Starbuck's Content

There have been 249 items by Starbuck (Search limited from 13-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#97420 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 30 December 2006 - 04:04 PM in Modifications

Ok, but if the spring is the length of a old version NF, doesn't it rattle around and create a big ruckus when fired since it isn't long enough?

Eh, no not really. If I drop it and throw it out the window, yeah it'll make a noise. But just general use and such do not produce noises. I've just never had a problem with it.

#97423 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 30 December 2006 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

You used one of those heavy duty Nitefinder springs right? Is noise a problem, or have you done somethign to eliminate that?

No, no... I use "Handyman Springs." It's a spring I get from my local Home Depot. They are the length of a first generation Nite Finder spring, but are much heavier. They're just beast springs. And no, noise isn't a problem. Just fill in some empty spaces with FBR.

These springs are really great. I have one in all three of my NF's.

Absolutely the best springs, ever. They'll power anything, really. Plus a two pack of em' are only $2.50.

I've been using them for three years now.

#97457 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 31 December 2006 - 02:37 AM in Modifications

Be careful with those springs in new style nfs, unless you are going to be reinforcing the plunger rods. I have broken three with these springs without even seeing too much use. I have to admit they are pretty good springs, although they are kinda hard to cut.

They are rediculous to cut. I had to whip out the ol' Dremel cutting disc to cut three coils off to fit it in my DT-3 pistol.

My experience with the Handyman and Nite Finders has been pleasant. I've had two plunger head break on me from about six months worth of use, though. I reinforced the plunger head with a steel disc and I've had no problems since. They'll boot a dart out damn near 100 feet in a Nite Finder, and I've hit over that several times.

The Longshot can take the Handyman springs without a problem. I've seen no signs of stress in the casing after four months of use. The only drawback is for a younger kid, it might be hard to operate the bolt. Sometimes it will jam in but I nice heavy jerk remedies that.

#97412 Artemis T-25 Cs-6 Longshot/mpl

Posted by Starbuck on 30 December 2006 - 02:45 PM in Modifications

You used one of those heavy duty Nitefinder springs right? Is noise a problem, or have you done somethign to eliminate that?

No, no... I use "Handyman Springs." It's a spring I get from my local Home Depot. They are the length of a first generation Nite Finder spring, but are much heavier. They're just beast springs. And no, noise isn't a problem. Just fill in some empty spaces with FBR.

#73100 Presenting The Snap-2

Posted by Starbuck on 13 February 2006 - 10:19 PM in Homemades

I like it. I've got a replica Sten on the way, but my mag is mounted on the side and is removeable.

If you'd like an upgrade on the magazine, PM me. I can help you build one with a spring so you don't have to mount it atop and it's removeable. This cuts down on the mag being in your line of sight and is much easier to negotiate.

#72796 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Starbuck on 10 February 2006 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

They've paid attention to our magazine fed weapons. I said a long time ago that single shot weapons were slowly going out. I hope these can be modded.

The CS sounds like it could replace the Crossbow if it's moddable. Clip fed, working scope, bi pod?! Wow... I'm impressed with Nerf's progress. It could turn out to be junk, but hey... I couldn't have imagined them marketing anything like this.

#73064 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Starbuck on 13 February 2006 - 04:51 PM in General Nerf

Pump up the action with the NERF DART TAG MAGSTRIKE blaster, the first NERF rapid fire blaster with a clip reloading system!

The NERF N-STRIKE LONGSHOT CS-6... And, with an awesome reloading clip system, refilling your blaster has never been faster.

Hmm... the more I read this and the more that I think about it (I know speculation isn't good)...

It sounds like the magazine system uses stripper clips sorta' like my SuperMaxx 1000 (seen here). They call them reloading clips implying they're used for reload only and not as a functioning part of the gun.

The Powerclip used a clip that was a fuctioning part of the gun, but was not first to use a clip. The Sawtooth used the clip system and its clips were functioning pieces of the gun. It says the Magstrike is the first with "clip reloading system" which sounds like stripper clips.

#72825 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Starbuck on 11 February 2006 - 02:17 AM in General Nerf

It's not the size that matters... it's how you use it...
Sorry I couldn't resist.
What made me wonder is the description of the Longshot; that it separates into two independant guns. Kinda reminds me of the old Defender T3 of the Cyber Strike series, but that's going waaaay back.

I use a DT3. Gah, that's a good gun if you know how to mod it.

Be pretty nifty to have an upgrade.

