Starbuck's Content

There have been 249 items by Starbuck (Search limited from 13-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#97496 'appy New Year

Posted by Starbuck on 01 January 2007 - 01:59 AM in Off Topic

It's 2:00 am here in the Confederate States of America, but 'appy new year, you buncha' flunkies!

#97524 'appy New Year

Posted by Starbuck on 01 January 2007 - 08:00 PM in Off Topic

It's 2:00 am here in the Confederate States of America, but 'appy new year, you buncha' flunkies!

Shame. In 142 years they haven't updated your textbooks down there?

Happy new year, all.

Eh, when I graduated we were still usin' slate and chisels. Paper came a few years later... :rolleyes:

#63112 'big Bad' Glory

Posted by Starbuck on 05 September 2005 - 04:50 PM in General Nerf

Now the Nerf market will be flooded with BBBs. There goes my days of selling over priced loser weaponry... ;)

#61025 A Nerf Video Game

Posted by Starbuck on 03 August 2005 - 07:32 AM in Off Topic

A friend and I considered modding Arena Blast with new guns like the PC, Splitfire, Sharpshooter 2, ect. We might get around to it one day...

#61027 A Nerf Video Game

Posted by Starbuck on 03 August 2005 - 08:19 AM in Off Topic

Mods are totally legal, so if you had the full game, you'd be fine.

#16749 Ah, Yes...

Posted by Starbuck on 20 January 2004 - 06:07 PM in Off Topic

Ah, yes... feels great to be back. I thought I'd drop in and see how everyone was. Hell, half of you probably don't remember me. For all you all who don't know me, I'm the village idiot from NC and NO a fucking long time ago. I leave for a year or two or three and Nerf Online and Nerf Center phase out? What the fuck? I still can't figure that one out, but oh well. Well anyway, after a lengthy seven year stint in the world of Nerf, I'm officially hanging up the ol' gun belt and unloading the sidearm. As a matter of fact, I'm considering selling my entire arsenal and maybe some of the homemades which you all called me a liar for. I'll stick around for a while on here and see what I can do to help some of the ones looking to make homemades. Well, I'm back... get used to it. :D

#16755 Ah, Yes...

Posted by Starbuck on 20 January 2004 - 06:32 PM in Off Topic

Eh... roughly 30 some guns left right now, and a lot of those are the old school guns. I sold of more n' half my collection to kids around the neighborhood last summer. Oh yeah, is Lobster still around? Boy, I'd love to talk to that goofy bastard. Ah, good times on Nerf Online... :D

#16828 Ah, Yes...

Posted by Starbuck on 21 January 2004 - 04:52 PM in Off Topic

Oh, so nice to see you again, Vacc...

#16769 Ah, Yes...

Posted by Starbuck on 20 January 2004 - 06:53 PM in Off Topic

Thanks, cxwq. Aye, captain... I really did make em'. I have 4 homemades left. One broken (I'll fix it, damn I'm lazy! :rolleyes: ), one in piece(putting er' back together), and the other two work. I'll eventually get pictures like I was going to do three years ago. I have only one working heavy full auto or rather it worked last time I used it. Those other four are rifles. One single shot and the others magazine fed. Well, if Lobster doesn't wanna come by and say howdy, that's fine. Hell, yeah we got into back then. Those were some great times.

#70849 Any Mods On Rapidfire 20

Posted by Starbuck on 12 January 2006 - 12:06 AM in Modifications

Disregard.

#59416 Anyone Ever Shot One Of These...

Posted by Starbuck on 15 July 2005 - 06:40 PM in Off Topic

The magazine is obviously on the front. But, it does not take a "box clip" like .45s and 9mms do. You load the gun by what is called a stripper clip.

And, yes... this was the gun that Han Solo's DL-44 pistol is based on. We decided to purchase of these beauties in 7.63x25 Mauser, but we're going to convert it to fire 9mm Parabellum.

#59260 Anyone Ever Shot One Of These...

Posted by Starbuck on 13 July 2005 - 07:24 PM in Off Topic

Just outta' curiosity...

