Axelion burnout's Content

There have been 282 items by Axelion burnout (Search limited from 18-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#339767 Last Armageddon (Armageddon XV)

Posted by Axelion burnout on 25 June 2014 - 02:59 AM in Nerf Wars

Great war guys!

+Impressive turnout with great representation ranging from veterans to newbies.
+Props to Zeke for taking on the hosting duties, and other leaders throughout the day stepping up and organizing rounds.
+Great to finally Nerf with some east coast legends, their reputations are well deserved.
+Spoon making it out before lunch.
+The domination that was our missile crisis team.
+Nice location which will see future war use here in SoCal.

All in all it was a great day, and I really regret having to take off right when things were winding down. It would have been great to hang with everyone afterwards. Hope to see you guys out here next year.

#335711 E.G.G.N.O.G.

Posted by Axelion burnout on 29 November 2013 - 06:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey folks, we've actually decided to POSTPONE this war for a week.

That's right, the event is being moved to DECEMBER 7TH. It's been raining the whole day here, and the entire park turns into a big mud slip-n-slide, not to mention the fact that there's an actual creek running through the park, which will become even more difficult to jump over.

Apollo will change up the first post soon, but we just wanted to give everyone a heads up before that happens.

Again - POSTPONED UNTIL DECEMBER 7TH

#332436 S.U.M.D.A.G

Posted by Axelion burnout on 29 July 2013 - 12:24 AM in Nerf Wars

S-ensational
U-nion
M-ake
D-art
A-ltercation
G-laddening

When: August 24th 10:00 am - 4:30ish pm

Where: Burke Park, Huntington Beach
Google Maps

What to bring:
Blasters
Darts
Money or food
A good attitude

The usual socal rules still apply.

Questions? post them here.

#331105 Armageddon XIV

Posted by Axelion burnout on 21 June 2013 - 02:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Does anyone else have 1.25 inch white foam stefans with glittery domes? Just so I can mark mine for no confusion.

You should be fine. I think my group is the only one currently using white foam, and we've just got clear domes.

Same length though, so we'll have to be careful when we sort them at the end of the day.

#329997 S.P.A.R.G.L.E.D.

Posted by Axelion burnout on 19 May 2013 - 05:54 PM in Nerf Wars

----------------------------------------CANCELLED-------------------------------------------

S - Santiago
P - Park
A - Accumulates
R - Rowdy
G - Gentlemen
L - Launching
E - Effeminate
D - Darts

When: May 25th 10 am to 4:30ish pm

Where: Santiago Park, Santa Ana

What to bring:
Blasters
Darts
Money or food
A good attitude

The usual socal rules still apply.

Questions? post them here.

#329213 2013 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Axelion burnout on 01 May 2013 - 02:41 AM in Nerf Wars

July:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23511&st=0] July 6th [CA] Armageddon XIV[/url]

#328677 Armageddon XIV

Posted by Axelion burnout on 11 April 2013 - 02:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry to push the subject, but when will the executive decision come from above regarding the war date? Final confirmation for CVN will be 8 nerfers including myself.

We're going to discuss the date at E.A.R.L.Y., and come up with a decision based on the poll at the top of this thread, and any feedback people left here, or on our facebook page.

It seems like it's pretty open ended (compared to years past), so it shouldn't be that difficult of a decision.

#327965 Armageddon XIV

Posted by Axelion burnout on 13 March 2013 - 08:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay. Are these okay? They seem safe enough. Oh, and thanks for putting up the poll.
EDIT: Woot! Post #100. Good 100th post.

Both of those are too large. We base our standards off the MASHOONGA! which are roughly 3 - 3.5 feet long, and have the diameter of a pool noodle (about 3ish inches).

Nothing larger than that.

Mashoonga Measurements Edit: The foam section is 28" long with a 2.5" diameter, and the handle is 7" long.

#323698 G.A.F.F.S.N.A.A.H.

Posted by Axelion burnout on 18 November 2012 - 05:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Is it taking place on:
November,
Or December...

