Ro-Sham-Bo's Content

There have been 120 items by Ro-Sham-Bo (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#145681 Removing The Plunger Tube In A Ls.

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 18 March 2008 - 03:33 PM in Modifications

Heres a novel idea; I'll even break it into steps for you.
1. Unscrew all the screws in the Longshot
2. Gingerly lift off half of the body shell
3. Watch for things going flying
4. Get a firm grip on the big orange thing in the back half of the gun
5. Pull out, taking note of where everything was
6. Mod to your hearts content/brains capacity
7. Put everything back as you found it
8. Place the top half of the shell back on
9. Screw in the screws
10. Done

#144326 Barrel Replacements

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 08 March 2008 - 02:58 PM in Modifications

To answer your question, a stock barrel is usually too short once the blaster is modified. Also, it can make a mega shooting blaster shoot micros. This improves range and performance because, a mega is bigger than a micro so, when all the air needed to fire a mega is channeled behind a micro, you get a range boost.

#143980 The Vulcan

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 05 March 2008 - 10:43 AM in General Nerf

If the Longshot handle on the side is truly to lock in and unlock the chain, all one would have to do is: (Assuming the chain falls out the other side when all used up) pull back the handle, place new chain in box, push handle to relock chain, resume firing.
This is all assuming that the speculation is right and it normally isn't too accurate. Still, that’s how I assume reloading it will be. This would only work should you have another preloaded chain somewhere handy. If you don’t, you’re sol when you run out of ammo, and have to go pick some up and reload your chain.

#143681 Adding A Spell Checker

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 March 2008 - 06:57 PM in Site Feedback

I don't think it hurts to re-read your posts before you post them. It allows you to catch the errors you didn't notice when you typed.

Then there's always the mighty edit button.

However it never hurts to know how to write. For example: how do you think an employer or a college would want to higher/enroll you if they saw how you typed?

The pen (or in out case, keyboard) may be mightier than they sword, but only when used correctly.

Word man. :P

If by Word you mean Microsoft Word, I agree. Just type everything into Microsoft Word/Other word processer and run their built in spelling and grammer checkers.

#143505 Maverick Problems

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 02 March 2008 - 06:29 PM in Modifications

This happened to my Maverick. I'm in the process of solving it by cutting down everything on the little yellow circle and then gluing in pvc barrels inside the regular turret.

#142934 What Should My First Homemade Be?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 27 February 2008 - 09:15 PM in Homemades

Build a SCAR
Or a SNAP-1
Or, if you want to spend some time, go to the Homemade Directory Thats why it's here

#142867 Reclaiming The Titan

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 27 February 2008 - 04:35 PM in Modifications

You took the idea right out of my head. Props to you on getting it done first. Good job

#141585 The Vulcan

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 20 February 2008 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

Heres how I think the Vulcan may fire. The motor spins the gear. The gear spinning pushes on the bottom of the plunger and creates tension in the spring. When the gap in the gear gets around to the bottom of the plunger, the gun fires. Rinse Lather Repeat. This is the way an old automatic airsoft gun fires.
Posted Image
EDIT: Direction of rotation in the picture is backwards.

#138995 What Is So Good About The Nightfinder?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 06 February 2008 - 07:29 PM in General Nerf

See that link in the top left hand corner of your screen? That's a search button. It's not just there to look pretty. It contrary to popular belief, actually does do something. If you actually used this handy feature, you might have seen whats so good about it and you might also not have made this topic.

#138927 Nf Crossbow Style

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 06 February 2008 - 12:21 PM in Modifications

This thing looks damn cool. One suggestion I would make is that you use a full/chopped down AR-15 Spring

#138616 Titan Help

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 04 February 2008 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

Ok, so I was doing the "one pump titan" mod on my titan when I ran into a problem. When I pump it a few times, all the air leaks out. Usually the air stays in at one pump.

I'm guessing I have a leak some where along the line.

Any help here?

