JATDO's Content

There have been 297 items by JATDO (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#260072 Nite Finder With Hornet Tank Integration

Posted by JATDO on 29 December 2009 - 12:16 PM in Modifications

Thats very clever and in no way clean but I like it.
You should try and make the pump a tad bit smaller, the SM3K pump just seems too long.
But over all good job, I love having a back-up in a secondary.

#260052 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 29 December 2009 - 12:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna wait until the night before to spraypaint the backs of the darts depending on the weather report. If it snows/is snowing then blue, and if its not, then white. What do you guys think?

I say paint them RED or GREEN. :P
I love the cold so this is gonna be even more fun.

Blue should be pretty easy to see snow or no snow, but its gonna be hard either way. I almost lost my black minimized crossfire, that was hard to find. And I plan on making at least 300, or until I get super bored of making darts or run out of supplies.

#259960 (almost) Semi Auto, Rscb Titan, Powered By 12v

Posted by JATDO on 28 December 2009 - 12:57 PM in Modifications

Thats a really cool idea! It seems like a fun gun to fool around with, but you really need to replace the gauge, exploding titans doesn't sound fun.
The only bad thing about it is that if you were to use it at a war everyone there would know where you were. But you aren't so you shouldn't have any problems.

And you dad is a very good director. :P

#259862 "new" Maverick Hex Design?

Posted by JATDO on 26 December 2009 - 10:35 PM in General Nerf

The maverick is only protected because it's the most successful Nerf blaster ever made. It has sold more than any others, therefore, Hasbro took a "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach, and protected the design.

Really? The most sold? I guess the close to semi-auto and revolver idea seems attractive to the everyday person.

#259860 "new" Maverick Hex Design?

Posted by JATDO on 26 December 2009 - 10:24 PM in General Nerf

Yea and shorter pegs, in theory, should take a bit less plastic. On a large scale.
I don't get hasbro...

#259773 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 25 December 2009 - 09:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey cheesy, don't bring too much, there is a LONG ass walk to where we play

#259743 Can Your Recon Do This?

Posted by JATDO on 25 December 2009 - 12:44 PM in Off Topic

I guess he has proof that it works, most of the stuff is just for looks though.
But it does look very cool, kinda reminds me of a Fallout 3 ish idea.

#259725 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 24 December 2009 - 11:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I am now positively coming, and JADTDO's friend is also coming.

Yea I kind of knew that and forgot to post it, my bad.
Does anyone know the forcast for the war?

#259629 Berserker Fusion! Daikaiju!

Posted by JATDO on 23 December 2009 - 06:55 AM in Modifications

This is beautiful, clean and an amazing idea. Now.... Just inline clip each barrel, and you will have a banned gun

#259226 Just A Few Random Questions.

Posted by JATDO on 17 December 2009 - 07:08 AM in Modifications

Using a cut up washer will eventually rip off the tip of your plunger head. I like soothsayers method for replacing the plunger head. It'll last the longest. But if that isn't an option for you, I've found that gluing just the right sized washer to the inside of the white disk will keep the spring for riding up around the plunger head, although I have not war tested it.

I never had any luck with 8-9 inch barrels. I could only get the ranges I wanted with a foot of brass and tightening rings. Crossbows seem to be really picky about barrels so try anything and everything.

I'm going to look into soothslayers style.

Again, the dart fit question isn't about my crossbow. It's about my still barrel less 3k.

Please read people!

#259217 Semi-automatic Valve

Posted by JATDO on 16 December 2009 - 11:17 PM in Modifications

Wow, 8 powerful shots. 8 barrel turret. Fate is on your side. :P
this is very cool, Last time I saw it I kinda wanted to touch it, but I thought it was going to explode if I did.
Kind of like the light you smashed...

That moving pic scared the fuck out of me, I thought I was going crazy!
It is moving right?

#259185 Just A Few Random Questions.

Posted by JATDO on 16 December 2009 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

Yes, 17/32 in PETG will work just as well. Don't make your barrel 1ft long though. I see a lot of crossbows with that and it's just excessive, and probably hurting ranges. Stick to 8-9 inches.

That is too long, but this is for my 3k.

#259101 Just A Few Random Questions.

Posted by JATDO on 15 December 2009 - 07:46 PM in Modifications

A good air gun fit for a dart that fits well in 17/32 is to take about three inches of 17/32 and nest it in 7 or 8 inches of 9/16. Thats what I use for my homemade and it hits well over a hundred. I also tried using it on my 3K and it works extremely well there, too. The only thing to worry about is if you are using it on a 3K then you need to get some barrel spacers because the heavy brass will cause the barrels to "droop." Its not fun in a war to line up a shot and have it fly 30 feet to the left because your barrels are crooked.

