kickass jb's Content

There have been 140 items by kickass jb (Search limited from 31-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#55696 At3k

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

I am doing cx's petg mod on it soon once I get the PETG and that little middle pieve in the center of the turret seems to be missing (?). I am planning on putting this little wooden dowel that I have in it's place thats about the weight of balsa wood but more rigid. I was hoping be able to attach the pieces of stock barrel (the stabilizers for the PETG) on that. My question is, when attaching the wood to the plastic (for both stabilizers and base) should I use plumbers goop or epoxy?

#54258 Breech Load With Brass?

Posted by kickass jb on 05 May 2005 - 08:51 PM in Homemades

Hey, I am in the process of coming up with a prototype of a dual shot shot gun (spring). My original idea was to have the barrels on hinges and kind of pop down like the old spread shots from the cowboy days. Due to the fact that I want a cocking system like a modern day pump shotgun (over the barrels) I don't think I can make a hinge system, so I'm resorting to a breech load for the two barrels. I like Cx's method of brass barrels with spring guns (17/32 in 9/16 in 19/32 in half inch pvc) so I was wondering if it would be possible and effective to have a breech loader with that barrel. If so how would it work? Same as others?

#53382 Nerf Gear Idea

Posted by kickass jb on 24 April 2005 - 05:54 PM in Homemades

Now I've read through the forum now and then and I didn't find this idea that I came up with so here it is:

I'm a fan for spring guns and since I have alot of pistols I use two at a time. For quick arming/cocking, I took two pieces of coat hanger and bent them into two hooks. Then I stuck one end of each throw my vest gear (my ammo storage...basicaly two shoulder straps and a cross strap all to the waist). Then I duct taped the hooks for safety. So when I load my guns and I'm rushing for any reason, I put the loop part of the gun onto the hooks and pull, cocking both at once. It improves the rate of fire and it isn't dangerous as you might think with having hooks on your chest because when I lie down or what not, then just go to the side and don't poke me.

#53735 How Do I Post Pics In Threads?

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

Wow, I'm a fucking retard...My apologies.

#55895 Eab Mod

Posted by kickass jb on 28 May 2005 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

Ranges are without banding or spring replacement (so very minimal for its potential)

Micro: 50ft avg
Mega: 42ft avg

Shot six darts with each, and took the mean average.

p.s. I should be getting a spring for it in a week or two so I will update then as well if someone with a spring replacement hasn't already.

#54712 Does Amazon Ship To Canada?

Posted by kickass jb on 12 May 2005 - 04:12 PM in General Nerf

Anybody know if Amazon.com ships to Canada? It says U.S. protectorates but I have no idea what that means.

#55837 Eab Mod

Posted by kickass jb on 28 May 2005 - 10:01 AM in Modifications

This is a little something I tried out and it works. This mod will let you shoot both micro stefans and mega stefans from it. First off, follow Yakman's mod and take a piece of 1/2" pvc and glue it/tape it to the o-ring piece of the stock barrel. then put a coupler on the end that would be coming out of the gun and make it so that it stops JUST at the point where the larger stock barrel stops, and glue it in center. So now what I did is I cut two 5" pieces of 1/2" pvc and shoved 5" of cpvc down one of them. So now whenever I want to fire megas, I just stick the mega barrel (pvc) in the coupler and go, and when I want to fire micro stefans I just put the micro barrel (cpvc) in the barrel and go. Have fun.

If you need pictures let me know and I should be able to get them up in a couple of days.

#53732 How Do I Post Pics In Threads?

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 02:58 PM in General Nerf

How do I post pictures in threads? I've tried the help and search button but couldnt find anything.

#54718 Does Amazon Ship To Canada?

Posted by kickass jb on 12 May 2005 - 04:38 PM in General Nerf

AGHHH, I just tried to do it all and right in the end it says it can't ship these guns to Canada. Anyone know any sites selling an RF20 and NF (mainly RF20) besides ebay that ships to Canada?

#52634 Normal Pvc And Pvc Conduit

Posted by kickass jb on 16 April 2005 - 03:07 PM in Homemades

hey everyone, im new to this homemade stuff and the modding as well, frends and i have decided that our stock guns won't cut it and are thinking about making homemades, only problem is, I bought some 1/2" PVC piping and my mega stefans wont even fit halfway in, I later found out that its 1/2" PVC Conduit, is there ne difference, are my darts for some reason (5/8") fatter than normal, am I just a screw up and can't figure out the obvious problem? help

#58313 Help Me Win A Skateboard

Posted by kickass jb on 27 June 2005 - 12:03 AM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Haha, nicely done.

