Starbuck's Content

There have been 249 items by Starbuck (Search limited from 13-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#59108 Defender T3 Mod (full Write Up And Pics)

Posted by Starbuck on 11 July 2005 - 11:05 PM in Modifications

Well, as many of you all know, I have successfully turned a Defender T3 Battle Pistol into, in my opinion, one of the best pistols today. Well, yesterday I acquired a whole Defender T3 gun (arrow launcher and pistol) with the original box. The box made me laugh... that kid on the back with all that Cyber Stryke junk on... what a dork. ^_^ Anyway, I started work on the DT3 yesterday and just completed testing today. Here is what I have done:

Posted Image
First, I started with the Battle Pistol.

Posted Image
I dissassembled the gun and took out all the internals. I took a Dremel tool and Dremeled the front two “rings” on the inside of the casing to fit 3/4" PVC. Note, 3/4" PVC is the only thing I had available.

Posted Image
Here is my "bull barrel." It's 1/2" CPVC nested in 3/4"PVC. I cut a 4-inch piece of 1/2" CPVC. Then, I cut a 3.5 inch piece of 3/4" PVC. I wrapped the CPVC in electrical tape. Next, I took a mallet and tapped it into the 3/4" PVC. I then wrapped the 3/4" PVC in electrical tape. Finally, I Dremeled a hole in the plunger tube the size of the 1/2" CPVC and hot glued the new barrel to the plunger tube. I wrapped the back portion of the barrel and the top portion of the plunger tube in electrical tape for additional strength. You can see a better side view of the plunger tube/barrel below.

Posted Image
Here, I took off the plunger assembly and replaced the dinky stock spring with a more powerful spring from a broken Sharpshooter 2.

Posted Image
Here are the internals with the new bull barrel installed.

Posted Image
Here are my two Defender T3 Battle Pistols. Note, that the top Battle Pistol has a longer barrel than the bottom one. This is so that this pistol can fit into the arrow launcher. The bottom pistol is used as a pistol only.

Posted Image
Now to the arrow launcher*. This launcher has the biggest spring I have ever seen (save the Bow n' Arrow). I know people have put this spring into a Crossbow and have gotten great results. I stretched the spring a little bit, first off. Then, I sawed off most of the stock barrel. I then added a 3" piece of 1/2" CPVC to the barrel and wrapped it in electrical tape. Not pictured is the surgical rubber I use to boost the performance. Note, on top of the launcher where the handle used to be is now a sight. See the next section for further details. * (I know this mod has been done before, so I am not taking credit)

Posted Image
What I did here was Dremel off all the handle components. I then Dremeled off the front section of the Armor Shot ammo holder (the front sloped part) and Dremeled a square in that piece. Next, I took the plastic sight out of a Bow N' Arrow and went over the reticle with a fine tipped pen. I then mounted the sight onto the Armor Shot piece to give me my sight. This thing was a pleasant surprise, as I found it to be an accurate device.

See the next post for the rest of the mod...

#59109 Defender T3 Mod (full Write Up And Pics)

Posted by Starbuck on 11 July 2005 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
I then proceeded to mount another weapon to my DT3. This is one of the more odd weapons I have created. It's an Auto-Grip "Boomstick." I Dremeled off everything, leaving only the bare plunger tube. I then nested a 5" piece of 1/2" CPVC in a 2" piece of 3/4" PVC and hot glued into the plunger tube. One of my buddies wrapped the whole thing in electrical tape for reasons unknown to me (^_^). I then took a 4" piece of a metal coat hanger, wrapped it in electrical tape and taped it to the gun and positioned it so that the 4" piece hits the small trigger/release button on the Auto-Grip. All one has to do to fire the boomstick is hit the metal piece (a better picture can bee seen below). This little oddity has an average range of 79.3 feet per shot. Not too shabby at all...

Posted Image
Here is the firing mechanism. As stated before, it's a piece of coat hanger metal attached to hit the trigger when hit or squeezed.

