Quilan Fett's Content

There have been 640 items by Quilan Fett (Search limited from 13-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#133677 Recon Close Up

Posted by Quilan Fett on 24 December 2007 - 02:15 PM in General Nerf

What's the orange thing on the side of the stock?

It is either the magazine or the plunger.(I have a feeling it is part of the plunger)

I'm surprised to see how small it is. I could easily fit it into cargos. Could make a nice SMG like sidearm. Unless there is some illusion in the photo i'm unaware of.

I wanna know wether or not i would need a dremel for the restrictors.

Lynx: Uh huh.........

I meant in the first pic, there is an orange nub/button that looks like a possible stock lock.

#133614 Recon Close Up

Posted by Quilan Fett on 24 December 2007 - 01:29 AM in General Nerf

What's the orange thing on the side of the stock?

#121852 Sneak Peak

Posted by Quilan Fett on 01 September 2007 - 12:00 PM in Modifications

I singled mine. Kicks ASS!

#106504 Your Weapon Setup.

Posted by Quilan Fett on 19 May 2007 - 01:11 PM in Off Topic

BBB and a Mav singled for nano's.

#170041 Chubbs

Posted by Quilan Fett on 17 August 2008 - 04:13 PM in Modifications

Too lumpy for my tastes.

That's what she said.

I like the alligator. I never thought that you'd actually make it.

#148970 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by Quilan Fett on 02 April 2008 - 10:02 PM in General Nerf

Nube, after that post I would have bet money that you were from Texas. Until I saw you were from Arizona. Well, close enough.

#147104 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by Quilan Fett on 26 March 2008 - 12:51 PM in General Nerf

I didn't say it was real, it just shows our values. If people cared enough, they wouldn't put stuff like that in the movie.

#147097 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by Quilan Fett on 26 March 2008 - 12:22 PM in General Nerf

1) Real guns suck.
2) In just a small way.
3) Kids these days know alot. I was hanging out with my friend's 4th grade brother the other day. He was with his friends and they were making rank calls using words I never heard at that age. I think these kids are the main market, and they recognize that bright unrealistic guns are "uncool".
4) I have never heard that, but hardly anyone at school knows I nerf.
5) You know how you watch that cop movie with your friends. In the las half hour, they are fighting the bad guy? You know that one henchman, the second to get killed? He doesn't even get a second glance. He might have a pregnant wife. Maybe he was actually n undercover double agent. You don't know because he got shot and is now dead. Now, since he didn't have a gun and was running away, why did he needed to be shot? At the end, when the Cheif yells at them, he cares about the wrecked car, not some hispanic henchman. Does that seem right?

#132667 Nerf Recon In Hand. I Have Zee Pics.

Posted by Quilan Fett on 16 December 2007 - 01:05 PM in General Nerf

I have the exact same colour scheme on my maverick, yelloe and black with silver turret.

Look at the slider.

#164406 Outlet Powered Vulcan

Posted by Quilan Fett on 25 July 2008 - 12:50 PM in Modifications

I was thinking that you could set up some type of pill box or bunker with a lookout to call the shots like a loser team and they could cover you while you reload. The whole premise of the plug and shoot was if you were in an indoor war you could use the extension cord if the batteries went dead as a failsafe.

What the heck someone fricked with my post it originally said $niper team!!! Every time I go to write the word $niper it changes it to loser?

You're new here, right?

#154321 Oh My Gosh

Posted by Quilan Fett on 02 May 2008 - 08:30 PM in General Nerf

Accident.

#154320 Oh My Gosh

Posted by Quilan Fett on 02 May 2008 - 08:30 PM in General Nerf

I think the handle thing might be the trigger.

#154431 Oh My Gosh

Posted by Quilan Fett on 03 May 2008 - 05:31 PM in General Nerf

There is another video of it that has been taken off. There is a link found in the info of it. For all kids whose internet is monitered, don't go to it.

#146073 What Nerf Guns Could Be The Crossbows Of The Future?

Posted by Quilan Fett on 20 March 2008 - 11:24 PM in General Nerf

Whatever happened to the Doomsayer?

#145918 What Nerf Guns Could Be The Crossbows Of The Future?

