Magic's Content

There have been 377 items by Magic (Search limited from 13-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#175972 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

Thanks, and about cleaning lady's stealing. Funny story, my friend Kevin had a baby sitter / cleaning lady clean the house for 3 years and one day he came and his SIM card wasn't in his phone. A few weeks later there was over $2000.00 ran up on it, imagine that. ;)

#175970 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

Its kinda common sense though. But props to you on making the write up.

It may be common sence on what to do but it's quite confusing if you're new to nerfhaven or this is one of your first mods. My friend thought it was challenging. ( He just joined. )

#176070 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

Its kinda common sense though. But props to you on making the write up.

It may be common sence on what to do but it's quite confusing if you're new to nerfhaven or this is one of your first mods. My friend thought it was challenging. ( He just joined. )

I know how that feels. Really though, This was a decent write up. There was one that was complicated. So this one is easy to understand. So good job. I was like that when I first joined.

EDIT: And nice paint job on the NF.

Awww man, this took me like 15 minutes and you just totally ruined my pride. :(
Edit - Cheeseburgers rule! :D

#176082 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

Sorry for the double post but had to say it, tomorrow there will be a better write-up in this ones place. Getting new NF and SSPB. :D

#176094 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 11:00 PM in Modifications

Well let's not do this in this topic. PM me pictures of what it looks like.

#175916 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 02:08 PM in Modifications

Basic pictures? It has complete internal pics here.

That wasn't the mod I was referring to, I was referring to Starbuck's mod. Plus Grooves doesn't show where to dremel. :P

#176090 Nf + Sspb Vertical

Posted by Magic on 08 September 2008 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

tomorrow there will be a better write-up in this ones place.

One piece of advice, Your face does not need to be in every photo.

Yes, that is one mistake I made in many of my posts. Actually when I originally started posting I wore a clown mask to hide my face. ( Inspired by you ). :D

#213435 Deodorant Turret

Posted by Magic on 19 February 2009 - 12:42 AM in Homemades

At first this made me LOL, until I took a look at it. Awesome idea, and good job.

#214180 Double Barrel

Posted by Magic on 22 February 2009 - 02:28 PM in Modifications

Okay, so I was digging around in my junk drawer, and I found this piece from a broken Magstrike.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I decided to see if it would fit in a coupler, and the only coupler I had on hand was in my SNAPbow.
Posted Image
Posted Image
There is a black rubber-like foam piece on the head of the Magstrike piece, you're going to want to get a razor, and pry-cut it off. The following picture is what it should look like after the step stated above.
Posted Image
You're then going to want to cut your size brass. This is the second time i've done it, the first was a failure, but I did find out that when use McMaster foam, with a SNAPbow, you should be using 9/16th brass. I wouldn't try using PETG, because the brass is the only thing thin enough to get air from each output in each specific barrel. After cutting the brass, glue it on, and this is what it should look like.
Posted Image
Here it is again, on the SNAPbow.
Posted Image

In my opinion this is totally worth doing. The SNAPbow with a 10 inch CPVC barrel nested in PVC, hits 120-130FT. With this double brass barrel, the first shot was with both barrels a little above 70FT. Ramrodded, I hit around 80.

Questions? Comments?

#214253 Double Barrel

Posted by Magic on 22 February 2009 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

Nice mod, although I hate ramrodding with a passion.

I'm wondering if there would be enough space there to slip 19/32 over the 9/16. If so, you might be able to breech both those barrels.

Yes, you can. 17/32nd slides right in. Just make sure when cutting, if using pipe cutters, do it slowly, and slowly turn the knob tightening the wheel. If you don't it will bend the end of the barrel in, causing a tightening ring, which will prevent you from breeching it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I only uses 9/16 because it fits McMaster foam the best. You can use whatever size brass you want, and even thin-walled PETG if you are careful enough.

DOUBLE EDIT: Imperious, diamondback was correct, it's a 1/2in PVC coupler.

#214193 Double Barrel

Posted by Magic on 22 February 2009 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

Yeah, it was more of an experiment gone good. I've been wanting to try it for a while, but never had enough boredom until now.

#214564 Double Barrel

Posted by Magic on 23 February 2009 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

I nested CPVC in PVC with time, effort, and alot of sanding/shaving down. You can probably just buy thin-wall PVC and the CPVC would most likely fit right in that.

#183231 Quality Tools?

Posted by Magic on 12 October 2008 - 12:08 PM in General Nerf

In my personal opinion they both look very nice.

Dude he's not talking about looks, he's talking about if they work correctly.. Give a good suggestion instead of a shitty comment about being pretty. On topic - I mostly use black and decker but like Carbon said, offbrand is fine for small projects. As for hand tools I use husky.