I'm assuming November, but I want to be sure......

Mully

November, my bad. I'll add that in.

#323691 G.A.F.F.S.N.A.A.H.

Posted by Axelion burnout on 18 November 2012 - 04:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Gentlemen
Assemble
For
Fun
Stock
Nerfing
Action
At
Horsethief

"Yes, this is a "Stock Event" similar to a N.I.B. war but not quite as strictly aimed at using a brand new gun, as it is going back to a time where you couldn't "science" a nerf gun beyond "slap a crayola marker on it"

Like every Stock War, there will be about a half hour of “Field Modding Time” using classic “basic” nerf modding supplies:

Hand tools like Screwdrivers, small hacksaws, pliers, wire cutters, x-acto knives or boxcutters, leatherman tool, hand drills, etc.

Electrical Tape/Duct Tape etc

Most Adhesives (includes Epoxy Putty, Super Glue, Plumber's Goop)
There is an outlet and I'll bring an extension cord so you can use Hot Glue if you wish.

Rubber Bands/Mini bungee

And Crayola Barrels or similar objects like those Jägermeister tubes as barrel material.

a 2k Pump tube is an acceptable way to mod something for Arrows.

NO PVC or other Pipe/Tubing WILL BE ALLOWED.

Naturally, there will still be some safety bans, IE no making titans shoot micros. Pistol splats and all variants are not allowed, because they perform on par with modded guns bone stock. But pretty much anything else is fair game. Bring as many or as few blasters as you'd like, by leaving the ammo stock, we should have a fairly level playing field whatever you bring. Also you're allowed to bring any guns that are already modded to these specifications, be it because you did it for one of the previous stock wars, or felt like modding in advance.

We'll start this earlier than usual, so that modding time doesn't cut too much into our playing time, so try to show up by 9:30 AM

Date is Set for November 24th, Gonna be fun times.

Shotgun Trail Rd.
Corona, CA 92883

Google Maps

Our previous Stock Events established our current "SCUN Throwback Rules" so we'll keep them here, Dart/Vortex Disc blocking with any blaster is legal, large ammo like Arrows, Rockets, and balls count as "shield-breakers" and still count as a hit when "blocked" by a blaster."

#322249 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Axelion burnout on 06 October 2012 - 03:10 PM in Nerf Wars

October:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23201] 20th [CA] D.I.C.K.M.O.V.E.[/url]

#322248 D.I.C.K.M.O.V.E.

Posted by Axelion burnout on 06 October 2012 - 03:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in. Hopefully we can get some locals to show up.

Posted Image

SQUIDBOAT HALL OF FAME

2010 - Apollo256 - Speed Racer
2011 - Axelion_burnout - Finn the Human
2012 - ???

#316160 B.A.B.O.G.A.B.O.

Posted by Axelion burnout on 26 May 2012 - 03:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Before
Armageddon
Buddies
Organize
Games
Around
Beachside
Octagon

When: 10am Saturday June 23rd

Where: Burke Park, Huntington Beach, CA

http://maps.google.c...e=UTF8&t=h&z=18

What to Bring: Anything you want to test out for Geddon, darts, money for lunch, water, and as always a good attitude.

Also, be sure to bring a pistol and eliminators if you have them. We usually end up playing the morning in The Octagon.

Games you might expect to play.
-Ding!
-Monday Night Combat
-Caviar Craze (we need to test this for Armageddon)
-Standard/Team Deathmatch
-Don't Get Eliminated!
-Missile Crisis
-The Octagon
-Probably a few more...

#316149 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Axelion burnout on 25 May 2012 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

It's not quite done yet, but I present the Fabu-Manta...

Posted Image

Each side has it's own custom glass mosaic...

Posted Image

And it's all generously covered in clear resin.

Posted Image

#316118 A.R.M.A.G.E.D.D.O,N!