Posted Image
I found that the boomstick fit perfectly into the arrow holder on the belt clip of the weapon. I stuck the hind quarters in the holder and mounted the barrel along the side of the weapon, seen here.

Posted Image
Here is the overall final product. What was once a booed upon piece of junk has now been turned into a 3 shot 80+ feet sidearm.

The Defender T3 I have here is in almost new condition; I believe that contributes to the longer ranges in both the pistol and the arrow launcher.

Official data

Weapon: Defender T3 (released 1996)
Modification: Yes; new spring, surgical rubber, CPVC barrel(s)
Ammunition: 1.5" Stephan; weighted with 3/0 sinker
Wind: light head wind (under 5 mph)
Angle fired from: Flat
Height of gun when fire: 5'5.5"
Terrain fired upon: Flat; grass

DT3 Battle Pistol (new; Pistol #2)
Long: 89'
Short: 81'
Avg: 84.2’

Arrow Launcher
Long: 98'
Short: 82'
Avg: 93.8’

Auto-Grip (Boomstick)
Long: 85'
Short: 74'
Avg: 79.3’

This Defender T3 is the perfect compliment to my new Magnum pistol. When using them in tandem, chaos reigns supreme on the battlefield. I understand that for many of you both the Mag and the DT3 are larger weapons, but since I am a man of larger stature (6’5”), I find it to be no burden to wield both of these weapons on the battlefield. As always, feel free to ask me questions or PM me. I hope you have enjoyed yet another Starbuck/Noid modification.

#59115 Defender T3 Mod (full Write Up And Pics)

Posted by Starbuck on 12 July 2005 - 12:22 AM in Modifications

Thank you, Viper. Yes, I agree about the arrow launcher. It has a larger plunger and spring than the Crossbow, so it has potential that some don't recognize. Many have not given the DT3 a chance.

#59127 Defender T3 Mod (full Write Up And Pics)

Posted by Starbuck on 12 July 2005 - 09:57 AM in Modifications

Thanks, guys.

Seal, my catch works fine. I really don't have a problem with anything falling off.

We might as well call it "National Mod" week, as I've already posted two mods and I've got a couple more to write up and post.

#59192 New Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 12 July 2005 - 11:55 PM in General Nerf

I had one a year ago and modded it with great success. I cut six 3" pieces of 1/2" CPVC and wrapped electrical tape around them about 3/4 of the length. I Dremeled the exposed portion so that it would fit into the barrels on the drum. I them jammed the inserts into the barrels so that the CPVC fits down in the "slots" so the SuperMaxx air vavles would open. I was consistly hitting over 80 with four pumps. PM me if you have any questions.

#59196 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by Starbuck on 13 July 2005 - 12:34 AM in Modifications

Great find! This thing looks to have potential. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these... :nugget:

Edit: What's the accuracy like?

#59215 New Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 13 July 2005 - 11:21 AM in General Nerf

Yes, I used CPVC that I Dremeled to get in there. I can't remember if I had to Dremel some of the insde of the barrel or not. But, regardless I got them in there. You just have to work with it.

#59260 Anyone Ever Shot One Of These...

Posted by Starbuck on 13 July 2005 - 07:24 PM in Off Topic

Just outta' curiosity...

Has anyone on here ever shot any type of an 1896 Broomhandle Mauser? My father and I collect a wide array of military weapons and we are considering purchasing one of these pistols. I was just wondering how they shoot, accuracy, ect. Here's a picture for reference:

Posted Image
Any information on the acutal shooting would be helpful.

I actually have plans laid out to start on a semi-auto Nerf pistol based on the Mauser design. Probably a four or five shot semi-auto pistol. I'm looking to start on that here in the next week.

#59376 Just Basic Mod, How Do U Do It!

Posted by Starbuck on 15 July 2005 - 10:11 AM in Modifications

I will PM this poor man and help him.