I could basicly get the same affect but with 17/32 in petg right?
While being a shit load cheaper. Then it will be lighter so no drooping! What kind of ranges does your 3k get? And what have you done to it?

#259029 Happy Hannukkah!

Posted by JATDO on 14 December 2009 - 11:18 PM in Off Topic

Got $70 cash $15 to target and believe it or not $50 to...................... Fucking Macy's!

get yourself a nice comforter.

Well, being 1/16 jewish, I made a menorah on Gmod. Happy holidays... I wish I had a picture of it.

Good idea!
I love Gmod. There are just endless ideas to make semi real.

Tonight I got epoxy Mighty Putty! Let's see if Billy Maze (RIP) lied.

#259016 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 14 December 2009 - 10:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Foam weapons sounds fun! I gotta get me one.

How many darts do you think we should bring?

#258980 Just A Few Random Questions.

Posted by JATDO on 14 December 2009 - 04:54 PM in Modifications

Bump (I guess)
I still would like some answers.

#258976 Jspb Dyne V6

Posted by JATDO on 14 December 2009 - 04:47 PM in Homemades

This is amazing.
I've heard of you and some of your work, it's very cool to see some of your work now.

The part that makes up the stock is also the tank right?
And what was that thud after you finished pumping with the big pump?
I love how you can swap out the pumps.

#258953 Happy Hannukkah!

Posted by JATDO on 14 December 2009 - 07:08 AM in Off Topic

I got nothing, but I HD friends over so that was fine with me.

#258841 Happy Hannukkah!

Posted by JATDO on 13 December 2009 - 12:57 PM in Off Topic

Let me say that about black people at my school and guess what i get called??YOU know!

Can we keep this more Hannukkah happyness?
You may get called that in school, but this isn't the thread so talk about it in.

#258817 Happy Hannukkah!

Posted by JATDO on 13 December 2009 - 01:02 AM in Off Topic

Got $70 cash $15 to target and believe it or not $50 to...................... Fucking Macy's!

$15 to iTunes...
Now this is when it sucks to have all my Jewish family in another state.

#258812 Just A Few Random Questions.

Posted by JATDO on 12 December 2009 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

You definitely need to reinforce the plunger head, the white thing fails even with the stock spring after awhile.

Ok thanks. Have you used splits method of reinforcement? I just can't get the cut right.

#258811 Van Helsing Revolver Crossbow

Posted by JATDO on 12 December 2009 - 11:46 PM in General Nerf

It does look cool. How akward is it to prime? It looks a bit annoying.
It would be better if it had a bigger plunger tube.

#258807 Thrift Stores, And Where To Find Them

Posted by JATDO on 12 December 2009 - 11:40 PM in General Nerf

I've check every thift like store in my city, and most don't even carry toys, let alone toy guns.
I stick to online as well.

Or just steal them from my friends who don't use their nerf guns.

#258804 Happy Hannukkah!

Posted by JATDO on 12 December 2009 - 11:27 PM in Off Topic

I know I got a bit off the original topic too but can we keep this a bit more, "I got a crossbow for Hannukkah!" and less "I hate people who hate Jews."?

And TED, it's ok to make fun of yourself.

#258802 Just A Few Random Questions.

Posted by JATDO on 12 December 2009 - 11:18 PM in Modifications

I didn't think each question needed it's own thread.

My crossbow question: I want to add a [k25] spring in mine and I want to replace the white washer on the plunger head like in splits write up, but I can't cut the fender washer right.
How long will the white washer last with a [k25]. Are there any other alternatives for reinforcing? Does anyone have a pre cut washer I could buy?
I want personal experience for the first answer.

Everything above this line is about a crossbow
--------------[edit] There has been a few confusions, so this should clear it up--------------
Everything below this line is about an Airtech 3000

Dart/barrel fit question: My darts slide perfectly in 17/32 brass, I need a barrel material with a good fit for an airgun, like a 3k. What barrel materials will work for my darts? How expencive and where can I get it.
I've tryed some thickwall petg, but some parts were warped and the only dart I had was crappy.

Thanks in advance for the help.

#258797 Happy Hannukkah!

Posted by JATDO on 12 December 2009 - 11:02 PM in Off Topic

I am not Jewish but I got labeled as a Jew when I started Catholic school and made the mistake off saying my grandma was Jewish. Anyway as a joke all the Catholic kids are giving me Hanukkah presents everyday. By the way if you're Jewish you get a lot of crap for it (I'm not even Jewish and I get crap for it). What did the Jews ever do anyway?

We killed Jesus?

I'm not gonna lie, I love Jew jokes. But only Jews can make Jew jokes.

