The Large Moose's Content

There have been 187 items by The Large Moose (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#38290 Where To Find....

Posted by The Large Moose on 03 October 2004 - 09:07 PM in General Nerf

Is that the silver chain, or the black one? Because I might want to add them to mine.

#38286 Where To Find....

Posted by The Large Moose on 03 October 2004 - 08:16 PM in General Nerf

Maybe something is wrong with my PMing thing or something, send me one, and we will continue this in PMs.

#38281 Where To Find....

Posted by The Large Moose on 03 October 2004 - 07:53 PM in General Nerf

lol sorry, I couldn't stand seeing that name like 20 times in a row, anyway, have you gotten any of my PM's? I have sent you atleast 5 regarding the guns, have you gotten them, or have you not been getting them.

#38275 Where To Find....

Posted by The Large Moose on 03 October 2004 - 07:43 PM in General Nerf

Well, the idea was to have one giant chain, that wasn't looped, so it was like 30 or maybe even 40 before it ran out. One of us would sit there helping feed it while the person fired the Razorbeast. I am sure it would be much harder with a rototrack or chainblazer, do to the fact that it must be manuelally(SP?) pushed and pulled, making it hard to steady the gun. With the razorbeast, you can just crank it, and there isn't as bad of a recoil. It would be pretty cool, just spraying foam all over, atleast untill you got hit yourself, or the buddy helping load the chain in.

#38207 Where To Find....

Posted by The Large Moose on 03 October 2004 - 03:05 PM in General Nerf

Sorry, I didn't know where it would fit under, my bad.

#38202 Where To Find....

Posted by The Large Moose on 03 October 2004 - 01:09 PM in General Nerf

My friend and I have been looking for chains for his Razorbeast, because he already is using his old 20 chain, and he wants to add more to it. We just thought it would be a cool idea to be able to just sit there and unload 30+ shots. Anyway, if and of you have working chains, that can still connect to other ones that would be greatly appreciated. I am also looking for rototrack chains aswell. PM me about them, and I might be able to buy it/them.

Thanks.

~The Large Moose

#38146 All Major Foam Guns Ever Made

Posted by The Large Moose on 02 October 2004 - 11:44 AM in General Nerf

Ahh, my bad, I did not realize he said guns aswell, I thought he only wanted the brands. That would be quite the list though. It could take some time. I can help, Viper, just send me a PM, and I will list all the guns I can.

#38140 All Major Foam Guns Ever Made

Posted by The Large Moose on 02 October 2004 - 10:23 AM in General Nerf

He doesn't want to know all of the guns, he just wants to know all the brands. And maybe google might not have one or something, and one of you guys remember. Don't give him a hard time, and plus, he found all the ones that he already listed, he just wants to know anymore that he missed.

#38132 All Major Foam Guns Ever Made

Posted by The Large Moose on 01 October 2004 - 11:14 PM in General Nerf

R.A.W wasn't major, but they did produce the Force, and that other uber-powerful gun. Wish I would have bought one of those when I had the chance...

#37456 What Ever Happened To....

Posted by The Large Moose on 18 September 2004 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

I am sure many of you know him as Sniper5000. He used to be on NO when I first started, and he had an excellant site, that overall, had the most reviews, and best mod write-ups IMO. I never found out what happened to him after NO shut down. Did he quit nerfing? Or did he just not do it as much anymore to care for a website.

I remember for awhile the site shutdown due to bandwidth problems, or something like that, and it had alot of Write-ups that I can't find anymore (such as the Larami 500, and other older guns).

Anyway I just was wondering what ever happened to him, and, has anybody used that website revival thing to try to bring back his site? I loved it and that and NO were basically all I went to at teh time. It would be helpful (to me) since many of the mods I remember that were on the site are not easily found anymore.

#37067 New Dart Design

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 September 2004 - 06:44 PM in Homemades

First of all, its only 8 days only. In the CoC, it says "Do not bring back month old topics." I did not, it was 8 days ago, which I would not call "old". And two, this is the first "old" as you would say, topic I have brought up. Thridly, couldn't you have atleast answered my question? I did not post to be critizised(sp?), I posted to have my question answered.

#37065 Toning Down The Titan

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 September 2004 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

Use the search button in the upper right corner. Then search for "titan modification" or any other mod you need.

I did, and I found the scout, and the titan single barreled write-up. What I didn't find was the multi-barreled mod. That is what I am looking for, and so far, there isn't a step-by-step write up of it yet.

#37050 Rf 20

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 September 2004 - 05:05 PM in General Nerf

That is such a good deal. I bought two off ebay for 20$ each before TRU exculsively had them. I might go pick up a few tommorow.

#37039 New Dart Design

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 September 2004 - 03:15 PM in Homemades

my 19 inch modded storm2000.

And what is that? Sorry to sound like an idiot, It sounds like a cross between a firestorm and at2k? I don't really know...