Posted by Quilan Fett on 19 March 2008 - 11:05 PM in General Nerf

In that case, why are recons going on clearance? I keep seeing them at Target for $15.

#109955 Longshot Carbine

Posted by Quilan Fett on 07 June 2007 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

It also looks danm sexy in my oppion.

That it does, that it does.

Anyways, nice mod! <_< I wish I could do that, I lack experience. Is there a possibility of a write-up in the future?

All you do is saw the front off.

#143160 Nerfing Stories?

Posted by Quilan Fett on 29 February 2008 - 02:10 AM in Off Topic

Awesome story, but why were you in some girl's backyard in the first place?

#106142 The Tec 9

Posted by Quilan Fett on 17 May 2007 - 03:15 PM in Homemades

I think I get it, instead of a plunger, the back of the bolt seals, and as it moves back, the air forces out the dart. Correct?

Pretty much. Usually, the plunger makes a seal and moves forward, creating pressure at the base of the barrel. In this case, the barrel makes a seal and moves backwards…with the same net result.

If you used this technique, couldn't you make a gun that you wouldn't have to cock? How about attaching a barrel to the handle and using that to shove the barrel back, propelling the dart forwards?

Yes. That is how a reactor works.

#106190 The Tec 9

Posted by Quilan Fett on 17 May 2007 - 06:14 PM in Homemades

I'd paint it forest green.

#223503 The Avenger (a Nitemanta With Added Awesomeness

Posted by Quilan Fett on 13 April 2009 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

Funny, when I was new, I posted about this and everyone told me it wouldn't work.
http://www.nerfhq.co...hp?topic=5591.0

#149140 Modding Basics

Posted by Quilan Fett on 03 April 2008 - 07:20 PM in Modifications

Green riptide, you pretty much explained it, but the technical difference from CPVC to PVC is that PVC measures the ID only, but CPVC measures the whole diameter, inner and outer, combined. Just a little something to add. And GR, you're right, CPVC does have a tighter fir on most darts. But I can say that for a gun like the titan, I put a 1/2 inch PVC barrel, (attaches to a coupler and has a dart stop), for stock darts, like Micros, PVC is good, because you can put them all the way at the back of the barrel easily, and they are MUCH more accurate when they are a long ways down the barrel.

PVC doesn't go by ID. Neither does CPVC go by OD. 1/2 PVC has an ID of like .62. The OD of CPVC is .625 (5/8).

Actually, I think it is .64.

#119482 Help Me Think!

Posted by Quilan Fett on 13 August 2007 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

I recommend doing an ABBB.

#107990 Future Nerf War Crime

Posted by Quilan Fett on 28 May 2007 - 04:00 PM in Homemades

Or just Join Spudfiles if you want a cannon that can shoot through drywall.

#148279 Scout Modification

Posted by Quilan Fett on 30 March 2008 - 11:25 PM in Modifications

Is anyone else confused by Lynx's post?

#148000 Scout Modification

Posted by Quilan Fett on 30 March 2008 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

Qui'lan (or however you spell it) I would have to be an incapable wad not to know that. I was just making a ub3r5uxorz attempt at a pun.

I am not an idiot either. I was trying to disprove Splitlip's post saying that the nut did not help range. As you can see, it obviously does.

#148465 Scout Modification

Posted by Quilan Fett on 31 March 2008 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

Okay, thanks. I tried lubing it up and it still was too big, and I even sanded out the chamber and the CPVC a bit, and it still would'nt fit, but ya, I'll just do the regular lubed CPVC. And I said this earlier in the topic, but you can get a scout and a titan both blue, for $20 @ target. (In a set)

Try teflon tape. I was building up an o-ring and I couldn't fit it in th plunger tube with one more layer of e-tape, so I put on like five wraps of teflon tape and it worked great.

#147804 Scout Modification

Posted by Quilan Fett on 29 March 2008 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

Yeah. Uh, you didn't know that?

#147782 Scout Modification

Posted by Quilan Fett on 29 March 2008 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

Under normal and ideal circumstances, compressing the spring constantly won't make it stronger. The amount of force output by the spring is directly proportional to the distance moved. Basically, you're still only compressing the spring the same distance (since you're cocking the gun for the same distance).

