karpenter63's Content

There have been 53 items by karpenter63 (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#129111 Nerf...is It Stress Relieving Too You?

Posted by karpenter63 on 08 November 2007 - 03:08 PM in General Nerf

Therapuetic? Ha! I hate every second I'm modding. Because I know that every second I am messing with the insides of a gun, I could be messing something up. It's the end result that I look forward to. That's what I guess you could call therapeutic.

#128581 Bic Pen Mods/reinforcing Triggers

Posted by karpenter63 on 04 November 2007 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

First of all, could someone explain exactly what a bic pen mod is? I have a feeling it would be almost impossible to find, because it was probably done first in some completely random mod, and now mods just say, do a bic pen mod.

Second of all, besides the bic pen mod, what else is there to reinforcing a trigger. If I were to plug the pump on my LBB, how should I reinforce the trigger. If I were to add springs into my NF, how should I reinforce the trigger.

I think both of these questions, when answered, should satisfy my trigger reinforcing career for the rest of my nerfing days.

Thanks

#128579 It's Ruined!

Posted by karpenter63 on 04 November 2007 - 07:01 PM in Modifications

and the main springs are great for NFs.

If I were to use the springs for a nf, should I put both in? They seem quite smaller than a nf spring, so would I just through them on the plunger?

#128564 It's Ruined!

Posted by karpenter63 on 04 November 2007 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

Hey, so my friend, gunpowderjones, and I were trying to mod a doubleshot the other night, and we did this mod, No Shells!, and we totally messed up the gun. The only thing we did differently was use SCH40 1/2" PVC with 1/2" copper inside, instead of thinwall PVC with 1/2" CPVC inside. I tried to open it up, and I missed a screw the first time, so when I tried to open it, some of the innards got jumbled. Now, it only clicks once when when you cock it. After, messing up the gun, we re-checked the thread and realized that other people had problems with it. We also realize that there isn't much info on the DS on the internet, but we thought this would be a good mod to challenge ourselves with, but we got in over our heads. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix the gun?

Thanks

#128079 Help

Posted by karpenter63 on 30 October 2007 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

I don't know too much, but it doesn't look good to me.

I'm not sure you'll ever get the pump working perfectly again, but I would suggest at least trying this. Hot glue the pieces back together, this will make a good seal along the crack. Then wrap the glued pump profusely with duct tape, but I would suggest ripping it into smaller strips, instead of using the entire thickness of a normal roll of duct tape.

#128062 Weird Airtech 2000 Problem

Posted by karpenter63 on 30 October 2007 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

I had the exact same problem with my SM1500, I posted a couple days ago. Here is the link to my post for some more, possibly helpful information

#127953 Warhammer

Posted by karpenter63 on 29 October 2007 - 05:53 PM in Off Topic

I used to play. I probably spent about 200$ on the game, and I barely ever play. So before you get into it, make sure there are some people that you can play with, or you'll just be wasting your money.

#127714 Supermaxx 1500...problems

Posted by karpenter63 on 27 October 2007 - 06:34 PM in Modifications

Ok, so I want to modify my SM1500, but I am having a few...technical difficulties.

What I mean by this is, whenever I put the gun back together, after fiddling with the insides, the pump doesn't work at all. Then I open the gun back up, the pump works again.

When the pump doesn't work, I can put my finger in the barrel and I can feel air coming out.

One last thing you should know is when I tried to open it the first time, one of the screws was stripped, so I just ripped it open. I don't think it is a major problem, but there is a little tear in the plastic. Does anyone have any ideas why I am having this problem.

#127594 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by karpenter63 on 26 October 2007 - 08:46 PM in Off Topic

I want to be a carpenter when I grow up, my last name is K----. so that makes the karpenter. The 63 was a random number that AIM gave me when they said Karpenter was already taken. Since then, the number 63 has grown on me.

#127394 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by karpenter63 on 25 October 2007 - 07:21 PM in News

However, if someone would kindly measure the length of their LS mag (in inches or millimeters, doesn't matter) then multiply by 17 and divide by 14.5, we'll know the length of the plunger chamber.

The LS mag is 3 1/8" or 8cm.

So:
(3.125 * 17)/14.5 = 3.66" Or about 3 11/16"

Or:
(8 * 17)/14.5 = 9.38cm

Compare that to a Maverick which has a spring measured at 2.5" or 6.4cm approx.

#127362 New Airzone Gun

Posted by karpenter63 on 25 October 2007 - 05:33 PM in General Nerf

Wow that looks like a gay gun.

Well, it depends on what you consider to look gay: A purple gun, or a gun that looks like playmobil made it. But really I do agree with you, I'd much rather have the purple one, I think it's going to be the next gun I get.

#127349 Nothing Ever Works For Me

Posted by karpenter63 on 25 October 2007 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

This is what we like to call a Nerf emo... But seriously, this is a good basic mod for your Lbb. You're not a moron, you just need to start off with more simplistic mods.

Hope the link helps, and welcome to the Haven.

Plugging the pump is also good.

Thank you for the welcoming. Well, let me say, I am definetely not emo, but I can see were you got that impression.

Regarding the Lbb mod, do you know what size brass tube I should use to do that? Also where can I get brass, because my friend and I went to Home Depot, and all we could find is copper, and even that was only in 1/2" and 3/4".

#127339 Nothing Ever Works For Me

Posted by karpenter63 on 25 October 2007 - 03:58 PM in Modifications

Ok, so I've been scanning this website for a month or so now, and I finally decided to get an account. My reasoning is because I am having some major problems with gun modifications. I've tried three so far, and only one of them I am semi-happy with.

The very first gun I modded was my maverick. I checked out write ups around the site, and I thought I had figured out what to do...I was wrong. What I did was take out the air restrictors, dremel them, put the non-restricting air restrictors back, add 3 pennies behind the spring (Someone suggested 3-4) and finally I put the thing back together. After this, I was super pumped to try out my newly modded gun, which according to most threads, should have gotten about 10 extra feet to its range. While some darts did shoot out fairly far (I couldn't tell if it was any further because I hadn't pre-measured the ranges) most of them just kind of pooped out of the gun and fell immediatedly in front of me. And finally, if that wasn't bad enough, the cocking mechanism went and broke on me.

My next gun I did, this is the one I am semi-proud of, was the blast bazooka. All I did for this was cut of the front of the gun and dremel out the air-restrictor so I could shoot stock minis out of it. It isn't bad, it gets about 65 ft on average, but I definetely think it could do better if I wasn't such a moron and could actually mod.

The last gun I modded was the Nitefinder. Again all I did was take out the air restrictors. The only reason I'm talking about this one is because, even though the gun isn't pooping, like said maverick, I don't seem to notice any difference, and certainly no 100 feet, which i'm pretty sure someone wrote, but I can't find the exact quote or thread. I might be wrong about someone writing that, so don't sue me or cuss me out.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out here, and maybe tell be what I did wrong on this mods. Also, if anyone has any suggestions on how to better my Blast Bazooka, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!