#37038 Anybody Around Here

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 September 2004 - 03:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, just wondering if any of you are in FL? and if so...where? I have a few friends 5-6 that are into it, but none are really on the site or anything, and they only have a few guns (NF's and 1 SM5K which I am trying to buy from them) So basically I supply them with all the guns they use, we normall play in the backyards and in this one parking lot, that is quite fun. I dunno, just wondering if any of you are out here. :)

#37037 What Are Some New Nerf Games?

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 September 2004 - 02:58 PM in General Nerf

Very nice, I like that idea alot, it is a great way of getting to know people. One concern I have, however, what if you have a teacher/dean around, do you continue fighting, or do you put away weapons. If caught, does anyhting happen to you? Law of fire arms applied? heh. Sounds great though, it would suck to have someone dodge, to have it hit a teacher right behind them. Or a neutral bystander twice the size of you.

#37024 Favorite Online Game?

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 September 2004 - 01:30 PM in Off Topic

PC: Counter-Strike, Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne, C&C Generals (sometimes),
Doom 3, Unreal Tournament 2004

Xbox: Halo, Halo2 (soon), Midtown Madness 3, Burnout 3, Unreal Championship 2 (soon), Conker: Live and Realoded(sp?) (soon)

Soon to be played: Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, and Mechassault 2 (XB)

System:

3.4 P4 800FSB HT
250GB Maxtor HD
2 CD-RW drives and 1 DVD-R drive
Thermaltake case w/ 7 fans
2 Blacklights and 2 Green lights
X800 XT Platinum Edition ($$$)
Lanparty Pro 875B Mobo
2GB Goldendragon GeIL RAM
Swiftech dual radiator liquid cooling setup w/ CPU water block, chipset water block, and vid. card water block

It cost me alot, but I built it myself :)

#37018 What Are Some New Nerf Games?

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 September 2004 - 01:08 PM in General Nerf

Also, I just remembered something that could be added to the bomb concept, since its difficult to defuse, it could be difficult to place in the first place. I was think having the person have to put the batteries in, and then close it or something. Also whats cool, is if you have a large area, I mean REALLY large, and having 2 bombsites, where you would have to cover both, or one, and then see if the bomb was planted at the other one.

#37013 Toning Down The Titan

Posted by The Large Moose on 12 September 2004 - 12:13 PM in Modifications

Sorry this is off-topic, but I keep wondering, will there be N-Strike mod write-up \ put in the modding section? I am having trouble with the scout (trying not to break it) and I want to multi-barrel my titan. If so, I would greatly appriciate it. I already single barreled my first titan, and I want to multi the second. Also, not sure if there is one on the forums or not, but if there was a write up for a 2k, single or multi (I broke my first one by cutting it to short, only guoes 10+ feet...) Thanks

~Lamoosea

~Banana

~Whatever...

#36970 Quad Barrel Titan W/scout

Posted by The Large Moose on 11 September 2004 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

@Thrist: Would it be out of the question for next time when you make another mag, to include a step-by-step tutorial on how to make the shotgun barrel(sp?). I am one of those people who need to see pictures, because I can sort of figure out how you made it, but I am sure if I tried, with what I know, I wouldn't get it right somehow. Ohh and kudos for the Titan, very nice. What is the velocity for the shotgun blasts, if they are relatively fast, that is one devasting machine. I would definately take the time to modify my second titan like yours. :)

#36968 Internal Pictures Wanted...

Posted by The Large Moose on 11 September 2004 - 11:01 PM in General Nerf

As soon as I get home I will find my digi camera and get some up. It is quite simply. It looks like the internals of a double crossbow; 2 plungers and 2 plunger shafts, ohh and a trigger. :) (I am at a friends because I had to evac. due to Hurricanes Frances and Charlie.)

#36963 Best Gun

Posted by The Large Moose on 11 September 2004 - 10:31 PM in General Nerf

Thanks, glad to be here. Nice to see a good site since Nerf Online. For awhile I was occupied with other stuff, but I picked up my old BBB, shot my dad in the back of the head, laughed a ton, and now I am back into nerf. :) It seems we already have a moose, so we need a nickname for me, because there can't be two moose; it would cause to much confusion. I could be lmoose, TLM, etc. figure out something. For all I care you guys could call me banana.

#36955 What Are Some New Nerf Games?

Posted by The Large Moose on 11 September 2004 - 09:42 PM in General Nerf

Heh, glad you guys like. Also, when you are moving (I just recentely did), I find the funnest thing to do is to get like 20 cardboard boxes per team, and build a base. You would be amazed at what the bases looked like, it was alot of fun. Anyway, back to what I was going to say. Here is another idea, not as good as the others, but we tried it last weekend, and we thought it was ok.

Defend the base!

Suggested players: 6+

Suggested playing field: Outdoor area with a fort, or swingset sort of thing, that has a uphill advantage. A long field with multiple obstacles, large rocks, or bunkers.