Has anyone on here ever shot any type of an 1896 Broomhandle Mauser? My father and I collect a wide array of military weapons and we are considering purchasing one of these pistols. I was just wondering how they shoot, accuracy, ect. Here's a picture for reference:

Posted Image
Any information on the acutal shooting would be helpful.

I actually have plans laid out to start on a semi-auto Nerf pistol based on the Mauser design. Probably a four or five shot semi-auto pistol. I'm looking to start on that here in the next week.

#60634 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 01:00 PM in General Nerf

LastMan... I'd say around $225.

#60595 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:57 AM in General Nerf

My arsenal. I'd really like to know how much all of this really is worth.

AirTech 3000 (2; modded)
Armorshot
Arrowstorm
Autogrip (boomstick modded)
Blast-A-Ball (2)
Ballzooka (2)
Big Bad Bow (modded; cut down to carbine)
Bow N' Arrow (5)
Blastfire
Chainblazer (3)
Crossbow (2; one unmodded, one modded)
Defender T3 (both guns modded)
Defender T3 Battle Pistol (modded)
Eagle Eye (2; modded)
Electric Eel (2)
Expand-A-Blast (modded)
Hydro Bazooka
Jango Fett Pistols (3; modded)
Lock N' Load (modded)
Mad Hornet (modded)
Manta Ray (4)
Master Blaster (2)
Maverick
Night Finder (2; modded)
N-Strike System (all 3 modded)
Powerclip (2; modded with 4 clips)
Pulsator
Rachetblast (2)
Razorbeast (2; one modded for tripod, one modded for box magazine)
Ripsaw
RotoTrack
Sawtooth (modded with 4 clips)
Secret Shot (3; modded)
Sharpshooter (3; 2 modded to fire micro darts)
Sharpshooter 2 (3; modded)
Slingshot (2)
Splitfire (2; modded)
Strongarm (modded)
SuperMaxx 250 (Luger modded)
SuperMaxx 500
SuperMaxx 1000 (lovely being restored ^_^)
SuperMaxx 1500 (3; two modded)
SuperMaxx 3000 (4; two modded)
SuperMaxx 5000 (2; both modded)
Tech Target (3; modded)
Triple Strike (modded)
Warthog (modded)
Whiptail Scorpion
Wildfire (3)
208 round ammo belt for chainguns
64 balls for the ball guns

Non-Nerf
Ruff Stuff Double Shot
Tornado
Tek 6 (modded)
"Kilroy" Magnum (modded)
Super Soaker Naboo Pistol "Duce Mk. 1" (modded)

And to back up this claim since some people over at NHQ didn't seem to believe this, here is a picture:
Posted Image
This was taken when I was first hanging all my stuff on the pegboard in my basement, so you can't see all of the guns. Most were on the floor or on tables.

Anyone have a round about guess of the value?

#60901 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 02 August 2005 - 10:42 AM in General Nerf

Alright, since posting I added a few more guns. I received a R.A.W. The Force, another Chainblazer, and 4 AirTech2000s. I figre the Force will bring some more value to mine. That brings the list to:

Airtech 2000 (2; 2 modded, 2 NIB)
AirTech 3000 (2; modded)
Armorshot
Arrowstorm
Autogrip (boomstick modded)
Blast-A-Ball (2)
Ballzooka (2)
Big Bad Bow (modded; cut down to carbine)
Bow N' Arrow (5)
Blastfire
Chainblazer (4)
Crossbow (2; one unmodded, one modded)
Defender T3 (both guns modded)
Defender T3 Battle Pistol (modded)
Eagle Eye (2; modded)
Electric Eel (2)
Expand-A-Blast (modded)
Hydro Bazooka
Jango Fett Pistols (3; modded)
Lock N' Load (modded)
Mad Hornet (modded)
Manta Ray (4)
Master Blaster (2)
Maverick
Night Finder (2; modded)
N-Strike System (all 3 modded)
Powerclip (2; modded with 4 clips)
Pulsator
Rachetblast (2)
Razorbeast (2; one modded for tripod, one modded for box magazine)
Ripsaw
RotoTrack
Sawtooth (modded with 4 clips)
Secret Shot (3; modded)
Sharpshooter (3; 2 modded to fire micro darts)
Sharpshooter 2 (3; modded)
Slingshot (2)
Splitfire (2; modded)
Strongarm (modded)
SuperMaxx 250 (Luger modded)
SuperMaxx 500
SuperMaxx 1000 (lovely being restored )
SuperMaxx 1500 (3; two modded)
SuperMaxx 3000 (4; two modded)
SuperMaxx 5000 (2; both modded)
Tech Target (3; modded)
Triple Strike (modded)
Warthog (modded)
Whiptail Scorpion
Wildfire (3)
208 round ammo belt for chainguns
64 balls for the ball guns