#73140 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Starbuck on 14 February 2006 - 05:56 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, I agree... like I said, I was just speculating. I was merely stating of how it all sounded to me.

#77388 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Starbuck on 24 March 2006 - 01:15 AM in General Nerf

Welcome to Artemis Arms...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#77435 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Starbuck on 24 March 2006 - 06:33 PM in General Nerf

...my girlfriend's.

Wait...your girlfriend Nerfs? Damn, you are a lucky bastard, now aren't you?

So, you have a massive arsenal, and a significant other who adds to it?

She's not so much a Nerfer as a modder. She really enjoys the modding side of Nerf, as do I. She also goes around to garage sales and picks up Nerf guns for me. So, she's really helped build the arsenal up.

And, yes... I'm a lucky bastard. ^_^

#77425 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Starbuck on 24 March 2006 - 04:56 PM in General Nerf

Holy cow! Please tell me those are your entire clans' guns and not just yours!

Those guns are mine and my girlfriend's.

#74484 Your Choice Of Weapons

Posted by Starbuck on 26 February 2006 - 11:56 PM in General Nerf

I'd go light.

I'd carry my T-26 SM1k Carbine with 15 clips (three micro stefans per clip). I'd also take as a sidearm my Bulldog NF or DT3 pistol with 15 mega stefans.

If I wanted to do some real damage, I'd take my Titan anti-personnel rifle with 5 clips (6 rounds per clip) and attach the Bulldog to the Titan for easy access.

Yeah... my Mountain rifle could shoot a Gundam down...

#59536 New Member-saying Hello

Posted by Starbuck on 17 July 2005 - 06:53 PM in General Nerf

We milsim somewhat around here. It's more of a hybrid. I wrote a thread about that a while back. It can be seen here.

#74970 Who Are You?

Posted by Starbuck on 02 March 2006 - 07:26 PM in General Nerf

Option #11- Hybrid

One who spends most of his Nerf time on modifications and Nerfs in one season of the year.

Yeah, that's me. I spend most of my Nerf time modding guns or coming up with different ideas and such. The only time we Nerf around here is in the spring. During summer, everyone is gone on vacation. In the fall, we have football. Winter is too cold for most of the fellers around here. Spring, then is left as open Nerf season. Usually there are one to three large scale deals and five or six smaller sha-bangs. I used to be a "Nerfer" because I modded, I Nerfed regularly, and I was an admin at Nerf Online, but that was all before things went askew.

#65589 Zombies

Posted by Starbuck on 11 October 2005 - 09:11 PM in Off Topic

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

I'd probably arm myself with our FN-FAL .308 with ten 20 round mags with hollow point rounds or a sawed off Remington 1100 12 gauge using double 00 buckshot, my c96 Broomhandle .30 Mauser with lead cast slugs as my backup, my Ka Bar kife, two way radio, rations, and a banana. Anyone ever seen Monty Python's Self-Defense Class? If you have, you know what I mean with the banana. :P

#56829 Firefly Speculation

Posted by Starbuck on 06 June 2005 - 10:39 PM in General Nerf

So they are going back to the Electric Eel type high intensity light and "tracer" darts... interesting...

#56890 Firefly Speculation

Posted by Starbuck on 07 June 2005 - 05:06 PM in General Nerf

when has there ever been ANYTHING except philips screws?

The Electric Eel had triangular headed screws.

#56985 Firefly Speculation

Posted by Starbuck on 08 June 2005 - 04:27 PM in General Nerf

Thank you very much for your information and time, Chiefthe. I'm delighted that the people behind the scenes care about us Nerfers so much as to answer these questions. Thanks again.

#56960 Firefly Speculation

Posted by Starbuck on 08 June 2005 - 09:43 AM in General Nerf

Chiefthe, just wondering about the darts... I know they will be micros, but how will they glow? Are you making the dart tips glow or are you going with the glow-in-the-dark tape strips to be put around each dart? Just curious...