I'm have Christian or Catholic, I have no clue wich one. I've ony gone through with my Jewish side.
I celebrate Hannukkah and Christmas, but I hate it when people think Hannukkah is 8 Christmas mornings. It's not, you get one little present a night.
Oh and I harpy get any shit about being Jewish, mostly cause my school is so diverse and NY has an extremely high Jew rate.

#258742 Happy Hannukkah!

Posted by JATDO on 12 December 2009 - 03:11 PM in Off Topic

I got 20 bucks...

#258682 Happy Hannukkah!

Posted by JATDO on 12 December 2009 - 12:22 AM in Off Topic

I actually hate it when people do random threads like this, but everyone forgets about Hannukkah and I felt it was needed.

Only 4 more nights left!

#258464 Range Results

Posted by JATDO on 08 December 2009 - 11:11 PM in General Nerf

Did you just yata yata ranges?!??

I guess I agree with you, but alot of stock darts ie. Streamlines spin out 3 feet from the barrel of powerful guns. And taggers and other darts with a tip can only be put at the tip of a barrel making alot of dead space wich could hinder the performance of the gun.
Also dart/barrel fit can make a HUGE difference.

Oh and if you didn't notice it the yata yata was a seinfeld joke.

#257927 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 03 December 2009 - 08:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I have heard that the dart recovery rate is extremely low when nerfing in Saxon Woods. Is this true?

Low, but possiable. Bring lotsa darts, cuase you do loose many. I'm going to bring a bag of over 100 or so stock darts as a back up. I do know at BFNY 3 someone found a dart from BFNY 2.

#257870 Long Island Nerf Out 2

Posted by JATDO on 02 December 2009 - 11:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry I definately can't make it.

#257825 Battle For New York 4

Posted by JATDO on 02 December 2009 - 03:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in, and there is a chance of another with me.
Hmmmm January 2.. Does that mean there is a chance of battle field conditions again?

#257295 New Stefans

Posted by JATDO on 26 November 2009 - 11:20 AM in General Nerf

Then what happens if you shoot a wall with a powerful gun and the dart breaks and the thumb tack flys off and hit someone with the tack part?

#257289 Airtech 4000 Overhaul

Posted by JATDO on 26 November 2009 - 11:05 AM in Modifications

Wow... That just make my thanks giving actually good!

I assume you are going to put an external air supply so you don't need to pump it 80 times right?

#257166 Crayola Barrel Replacement For Nf

Posted by JATDO on 23 November 2009 - 11:29 PM in Modifications

When I saw this, I got excited. A PINK NF!!! Then I saw that his camera's color setting was fucked up. Damn.

That's what I though! But then I got confused because I'm red green colorblind so pink looks like white sometimes and I just got plain confused. How could you tell about the camera settings?

Nice mod but using cpvc is better (at least for my darts) and more cost efficient. Do the same thing but with cpvc and more glue on the barrel, like epoxy!

#256942 Just Toys 1992 Crossbow.

Posted by JATDO on 21 November 2009 - 03:15 PM in Modifications

That's realy cool, I've seen that on amazon too, I never thought of it because it looked like shit.
But this is amazing. The internals are extrmely simple. Do you think it would be possiable to flip around the pt?

#256809 Big Lots "super Air Blaster"

Posted by JATDO on 19 November 2009 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

How much did you get that for?

$8.00

For another $2 I think a BBBB is more worth it.
But this is smaller and probaly less time consuming to pump.

#256734 A Declaration To My Fellow Nerfers

Posted by JATDO on 18 November 2009 - 10:19 PM in Articles

There is a competitive spirit, but when the game spills over and becomes a full blown competition, it stops being fun.

You don't find competition fun? I mostly agree, nerf should not be a mostly, or even half competition, but some competition keeps thing up to speed. You get people who just plain old aren't motivated to play, and that's not fun either. IMO just a wee bit of competition on the playing field keeps the hobby alive, because friendly rivalries are made, which encourages more wars, and people to get together. Call me a douche, but I enjoy a bit of competition.

You're a douche.

I mean if all if us were to lazy to get off our ass and nerf, then there would be no NIC. I think we are overlooking the fact that nodding our guns and sharing our mods is almost or even bigger then actually fighting. I think pure compatition at wars is over rated, wars should be more of a meeting and showing each other how well our guns work and how well we can use them.
We should be competing for fun!

(I'm not actually calling ice a douche, just calling him what he said in his post.)

#256661 Long Island Nerf Out 2

Posted by JATDO on 17 November 2009 - 11:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I would need to see how long it would take to get there. If it's close we shall see.

#256655 Coupler For A Crayola Barrel?

Posted by JATDO on 17 November 2009 - 11:02 PM in Modifications

Crayolas sometimes fit snugly in sch40 PVC
use it as a coupler