Non-Nerf
Ruff Stuff Double Shot
Tornado
Tek 6 (modded)
"Kilroy" Magnum (modded)
Super Soaker Naboo Pistol "Duce Mk. 1" (modded)
R.A.W. The Force (untouched with original box)

#60678 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

NerfMonkey and Hunter... I'm glad you like my collection.

Orange, I take it you are more of a collector rather than get out and use them, right? I'm glad you still have my SM500. Take good care of that pistol. I don't think you'll find another SM500 like that one. :D

#60621 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:06 PM in General Nerf

Rip, I'd say your's is around $225 seeing that they're all SuperMaxx guns.

#77388 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Starbuck on 24 March 2006 - 01:15 AM in General Nerf

Welcome to Artemis Arms...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#77435 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Starbuck on 24 March 2006 - 06:33 PM in General Nerf

...my girlfriend's.

Wait...your girlfriend Nerfs? Damn, you are a lucky bastard, now aren't you?

So, you have a massive arsenal, and a significant other who adds to it?

She's not so much a Nerfer as a modder. She really enjoys the modding side of Nerf, as do I. She also goes around to garage sales and picks up Nerf guns for me. So, she's really helped build the arsenal up.

And, yes... I'm a lucky bastard. ^_^

#77425 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Starbuck on 24 March 2006 - 04:56 PM in General Nerf

Holy cow! Please tell me those are your entire clans' guns and not just yours!

Those guns are mine and my girlfriend's.

#70697 Artemis Arms Bulldog (nf)

Posted by Starbuck on 09 January 2006 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

I was about to say... Tech Target springs, the one that is nice and fat and chrome, is a nice stock spring. I have a broken TT so I used that in the new Nite Finder. The new NF springs are quite flimsy in my opinion. But notice, I'm consistently hitting the 60s, not the 70s everytime. Look at its average.

Thanks for your compliments.

#70694 Artemis Arms Bulldog (nf)

Posted by Starbuck on 09 January 2006 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

Most Nite Finders that have been modified are chambered for the micro sized dart. I have actually seen none chambered for the heftier mega, but heard of one that does use a Nite Finder chambered for the bigger round. I personally like mega darts in my sidearms as the darts are not easily deterred by wind and packs a considerable punch.

I decided to create a mega dart firing sidearm from one of my 6 Nite Finders. Here is what I did:

First, I disassembled the gun. I removed all the air restrictors just like all other Nite Finder modifications.

Posted Image

Here, I glued together the plunger ring and plunger tube cap.

Next, I glued my ring and cap into the plunger tube. Make absolutely sure that everything is glued in sturdy because this could cause your tube to fail later on after use. I then installed a four inch 1/2" PVC barrel by gluing it tightly to the end of the plunger tube. I then wrapped the barrel in electrical tape just to add security. I also added electrical tape to the barrel for cosmetic reasons.

On the shell of the Nite Finder, I Dremeled off the round barrel holder. You can see the barrel holder Dremeled off in the picture below. Next, I Dremeled out the barrel port (where the barrel comes out of the shell) big enough for my 1/2" PVC. Note, the spring I used for this Nite Finder is from a Tech Target pistol.