Posted by Axelion burnout on 25 May 2012 - 03:34 AM in Nerf Wars

We're banning the super domes because it's getting to the point where the mass of one of those darts is 2 or 3 times that of a standard dome dart. There's a noticeable difference, that we feel is unsafe due to the large amount of hard mass, when compared to a normal dome (which you have none of in your sample).

The darts in the community bucket are the unclaimed darts at the end of a day, some are basically trash. If you're using darts from the bucket, you're expected to sort through and find quality darts. Everyone here brings their own quality darts to wars, and we haven't had issues in the past with anyone getting seriously hurt from darts.

You can either choose to follow the rules which we set up, or not come.
Apollo has nearly 8 years of experience hosting wars, and I'm coming up on 5, so if you don't trust our judgement as Head Badass and Mr. Number 2, you don't get SCUN. We're a dictatorship, not a democracy. We know what is best for you, and while we're always willing to take dissenting opinions into mind, it's up to us, and other experienced Nerfers to make decisions when it comes to running things smoothly.

As far as I'm concerned, all of this talk about dart types doesn't belong here. If you want bring up your opinions about something and start a discussion, start a new topic.

#316117 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Axelion burnout on 25 May 2012 - 02:46 AM in Nerf Wars

July:
[url=planning-thread-url]14th [CA] A.R.M.A.G.E.D.D.O,N![http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22487]

#314910 A.R.M.A.G.E.D.D.O,N!

Posted by Axelion burnout on 28 April 2012 - 02:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Hopefully a few other HB guys will crawl out of the woodwork for this one, but only the 7th or 14th will work for any of us.

We'll be out of the country on the later dates.

#314303 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Axelion burnout on 11 April 2012 - 08:49 PM in Nerf Wars

April:
[url=planning-thread-url]21st [CA] B.A.C.K.L.O.G.[http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22451]

#312824 S.Q.U.A.R.E.

Posted by Axelion burnout on 13 March 2012 - 10:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.

#311574 K.E.E.P.I.T.U.P.

Posted by Axelion burnout on 21 February 2012 - 03:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Me and David will be there. There's a good chance David Miles will show up, as well as Max. Seeing as how his work is literally down the street.

#307011 Fresno/Central Valley War

Posted by Axelion burnout on 05 November 2011 - 08:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Irish8 and CaliforniaPants are out from those parts. Try sending them a PM to set something up.

#305658 M.O.N.S.T.E.R. - Halloween Costume War

Posted by Axelion burnout on 10 October 2011 - 02:03 PM in Nerf Wars

The last two October Halloween wars we've had have been super fun, so we decided to do things similarly this year, as well. Basically, the only major difference is the location change.

Date: October 29th
Time: 9:45 - 4:30ish
Place Cullen Elementary School before lunch, then Ole Hammer Park after lunch... as is tradition.

http://maps.google.c...vpsrc=6&iwloc=A

The Basics:

Be sure to bring water, money for lunch, a costume, darts, blasters to use, and as always, a good attitude.

The Rundown:

-YOU NEED TO WEAR A COSTUME. If you show up without one you will be given a lame loaner costume, be shunned, and probably be the brunt of everyone's jokes throughout the day.

-Remember to consider how "nerf-friendly" your costume is. You'll be expected to play at least one round in your full costume, then you're welcome to take off some stuff that makes things too hot, or just plain uncomfortable. But it's best if you plan to have a costume that won't need any altercations throughout the day.

-If possible, try to bring some candy to share with everyone.

-There will be prizes for costumes. Who will win the coveted SQUIDBOAT trophy for 'best costume"? There will be other winners, but the categories are still undecided.

#304753 S.P.U.D.

Posted by Axelion burnout on 16 September 2011 - 02:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. Slideball should be a nice way to celebrate the start of school.

#300981 Armageddon XII Planning Thread

Posted by Axelion burnout on 04 July 2011 - 02:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Might as well just recap here...

First off, I'd just like to thank everyone that came out. I don't think anyone ever got the body count for the day (not that it's breaking any records), but that was one classy group of people who all participated. It was also good to see a lot of newer guys there, you guys are the future of SoCal Nerf, and the fact that you brought some friends helps spread our aura of awesomeness to the masses.