#59379 Groove's Nf

Posted by Starbuck on 15 July 2005 - 10:24 AM in Modifications

Very nice, Groove. I mounted an SSPB in a buddy's NF a while back like that. They just look cleaner that way. Overall a nice, clean modification. I'd like to see the ranges on it.

#59416 Anyone Ever Shot One Of These...

Posted by Starbuck on 15 July 2005 - 06:40 PM in Off Topic

The magazine is obviously on the front. But, it does not take a "box clip" like .45s and 9mms do. You load the gun by what is called a stripper clip.

And, yes... this was the gun that Han Solo's DL-44 pistol is based on. We decided to purchase of these beauties in 7.63x25 Mauser, but we're going to convert it to fire 9mm Parabellum.

#59536 New Member-saying Hello

Posted by Starbuck on 17 July 2005 - 06:53 PM in General Nerf

We milsim somewhat around here. It's more of a hybrid. I wrote a thread about that a while back. It can be seen here.

#59698 Mystery Gun!

Posted by Starbuck on 19 July 2005 - 09:08 PM in General Nerf

No, no! The DT3 pistols, once modded, is one of the most accurate and powerful pistols ever. Check out my mod. This gun is one of the, if not the most underrated gun ever.

#59707 Mystery Gun!

Posted by Starbuck on 19 July 2005 - 11:04 PM in General Nerf

No, the Backlash is. The thing is smaller than a NF and gets 70'+ flat.

~ompa

I agree, the Backlash, when modded, is crazy, but I said it is one of the most underrated guns. In my opinion and since I am biased torwards it, I think it's the most underrated.

#59883 Rubber Bands And Ranges (or Other Stretchy Things)

Posted by Starbuck on 22 July 2005 - 12:27 PM in General Nerf

I am in favor of banding. Acutally... I use surgical rubber. It doesn't look as goofy as rubber bands.

Yes, I've had plungers start to warp up on me, but this can be corrected by soaking in hot water and putting into a vise. A way to prevent warping is to remove the bands when you're not using the gun.

I test all my guns with banding. However, I denote all the mods performed on a gun whn I post a write up.

#59994 Just Got A Sharpshooter

Posted by Starbuck on 23 July 2005 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

I came up with this conversion for the Sharpshooter 1. It can be seen here: http://nerfhaven.com...hl=sharpshooter. I wouldn't do this to the in box Sharpshooter, especially since it has the original type 1 darts.

#60056 Gear

Posted by Starbuck on 24 July 2005 - 12:21 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Here we have a standard military black web belt. I have two U.S. M-16 pouches that fit my PC clips well. On the back of each pouch, there is a smaller pouch where I keep ammo for my DT3. I keep the DT3 clipped to the side. The PC is for quick short range shots, while the arrow shooter is for longer ranges. I can dissengage the pistol for my sidearm. Sometimes, I just take the PC and the DT3 pistol and leave the arrow launcher behind. This setup works very well for me.

#60058 Gear

Posted by Starbuck on 24 July 2005 - 12:36 PM in General Nerf

The PC is sometimes used with a strap. I lend it to my friend so he can put it on his SM5k since it's longer.

#60072 Favortie Sm/larami Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 24 July 2005 - 02:27 PM in General Nerf

I've owned all of the Larami guns, even the rare SuperMaxx 1500 Arrow launcher. My favorites would be the SM500 and the SM1000. The 1000 wins because of rate of fire. I'm currently trying to restore one since I sold mine like an idiot.

#60595 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:57 AM in General Nerf

My arsenal. I'd really like to know how much all of this really is worth.