Posted Image

Here is the final result:

Posted Image

Range

Ammo: 2" 3/0 weighted mega stefans
Long: 75.4 feet
Short: 59.11 feet
Avg: 65.7 feet

The Artemis Arms Bulldog is an accurate sidearm that is rugged and consistent. The range is not that of a micro firing sidearm, but when does a Nerfer engage a target with his sidearm that would require him to exceed 60 feet? The range is compensated by the wallop of its heavier round and its accuracy.

I'm not taking credit as the first to install a mega dart barrel on to a Nite Finder, but I noticed the lack of a write up. As always, feel free to PM me with questions and comments. I hope you've enjoyed yet another Starbuck/Noid modification.

#72324 Artemis Arms Luger Model #2

Posted by Starbuck on 04 February 2006 - 10:58 PM in Modifications

Thanks everyone.

I got the back sights off of an old air rifle. The front is a custom build.

Poo, I'm currently building another... it might be up on the block.

#72280 Artemis Arms Luger Model #2

Posted by Starbuck on 04 February 2006 - 05:08 PM in Modifications

Well, to drop a round into the barrel is easy, but to get the full range out of the gun, you need to place the round down in the barrel. To do this with CPVC, you'd have to use a ramrod. The breech allows the round to be placed in the prime spot for max distance.

#72278 Artemis Arms Luger Model #2

Posted by Starbuck on 04 February 2006 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

As many of you have seen before, I made a Luger Artillery replica a while ago. It's a great pistol, but now days, I feel that muzzle loading Nerf weapon are quickly fading out with the advent of the bolt action and breech.

I just recently completed an installation of updated componets to the Luger. Here's the new Artemis Arms P-08 Luger, Model #2, Officer's Improved.

Posted Image
This is the original Luger. It was a muzzle loading pistol with great accuracy.

Posted Image
Now, here's the Officer's Improved model. I took a 2.5" piece of 1/2" PVC and bored it out with a 5/8 drill bit on a drill press. I found that this fits 1/2" CPVC great. I then took a 7.5" piece of 1/2" CPVC and cut a 2" breech in it and glued it to the Luger. I then cut a breech hole on the 1/2" PVC the same size as on the 1/2" CPVC and slip the PVC over it. I then added my sights and taped it all up.

Posted Image
To load the Luger, simply twist the 1/2" PVC around so that the breech is open. Drop in a round and twist again to close it. This speeds up reloading quite a bit.

Feel free to ask questions. Hope you've enjoyed another Artemis Arms creation.

Posted Image

#70832 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 11 January 2006 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

My question, however, is what effect does it have on corrugated cardboard at various ranges,for cardboard is the prime material for shield making.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Answer your question? :)

At 25 feet with 26 pumps, I fired 4 shots. 3 rounds hit my target. 2 rounds punched completely through, whereas the other did not, but rather got stuck.

Thank you for your kind words.

#70812 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 11 January 2006 - 07:25 PM in Modifications

After reading that some nuts on NHQ were using shields of made of cardboard and styrofoam, I began to think, "What would I do if I saw some idiot with a shield or body armor like that?" Well, I found the answer; a high powered anti-personnel rifle.

Seeing that our fine sharpshooters in Iraq were equipped with Barret Arms .50 calibers, I wanted to produce a magazine fed (removable magazine), high powered, big bore, long range rifle. What I came up with was the Artemis Arms Mk. 1 "Mountain Rifle." Here's what I did:

Posted Image

I modified my Titan by removing the air restrictors and plugging the over release valve, just routine things. I then cut a piece of 1/2" PVC at a length of 1.5'. I took that piece of PVC and cut out a breech wide and long (1.5"x2.25") enough to fit a mega dart. Next I glued that barrel to my Titan. Nothing new there.

I then found a nice piece of orange plastic tubing that fit my 1/2" PVC well. I cut a 4 inch piece of this to use as my bolt. I installed the new bolt to my barrel. What I had now was essentially a big bore single shot breech loader.

