hoongfu's Content

There have been 229 items by hoongfu (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#343424 SoCal War: Christmastravaganza MMXIV

Posted by hoongfu on 10 December 2014 - 12:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Sweeeeet. I'll be there. Already got the OK from higher up.

#343611 SoCal War: Christmastravaganza MMXIV

Posted by hoongfu on 18 December 2014 - 09:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Bonus. Let me know what you need me to bring for you.

Maybe a pair of those skinny khakis you wear to every war. I only have yoga pants.

#344203 SoCal War: Christmastravaganza MMXIV

Posted by hoongfu on 12 January 2015 - 06:20 PM in Nerf Wars

One cannot simply put the war in a box of plusses and minuses. However the war could be summed up into one word, californication.

Being from the east coast I didn't know what to expect. I've only heard about the "lazy" nerfing on the west coast. It started off a brisk 40 deg F. I started to second guess my choice of cargo shorts. Not too long after I ventured into the light I saw a familiar car and ice9 showed up with CaliforniaPants!

I was going to write up some elaborate wall of text but I’m lazy.

• Meeting everyone (Cannonball!)
  • First round free for all
  • tag team'd cartaya with Ice9
  • duel with cannon ball
  • Freeze tag
  • ice9 sommersault
  • constant 360 no scopes
  • TDM - Duel with ice9
  • Carpe
  • got rekt
  • broke +bow priming handle
  • Lunch The Hat
  • freeze tag
  • speed rounds
  • jon and hans OP
  • me and zeke
  • Broke 4BJax stock
  • boomco
  • Target
  • Anime
  • Never ending Flappy Jacks line
  • Welding
  • Broke 2 more of Ice9's blasters

Here's some videos.

#347771 I was scammed by Drac?

Posted by hoongfu on 09 July 2015 - 08:45 AM in General Nerf

What Aeromech said. Also file a dispute on Paypal.

#319785 Apoc Round Schedule and Signup

Posted by hoongfu on 03 August 2012 - 11:21 AM in Nerf Wars

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. Great thread guys.

So is 4TDM going to be only clan based, or is there going to be a full roster 4 TDM that isn't exclusive?

#319765 Apoc Round Schedule and Signup

Posted by hoongfu on 03 August 2012 - 09:52 AM in Nerf Wars

I would be very surprised if there is enough attendance to run 3 rounds at a time we've never really don't that successfully in the past.

Sitting out is an easy round to run.

#354995 SPANO 2016

Posted by hoongfu on 14 July 2016 - 03:41 PM in Nerf Wars

IM SORRY GEARS! ;_;

#354318 SPANO 2016

Posted by hoongfu on 17 June 2016 - 02:54 PM in Nerf Wars

DANGIT.  Gota drive the wife to chicago for a surprise proposal.  ARRRRG!!!!

#314462 T.A.M.P.O.N.S.

Posted by hoongfu on 16 April 2012 - 10:59 PM in Nerf Wars

So is anyone going to this? I think Mysterio is cool and all but I'd prefer not to be alone with him for 3 hours. I'm scared to be alone.

#313505 T.A.M.P.O.N.S.

Posted by hoongfu on 24 March 2012 - 10:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there, coming a little late though.

#357481 South Jersey Nerfers

Posted by hoongfu on 06 January 2017 - 05:21 PM in Nerf Wars

It's still cheap compared to paintball! 

Be sure to drive up for APOC this summer (usually first week of August).  Hopefully joedimarco hosts some Philly wars  or maybe BHaj or Princess Peach will.  Sadly I moved ;_;

#350600 What was your favorite war experience?

Posted by hoongfu on 08 January 2016 - 03:05 PM in Site Feedback

There are too many experiences to count. 

One of the top ones is definitely at APOC 2013 where I was selected to be one of the few siding with the LGLF and Magenta Mongols and friends against everyone else at APOC.  I believe we had about 8 of us versus 50 or so.  And Langley nerds out with a "I've always wanted to do this" Avengers speech bit.   I wish my camera angle was better but here it is:   https://youtu.be/MBY59Sp_Bgc?t=3m4s

The greatest thing is we ended up winning the deathmatch without losing anyone.  Many great stories were born from this round.  Just ask Koree. 

Pretty much every war (local, invites, & SoCal) I've ever been to has been a memorable, one way or the other.  Post war shenanigans are the best though. 

#319170 Hopper / RSCB Clip

Posted by hoongfu on 25 July 2012 - 08:38 AM in Darts and Barrels

BabyGhandi has hoppered over 30 quadshots (yes thats right, maybe even more now) and I believe he uses a [k26] in them.

#305783 Countdown Gametype

Posted by hoongfu on 12 October 2011 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

What's to stop someone from counting as fast as humanly possible? Where did you get the idea that you can get hit twice in Gunslinger? Any time I've played it, we would count back in, or at least take long enough to get a headband on.

