xedice's Content

There have been 286 items by xedice (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#42124 Modifications For Some Nerf Guns

Posted by xedice on 20 November 2004 - 06:02 PM in Modifications

I apologize, I was really mad that day (when I made the other posts). I guess I should have looked at the name of the picture, but I really don't pay attention to that kind of stuff. But umm, now I'm confused. I opened up my NiteFinder, and there's the orange restrictor and the peg and stuff. But there's 5 pieces and a spring. I can put it back together, but I don't know what to do to increase range. I know you're supposed to take out the peg, but what else?

J fucking C rawray, he apologized already, you arrived way too late on the bashing the newb bandwagon. Now we are on the helping the guy out bandwagon. Except for me, cuz i didn't jump on either bandwagon to begin with.

#42051 Prank Ideas

Posted by xedice on 19 November 2004 - 05:37 PM in Off Topic

Pineapple do you still have that '68 Barracuda,.. and if so HOW MUCH YOU WANT FOR IT?

#42014 Prank Ideas

Posted by xedice on 18 November 2004 - 06:07 PM in Off Topic

I saw this one video where this guy opened his door to his SUV and about a billion golf balls poured out onto his feet. He was like.. what the fuck!???

So get a job at a golf range, be the ball collector, steal a bunch of golf balls each day, when you have about a billion, put them in his car, close the door, get a video camera, and wait. It is the king of all car pranks.

edit: reading through the posts in this thread... I was choking myself at how lame the majority of them are.

#41622 True Self Expression

Posted by xedice on 14 November 2004 - 01:24 PM in Off Topic

Don't talk about Ninjas unless you know what you're talking about. Ninja don't exsist.

I can talk about Ninjas because I know what I am talking about. I am talking about NINJAS!!!! Ninjas don't exist? What about the story about the guy dropping the spoon and the ninja killing the ENTIRE TOWN? That is solid evidence!

Gawd, its 'humor', you don't have to believe it.

And Zero Talent, that site made me crack up, that is some funny shit.

#41560 True Self Expression

Posted by xedice on 12 November 2004 - 11:41 PM in Off Topic

Pretty much. But the trick is to knee the fuck out of their face, not the other way around.

#41556 True Self Expression

Posted by xedice on 12 November 2004 - 11:02 PM in Off Topic

Ninja don't exist????

There is a ninja school near by me... the head instructor claims to be a body guard for the Dali Llama or whatever. REAL NINJA TRUE POWER! Edit: Hes not related to the website below

NINJAS CUT PEOPLES HEADS OFF WIHOUT THINKING! FLIP OUT AND KILL PEOPLE ALL THE TIME!

Beware, TRUE ULTIMATE POWER AWAITS YOU!
http://www.realultim....net/index3.htm

#41520 True Self Expression

Posted by xedice on 12 November 2004 - 02:41 PM in Off Topic

I study Aikijutsu. In a couple of weeks going into Muy Thai Kickboxing also.
Ju Jitsu is where is at, most street fights end up on the ground anyway.

I learn all my killer moves from movies, just like Bullet Proof Monk... Mortal Kombat is good too...

#40782 Half Life 2

Posted by xedice on 04 November 2004 - 04:41 PM in Off Topic

and the GTA games (which belong on the PC, no matter what anyone says)

Man I was so pissed when I found out they released San Andreas for PS2 only. The first thought that came into my head was office space where they diddled that fax machine in the field. Only in my day dream it was a PS2.

#40739 Half Life 2

Posted by xedice on 03 November 2004 - 10:04 PM in Off Topic

Death to consoles. I hope half life 2 never comes out for a console. Hell, if I had it my way, no FPS would ever be created for a console system ever again.

And yes, I can't wait for HL2 to come out.

#40617 Election 2k4

Posted by xedice on 02 November 2004 - 08:08 PM in News

Exercise your right to vote.

You are obliged to vote.

You need to vote.

Why didn't you vote?

Vote?

Why didn't you vote?

Thats ALL I HAVE BEEN HEARING the whole day. I turn on the TV, I see ladies chanting You need to vote! I get home from college, parents ask me did I vote? Why didn't you vote? I go on NerfHaven, front page topic, Go out an vote or you are l000s4r! And most of all I live in OHIO!!!!

Let the flaming begin!