I next found a piece of a black tube off an old model Blast Bazooka. I Dremeled out a bolt channel and cut my magazine port on the bottom. I then glued on this black piece (we'll call it my "shroud") to my Titan. Finally for this step, I glued on my bolt, which is made of a 4 inch piece of dowel rod, to my bolt.

Posted Image

Finally, I made my magazine. I used a cassette tape case. The case's width is perfect for micros, but I had to widen it a bit to fit my mega darts. I needed a spring. I managed to make a spring from an old grandfather clock coil spring. I hammered it out flat and use a blow torch to heat it up so I could bend it in a "zig-zag" shape. I used several popsicle sticks glued together to make my magazine follower. To keep the magazine attached to the Titan, I made two small clips out of aluminum sheeting. I glued these to the bottom of the Titan. On my magazine, I Dremeled a shallow channels that the aluminum clips will slide into to hold it in place. To remove the magazine, merely lift the aluminum plate clips and pull the magazine straight down. The capacity on the magazine is 5 rounds.

To load the rifle, push the bolt forward and pull it back. This allows one round to be loaded into the chamber.

Posted Image

Data

Range

I didn't get to shoot a lot of rounds outside, but I had a chance to squeeze off 10 rounds. Here's what I got:

Ammo: 2" Mega stefans with 3/0 weight
Rifle primed to 25 pumps.

163.3'
165.8'
154.2'
150.6'
167.4'
164.7'
149.1'
158.5'
164.2'
159.9'

Long: 167.4'
Short: 149.1'
Avg: 159.77'

I also did some testing to demonstrate the power of this gun. Observe:

At 40 feet, I made Swiss cheese of this piece of .5" thick styrofoam with 20 pumps.
Posted Image

At 25 feet, I hit this hefty block of 1.5" styrofoam three times blowing sizeable holes in it. I primed the rifle with 25 pumps.
Posted Image

At 25 feet, I hit this piece of cardboard 3 out of 4 times. It punched through twice and penetrated enough to get one round stuck about half way through.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Using the mega darts in this rifle allows for a heavier round. A heavier round is less likely to be disturbed by wind during its flight path. The mass of the round also gives an extra punch that a smaller micro dart lacks.

As you can see, this is one heck of a gun. To shoot an "unarmored" target under 70 feet would probably inflict abundant pain. One could also honestly drop a target out at 120-130 feet with ease. Any armored target under 70 feet would be dead meat. I'm currently working on making at least two more magazines for the rifle. So, once I can get those finished, I believe this will be a very deadly weapon. And yes... I realize that most people would ban this rifle from a war, but it's still pretty neat.

Hope you've enjoyed a Starbuck/Noid modification.

#70933 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 13 January 2006 - 02:52 PM in Modifications

I dunno if covering cardboard with stuff would shield the rounds. I'm guessing it'll show them down, but won't stop them completely.

#70936 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 13 January 2006 - 03:20 PM in Modifications

Um... but shields are really retarded. No one is going to lug around a wooden shield, especially to protect them from foam darts.

Anyway, back on the subject of the rifle, I forget to say that I installed a thick plastic straw instead of a BIC pen. That, as you know, allows the air to be released quicker.

#70955 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 13 January 2006 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

Artemis Arms is my modification and consulting company. I give advice to modders and will also modify their Nerf weapons to their specifications.

The company is pretty much me, my girlfriend (when she's in the Nerfing mood), and my buddy Bill (who will be the webmaster of the new website). The website will be opening soon. It won't have forums, but rather galleries of custom guns, my modification services, and a Q&A column for advice to modders of all levels. The forums are taken care of here at NH and over on TINH.

I'm all for modifying your own guns, but some people don't have the tools to do it, so I offer my modification services at a very reasonable price. There are no limits to the mods I can perform. From routine replacement barrel installations to installing a magazine system on a gun, Artemis Arms does it all.

I hope to get this thing rolling soon.

#72417 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 05 February 2006 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

I don't care about your shield.

Congrats, you're retarded.