AirTech 3000 (2; modded)
Armorshot
Arrowstorm
Autogrip (boomstick modded)
Blast-A-Ball (2)
Ballzooka (2)
Big Bad Bow (modded; cut down to carbine)
Bow N' Arrow (5)
Blastfire
Chainblazer (3)
Crossbow (2; one unmodded, one modded)
Defender T3 (both guns modded)
Defender T3 Battle Pistol (modded)
Eagle Eye (2; modded)
Electric Eel (2)
Expand-A-Blast (modded)
Hydro Bazooka
Jango Fett Pistols (3; modded)
Lock N' Load (modded)
Mad Hornet (modded)
Manta Ray (4)
Master Blaster (2)
Maverick
Night Finder (2; modded)
N-Strike System (all 3 modded)
Powerclip (2; modded with 4 clips)
Pulsator
Rachetblast (2)
Razorbeast (2; one modded for tripod, one modded for box magazine)
Ripsaw
RotoTrack
Sawtooth (modded with 4 clips)
Secret Shot (3; modded)
Sharpshooter (3; 2 modded to fire micro darts)
Sharpshooter 2 (3; modded)
Slingshot (2)
Splitfire (2; modded)
Strongarm (modded)
SuperMaxx 250 (Luger modded)
SuperMaxx 500
SuperMaxx 1000 (lovely being restored ^_^)
SuperMaxx 1500 (3; two modded)
SuperMaxx 3000 (4; two modded)
SuperMaxx 5000 (2; both modded)
Tech Target (3; modded)
Triple Strike (modded)
Warthog (modded)
Whiptail Scorpion
Wildfire (3)
208 round ammo belt for chainguns
64 balls for the ball guns

Non-Nerf
Ruff Stuff Double Shot
Tornado
Tek 6 (modded)
"Kilroy" Magnum (modded)
Super Soaker Naboo Pistol "Duce Mk. 1" (modded)

And to back up this claim since some people over at NHQ didn't seem to believe this, here is a picture:
Posted Image
This was taken when I was first hanging all my stuff on the pegboard in my basement, so you can't see all of the guns. Most were on the floor or on tables.

Anyone have a round about guess of the value?

#60621 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:06 PM in General Nerf

Rip, I'd say your's is around $225 seeing that they're all SuperMaxx guns.

#60626 Supermaxx 1500 Arrow Shooter

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:28 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image
This is it. That picture is from Nerf World.

I owned one of these about seven years ago. It was apart of the SuperMaxx Air System (SMAS). The 1500 Arrow Shooter was basically the Larami 2000 with a six shot arrow turret added to the front. You can see this from another pic from Nerf World:
Posted Image

The Arrow Shooter was incredibly beastly. It had the air tank of the SM2000/5000, but had a six shot revolving turret. I believe this to be the number one rarest gun out there besides the SuperTech 9000.

#60630 Supermaxx 1500 Arrow Shooter

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 12:53 PM in General Nerf

Yes... This is the SuperTech 9000.

Posted Image
And yet another beautiful picture from our friends at Nerf World.

It was a SuperMaxx 2000 with a different paint scheme and a stock. These are rediculously rare. I've seen one of these a couple times. A kid in my neighborhood had one, but he threw it away a long time ago. What shame.

#60634 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 01:00 PM in General Nerf

LastMan... I'd say around $225.

#60678 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 30 July 2005 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

NerfMonkey and Hunter... I'm glad you like my collection.

Orange, I take it you are more of a collector rather than get out and use them, right? I'm glad you still have my SM500. Take good care of that pistol. I don't think you'll find another SM500 like that one. :D

#60898 Supermaxx 1500 Arrow Shooter

Posted by Starbuck on 02 August 2005 - 10:27 AM in General Nerf

They got them from old eBay auctions.