#222546 Unique Brass Breeching System

Posted by Magic on 08 April 2009 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

Nice job. Very unique. Keep up the good work.

- Magic

#173454 Ammo Holder On A Barrel?

Posted by Magic on 29 August 2008 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

A few days ago I was playing around with my crossbow when I had decided to make a flip barrel. I wasn't to pleased with it so I just used my single barrel again. I started thinking wouldn't it be a good idea to put ammo holders on the end of a barrel? So I did... Here are the pictures.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Questions? Comments? Flames?

#173458 Ammo Holder On A Barrel?

Posted by Magic on 29 August 2008 - 06:56 PM in Modifications

To be honest, no. Actually if there aren't any stefans in the top holder, it helps my aiming.

#173563 Ammo Holder On A Barrel?

Posted by Magic on 29 August 2008 - 11:02 PM in Modifications

Thank yuh. :P

#173558 Ammo Holder On A Barrel?

Posted by Magic on 29 August 2008 - 10:58 PM in Modifications

Not at all actually. The hot glue was enough to hold it on and I just added some E-tape for extra help.

#173460 Ammo Holder On A Barrel?

Posted by Magic on 29 August 2008 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

That may help, this is just a prototype I created when I got bored. I've seen people put ammo holders on just the crossbow, but I don't like that look.

#173467 Ammo Holder On A Barrel?

Posted by Magic on 29 August 2008 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

There's a bit of a difference between his ammo holder and mine. His is a slide on without a coupler, mine is glued onto a barrel.

#173464 Ammo Holder On A Barrel?

Posted by Magic on 29 August 2008 - 07:00 PM in Modifications

I see, but keep in mind it's a coupler and I can always just remove it and put in a straight barrel. It's not perminant.

#173599 Ammo Holder On A Barrel?

Posted by Magic on 30 August 2008 - 05:46 AM in Modifications

I did it too. But I put them back about an inch or so, and on both ends. I would fire, then load a dart in the front of the barrel, then flip it around in the coupler. It works pretty decently, since in my current project speed loaders aren't an option right now.

Edit: A quick commentary: Is your name supposed to be Fire? Or was Fier intentional?

My name was supposed to be Fier intentionally because my last name is Fierstein. It's sort of a play on words. :P

#173476 Ammo Holder On A Barrel?

Posted by Magic on 29 August 2008 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

I've done this before with one of my PVC blowguns, but it was made out of paper. It was convenient, but I prefer the felt bag I attached to my foam vest. It'll hold ~100 darts, and it's conveniently placed at my hip.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm still going to be using a mesh bag clipped onto my belt, but this is for faster reloading, instead of opening the bag, taking the dart out, closing the bag, etc..

#204375 Fotoshop.

Posted by Magic on 18 January 2009 - 11:24 AM in Off Topic

I don't have photoshop, but I do use paint. Pretty cool.

#222614 Gotcha Shot

Posted by Magic on 09 April 2009 - 01:47 PM in General Nerf

My friend has one. His broke, so he opened it up. There was no way to fix it, so we took the spring. The spring resembled something close to the length of a chainblazer spring.

#222118 Buzz Bee Toys Belt Blaster With Suction Darts

Posted by Magic on 07 April 2009 - 12:02 AM in General Nerf

It's been spotted but never on Amazon before. Nice find.

#217569 Assassin

Posted by Magic on 12 March 2009 - 12:02 AM in General Nerf

25. Do not aim at a players face ( I DON’T want ANYONE getting hit in the eye)

I like that one.

That one only works with Assassin games though.
They don't wear eye protection.
Nerf wars are different.

How so? You don't agree that all Nerf related games should have the rule of not aiming for the face?

#174674 Nerf Wii Blasters

Posted by Magic on 03 September 2008 - 12:57 AM in General Nerf

I'm not exactly sure on the details, but think about it. If the switch shot uses a wii-mote the mote must be used as some kind of infared laser, so when you aim the gun it moves to where your aiming on the TV screen. Maybe it's the same way with the vulcan, just the switch shot will be able to move more where as the mega-vulcan will have to mostly stay stationary unless you feel like heavy lifting.

#174663 Nerf Wii Blasters

Posted by Magic on 02 September 2008 - 11:05 PM in General Nerf

I highly doubt that they plan on releasing any more at this time; the point of the Switchshot is to just have a generic nerf gun-thingy to use to play the nerf game.

If the game/accessory is successful enough, they may develop new Wii/blaster peripherals, but just because there is more than one type of blaster in the game does not mean that they will be coming out with more than one Wii/blaster peripheral.