Considering that you did the "one pump titan mod", and you pumped it multiple times, then maybe you ruptured your tank. The air seal between the hose and where ever you connected it may need goop or some other such glue for an air tight seal. Or it maybe something with your air gauge. I never messed with mine so I'm not sure what could be wrong should the problem be there.
To find the leak if you're not sure where it is, either listen/feel for it, or take a spray bottle filled with water and spray everything until you see bubbles.

#138610 Paintball

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 04 February 2008 - 06:00 PM in Off Topic

When I play woods ball, I use my trusty ol' 98 Custom with cyclone feed, rocket cock II, and new barrel. I'm getting a Proto SLG for speed ball. If you want a good electric gun thats cheap, either get the Proto SLG or PMR. Both under 300 bucks both good.

Proto website

Sorry to anyone who clicked the link before the edit. I forgot the t in paintball when typing the address of the website

#138423 Big Bad Problem

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 February 2008 - 05:25 PM in General Nerf

I sanded it down a bunch but, the gun still stays extended. The back part with the trigger wont go back into the front part without me manually pulling on the nubs.

#138419 Big Bad Problem

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 February 2008 - 04:43 PM in General Nerf

How did you replace the spring? I had a similar problem when I did THA's spring replacement mod. Make sure your spring isn't too long, that was my problem.

I added a handy man spring with a PVC seat to make it long enough. If anything, the spring is too long

I added air restrictor springs from a Maverick in addition to the stock ones but, it still gets stuck.

#138408 Big Bad Problem

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 February 2008 - 04:09 PM in General Nerf

So, I was modding my BBB last night. I put in a new spring and added a brass barrel. My problem is that it doesn’t want to cock again after being fired. The only way I can get it to cock is to pull on the little orange nubs on the side. I don’t know what’s wrong. Internal pictures and some advice on what could have gone wrong would be greatly appreciated.

#138269 Answers To Everything

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 02 February 2008 - 06:50 PM in General Nerf

Vacc is on the hunt. I wouldn't start a topic like this if I were you but it's too late for you.

#136068 I'm Really Proud To Say "yeah, I Made That"

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 15 January 2008 - 04:48 PM in Off Topic

I liked the movie. May there be more to come

#135801 Mini Titan Rocket

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 13 January 2008 - 08:07 AM in Homemades

Is the ping pong ball really enough weight? It dosnt seem like it to me but I'm not expert

#135744 My Longshot Mod

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 12 January 2008 - 08:03 PM in Modifications

I'd like to see some pictures before I pass judgement on your mod. Sounds promising though

#135487 The Inspiration Of The Cap Dart

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 10 January 2008 - 03:59 PM in General Nerf

This whole thing sounds fun but, just strikes me as a bad idea. Imagine the welt you get from a regular dart. Now add a burn mark and all of the force of the dart being directed into the cap. What do you get? One pissed off mother.

#135401 Paintball

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 09 January 2008 - 06:30 PM in Off Topic

Most of the time, I paintball in shorts and a tee shirt. The shots hurt but, its not like your arm is going to fall off. I wear and would advise you to wear a cup. Have you seen the movie Gridiron Gang? Remember the scene where the kid gets hit right in the boys but wasn't wearing a cup? You never think youre going to get hit there but, when you do, it hurts like you've never been hurt before.

#135159 Huge Sales At Target

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 06 January 2008 - 04:19 PM in General Nerf

It only comes with one barrel that only fits the big missle. To make it shoot anything but the missle, you have to mod it. Scroll down until you see the word Titan

#135154 Huge Sales At Target

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 06 January 2008 - 04:04 PM in General Nerf

Is the Titan the one where you can attach other guns to it?

Yes. But, if you buy it as The Big Bad Titan, its just the titan. You don't get the hornet or the scout with it.

#135045 Nerf Recon Spring Fix

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 05 January 2008 - 11:05 AM in Modifications

I made a pretty easy CPVC breech in about three hours including planning and unsrewing with my uber small screwdriver, and not using my left index finger..

When do you intend to post a write up?