• Not taking any darts to the face (an unusual turn of events)
  • Introducing my cousin Max to the wonderful world of Nerf wars
  • Shooting my Splitfire at Tommy from literally 15 feet away and having the darts go around each side of him. Then I proceeded to slip and fall, drop my Splitfire, and as I was falling my Splitfire bounced off the ground and smacked me in the face.
  • Missile Crisis seems like a success, and the Nuclear Stockpile rule was a good addition.
  • Slayer's speech about "how to not suck"
  • Football Coach/Hobbyist Photographer Dad
  • I didn't bring nearly enough darts for my group with the absence of Soccerdog as Co-Huntington Beach Nerf Captain Guy Leader Person
  • Managing to revive my SS2 from the death seal of the leaky tank, only to have the coupler come off half way through the day
  • Zeke forgot one of his hoppers, so I have a nifty souvenir until we meet again.
All in all, a great day. It's always awesome putting some faces to the names and meeting everyone.

PS - We're never going to get the group photo. T_T

#299796 W.A.A.G.O.B. (SCUN June War)

Posted by Axelion burnout on 13 June 2011 - 03:43 PM in Nerf Wars

War
Ahead of
Armageddon
Goes
Over
Beautifully

When: 10am Saturday June 25th (1 week before ‘geddon)

Where: Burke Park, Huntington Beach

http://maps.google.c...e=UTF8&t=h&z=18

What to Bring: Anything you want to test out for ‘geddon, darts, money for lunch, water, and as always a good attitude.

Also, be sure to bring a pistol and eliminators if you have them. We usually end up playing the morning in The Octagon.

#298224 Armageddon XII Planning Thread

Posted by Axelion burnout on 17 May 2011 - 12:54 AM in Nerf Wars

After looking over everything in the thread (and Facebook), the date with the most opposition is the 9th. Anyone who said that they could do whatever, I put a tally down for all the dates, and anyone who wanted a specific date I put a tally down for that.

June 25th: 5
July 2nd: 9
July 9th: 9
July 16th: 6
July 23rd: 5

I'm making a Secret Vice Presidential decision here, and saying it's gonna be on July 2nd. Seeing as how Avatar of Woe(Brian), shmmee, and a few others stated that they can not make the 9th, it would be better to base the date around those with a longer travel distance, rather than the locals who live within 10 minutes of the location.

We'll give the thread another update this weekend after our SCUN war PAVLOV, and make the final decision on the location(s).

#297944 P.A.V.L.O.V.

Posted by Axelion burnout on 09 May 2011 - 08:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry, massive brainfart. I meant shotgun couplered [a la absolver.]

That should probably be fine. We're still not big fans of homemade air blasters, but if that's all he has, I'm fine with him using it if has a ton of barrels.

We'll see how it performs they day of, but I doubt we'll ban it.

#297939 P.A.V.L.O.V.

Posted by Axelion burnout on 09 May 2011 - 05:27 PM in Nerf Wars

A quick question, are homemade airguns allowed if couplered?I know they’re usually banned, but my friend doesn’t have any other primaries.

They're still banned, sorry. You can always bring it along and we can test it out the day of, but chances are we aren't going to let him use it.

We've still got 2 weeks til the war, so hopefully you guys can scrounge something together for him to use. If worse comes to worse, and you can't find anything for him to use, we have loaner guns that are all pretty decent.

#297798 P.A.V.L.O.V.

Posted by Axelion burnout on 02 May 2011 - 10:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Some of our group should be there.

#297403 Armageddon XII Planning Thread

Posted by Axelion burnout on 21 April 2011 - 02:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Could somebody explain/go over the basic rules again, assuming I do attend this. I haven't been to one of these in a while and am not sure if the rules are the same as when I last played? Gun hits counted when I last played unless it was a manta ray or something integrated with a manta ray shield. Thanks

All in due time, don't worry.