In conclusion: rejoice that Hasbro is making a new, potentially useful blaster. Don't expect there to be more in the near future.

I still believe it's possible that there will be a line of nerf wii-blasters, like the line of maxforce and cyberstrike, etc...

#174660 Nerf Wii Blasters

Posted by Magic on 02 September 2008 - 10:47 PM in General Nerf

No, they just marketed the Nerf blaster with a Wii game for kicks.

Thanks for the sarcasm, but on a serious note. I'd really like to understand what other guns hasbro will be coming out with for the nerf wii-blaster line.

#174657 Nerf Wii Blasters

Posted by Magic on 02 September 2008 - 10:32 PM in General Nerf

Okay, so we've all seen that post about the mega-vulcan. Now in that video it was able to shoot real darts and it was part of the video game. The nerf switch-shot is also a blaster, but it has the ability to hold a wii-mote. Is it possible that both of these new blasters are part of a new nerf wii game? Does the mega-vulcan also have the ability to hold a wii-mote? If so what other types of blasters will they come out with? No good game only has two guns, if this game has a mega-vulcan and a hand gun will they have a shotgun, and a rifle? Maybe this will be a longshot. Who knows. Please give your opinion on the topic and what you think about it, and if i'm right or wrong.

#217292 Super Shot 2000

Posted by Magic on 10 March 2009 - 11:06 AM in Modifications

BustaNinja - Thanks.

UpperHand - Thanks, I hate when people say that also.

b00m13 - I'm not in to StarTrek, though I did notice that.

slowguitarman - Thanks. I would put it in a NF shell, but you have to remember that this is just spare parts I found in my spare parts bin. This was really the only thing to put a SMDTG pump to good use.

rokor - You're giving away my next idea! >^_^ Just kidding. I thought about putting a titan on it instead of a 2K, but it would take like 25 pumps, and would be very top heavy. I will try it though and get back to you guys, considering I have at least 3 more LSFG triggers.

#217021 Super Shot 2000

Posted by Magic on 08 March 2009 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

Okay, so I thought of this idea a long time ago, and i'm not sure if anyone has ever done it before. This was greatly inspired by the Chimera, and the home made Splitfire.

Materials:
- LSFG Trigger/Handle
- AT2K Tank
- SMDTG Pump
- 17/32 Brass
- Sch. 40 PVC
- Tubing
- Hot Glue or Plumbers Goop
- E-Tape

Keep in mind, once I completed this, I realized I forgot to take pictures of the seperate pieces. So here is the completed blaster.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As for ranges, it's late right now, but i'm going with 85FTish.

Questions? Comments?

#217048 Super Shot 2000

Posted by Magic on 09 March 2009 - 12:55 AM in Modifications

Okay, Skitzo wanted a link to the home made splitfire, so here you guys go. Many props to Ice Nine.

This, this, and this were all made by Ice Nine. He did the exact same thing that I did, except he put the pump in the handle (awesome idea), and turreted all of them. Mine is just much cleaner. :lol: Thanks for the links Nine.

#217026 Super Shot 2000

Posted by Magic on 08 March 2009 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

Looks great! How many pumps does it take to fill up the tank?

Around 7, but 5 is fine for me. 5 gets me around 65-70FT, and I feel safer pumping it less. Thanks for the comments.

#217024 Super Shot 2000

Posted by Magic on 08 March 2009 - 10:01 PM in Modifications

Yes, Zaxbys gave me the idea to cover it as well. I'm going to do that soon.

#217033 Super Shot 2000

Posted by Magic on 08 March 2009 - 10:50 PM in Modifications

xtremejumpy - I guess I beat you to it. :lol:

Hoceky - Yes, it's comfortable in my opinion. I guess it varies from person to person, but I love this thing.

EVERYONE:

I tested ranges a few minutes ago, and I have markers set up. It's hitting 75FT flat, with no drop.

#268440 Cpvc, Hard To Find?

Posted by Magic on 07 March 2010 - 10:15 PM in General Nerf

I don't know if this is just in America, but in Home Depot they only have PVC. At Ace Hardware they usually have CPVC. :) Hope I was of assistance.

#268452 Cpvc, Hard To Find?

Posted by Magic on 07 March 2010 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

I don't know if this is just in America, but in Home Depot they only have PVC. At Ace Hardware they usually have CPVC. :) Hope I was of assistance.

I almost always get my CPVC from Home Depot.

In what isle? In the plumbing isle there's a lot of PVC but no CPVC.

#170476 Big Blast Or Big Salvo?

Posted by Magic on 18 August 2008 - 10:38 PM in General Nerf

I'm happy to see people choices, thanks for keeping this topic alive. :P