#60901 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Starbuck on 02 August 2005 - 10:42 AM in General Nerf

Alright, since posting I added a few more guns. I received a R.A.W. The Force, another Chainblazer, and 4 AirTech2000s. I figre the Force will bring some more value to mine. That brings the list to:

Airtech 2000 (2; 2 modded, 2 NIB)
AirTech 3000 (2; modded)
Armorshot
Arrowstorm
Autogrip (boomstick modded)
Blast-A-Ball (2)
Ballzooka (2)
Big Bad Bow (modded; cut down to carbine)
Bow N' Arrow (5)
Blastfire
Chainblazer (4)
Crossbow (2; one unmodded, one modded)
Defender T3 (both guns modded)
Defender T3 Battle Pistol (modded)
Eagle Eye (2; modded)
Electric Eel (2)
Expand-A-Blast (modded)
Hydro Bazooka
Jango Fett Pistols (3; modded)
Lock N' Load (modded)
Mad Hornet (modded)
Manta Ray (4)
Master Blaster (2)
Maverick
Night Finder (2; modded)
N-Strike System (all 3 modded)
Powerclip (2; modded with 4 clips)
Pulsator
Rachetblast (2)
Razorbeast (2; one modded for tripod, one modded for box magazine)
Ripsaw
RotoTrack
Sawtooth (modded with 4 clips)
Secret Shot (3; modded)
Sharpshooter (3; 2 modded to fire micro darts)
Sharpshooter 2 (3; modded)
Slingshot (2)
Splitfire (2; modded)
Strongarm (modded)
SuperMaxx 250 (Luger modded)
SuperMaxx 500
SuperMaxx 1000 (lovely being restored )
SuperMaxx 1500 (3; two modded)
SuperMaxx 3000 (4; two modded)
SuperMaxx 5000 (2; both modded)
Tech Target (3; modded)
Triple Strike (modded)
Warthog (modded)
Whiptail Scorpion
Wildfire (3)
208 round ammo belt for chainguns
64 balls for the ball guns

Non-Nerf
Ruff Stuff Double Shot
Tornado
Tek 6 (modded)
"Kilroy" Magnum (modded)
Super Soaker Naboo Pistol "Duce Mk. 1" (modded)
R.A.W. The Force (untouched with original box)

#61025 A Nerf Video Game

Posted by Starbuck on 03 August 2005 - 07:32 AM in Off Topic

A friend and I considered modding Arena Blast with new guns like the PC, Splitfire, Sharpshooter 2, ect. We might get around to it one day...

#61027 A Nerf Video Game

Posted by Starbuck on 03 August 2005 - 08:19 AM in Off Topic

Mods are totally legal, so if you had the full game, you'd be fine.

#61551 Boomstick And Other Delights...

Posted by Starbuck on 09 August 2005 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

Here lately people have been hounding me to post something on my boomstick. I used the Auto-Grip, yet another hated on gun, to make a stick of death. I can add the Armor-Shot to the long list of guns I've pulled from the abyss.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

These guns are super simple. Take a Dremel tool and remove all excess shenanigans on the outside of the gun (the extra plastic that holds stuff on). On the Auto-Grip, remove the flip up handled and Dremel all around that. Then hot glue in a 3" piece of 3/4" CPVC where the air hose was located. In the 3/4" CPVC, nest a 6" piece of 1/2" CPVC. Finally, cut a 3.5" piece off of a coat hanger. Tape it on to the gun so that by pushing the metal rod, it engages the small trigger.

On the Armor-Shot, take off the flip up ammo holder. Again, I Dremeled off all the excess plastic (i.e. the plastic that holds the handle). I then Dremeled a hole 1/2" in diameter on the front of the plunger tube. I then glued on a 4" piece of 1/2" CPVC. I wrapped some electrical tape around both of the boomsticks to add support. I added rubber bands to the Armor-Shot because I felt it needed more velocity.

Both of these are 70+ feet firing weapons. The official long on the boomstick is 79 feet while the Armor-Shot hit out at 77 feet.

There you have it... two guns that at one point no one could give away, modified into sticks of death.

And here are the other delights...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
That's a pic of my newly updated arsenal. I think it's about 89 guns hanging on the pegboard. There's another 13 that are being restored/modified and are on the work bench.