#40344 Halo 2

Posted by xedice on 31 October 2004 - 12:05 PM in Off Topic

Halo 2 = dissapointing. But we all have different opinions on games don't we? Personally I'm waiting for San Andreas to come for PC. Mmmm.

#39654 Apples

Posted by xedice on 23 October 2004 - 06:03 PM in General Nerf

I hope your friends were a bunch of girls. Don't tell me they weren't. I can't even imagine a bunch of guys dripping with peaches.... ugh

I would stick to stefans anyday.. UNLESS YOU HAVE 6 GIRLS OVER WAITING TO BECOME DRIPPING WET WITH PEACHES!!!!

nevermind.

#39473 Apples

Posted by xedice on 21 October 2004 - 03:40 PM in General Nerf

We used to take pipes and stick them into avocados and use them as blowguns. Avocados hurt when you get shot with them. It's a lot better than eating them.

#39471 "homeland Security" Nerf, And The Law

Posted by xedice on 21 October 2004 - 03:38 PM in Off Topic

i would mix up my dog's shit droppings and water and put it in my super soaker and hide in the bushes. You know what happens next.

How would the cops not find that funny and justified?

#39146 Pump Question

Posted by xedice on 17 October 2004 - 12:17 AM in Modifications

You know what is really fucking sweet? It is called this expandable foam shit. Me and my dad and a friend replaced our front door, and in between the cracks we sprayed this foam junk. In about 10 mins it hardens like styrofoam, but is flexible enough to shift.

Well, in your case, you could foam the dead space around your pump. The foam isn't glue though, that would just solve your movement problem. To keep the pump from jerking out, you need to attach it at a durable point. At the base of an SM1500 pump, there is a connection that connects the pump to the vinyl tubing. Use a metal bar/wood to hold the pump in place to one side of the frame of the gun, so you can open it. Foam each side so that you can open it later also.

This is just a suggestion that I would take, it was just to give you some ideas. I'm sure you could find an easier method such as filling the dead space will pieces of fbr or holding the pump in place with it.

Hope this helps

#38982 Glue You Use?

Posted by xedice on 14 October 2004 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

im hardcore AND USE COCK. I mean caulk. It seals really nice and smells really nice. Especially that silicon stuff that smells like petroleum like goop except 10x worse/better.

#38795 Shoot Me. Shoot Me Now!

Posted by xedice on 11 October 2004 - 03:13 PM in Off Topic

I don't see the problem in your schedule.

Wait till you get to college. Where you have to decide between sleep study and friends.

Which one will you choose?

#38067 Future Video Game Poll

Posted by xedice on 30 September 2004 - 08:11 PM in Off Topic

Whoops I didn't see the sarcasm at the time Fuse. I actually thought you were being serious and I just had to jump on the reply button.

#38041 Future Video Game Poll

Posted by xedice on 30 September 2004 - 04:22 PM in Off Topic

Ah yes, multiplayer. Something we dont see much in the FPS genre.

wtf? Go play half-life mods. 99% of them are multiplayer ONLY. Unreal Tourney? Tribes? Quakes were multiplayer intensive, single player was a JOKE.

Multiplayer in the FPS genre for computers is rampant and popular. Multiplayer for consoles... like what was said earlier, people are hailing it as some new technology... when its been out for years.

#38008 Future Video Game Poll

Posted by xedice on 29 September 2004 - 09:00 PM in Off Topic

HL2 rocks Halo 2's ass.

HL2 pushes the envelope while Halo 2 is just adding features. HL2 is gonna be sweeeet, especially cuz its for the computer not a silly console. (fps and console? you are kidding me)

Doom 3 really suprised me when it came out. Graphics look good on my shitty comp, they would look even better if I dished out some cash for it.

#37983 Future Video Game Poll

Posted by xedice on 29 September 2004 - 04:55 PM in Off Topic

Doom 3 is a game of the present. Its been out for a while, i like it.

#37946 Procrastination

Posted by xedice on 28 September 2004 - 08:58 PM in Off Topic

Procrastination is when you don't study for your CS242 midterm tommorow morning and its 9:55pm right now.

8:55pm central to you guys.

#37941 Semi Auto

Posted by xedice on 28 September 2004 - 06:49 PM in Homemades

To answer your question, the air from a zero valve is released very quickly.

Zero valves areonly like $2 and they release air pretty fast.

Compared to say a AT2k valve, a zero valve releases air slowly but is easy to make.

