or bring one anyways and see if someone is nice enough to let you charge your battery in their car for a bit.
OPRV (Over Pressure Release Valve) - Found in most airguns, it releases excess air preventing the air from getting into the tank which potentially damages the tank over time and could cause the tank to rupture.
Checkvalve - a valve that allows air of a certain pressure in one direction only, commonly used in airguns and Ryan McNumbers rainbow pumps to prevent vacuum loading
Ryan McNumbers - Ryan201821
#K or AT#K (2,3,4) - AirTech 2000,3000,4000 respectively. Turreted airguns. 2k being the smallest with a manual rotation mech. 3k being the viewed as the best because of the dump valve size and has an auto rotation mechanism. 4k has the biggest turret and tank but supposedly the dump valve limits the ranges and it also has an auto rotation mechanism.
PAS (Pump Action Shotgun ) - An Ertl brand ball blaster that is adapted to shoot stefans
RFDG / RFSG (Rapid Fire Dart / Shot Gun) - An Ertl brand blaster with a 12 shot turret that shoots megas stock. Most famously used by Forsaken_Angel24 for the Doomsayer mod.
~Updated to reflect proper wording thanks to Langley & Beaver