#71025 The Real Arsenal

Posted by Starbuck on 15 January 2006 - 01:31 AM in Off Topic

I just wanted to show everyone my personal collection of Pre-1945 military firearms. These are all the rifles that I've either bought myself, paid on, or was given to me. This is the real arsenal. :P

Weapons of WWI (starting from the top)

Posted Image

1891 Mosin Nagant: Chambered for the 7.62x54 cartridge. It was manufactured in 1915 by the Izhevsk Arsenal to supply the Russian Army during WWI.
1910 Lebel Berthier: Originally made in the early 1900s, the Berthier rifle was a 3 shot bolt action rifle that supplied French troops. In 1910, however, the Berthiers were modified to accept a 5 round charger clip (pictured) and a box magazine installed. It was chambered for 8mm Lebel. This rifle was manufactured in 1916.
Short, Magazine Lee Enfield Mark 3: This rifle was a modification of the original Lee Metford Rifle. It was chambered for .303 British and had a 10 round magazine. These rifles supplied British Soldiers through both WWI and WWII. This rifle was made in 1917.
1895 Nagant Revolver: Chambered in the odd 7.62 Nagant, this revolver was cutting edge technology. When cocked, the cylinder moves forward and interlocks with the barrel to create a gas seal to keep the gases from going out the sides, therefore increasing the velocity. The cylinder held 7 rounds, which is a departure from the standard 6 shots of most revolvers. This is a double action officer's model made in 1916 by the Tula Arsenal. It remained in service with the Russians up until the late 1960s.
C1896 Mauser Broomhandle:
Posted Image
This probably my favorite handgun of all times. It was made in 1910 for the German Army. It was chambered for the .30 Mauser cartridge. It was never officially adopted by the Germans, but many officers bought their own to use as sidearms. It had a magazine capacity of 10 rounds. This pistol was the basis for Han Solo's gun in the Star Wars movies.

Weapons of WWII (starting from the top)

Posted Image

Type 99 Arisaka: This rifle was an upgrade of the Type 38 rifle. The rifle was based on the German K98 Mauser. It supplied Japanese Regulars through WWII. It was chambered for 7.7 Japanese. It was a unique rifle because it was fitted with a monopod for prone firing and an anti-aircraft sight so a soldier could target enemy planes.
K98 Mauser: These were the backbones of the German Army. The K98 was a modification of the original 1898 Mauser rifle of WWI. It was chambered for 8mm Mauser. This rifle was made in 1942 and was captured in Russia. The Mauser action is the basis for many of the modern bolt action rifles in use by hunters and shooters today.
Short, Magazine Lee Enfield Mark 3: Description above.
Number 4 Mark 1, Short, Magazine Lee Enfield: An improved version of the Mark 3 rifle. It supplied the British Army in WWII. It was chambered for the .303 round and was made in 1942 at the Fazakerley Arsenal.

Japanese Collection (starting from the top)

Posted Image

Officer's Sword: The Samurai mentality remained in the Japanese Arsenal even through the days of WWII. This sword is razor sharp and has shark skin handles.
Japanese "Meatball" Flag: Many patriotic Japanese soldiers carried these flags on their rifles. This flag was signed by all the members of a particular Japanese Army unit. It is made of silk.
Type 99 Bayonets: Long sword style bayonets for the Type 38 and Type 99 rifles.
Type 99 Arisaka: Description above.
Japanese Currency: Different types of Japanese currency from WWII.
Clock out of a Zero aircraft: This clock was taken off the instrument panel of a downed Zero aircraft. It is pictured by the Japanese currecny.
Type 14: This pistol was based on the German Luger. It was chambered in 8mm Nambu and was an officer's pistol. This pistol was made in 1939.
Type 94: These pistols were for tank crews and pilots. They were called "Suicide Pistols" because it had an exposed sear and could accidentally be fired without pulling the trigger. It was also chambered for 8mm Nambu. The first pistol was made in 1941 and the second was made in 1944.
Field Glasses: Used by officers, tank and artillery crews, and pilots.

U.S. Weapons (staring from the top)

Posted Image

M1 Garand: Designed by John Garand and was adopted in 1936 to replace the rugged 1903 Springfield. It was chambered for 30-06 and used an 8 shot clip. This rifle was manufactured in December of 1941. It was the standard U.S. rifle through the Korean War. Pictured is the bayonet and the Mills pattern ammunition belt circa 1940.
1917 Enfield: Originally designed to replace the British Mark 3 Enfield, it was designated as the P-14 and was chambered in .303. The U.S. slightly modified the rifle and rechambered it to 30-06. It was used in WWI and through WWII. This rifle was made in 1918 by Remington.
1898 Krag Carbine: The Krag rifle was the first magazine fed, smokeless powder rifle adopted by the U.S. in 1892. It was originally designed for the Norwegian Army in 1889. It used a 30-40 cartridge and was loaded via a vertical magazine on the side. The carbine version was issued to cavalry, most notably used by Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders at San Juan Hill in the Spanish-American War. It remained in service for only 11 years because of the advent of the 1903 Springfield. This rifle was made in 1898 by the Springfield Armory.
Also pictured: At the top left is a Colt 1911 .45 holster circa 1943. Across from it is a "Pineapple" grenade and a "Lemon" grenade.
M1 Carbine:
Posted Image
Designed by David "Carbine" Williams while he served time in jail, this rifle was designed for artillery and machine gun crews, medics, and other people who needed a lightweight weapon. When WWII broke out, this rifle made it to the front lines because of its small size and easy of use. It was chambered for the .30 Carbine round. This rifle was made in 1943 by Standard Products. It's pictured with a stock mounted double magazaine pouch circa 1943 and an M3 flash suppressor.