#37776 Powerclippin Problems

Posted by xedice on 25 September 2004 - 05:23 PM in Modifications

I wouldn't wet it. Then it just becomes sticky like bubble gum. The white powder keeps it from sticking to stuff like the case when you pump it up.

#37775 Psi For Homemade

Posted by xedice on 25 September 2004 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

Ball valves are manually opened very slowly and unevenly.
Pros of a ball valve: cheap, simple.
Cons of a ball valve: slow and uneven open of air, aesthetically unpleasing, lack of a gun trigger feel

#37537 Computer Coding

Posted by xedice on 20 September 2004 - 05:01 PM in Off Topic

Just to clear up some of your misconceptions,

Visual Basic isn't that old or elementary, it has it's buisiness applications and other real world usages.
Java isn't cheap, its pretty much like C++ without some of the advanced concepts (multiple inheritance is one example im pretty sure)

qbasic is pretty old, i remember making ascii games, you know, the ascii set with smily faces, music notes, and different patterens of blocks that you can use as shading. Anybody else used to program games in dos?

#37285 Dart Physics...

Posted by xedice on 16 September 2004 - 10:40 AM in General Nerf

Or instead of wasting $120 for the flat line or whatever, airguns use a thing called a hopup which puts a backspin on the bb. All it is, is a piece of rubber on the top of the barrel which forces the bb to spin. About 50 cents retail at your nearest home depot.

#37188 Air Tanks And Psi

Posted by xedice on 14 September 2004 - 04:15 PM in Homemades

I remember in high school chemistry and physics, I would use all these equations I found in the book and try to find a good airtank size.

After I got out of high school and smartened up, I found that building and testing it yourself is a lot faster and more fun than math. Yes, teachers would hate me for saying that, but which would you rather play with, numbers or pvc? I choose pvc.

What I am saying is experiment yourself with it, you'll learn a lot more that way than reading stuff on a forum / message board in my opinion.

#37085 Current Gun Availability

Posted by xedice on 12 September 2004 - 08:26 PM in General Nerf

I think the AT2k is one of the best all around guns. Well I loved my SM1500, but you can't find those in stores nowadays. AT2ks are plentiful here and there, mainly at Kohls, Target, and Meijers, look there. The only downside is the price tag, $10 for the gun. I would horde them if they were like $5, but thats just me being stingy. Get them before they are all gone.

#36898 New Valve

Posted by xedice on 11 September 2004 - 02:03 PM in Homemades

heh, I'm not trying to discredit you or anything, but I've made that a valve similar to that before. My problems with it were the massive amounts of lube needed between the bevelled washer and the flat washer. It would continually leak right there at high pressures. Other thing, it took me forever to find a good spring for the valve. Also, I didn't use a T section, I used a straight section with a vinyl tube inserted in the back. Basically I just copied an A2k valve but with homemade parts. good job on the drawing, looks clean. I'm going to try your parts and see if I can get the leaking part fixed.

If you also have a leaking problem, I was also thinking of using a lubed up O-ring for contact with the flat washer. This will make a flat seal instead of a beveled seal which might work better. I'm gonna try that version also.

edit: I'm gonna try to make a bunch of different homemade valves, roughly the same volume with a PSI gauge attached, and compare ranges of the different valves. For example, zero valve, your valve, my valve, zero's keyring valve, all pressurised to the same PSI, hopefully the same volume, and compare. That would be a really interesting article wouldn't you say?

#36295 Funny

Posted by xedice on 03 September 2004 - 11:57 AM in General Nerf

Why don't we all get along and do all our clothes shopping at the thrift store. The 80's styles are in nowadays. Nothing like the vibrant colors of olive green. Any shirt above $2 and any pair of pants above $5 have no room in my closest.

#35884 New Dart Design

Posted by xedice on 30 August 2004 - 03:39 PM in Homemades

Can you give us a side by side comparison? Regular dart vs New Dart? I am going to try it myself, but it don't think there will be much noticable difference for the time invested, but I would like to see what others get as well.

#35625 Zero Valve Tmp

Posted by xedice on 28 August 2004 - 03:19 PM in Homemades

When I range test my guns, I am also range testing my darts. That dart that got around 55 feet at 8 pumps got thrown away right after I tested. I range test with a different dart each time so I can see the general range of the gun.