The idea of this is to have a few people, 4 or 5, in a fort or "base" what have you, and have a fortified-raised advantage against the others. Place flags or what ever item you want to use as things, at the bottom of the base surrounding it, or what ever. The other team starts a sum 50-100 feet away, with obstacles and bunkers seperating them and the "loser post". The idea is to have the losers at the post (with BBB's, titans, crossbows, or other good accuracy, long-range weapons) stop the others from running from obstacle to obstacle getting to their flags, and running them back. The people on the ground are not on a team, but cannot shoot each other, they can only shoot the "losers" at the "loser post"(the runners should have 2 pistols, or a small semi-auto). The runners have unlimited lives, but when shot, they must return to the beginning of the field, and try to get to their flag and back again. The losers are invulnerable, but when shot by a runner, they cannot fire for 10 seconds, which then lightens up the fire for the runners. Once a runner gets their designated flag (each runner gets their own flag/item) they must run it back to the area they started at. The losers should have an abundance of ammo, and only single shot weapons. First runner to make it back with his/her flag, wins. This was quite fun with 7 people, 3 losers, and 4 runners. We had 2 of the losers with 2 single barreled AT2ks, and me with my BBB, while all 4 runners each had 2 NF's. This was quite fun, but then evolved into a cursing match. Ohh, and the losers cannot leave their tower, there was quite confusion with that when I played. Sorry that it was so long, its a long game that takes much description, explanations, etc. Have fun. Hope you like it.

#36952 Best Gun

Posted by The Large Moose on 11 September 2004 - 09:21 PM in General Nerf

I have a few setups, just so I don't get bored :) :
Setup 1
Primary: AT3k PETG barrelled(sp?)
Secondary: 2 AT2k's single barrelled

Setup 2
Primary: BBB Breach Loading
Secondary: 2 Crayola LnL's (I have multiple Pvc/crayola reloads, so I can just pop off the first one, and load a second, I personally think its easier than reloading a dart, considering the dart is allready in the Pvc/crayola barrel.)

Setup 3
Primary: Titan ompa-style modded :D
Secondary: 2 Scouts stock

Setup 4
Primary: E-a-B Pvc modded w/ bands
Secondary: 2 NF's Stock

Setup 5
Primary: Blast Bazooka brass modded
Secondary: 2 Tech targets stock (yet to be modded)

Setup 6: (almost done)
Primary: Max Shot brassed
Secondary: 2 modded first shots

Steup 7 (for having total, utterless, close combat fun):
Primary: 2 RF20s stock
Secondary: Manta Ray, and Ratchet Blast, both stock

I am sure I have more than that, I just can't think of them right now. Many of them could be better, but that is just how I like them. For some reason, I love 2 of the same pistol as backups. I sometimes even host my own little war, with 8 people, each of them having 1 good rifle, and 2 stock or modded pistols.

#36949 What Are Some New Nerf Games?

Posted by The Large Moose on 11 September 2004 - 08:53 PM in General Nerf

Yeah that was the concept, where you would try to protect the guy that had the defusal kit, and if he died, it could be dropped, and then picked up by a teammate. My friend and I realized that normally, al lthe wars based on a bomb was hold your hand on it for 10 seconds, or turn it off, was to easy, so we wanted to make it where you really had to have teamwork to do it, or have the other team entirely dead before you started defusing. Also, it takes time to do it, so the bomb can go off, even if the other team is dead etc. I would suggest a egg timer, or something, but normall those don't need batteries. The tech target is getting busted up for people throwing it beacuse they didn't finish in time, and the screw is geting stripped, heh.

#36943 What Are Some New Nerf Games?

Posted by The Large Moose on 11 September 2004 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

Me and a friend have had a few ideas (CS based), and I don't think they were listed before. Not sure how they would work with other people, but at his house, they turn out quite fun.

Hostage Rescue

Suggested Players: 4+ (preferably 2 or more on each team)

The idea of the game is that one team goes into an area where there are multiple rooms (master bedroom with closet, bathroom etc.) and hides around 2-4 "hostages". These can range from toys, stuffed animals, or actual people (then it gets real interesting). Anyway the other team, starting on the other side of the house, have to capture, and bring back the "hostages". The team defending the hostages cannot camp (honesty system) and must stop the other team from capturing and returning the hostages to safety. We played with dual NF's at like 12:00 midnight, and it was fun because we had to use the lasers to find the "hostages". Each player should roughly have 2-4 HP. We have alot of fun doing it, hope you guys will.

Bomb Defusal

Suggested Players: 4+

The idea of this (most likely posted before) is one team has to plant the bomb, while the other either 1. Protects the bombsite(s) from the bomb, or 2. Once the bomb is planted, defuse it. This can get very interesting. I am not sure of what could be used but we used the tech target with the timer going. The team trying to defuse the bomb would have to use the screw driver, and pull out the batteries (got quite annoying too) before the timer went off. We tried doing it just touching the bomb, but it was to easy. We even had one person have the "defusal kit" with a mini electric screwdriver, to speed up the process. Hope you guys like, I know they are Counter-Strike based, but we were running out of ideas, and had fun making these up. ^_^

#36927 Petg Tubing

Posted by The Large Moose on 11 September 2004 - 07:44 PM in General Nerf

Sorry to continue an old topic, but cxwq, am I able to order from you? I would like alot less that 100' if we could work it out on a PM basis, thanks.