Langleys right it would be come a who can count the fastest game.

Playing devil's advocate: Technically in any counting type game people can skip it or count to 5 instead of 15. Its all about the honor system. Thats what holds nerf wars together. If we all claimed we didn't get hit or have instant respawn this hobby would be out the window.

#305794 Countdown Gametype

Posted by hoongfu on 12 October 2011 - 09:49 PM in General Nerf

When playing deathmatch, there are various benefits to counting very quickly or very slowly depending on how things are going for you and your team. Very often people will count as long as it takes to reload, or get back to their team, etc. So people 'cheat' at deathmatch all the time, and it doesn't really have a substantial effect on the game. However, in this game, even a slight difference in the counting speed would have an effect on how hard you are to eliminate. Not to mention how much of a nightmare it must be if you get into an argument over whether you were hit.

On those points I can see your reasoning. Perhaps this could be tested a few more wars.

#349194 Why is this wiki so strict?

Posted by hoongfu on 19 October 2015 - 03:28 PM in Site Feedback

You are probably the 10000000000th person to ask this. You could probably find a bunch of locked threads regarding this topic. And there is spam cooldown, 30 seconds must pass between posting. Why is the forum to strict? Because the owner(s) and admins wanted it that way. I think this forum isn't strict enough at times. Being strict also cuts down on a lot of spam and impatient, stupid people. If you dig into the archives section or just super old posts you'll see bans being given out left and right. So coming from that era into a period where bans are rarely seen, I'd say its a lot less strict than it used to be. Just lurk, accept the FNG status for a little bit, then enjoy full member privileges. It doesn't take that long.

#341552 You can't reply to PMs by Email

Posted by hoongfu on 26 August 2014 - 03:45 PM in Site Feedback

So that is how you got all those white hairs?

#302869 APOC TOMORROW

Posted by hoongfu on 05 August 2011 - 02:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Are there be port-o-potties at the park?

#303626 Easy custom shirts

Posted by hoongfu on 20 August 2011 - 10:33 PM in Off Topic

Great idea! I am going to give this a shot since I have these materials lying around. Also nice reddit rage faces.

#311222 Two quick questions about the Buzzbee Big Blast

Posted by hoongfu on 14 February 2012 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

I second NerfOMania's suggestion to request a replacement trigger. Andtheherois and I have done it and have gotten new triggers relatively quickly and for free.

#336192 First nerf of the New Year

Posted by hoongfu on 31 December 2013 - 01:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Sadly I can't make it either :(

#335663 Pre-Christmas with Kyle and Koree

Posted by hoongfu on 26 November 2013 - 10:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Thank you and may peace be with you.

I hope I get a piece of you too.

Sorry I won't be able to make it either. Too busy hanging out with Ice9 where the weather is warm.

#321464 Nerf Podcast

Posted by hoongfu on 08 September 2012 - 02:16 AM in General Nerf

Koree, Ted, and I got together a few hours ago to put together a podcast. We discussed a variety of topics new and current to the NIC, one of them MANL. There will be a post war recap podcast as well.

Podcast

Enjoy and stick around for the next podcast.

#363843 Dart foam is cracking, but the heads are not blowing off.... Help plea

Posted by hoongfu on 29 April 2019 - 10:20 AM in Modifications

This isn't a direct answer to your issue, but you can fix your darts by dropping a little bit of super glue in the cracks. That should seal them up. If that doesn't work use clear packaging tape around the area and make sure the tape wraps all the way around and attaches to itself. I've revived many darts using those two techniques.

#300791 Massacre 6 videos.

Posted by hoongfu on 30 June 2011 - 12:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Its nice how it is hard to find a dull moment in them. I like how you enhance the video slow motion at the right times. And I like that your videos are more of a highlights of the war rather than a documentary. The best part is when you add text comments for the bloopers.

#349720 War footage

Posted by hoongfu on 28 November 2015 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

https://www.youtube.com/user/hoongfu/videos Raw footage mostly. 

#319732 NJW 8.5

Posted by hoongfu on 02 August 2012 - 09:42 PM in General Nerf

That's not fair you did have Hero and his shopping bag of rockets.

MY Rockets!

Man, I'm in the video and Im on my cellphone trying to figure out how to record on my gopro lol.

#319807 NJW 8.5

Posted by hoongfu on 03 August 2012 - 01:40 PM in General Nerf

Clearly the best way to cart around rockets.

I have perfected the way of the rocket.

#340258 2k pump replacement

Posted by hoongfu on 11 July 2014 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

A few days ago I was working on a 2k and i broke the stem off of the pump. I was wondering is anyone new of a good replacement or had one they would be willing to sell?

I have one I can sell you. Whats your zipcode? I'll sell it for $1 and the cost of shipping.