Roschili's Content

There have been 63 items by Roschili (Search limited from 17-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#226402 Need Help Fixing My Recon

Posted by Roschili on 26 April 2009 - 09:28 PM in Modifications

My Recon is the only gun that I have never taken the internals out of, is it hard to put them back in? Also, when I paint I painted my Nite Finder I did not use primer I just used Krylon Fusion paint which is really good for plastic. I have not had any trouble with the paint coming off and it looks very nice.

#226398 Need Help Fixing My Recon

Posted by Roschili on 26 April 2009 - 09:10 PM in Modifications

Ok, I have yet another question about my recon. For painting it what is the best way to do that if I want to paint the whole thing, can I just spray paint it as is, or do I need to take it apart and remove the internals? Thanks to whoever has an answer. :P

#226067 Need Help Fixing My Recon

Posted by Roschili on 26 April 2009 - 09:35 AM in Modifications

$50 in aus? 20 in usa.

The Wal-Mart where I live sells them for $14.99.

Thanks King that worked, I now feel stupid because I couldn't fix it by myself... thank you though.

#226054 Eliminator Ix-1 Vs Attack Unit

Posted by Roschili on 26 April 2009 - 09:14 AM in General Nerf

Which do you guys think is better the Nerf eliminator IX-1 or the Nerf attack unit?
Here are links to each one.

http://www.hasbrotoy...ID=22572&BR=582

http://www.toysrus.c...ELAID=245948404

#226051 Need Help Fixing My Recon

Posted by Roschili on 26 April 2009 - 09:05 AM in Modifications

Ok thanks, I'll try that out soon.

#225890 Need Help Fixing My Recon

Posted by Roschili on 25 April 2009 - 07:25 PM in Modifications

I got a new piece from diamond and I fixed my gun so it shoots now, but I have run into another problem. When I load the clip and stick it in the gun I can cock it once and shoot it but after that the gun will not cock again. Also when I put the clip in it will not come out unless I take the gun apart and pull the clip off. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

And one other thing not relating to my recon, is the nerf eliminator IX-1 the same or better than a nerf attack unit?

#222813 Effective Maverick Stefans?

Posted by Roschili on 10 April 2009 - 09:54 AM in Homemades

I used big scissors? And my pocket knife didn't do a good job but I did find a knife that works really good.

#222464 Effective Maverick Stefans?

Posted by Roschili on 08 April 2009 - 07:30 PM in Homemades

Ok Thanks.

#222450 Effective Maverick Stefans?

Posted by Roschili on 08 April 2009 - 06:19 PM in Homemades

Ok, but I still would like to know what people use to cut foam.

#222422 Effective Maverick Stefans?

Posted by Roschili on 08 April 2009 - 05:08 PM in Homemades

How do you guys cut your foam, like what do you use? I just use a sharp knife but that doesn't cut very straight. Other than those of you who have automatic cutters what do you use? I have tried scissors, a hack saw, and wire cutters none of them worked to my liking, thanks to everyone who has a suggestion.

#221348 Need Help Fixing My Recon

Posted by Roschili on 02 April 2009 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

all i have done is taken out the air restrictors

#221263 Need Help Fixing My Recon

Posted by Roschili on 02 April 2009 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

i super glued it and then put duct tape on the end of it, it worked for a few shots then the end shot off again...
any other suggestion?? :D

#220281 Effective Maverick Stefans?

Posted by Roschili on 28 March 2009 - 12:14 PM in Homemades

Hey, I find that with the maverick, its not about the weight of the dart, but the length of the dart. I find that 1" stefans fire great in mavs. In fact I've seen 1" stefs shoot farther than any stock dart in the maverick. Give it a try.

Well I have made several different sizes of maverick darts, the smallest being 1.5'' and I made those three different ways: with a 3/0 fishing weight, one .12g BB, and finally one with two .12g BBs. I found that the shorter the dart is the less distance it gets in a maverick. With nite finders the shorter the dart the more distance, this is just how it is for me.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

#220279 Need Help Fixing My Recon

Posted by Roschili on 28 March 2009 - 12:05 PM in Modifications

Ok thanks, I am going to try it later. Thanks for the suggestions and I will be sure to tell you how it goes.

#220278 Effective Maverick Stefans?

Posted by Roschili on 28 March 2009 - 12:03 PM in Homemades

Ok guys thanks for your help, I went and made a few darts and came out with something that worked very good with the maverick and excellent with my modded nite finder. I used a 2.5'' piece of fbr and a .12g plastic BB. It flies great, once again thank you for posting your suggestions.

#220270 Need Help Fixing My Recon

Posted by Roschili on 28 March 2009 - 11:34 AM in Modifications

Are you sure plumbers goop will work better than model glue or super glue? I was thinking about model gluing it back on then putting tape on the outside to ensure that it says in tact.

#220266 Effective Maverick Stefans?

Posted by Roschili on 28 March 2009 - 10:43 AM in Homemades

ok ill try that

#220256 Effective Maverick Stefans?

Posted by Roschili on 28 March 2009 - 09:40 AM in Homemades

if i use .12g plastic BBs how many should i put in and how long should i cut the foam?

#220251 Effective Maverick Stefans?

Posted by Roschili on 28 March 2009 - 08:58 AM in Homemades

ok thanks, do those also work well for nite finders?

#220248 Effective Maverick Stefans?

Posted by Roschili on 28 March 2009 - 08:53 AM in Homemades

what size?

#220241 Effective Maverick Stefans?

Posted by Roschili on 28 March 2009 - 08:20 AM in Homemades

Hey, I've made a lot of stefans for my guns. I have made three sizes 1.5'' , 2'' , and 2.5''. These all work great with my nite finders but they all fail with my modded mavericks. I use very dense foam and insert a 3/0 fishing weight into the end of each one, but none of them shoot as far as the standard suction cup darts do. In my maverick I just did the simple mods, removed the barrel posts and took out the air restrictors. I am putting new springs in soon but I have not done that yet. I have also tried using the true flight red rangers from ebay and they work well with the nite finder but bad with the mavericks. Does anyone have any suggestions or know anything that does work well?
Thanks

#220239 Need Help Fixing My Recon

Posted by Roschili on 28 March 2009 - 08:05 AM in Modifications

Zap a gap glue will fix anything, or you could fill in the void with hot glue or epoxy putty.

so are you saying to hot glue the piece back on
-or-
to fill the end of the tube with putty?

#220197 Need Help Fixing My Recon

Posted by Roschili on 27 March 2009 - 07:56 PM in Modifications

Hey, I recently modded my Nerf Recon CS-6 and it worked well for awhile then part of it broke on the slider. The orange end piece popped off and the gun will not shoot without it. I tried super gluing the piece back on and model gluing it. Both only worked for about 10 shots before it popped off again. Refer to the pictures below to see what piece I am talking about if you are confused, I am not sure what its called so I named it the slider :rolleyes:

If you have any suggestions about how I could fix it, that would be great. If you know of something I can use to replace the piece that works too. Thanks for reading!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The little orange circle piece in the first picture is the piece that popped off of the end that needs to be put back on in order for the gun to operate.

Thanks for looking.