My loving girlfriend painted the pegboard, the shelf, and helped me hang all of those up. She's such a wonderful girlfriend. :D

As always... feel free to ask questions about the boomsticks or anything in general. Hope you have enjoyed another Starbuck/Noid modification.

#61598 Boomstick And Other Delights...

Posted by Starbuck on 10 August 2005 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

I'm glad you all are enjoying everything.

Langley, filming starts next week in the basement, so if you want a backstage pass I can get you one...

#62337 Defender T3 Problems

Posted by Starbuck on 21 August 2005 - 01:28 PM in Modifications

Since I consider myself an expert on the DT3, I'll answer this...

Posted Image

Notice the space between the back of the pistol and the arrow launcher in back. Make sure the two guns are tightly fit together at the back. Notice up top, the latch is not meeting trigger catch.

Posted Image

The reason this is happening is that your pistol barrel is not the same diameter as the front orange piece with the spring. This piece forces the pistol back into position. The orange piece is over your barrel, therefore it can't push it back into position. I suggest going back and doing my DT3 mod. That should solve your problem.

Also, there is no need to have a long barrel on the DT3 pistol. This just makes it impossible to dissengage the pistol from the launcher.

Hope this helps.

#63112 'big Bad' Glory

Posted by Starbuck on 05 September 2005 - 04:50 PM in General Nerf

Now the Nerf market will be flooded with BBBs. There goes my days of selling over priced loser weaponry... ;)

#63274 New: Tech Target Redesign; New Dart Tag Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 07 September 2005 - 07:06 PM in General Nerf

I'll throw in my two cents...

I think they are coming out with the "Scout Tech" because the TT pistol we have now is too powerful when modded. The TT when modded with any of the thousands of mods is very Lock N' Load-esque. It's powerful, accurate, and plentiful. It has a large plunger tube with a nice big spring. The Scout has a minute tube and a laughably rediculous spring. It just has no power. I believe they are trying to phase out the "potentially" powerful guns execpt the BBB, as it has already come out, but no one knows for how long.

Yep... the original TT will be hot stuff down the road, just like the LnL.

#63276 New: Tech Target Redesign; New Dart Tag Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 07 September 2005 - 07:43 PM in General Nerf

You bastard. Now I feel the urge to go out and buy several Tech Target Sets. Seeing as my parents won't let me buy stuff online, I'm pretty much stuck buying the full, overpriced sets.

~ompa

Omp, that would not be a bad idea. In a couple years, we'll see noobs posting topics begging for a TT like they do now for LnLs. It'll be utter chaos, but I've got em' covered. :lol:

Ah... let the hoopla begin...

#63420 Cops.

Posted by Starbuck on 10 September 2005 - 12:13 PM in General Nerf

Here in my town, across from the local high school we have some people who do RPG H2H stuff. They dress up like elves and wizards and whack each other with foam swords. They have never gotten in trouble over it. So, what is the difference between whacking each other with foam swords and shoot each other with foam projectiles? I see none. But, every city/town/county is different so I would suggest talking to an officer of the law to make sure everything is cool.

#63587 Sharpshooter 1 Mod... Oh, My...

Posted by Starbuck on 13 September 2005 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

I Dremeled mine out to I wouldn't have any sliding around. As for the tape and glue... it's 3m electrical tape and I have no clue what brand the hot glue is. I'm glad it worked out for you.

#63635 Your Armory

Posted by Starbuck on 14 September 2005 - 06:27 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I believe the pictures tell all...

#63636 Sharpshooter 1 Mod... Oh, My...

Posted by Starbuck on 14 September 2005 - 06:33 PM in Modifications

It's really impressive that, with a little work, the orignial nerf dart gun can hold up to the newest.

Oh, yes... with a little TLC, the Sharpshooter can be right on par with most of today's spring pistols. I've been known to tote mine around... :D

#63641 Your Armory

Posted by Starbuck on 14 September 2005 - 07:42 PM in General Nerf

With my weapons cache, I plan to equip an elite force of mercenaries to take over the world. :D