#52640 Normal Pvc And Pvc Conduit

Posted by kickass jb on 16 April 2005 - 04:10 PM in Homemades

Great advice Piney, thanks a bunch. Your right about the variations in size (varified it with the darts they are Tago Stopdrafts and some are MUCH wider in diameter than others). As for the piping goes, you know your stuff because you were right about it being a medium gray. Next time I go I'll check witht the darts and hopefully have better results, because with this pipe I can't even fit an inch of the dart in before I start twisting and even with the twisting I get maybe an inch if I'm lucky. Anyways, thanks for the advice :D

#52636 1/2" Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 16 April 2005 - 03:51 PM in Homemades

I live in Ottawa, Canada, and the ONLY place that I can even find some Foam Backer Rod is at Home Depot. I don't have any Lowe's in my city and Home Hardware has jack all. Problem is, Home Depot only sells 3/8" 5/8" and 7/8" FBR and I have been checking there for the past 4 months with no results. I have alot of 5/8" stefans but they don't fit into my cpvc barrels AND I can't seem to find any 1/2" PVC piping at home depot either. So I'm hoping that someone knows a Canadian store besides home depot (or even the aisle in home depot I should check incase I'm wrong) that sell either 1/2" pvc or 1/2" FBR.

-thanks

#54304 Designing Program?

Posted by kickass jb on 06 May 2005 - 10:21 PM in Homemades

Aside from paint, does anyone know of a GOOD freeware program that can help me design 3d and/or animated 2d models? I've searched all over the net but everything is either way to complex or doesn't have enough.

#57337 Rototrack Broken

Posted by kickass jb on 12 June 2005 - 02:21 PM in Modifications

I don't have any pictures, but after doing the mod for it on Nerfworld, I put it back together, shoot it, try again and SNAP! I opened it up and where the plunger shaft connects to the back piece of the plunger (the little thing that goes over the spring) snaped and there is a hole there now. I tried crazy glue, hot glue, melting plastic on top of it to try to bond it back together, nothing worked. Any other ideas?

#57581 Ahh Where Does It All Go?

Posted by kickass jb on 15 June 2005 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

Using the pictures and a lot of trial and error, I got everything back into place except this following piece. The top white part is just a ring, not to be confused with the disc piece that gets a screw through it that holds the turret together.

Posted Image

#57357 Rototrack Broken

Posted by kickass jb on 12 June 2005 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

I plan on getting either one this week, since I don't have any right now. Which one would have the stronger hold in this case, epoxy right?

#55289 Well..crap

Posted by kickass jb on 19 May 2005 - 07:44 PM in Modifications

Yea I had the same thing happen to me if it's what I'm thinking. The orange cocking part itself (not some brace or guider) snap, on both of the cockers. Still broken to this day :ph34r:

#57579 Ahh Where Does It All Go?

Posted by kickass jb on 15 June 2005 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

I opened up my AT3K and fucked up the internals, can anyone give me detailed pics of the turret/firing mechanism...anything helps. Thanks

#57584 Ahh Where Does It All Go?

Posted by kickass jb on 15 June 2005 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

With CLOSE examination of the pictures.. it seems your right once again CX. Merci beaucoup.

#53555 Know What This Gun Is?

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 04:17 PM in General Nerf

Reading up on this site and how an article claimed that nerf guns can commonly be found at thrift stores, and, having a thrift store of about a 2 minute walk from my house, I decided to give it a shot. I found and purchased this pistol for 49 cents Canadian (hence why I bought it) and have no clue what it is, hoping you guys can help me.

Its mostly blue with a neon orange barrel, the barrel is on the top and is has this thing curving from the bottom of the barrel so that you can adjust the angle of it. It has two ammo holders on the left side and the cocking mechanism is black and on the front, it somewhat resembles a cheap fake site. I would post a picture of it but I don't have a site to post it on and don't know how (if you even can) to post it on here...

#55782 CPVC Or PETG

Posted by kickass jb on 27 May 2005 - 04:32 PM in General Nerf

I myself am undecided because I don't know if one out performs the other if the are the same. Specifically, I'm looking for what to use on a SM1500, NF and Rototrack chain mod. I know brass would be better for some but I cannot acquire any.

#58843 When I Pump, Air Comes Out Of The Barrel.

Posted by kickass jb on 07 July 2005 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Yea I had those problems on both my AT3K's in the twinpack. I didn't mod them or anything. First time I tried them out out of the box they both skipped and air leaked.

#55571 Good Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 24 May 2005 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

Wheres that mod that gives it a bigger air tank? Is it on here or NHQ? I searched for it but didn't come up with any results.

#53561 Know What This Gun Is?

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 04:47 PM in General Nerf

Yes your right, it is a range shot (checked on google and found a picture)...Anyone know if it's any good?