Force from a spring = spring constant * distance compressed

So the only thing you've done by adding that nut is add a force of spring constant*width of nut to both the nut and the back of the gun.. aka no power increase for the gun.

I did like the idea for the glue at the back of the barrel to keep darts though. Was that yours or your friends?

But, you are compressing the spring with the nut, so wouldn't it be Force = spring constant * (plunger pull + nut length).

#161570 What Nerf Guns Would You Want Re-released?

Posted by Quilan Fett on 05 July 2008 - 02:13 PM in General Nerf

1. SM1K
2. SM1.5K
3. Arrowstorm

What would be awesome is if Hasbro mass-produced a shell-less Scar and the NTS. With their light plastics for the plungers, they would be unstoppable.

#133804 What Did You Get For Christmas?

Posted by Quilan Fett on 25 December 2007 - 07:08 PM in Off Topic

Wii
$70
Leather Wallet
AT3K Twinpack
2nd Wiimote
Mav (I think)
Swiss Reds

#137056 Heath Ledger Is Dead

Posted by Quilan Fett on 23 January 2008 - 11:54 PM in Off Topic

My only consolation is that God had the good sense to deny the likes of him any peace or respite in the afterlife, instead subjecting him to further torment for all eternity.

Dude, not cool.

#208209 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by Quilan Fett on 31 January 2009 - 12:47 PM in General Nerf

Ride your bike.

#160242 Eye Protection

Posted by Quilan Fett on 24 June 2008 - 01:00 PM in Nerf Wars

1313, you're a cool guy.

thanks for backin me bro

Misquoting is not a joke. I think that you and Jules are both very close to getting banned. I'd cool it if I were you.

As for eye protection, I use Dart tag glasses. I shot them point blank with a 320 fps airsoft gun and they didn't even scratch.

#159323 The Snap-1 Mk2

Posted by Quilan Fett on 16 June 2008 - 12:56 AM in Homemades

When I make homemades, I use a I use a 3/4" to 1/2" reducing coupling for the catchface. I don't know how well this can be used in a SNAP, because my guns catch in back like a FAR, but I thought I'd put it out there in case anyone who doesn't have access to a Home Depot wants to give it a try, because this is much easier than sanding an endcap.

#122415 Crossbow Mod

Posted by Quilan Fett on 08 September 2007 - 11:03 AM in Modifications

If conditions are right amazing things happen. Take my 1K and 250 and 350. They get in the low 70s. CONSISTANTLY.

I really don't believe that. An Airtech 1000 has the plunger tube the size of a roll of nickels, if not smaller. I can only see this happening if you have a perfect barrel fit, wind and heat to increase dart fit. Even then, the wind would most likely be carrying it. I'm not sure about the Sm250 and 350, though.

I think I am correct in remembering that the 1k has the same plunger and spring as a doubleshot. Doubleshots can get 70'.

#145179 Yes, Another Noob With Nf Problems

Posted by Quilan Fett on 14 March 2008 - 11:53 PM in Modifications

nevermind

#145182 Yes, Another Noob With Nf Problems

Posted by Quilan Fett on 15 March 2008 - 12:54 AM in Modifications

nevermind.

#145133 Yes, Another Noob With Nf Problems

Posted by Quilan Fett on 14 March 2008 - 07:39 PM in Modifications

I got two NF's recently and modded them quickly but well. Now, I consider myself a good modder. I took them to the park, and they sucked. I went home and replaced the springs and this made all the difference.

#145168 Yes, Another Noob With Nf Problems

Posted by Quilan Fett on 14 March 2008 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

Cool, I get 189' with my homemade.
MORG!

#145326 Yes, Another Noob With Nf Problems

Posted by Quilan Fett on 15 March 2008 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

I'm happy... I got a NF today and did an AR removal, added new spring, and I added a new o-ring. Shoots 60 feet with stock darts. Also, I got some FBR and attempted to make some stefans and the darts were too big. Is 1/2" too big/ I thought that that was what it was. Any way I cut it, dryer'd it for 10 minutes and they don't shoot at all.

I'm going to take a WILD guess and say you bought Frost King foam from Home Depot? They're foam is shit. Buy their 3/8 inch foam. That's the only place where you DON'T buy 1/2 inch.

That's odd. My 1/2" Frost King from ACE fits in CPVC.