#70818 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 11 January 2006 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

Thanks. Eh... the ROF is around 5, I'd guess. Maybe 6. I'm not sure, but I'll figure it out later.

#82207 Artemis Arms Presents...

Posted by Starbuck on 22 May 2006 - 12:14 AM in Modifications

Much thanks, gentlemen.

To answer a couple questions:

The magazine is flawless. The darts have not fallen out once when he or I have carried it in several different expeditions. It turned out 110% better than I could have imagined.

The industrial springs I use are purchased at my Home Depot. I think the pack (two springs) is $3.90ish. I've put those springs in all customs Nite Finders I've done thus far and all I hear is positive results as far as performance goes. Most of my customers tell me that my guns shoot where you point them, so if a target is missed, it's the shooter's fault... not the gun. :P

#82176 Artemis Arms Presents...

Posted by Starbuck on 21 May 2006 - 05:38 PM in Modifications

It's been a good while since I've posted anything productive, so here it goes.

These are just some custom Nite Finders that different people have contracted Artemis Arms to build for them. All guns were built by me to the exact specs that the customer gives.

Posted Image

This gun was ordered by ucdk9. It was built by his specifications. I installed a Mini Mag-Lite in the old laser box, I mounted a laser pointer to the left side, installed a new heavy duty industrial spring with reinforcement and a 1/2" CPVC barrel nested into 1/2" PVC. The Mag-Lite is activated by pulling the trigger like on a stock Nite Finder. He requested the whole gun to be painted black. He was quite pleased with his gun.

Posted Image
This is three that I did for several friends. Allow me to tell you about each.

The very top gun is a very unique pistol. It started life as my original Bulldog Mk. 1 Nite Finder, an upgraded mega firing Nite Finder. I did extensive work on the body with bondo. I filled in the grooves on the back of the grip and sanded it even to give a much better feel. After seeing Piney's EX-3 with the extended sight plane, I decided to give it a complete sight plane and build out the end. I also put some lead .44 caliber bullets into the grip where the batteries go to help balance the weight. It fires mega darts with freakish accuracy and gets superb ranges for what it is. This new model has been named the Artemis Arms Bulldog Mk. 2 "Contender." The paintjob looks much better up close and it real life... the chrome looks funky with the camera. Whoever ends up the owner of this one will be a lucky person.

The middle pistol is a very simple one. It has all unecessary shenanigans removed. It has a new industrial strength spring with reinforcement on the plunger head. The barrel is 1/2" CPVC nested in 1/2" PVC and then a 1/2" coupler added to that. This is so that different attachments that the customer wants such as a detachable flashlight, silencer, ect. can be secured and removed easily.

The last is a rather nifty little pistol. One of my Nerfing buddies contracted me for this one. He wanted a good pistol for indoors, but wanted me to come up with something new. I built this Nite Finder on the original NF body. I upgraded his spring and removed the laser components. I then wanted to use my creative freedom. I installed the 1/2" CPVC barrel and installed a ported 3/4" CPVC shroud over it and it crossed my mind that it looked in a funny way like an Intratec Tec 9. I then wanted to install something to mimick the magazine like the Tec 9. I took a piece of 1/2" PVC and cut out a hole in the bottom of the Nite Finder so that it would fit inside where the former laser was housed. This fake "magazine" would be used a forward grip and after accuracy testing, there was enough data to suggest that the forward grip increased accuracy. However, personally I do not like to put on things that are unecessary such as fake magazines, laser lights, ect so I looked to make it into more than a vertical forward hand grip. I then remembered the style Nerf we play around here now. It was moved indoors into a church, so it's close quarters combat. One thing that really will get you killed in these conditions is reloading. I wear a bandolier across my chest so that ammo is easy to reach, but many just keep ammo in their pockets. My friend who contracted me is one who uses his pockets. I got the idea to make this grip into a tube magazine for dart storage. But then arose the question of how to keep the darts in the tube without falling out, but are easy to access when needed. I came up with putting a piece of string across the bottom with a fishing sinker attached in the middle. The darts are stacked vertical in the pipe and are held in place by the sinker/string. To access a round, merely hit the sinker with your finger and a round pops out. The sinker's weight returns the string to its original place in time to catch the next dart that falls down the pipe. Here's a close up of the magazine:
Posted Image

The magazine holds 7 stefans or 4 stock rounds. It is surprisingly useful, especially if you don't have time to reach down in pockets/pouches/ect. It is detachable so it can be removed to be holstered or to use as a standard sized sidearm. And yes... I don't condone painting guns solid black. It was done at his request.