Sure vintage, show us your idea, I'm always trying to think of cooler valves to use and I would like to see yours. I might try zero's key valve on my next homemade and see how that performs. And I am also a fan of small airtanks high pressure. I mean, look at a AT2K's tank, its tiny! but still good ranges. Those homemades with huge airtanks and long pumping times are just a waste in my opinion. Well thanks for the input people.

#35457 Homemade Pistol Idea

Posted by xedice on 27 August 2004 - 12:47 PM in Homemades

http://nerfhaven.com...st=0#entry35455

I didn't want to hijack this topic, so I made a new topic on it.

Tell us how your pistol performs vintage, I'm eager to see your ranges because I know mine could be improved on a lot in the range department.

#35455 Zero Valve Tmp

Posted by xedice on 27 August 2004 - 12:42 PM in Homemades

http://img48.exs.cx/...xedice_tmp1.jpg
http://img48.exs.cx/...xedice_tmp4.jpg
http://img48.exs.cx/...xedice_tmp5.jpg

I constructed this one a while ago. Vintage's topic (http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=2797) inspired me to become not so lazy and take a picture of it, since his design is almost exactly like mine. I didn't want to hijack his topic, so I made a new one. It is modeled after a TMP, poorly at that, I didn't want to make a frame for it, so you are essentially holding the air tank in your hands.

It has a detachable barrel, onboard pump salvaged from a super soaker bought at target, and a zero valve hooked up to the trigger. The trigger has string on it, so that when you pull the trigger, it doesn't bend out of shape, it stays in it's 90* angle. Also, I did use a nested barrel because zero valves open slow even with a fast trigger pull, so in result, the pressure has time to build up in the nest.

Ranges are not exact, they are comparative to my other gun's range, meaning I measured only once for all the guns I tested, so these ranges are a few feet off, and I didn't measure the the inch, just the nearest 5ft mark. The ranges are pretty poor for the pumps needed, due to small pump, small zero valve, darts too light for this gun.

8 pumps ~ 70 ft
8 pumps ~ 75 ft
8 pumps ~ 55 ft

16 pumps ~ 85 ft
16 pumps ~ 80 ft
16 pumps ~ 80 ft

If I were to remake this gun, I would make the airtank a tad bigger, use a MUCH bigger pump, and use a bigger zero valve with 3/4" PVC instead of 1/2".

#35190 Looking For Mixtures That Create Gas

Posted by xedice on 25 August 2004 - 06:07 PM in Homemades

What was that one explosive gas mixture? I think it was lye, vineagar, aluminum foil, or maybe water instead of vineagar. Look that up before you try it though, I've heard it was pretty potent. My friends used to make water bottle bombs out of it.

#34961 Homemade Pistol Idea

Posted by xedice on 23 August 2004 - 11:34 AM in Homemades

Hey vintage, I've already made a homemade like this one, except is based off of a Steyr TMP. I can get a picture up if you want within a day. Also, it has an onboard little supersoaker pump and detachable barrel for fast reload.

#34878 Bow Down

Posted by xedice on 22 August 2004 - 04:46 PM in Homemades

Actually vintage, anything homemade is a homemade, not necessarily have to be what you described. I have a homemade springer made out of a sink outlet pipe, a rubber gasket, a wooden dowel, a spring and a barrel. No pvc, tank, valves or trigger.

I was just asking if it had any unique qualities that I couldn't get from the pictures.

#34783 Bow Down

Posted by xedice on 21 August 2004 - 08:09 PM in Homemades

How is this different from other homemades? Just the clear pvc and 2 tanks?

#34274 Gunkata

Posted by xedice on 18 August 2004 - 01:19 PM in Off Topic

I've been doing aikijutsu for a while now, it is a practical form of aikido. We do lots of gun disarming, but one thing to keep in mind:

The stupidest postition for an armed man with a gun is point blank at your forehead. That is the easiest way to avoid getting shot, and easiest way of disarming.

At 5-10 feet away, the gun is a no-can-defend weapon (if you are unarmed). Your best bet is to talk the guy out of shooting you, or run in zig zags to the safest cover (and you will probably get shot).

Even if you spent 20 years practicing gun kata, which is soley science fiction from equilibrium, at 10 feet away, I could shoot you no matter how good your reflexes and agility are. Done, you are dead, 20 years of your life wasted practicing a big heap of lies.

Now with nerf, thats a completely different story!