#53704 Darts In A Pvc Barrel

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 06:00 AM in Modifications

My bad. They are mega stefans. All 1/2" PVC mods and the barrels are anywhere between 6" (secret shot) to 11" (EaB). On some darts there isn't alot of friction so I can push them all the way to the back but when I fire, the dart just plops out.

#56188 Single-barrel At3k

Posted by kickass jb on 31 May 2005 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

Why didn't you just save your money, buy a AT2K and single that then wait for when you can get PETG? That's what I did. Oh well, everyone has their own ideas and opinions. I won't be doing your mod but I'm interested for when your pics are up.

#53691 A Good Way To Straighten Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 27 April 2005 - 09:07 PM in Homemades

Oh, I get you. I was making 5/8" megas. Can't seem to find any 1/2" yet.
But just wondering, do you think or would you know if 3/4 pvc would work for 5/8" megas?

#53706 Darts In A Pvc Barrel

Posted by kickass jb on 28 April 2005 - 06:35 AM in Modifications

Okay, thanks. It can settle for now since I'm hoping to change my stefan ammo horde to 1/2" anyways, now I won't have to remod all my guns, **phew**.

#53658 A Good Way To Straighten Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 27 April 2005 - 06:17 PM in Homemades

CX, how do you fit 10' of fbr into the pvc, won't it get stuck? Or do you cut the pvc in half?

And suave, I've tried the dryer but I find after a week or so, they start to curve again, do yours always stay straight?

#53688 Darts In A Pvc Barrel

Posted by kickass jb on 27 April 2005 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

I find that when I put my darts into PVC barrel and I shove it in all the way, It doesn't go very far. When I put it in the end of barrel it fires farther. Am I doing something wrong or do other people have this too?

#53553 A Good Way To Straighten Fbr

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 03:46 PM in Homemades

I still find that straightening stefans over a period of time works better than rushing the job, it makes them stay straighter, for longer (in my opinion). Now I've checked around and nobody has posted it so far.

If your good with wood (or know some one who is) take a piece of wood (or scrap wood, doesn't really matter) and just cut a dado groove in it using a table saw that is approx. 5/8". stick the FBR in there, tape it down about every foot (or a line down the whole thing if you dont care about your tape) and let it sit. I find it works better than nailing the ends to a table and is more convenient that hanging them from your ceiling. I made a few identical pieces each about 6ft in length and I insert the FBR, stack the wood pieces and just put them on a table and wait for a few weeks.

#54961 Straighting Stefans

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 06:17 PM in Homemades

Yea I believe it was CX who told me his way and I've used it ever since. I just bought about 100' of 1/2" PVC and shoved the 1/2" FBR in there and toss it up in the rafters of my shed. The PVC is tight enough to straighten them but not tight enough to get it stuck. So after making my original amount of darts, I just take down 10' at a time as I need it. Out of all the methods I've tried (hair dryer, dryer, my hands, cold water, nailing them tight, hanging them with weights, and PVC) PVC has worked the best all around.

#53569 My Nerf Reality

Posted by kickass jb on 26 April 2005 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

Good job man..Told me some things I knew and didn't as well. Have fun.

#54847 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 14 May 2005 - 08:49 AM in Modifications

Yeah your right I don't really have the time (or understanding) to set up a test like that. I read it and understood how the ratio's and all the forces and volumes and such but I didn't really get how that was supposed to help me pick my barrel. Like looking at all the barrels I could be using, which parameters should be met for the ideal barrel? i.e. dart leaves barrel once plunger is done or what not. Hopefully with the parameters I need in my head I should be able to get the rest done by myself.

#54821 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

I have bought these two non-nerf pistols from walmart that shoot sits darts sort of a revolving system like the ATs. It's a plunger gun with about the same plunger size of NF. I was wondering which type of barrel would be the best to shoot micro stefans. PETG, brass, PVC or crayola?. I read up on CX's article but it didnt give me much on micro stefan shooting pistols.

#54834 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

So in other words, for my spring pistol I'm looking for any giving barrel that I will have to use a ramrod to get the bullets in but not so tight that they will get stuck?

#54828 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Good point. But I was thinking about the whole case of spring guns and air volume and friction, the technical mumbo jumbo. I ALWAYS test fit my darts first but I was hoping for an answer based on the science (if you want to call it that), behind the barrel choice.

#59691 Mystery Gun!

Posted by kickass jb on 19 July 2005 - 07:56 PM in General Nerf

Its the pistol from the Defender T3

#53970 Energy Paintball Gun Mod?

Posted by kickass jb on 01 May 2005 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

I'm sure atleast SOME of you have seen/acquired one of those Energy Paintball guns that were in for a while. I was wondering if anyone had successfully modded one with good results?