Let me know what you all think about those. If you're interested in custom gun work, PM me and we shall talk. As always, feel free to ask questions. I hope you've enjoyed another Starbuck/Noid modification.

#97287 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 27 December 2006 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

So it's been months since I've officially released anything from the Armory. I've been working on several projects at once, which is a bad idea, but keeps me busy nonetheless! Anyway, gentlemen, Artemis Arms is proud to present to you...

The Artemis T-25 CS-6 with Mk. II Devastator MPL (Multi-purpose Launcher)

Posted Image

1. The Mark II Devastator MPL. Titan airtank and pump with new heavy duty plastic tubing to ensure no leaking. There is a 1/2" CPVC coupler epoxied to the threaded front of the airtank to accept barrels.

2. 7" 1/2" CPVC barrel nested into 1/2" PVC barrel. Insert into the MPL's coupler for shotgun/long range weapon. Capable of firing single mircos, megas, or 6 megas in shotgun fashion.

Posted Image

3. Nerf balls. Perhaps the most underrated of all ammo. I found that firing the standard Nerf ball from the MPL's stock barrel yields a most pleasant surprise.

4. Standard Titan rockets. I always wanted to take a Titan left in rocket launching configuration into a fire fight, but was too cumbersome. I have an excuse to field one now.

Posted Image

5. CS-6 stripper clip. I talked about these here. The fastest way to replenish Longshot magazines.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

6. A nice NC Star red dot tactical scope. Provides pinpoint accuracy with micros.

Ranges

Longshot

Micro:

Long- 91.3 feet
Short- 83.4 feet
Average- 87.7 feet

Mega:

Long- 91.4 feet
Short- 78.5 feet
Avg- 88.4 feet

MPL

Rocket:
Long: 179.4'
Short: 153.7'
Average: 163.2'

Ball:
Long: 77.7'
Short: 63.1'
Average: 68.2'

Micro:
Long: 240.4'
Short: 222.6'
Average: 237.9'

Mega:
Long: 203.2'
Short: 187.8'
Average: 196.5'

Megas fired in shotgun form
Spread: 2' spread consistently
Range: Averaged out at a near constant 56'.

Posted Image
Intimidating, no? (And thanks to my dad for being the hand model)

Notes

The Longshot itself is nothing out of the ordinary. Has the standard spring replacement and air restrictor removal modifications that you would expect to see.

The MPL is a nifty addition to the Longshot. Not only does in provide a railgun/shotgun, but a fearsome rocket launcher. One of my cohorts told me that it was like have a "combat boot shot at me." It's attached to the CS-6 via black zip ties. The reasoning behind the zip ties is that I did not want to remove the bi-pod. If I wanted to take off the MPL, I'd just cut the zip ties. The MPL is very secure and does not move at all. The valve release rod has a small knob attached for easier firing. The MPL is fairly accurate once you get used to the system.

The MPL is angled slighty to compensate for it being mounted so low. This improves accuracy quite a bit. Yes, I will be painting the whole system very soon. Yes, I am aware that this looks like an M203 grenade launcher.

I usually do not like optics on my weapons, but I had this red dot that was borked, so I rewired it and stuck it on my CS-6. I zeroed it in as best I could and it turned out to be an excellent addition. Yes, it can handle the vibration of spring/air guns.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my system. It offeres me a stable multi-shot infatry weapon, a long range rifle, a close range shotgun, and an intimidating rocket launcher.

I hope you all enjoyed this Artemis Arms modification. And as always feel free to ask questions. Stay tuned for more Starbuck/Noid modifications.