If you haven't noticed we still don't have a set location (or date). We're testing out a new site for the war next month, then we'll choose a location and give the thread a major update. We just wanted to get an opinion about when people wanted it to happen.

So, we'll update the thread later next month with games lists, what you need to bring, and much more specific rules.

#297390 Armageddon XII Planning Thread

Posted by Axelion burnout on 21 April 2011 - 10:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Any of those dates work for me. I'll be there + 1 or 2. Other than the standard rules, are we going with the brand new SoCal rules? Cause my experience is that the NEW rules suck, and don't seem like they'll work with a large ampunt of people. Anyway, thanks for planning this!

Everyone else enjoys the "classic" rules. They aren't really new either, SoCal used to play with gun blocking and different ammo types before I even started. I really don't see why it would be a problem to implement them in a large scale, either.

#297372 R.H.H.O.M.B.U.S.S

Posted by Axelion burnout on 20 April 2011 - 08:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Some of the HB group should be there.

#296948 Armageddon XII Planning Thread

Posted by Axelion burnout on 31 March 2011 - 01:12 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll throw my vote in for the 2nd.

#295711 Longtime

Posted by Axelion burnout on 09 March 2011 - 11:47 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. It'll be a nice way to celebrate the beginning of spring break.

#295572 2011 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Axelion burnout on 08 March 2011 - 03:13 PM in Nerf Wars

March
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20918]19th [CA] LONGTIME[/url]

#292732 Southern California (s.c.u.n.) January 15th War

Posted by Axelion burnout on 13 January 2011 - 02:06 AM in Nerf Wars

What's THE OCTAGON? Sounds quite interesting.

It's less of a game type, and more of a location that is perfect for pistol based games. We usually start off the day at 10 (instead of waiting for everyone to show up) and play a few rounds of single life pistol rounds, or multi team pistol rounds in THE OCTAGON. It got it's name from the fact that there are 8 trees that make up the small (2 volleyball court sized) play field.

The name also came from the awesome PC game Robot Arena: Design and Destroy. There's a level in there called THE OCTAGON.

#292717 Southern California (s.c.u.n.) January 15th War

Posted by Axelion burnout on 12 January 2011 - 10:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Added this to the 2011 Nerf War Schedule. Please post in the schedule thread next time you select a date to host a war, as I will not be hunting down wars to add to the schedule in the future, and it helps new nerfers find wars in their area.

I'll do that in the future, thanks.

#292574 Southern California (s.c.u.n.) January 15th War

Posted by Axelion burnout on 10 January 2011 - 07:30 PM in Nerf Wars

All the way in the freakin Riverside area :ph34r:

I'm not alone anymore, HUZZAH!

Nice, are you going to this War? I found a friend and he should be able to take me! So jot me down for attending.

Yeah, Bags is coming to the war. He's just exited that there are some more people from out his way, which means we can start hosting wars out in Corona again.

#291287 Southern California (s.c.u.n.) January 15th War

Posted by Axelion burnout on 21 December 2010 - 10:50 AM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image
(Artwork by Baghead )

Where: Huntington Beach, CA

We'll be meeting at Burke Park to start the day, and will most likely continue to play there after lunch, too.

Burke Park

Sowers Park

When: Saturday, January 15th 10:00 - 4:00ish

What to bring: You should know the basics by now. Bring water, money for lunch, darts, and a good attitude.

Specific game types:

-THE OCTAGON
-Team Powerball
-Sword CTF
-Deathmatch
-Team Deathmatch
-Sharkbait
-Caviar Craze?

With that said, everyone needs to have a springer pistol for certain game types.

#291169 Scun December 18th War: Christ

Posted by Axelion burnout on 19 December 2010 - 03:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow I'm in So Cal and I can' believe I didnt find out about this and go. I should visit this section more.

Anyways did it end up raining?

Yeah, it rained mostly the whole day. Not very hard, but it was a constant drizzle.

The next one is going to be in Huntington Beach on the 15th of January. I'll get to posting another war thread soon.