I have more guns, like the FN-FAL, Russian and Chinese SKSes, an Albainian AK-47 and others, but they don't fall into the Pre-1945 category which is where my primary interest lie. I hope you've enjoyed my collection. Feel free to ask questions and post pictures of your firearms.

#71327 The Real Arsenal

Posted by Starbuck on 20 January 2006 - 04:44 PM in Off Topic

Most impressive. How do you afford this fortune in firearms?

I sold off some stuff on eBay that I got at an auction. A couple summers ago I sold a lotta' junk at the flea market and racked up some cash there. I sell and trade my Nerf guns to get money. I also sell and trade some of my other guns not in my Pre-45 collection. I had a good deal of money until recently when hard times hit. I probably won't buy any more guns for a while unless they're under $150. My dad also has a Curio and Relics FFL so that saves me the price of registration and dealer charge which is usually $25-$35.

No, I don't have an AR-15 (civilian M-16)... yet.

Talio and TIS, well done on keeping idiots off here.

#71041 The Real Arsenal

Posted by Starbuck on 15 January 2006 - 01:31 PM in Off Topic

Thanks, guys.

All my modern stuff is in the very back of the gun safe. I'll dig them out later and gets pics up.

#72157 Sawtooth Mod: Big Clip

Posted by Starbuck on 02 February 2006 - 07:03 PM in Modifications

Well done, Baggie.

I've done this with two clips before, I felt three was somewhat cumbersome. Might I suggest a Monoblast(shot?) spring for the Sawtooth. That's what I did with mine and it gets much better ranges and adds some surprising zip. Again, well done.

#60058 Gear

Posted by Starbuck on 24 July 2005 - 12:36 PM in General Nerf

The PC is sometimes used with a strap. I lend it to my friend so he can put it on his SM5k since it's longer.

#60056 Gear

Posted by Starbuck on 24 July 2005 - 12:21 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Here we have a standard military black web belt. I have two U.S. M-16 pouches that fit my PC clips well. On the back of each pouch, there is a smaller pouch where I keep ammo for my DT3. I keep the DT3 clipped to the side. The PC is for quick short range shots, while the arrow shooter is for longer ranges. I can dissengage the pistol for my sidearm. Sometimes, I just take the PC and the DT3 pistol and leave the arrow launcher behind. This setup works very well for me.

#64519 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 28 September 2005 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

To be toally correct, it should be SSII000 with the extra "0." However, I chopped it off because I didn't like the way SSII000 looked as opposed to SSII00. If anyone is going to try to duplicate this, feel free to ask questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

#64390 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 26 September 2005 - 02:03 PM in Modifications

Much thanks to all and to Talio since he doesn't dish out praise very often. I'm glad you all like it. The trigger wasn't too hard really. I had orginially planned to use part of the original AT2k trigger on it, but I decided to fabricate my own with wire and the original trigger.

#64652 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 30 September 2005 - 01:22 AM in Modifications

Yeah, do tell me what happens to your project, Hunter. If I do recall, I was going to buy that SSII case off of you a while back. I hope everything goes well.

#64398 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 26 September 2005 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

Well... acutally... this is my first real integration. The only other ones that I've done before it put in Secret Strikes in Nite Finders.

#64318 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 25 September 2005 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

It's powerful! It's accurate! And above all, it's comfortable! It's the Sharpshooter II00... Enough with the cheesy commercial. ^_^

It's been a while since I've posted anything useful, so I shall break the silence with this one. This is what I call the Sharpshooter II00. For all you dorks who can't figure out the name, it's a Sharpshooter II with the internals of an AT2k, hence the II00 (2000).