Edit- Ranges added

#97482 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 31 December 2006 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

How are getting such ranges with the micros in the MPL? And that is a pretty sick gun. I like the mods, and good to see somebody turn the LS into a small battalion's worth of Nerf firepower.

Well the MPL is a Titan in all regards to performance. It's common for Titans to get 200+ feet with micros if not much further.

Glad you like it.

#97466 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 31 December 2006 - 01:28 PM in Modifications

Umm.. do the balls shoot out the orange barrel or the smaller one.. and how? I always wanted to make a ball shooter but I never found the right pipe.

I take a nice chewed up Nerf ball, I'm talking one that came with my Ballzooka back in '95, and stuff it into the Titan barrel. I had to Dremel the inside of it a bit to fit the ball ammunition.

#97314 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 28 December 2006 - 02:26 PM in Modifications

Scary and intimidating? Hell yeah. Good looking and clean? No. I love that you can fire all these different types of ammo. I can't stand seeing things like zip ties holding the internals of another gun onto the main peice. The stripper clips are badass. So overall I got mixed reviews one this one.

One thing I would reccomend is cutting off the bipod and cutting out that blue bit that comes with it underneath the bipod. Make sure it is straight and then epoxy,goop,glue the Titan pressure chamber onto the gun where the bipod used to be. Then using some big peice of PVC maybe 1.5 or 2" in diameter. Cut that in a half pipe and make some kinda of attachment to it so the Titan now becomes a pump action. Much like how that Laser master blaser gun worked.

What can I say I love the pump action. ;)

Observe:

It's attached to the CS-6 via black zip ties. The reasoning behind the zip ties is that I did not want to remove the bi-pod. If I wanted to take off the MPL, I'd just cut the zip ties. The MPL is very secure and does not move at all. The valve release rod has a small knob attached for easier firing. The MPL is fairly accurate once you get used to the system.

The whole point of the MPL at this stage is to be removeable. Yes, I actually use the bi-pod feature on the Longshot, especially when indoors. Therefore, I did not remove the bi-pod. I chose to attach the MPL using zip ties since they are easy to work with. So yes, I was fully aware that taking out the whole front under section would afford lots of room, and I might do that in the future, but the bi-pod are useful to me in certain situations. For what it is, a removeable launcher on a stock gun shell, it's as clean as one can get.

I agree, the zip ties are not pleasing to the eye. A nice paint job should make the ties less noticeable. I'll be painting it soon, so no worries.

Wow! Great mod. What spring did you use to replace or add? did you add any barrel material? Did you increase the real between the bolt and barrel? Thanks a lot

Thank you, sir. The spring I used is from Home Depot. They are called "Handyman Springs." They work wonders. I added no barrel material since the stock barrel is conducive for my mega stefans. And... I don't believe I understand your last question, InkJet.

#97457 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 31 December 2006 - 02:37 AM in Modifications

Be careful with those springs in new style nfs, unless you are going to be reinforcing the plunger rods. I have broken three with these springs without even seeing too much use. I have to admit they are pretty good springs, although they are kinda hard to cut.

They are rediculous to cut. I had to whip out the ol' Dremel cutting disc to cut three coils off to fit it in my DT-3 pistol.

My experience with the Handyman and Nite Finders has been pleasant. I've had two plunger head break on me from about six months worth of use, though. I reinforced the plunger head with a steel disc and I've had no problems since. They'll boot a dart out damn near 100 feet in a Nite Finder, and I've hit over that several times.

The Longshot can take the Handyman springs without a problem. I've seen no signs of stress in the casing after four months of use. The only drawback is for a younger kid, it might be hard to operate the bolt. Sometimes it will jam in but I nice heavy jerk remedies that.

#97301 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 28 December 2006 - 12:06 AM in Modifications

Glad you all like it.

I am more than pleased with the setup. One might surmise that the weight of the weapon becomes excessive once the MPL is mounted, but it's not bad at all.

I feel that I'm not quite finished with it. Seems that there is something else to be done...