#134878 Nerf Recon Spring Fix

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 January 2008 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

Any range tests yet?

Sorta, like I said, the shots can vary a lot, because of the streamlines, but its about 40 ft across my basement and I can hit the wall from one side to another.

Well, if that is indeed true, I'll be doing this shortly. I like the idea too. I wonder if it would work on other guns.

#134870 Nerf Recon Spring Fix

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 January 2008 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

Any range tests yet?

#134530 Bbb V.s Titan

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 31 December 2007 - 03:28 PM in General Nerf

I agree with Angel. If money is no problem, buy both. If you only want one, it really depends on how you play and where. If you play inside, the titan is ruled out instantly. Shooting someone from that close with that strong of a gun will make someone very angry.
I have both and personally, I like the BBB better. Its good looking, it isnt banned from most wars, and takes much less time to cock.

#134503 Longshot Laser-scope

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 31 December 2007 - 10:12 AM in Modifications

I think this is a cool idea and that it would be fun to have. I don't see it as being that usefull or practical. But, you could use it to distract people.

#134351 At2k Problem

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 December 2007 - 10:16 PM in Modifications

At2ks are terrible stock. I hack sawed my first cap off and the second on got the smashed with a hammer treatment.

#134280 Cpvc Turret

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 December 2007 - 08:16 AM in Modifications

Nice work Bobafan, this is simple, easy, and cheap.
I think that this may be the base for many other turrets to come.

#133357 What Got You Started Nerfing?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 21 December 2007 - 09:58 PM in General Nerf

What got you started in this hobby/obsession we all have? How did you happen to find this place? What about Nerfing appealed to you so much that you decided to become a member here?
I myself got started nerfing about two years ago or whenever the N-Strike Unity Power System came out. As soon as I got that for Christmas, I became obsessed with nerf. I found this wonderful place when I discovered how much an out of the box longshot sucked. I googled Nerf Modifications, and wound up here. One I read around a bit, I discovered that I wanted to become a member here. It took a bit but, I finally got approved and, here I am.

#133353 +bow

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 21 December 2007 - 09:39 PM in Homemades

This looks absolutely awesome. If the kits are cheap enough, I'll probably buy one or two.

#133351 My Fake Stefans

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 21 December 2007 - 09:34 PM in Modifications

I'm going to agree with rokor here. That would just be too expensive to be practicle. The only way it would be practicle would be if you already had an ungodly number of tec deck wheels and stock darts.

#132430 Nerf Recon Cs-6 On Amazon

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 14 December 2007 - 04:17 PM in General Nerf

Im going to agree with Scotch here. But, this guy is probably trying to bull shit people. I'm going to wait until I see a Hasbro official release.

#132113 New Homemade- The Messenger

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 11 December 2007 - 09:33 PM in Homemades

Sounds interesting. I can't wait to see it when it's done.

#131608 A New Longshot Mod

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 07 December 2007 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

The pictures dont show up for me either.

#131301 Outtakes Of Nerf

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 02 December 2007 - 10:22 PM in General Nerf

Once when 2 of my friends were over, we were using my entire house for everyman for himself game. As I turned a corner, I found myself looking straight at the un-tipped missle of a freshly modded titan. When it hit, I thought it broke my nose. Glad it wasn't. Next round I got him back though, I shot him straight in the nuts with the same missle.

#130885 Web Comics

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 28 November 2007 - 08:26 PM in Off Topic

Without a doubt, Penny Arcade is my favorite.

#130451 Laser Cutter

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 23 November 2007 - 02:07 PM in Off Topic

Instructables.com is giving away a laser cutter to the person who has the best instrutable. If someone here were to win it, think of what it could mean for the community. It should be easy for anyone here to win. If everyone enters their mod or homemade, we would have a great chance to win. Especially if Bolt submitted his new homemade.

#129577 Questions That Need Answering.

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 12 November 2007 - 08:44 PM in General Nerf

I said .25 a foot just to make costs easy to figure out. On the other hand, if this is as good as I think its going to be, I would pay more.