The chief reason for this integration is one of comfort. The AT2k is a powerful gun; many of you arm yourself with one. However, I personally find that the gun is somewhat uncomfortable. In my opinion, the Sharpshooter II is hands down, the most comfortable and user friendly gun ever made by Nerf. Well, I recently discovered that my favorite Sharpshooter II was falling apart (but that's ok, I have 5 other SSIIs B)). The parts that the plunger tube sit in broke out and rather than installing aluminum bracing, I decided to breathe new life into it.

Posted Image

What I did was take the internals of the AT2k out and situated them into the SSII casing. I had to Dremel out a lot of the casing, but I got everything in there. I also had to replace the tubing with a more flexible tube that I got out of a broken SM3k. I drained the goo tube and cut it off and screwed the orange "well" back together. I filled in the hole of the well with hot glue.

I next had to take off two inches of the plunger tube to fit it in the gun. I also did this to the plunger and repositioned the black handle. I positioned everything inside the case and hot glued everything securely. I had to put in a piece of aluminum to help brace the airtank and keep it from moving around. Next, I drilled a hole through the original SSII trigger and ran a piece of wire through it and wrapped the wire around the rod that opens the tank's air valve.

The end product looks like this:

Posted Image

With a 3.5 inch 9/16 brass barrel (I only had 3.5 inches of brass left), I get about 85 feet with five pumps and 75+ with three. Remember, it takes a couple more pumps to reach max pressurization because I removed two inches of the pumping tube. As always, feel free to ask questions. I hope you've enjoyed another Starbuck/Noid modification.

#64424 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 26 September 2005 - 10:38 PM in Modifications

... I get about 85 feet with five pumps and 75+ with three. Remember, it takes a couple more pumps to reach max pressurization because I removed two inches of the pumping tube.

Previously stated...

#64459 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Starbuck on 27 September 2005 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

Much thanks, gentlemen, much thanks.

It's not better than going out and buying a pump gun, but I did it for comfort. Like you said Vacc, I am very partial to the SSII. I also love the way it feels. It feels incredibly balanced and fits my large had very well. Just took an old classic and updated it a bit.

#59077 Rototrack Mod

Posted by Starbuck on 11 July 2005 - 12:58 PM in Modifications

Well done, ompa. I did this to my Chainblazer back about three months ago. The CPVC works wonders in chain, too. I had to make 200 of those inserts for all my chain. Blah, it took forever. Very nice work.

#63845 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by Starbuck on 18 September 2005 - 04:25 PM in Off Topic

Football: Tight end
Track: Discus

#59379 Groove's Nf

Posted by Starbuck on 15 July 2005 - 10:24 AM in Modifications

Very nice, Groove. I mounted an SSPB in a buddy's NF a while back like that. They just look cleaner that way. Overall a nice, clean modification. I'd like to see the ranges on it.

#56606 Your Combo

Posted by Starbuck on 04 June 2005 - 09:57 PM in General Nerf

Here's how I roll...

Primary: BBB carbine with 25 rounds or Powerclip with several clips
Sidearm: Defender T3 Battle Pistol or heavily modded Sharpshooter 1 with 15 rounds

#56611 Your Combo

Posted by Starbuck on 04 June 2005 - 10:18 PM in General Nerf

I agree with Apache. Some people run around with 4 or 5 guns. What's the point? Two is the maximum that anyone should carry. I find carry either a PC or BBB and one of two pistols gets me through a war quite well. There is no need to strap your entire arensal to your leg.

Haha, I love it. "heavily modded."

Hey, once a Sharpshooter 1 is fully modded, it's a killer. B)

#54838 Most Over/under-rated Guns

Posted by Starbuck on 13 May 2005 - 11:13 PM in General Nerf

Another vastly underrated gun is the Defender T3 battle pistol. I used to have one, and I have two on the way now in the mail. I modded it up pretty nice. It was easily the most accurate of my guns besides the Sharpshooter 2 and might have a little more power than the SSII considering that the plunger chamber is straight and not bent up like the SSII's. I got about 70+ feet out of mine with an effective range of 55 feet. I feel that the DT3 pistol is a great sidearm that many have dissed.

#54656 Most Over/under-rated Guns

Posted by Starbuck on 11 May 2005 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

Overated: Lock N' Load. There are some many damn spring guns out there with the same basic internals. It's just the LnL that gets the praise and big bucks.

Underrated: The Razorbeast. For nearly a decade, the poor Razorbeast has been the scum of the Nerfing world and rediculed so harshly. I have found it to be one of the best weapons I have in my arsenal once I tweaked around with it and added a few things. The Razorbeast deserves better. :lol: