kickass jb's Content

There have been 140 items by kickass jb (Search limited from 31-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#54304 Designing Program?

Posted by kickass jb on 06 May 2005 - 10:21 PM in Homemades

Aside from paint, does anyone know of a GOOD freeware program that can help me design 3d and/or animated 2d models? I've searched all over the net but everything is either way to complex or doesn't have enough.

#54409 Need A Good Combo

Posted by kickass jb on 08 May 2005 - 02:50 PM in General Nerf

Now I don't know about everyone on this board, but when I play inside or out, I HATE just sitting there and losing people, it bores the hell out of me. I'm the rusher/ambush type, even when it's not to my advantage and gets me killed (doh!). I was hoping you guys could help me out with a good combo to use. I currently have a rototrack, 2 EaB, 2 BBB, SS1 and SSII. I am hoping to expand my arsenal regardless, but I was hoping I could get a good combo with what I have/the best with what I don't. I KNOW there is no "best gun" but I'm just saying based on characteristics of the guns ( like a PC because it's rapid fire for eg). I was thinking for what I have: the Rototack for rushing, the SSII so that safety shot or two, and the BBB carbine (all the sites and front handle taken off) in a long leg holster just incase I ever need that long shot.

#54412 Need A Good Combo

Posted by kickass jb on 08 May 2005 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

yea its the secret shot 1, cept I cant triple mod it since I lost the tubing,,,unless someone can tell me a good substitute?

#54444 My Shotgun Prototype

Posted by kickass jb on 08 May 2005 - 08:38 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Heres my shotgun prototype:

Red = 1/2" PVC
Dark Blue = 1" PVC
Yellow = Wood Dowel/Piece or some others material
Light green = 1/2" coupler
Dark Green = stopper of plastic or what not
Pink = pieces of 3/4" PVC
Purple = Spacer of plastic or piece of wood
Black = Spring
Dark Grey = Stefan
Brown = copper or music wire catch
Light blue = Hinge
Light grey = Nail or hard metal

There is another barrel/plunger/plunger tube/catch with still one trigger, you can't see the other stuff since it's profile. I base it on the old western style guns, to load it, you "clunk" the barrels down via the hinge, load the darts, and "clunk" the barrels back into the couplers.

Everything is roughly in scale with each square 1/2".
What does everyone think?

Thanks to Boltsniper for helping me out with the program

#54489 My Shotgun Prototype

Posted by kickass jb on 09 May 2005 - 02:45 PM in Homemades

Well it is an interesting design (I actually was contemplating something similar), however, I have a couple concerns:

1) The feasibility of rotating a piece of PVC (muzzle) into the coupler (at the end of the piston tube), I don't have some handy, so I can't say either way, but it seems to me that it wouldn't rotate into it, only slide in parallel. I suspect the only way of being able to rotate it into the coupling is with some liberal sanding/cutting of the coupler/muzzle. This brings me to my second point.

2) Seal. Or potentially lack thereof. How do you plan on keeping a good seal between the coupler and muzzle. Normally this isn't a problem if you slide the muzzle in, like most breach loaders, but if it pivots up into the coupler, you'll need some sort of smooshy o-ring type gadget. Which leads me to my final point.

3) How do you plan on keeping the muzzle firmly up against the coupler. Manually holding it there is possible I suppose, but could be cumbersome, especially when carrying because you would constantly have to push up on the muzzle. I suggest some sort of releasable catch perhaps.

Anyways, neat idea. Will it have double barrels? That'd be awesome.

Yes it does have a double barrel. :D, I was thinking/am hoping for some sort of catch but I have thought of a good way to do it yet. And for the rotating of the PVC into the coupler, it creates (barely) an airseal. I tried in and put my hand over the barrel and blew into the other end, none of the air came out. Although it still wouldn't be a good fit but when I'd use it I'm assuming I'll use two hands (one on pump and one on trigger) so my hands should be helping it stay closed.

#54491 My Shotgun Prototype

Posted by kickass jb on 09 May 2005 - 02:48 PM in Homemades

Image shack is gay, heres a damn link to my idea of how to fix all three of your points. Can someone try and host this? My idea

I like the loading idea but is there some sort of angle where the stefans slide up, because I think it'd be awful hard for them to with out it? If so, wouldn't they all just be pushed up at once and jam? My last point, the stefan "clip" area is open in the barrel so alot of the air from the plunger would seem to travel in there and be wasted.

#54494 Need A Good Combo

Posted by kickass jb on 09 May 2005 - 03:27 PM in General Nerf

I don't think I should make a new thread on it because I've made enough this week already ( I know it's only monday) but does anyone know of a way to make a homemade belt for the rototrack?

#54500 Need A Good Combo

Posted by kickass jb on 09 May 2005 - 05:00 PM in General Nerf

does anyone know of a way to make a homemade belt for the rototrack?

You probably could with 1/2 in. pvc. If you but rubber washers on the end and connected the pvc with duct tape.I'm going to try to build one for my rototrack.

No good, I tried and the PVC is too thick.. I was thing maybe PETG wrapped in electrical/duct tape, then connected via duct tape. I dunt have any PETG but it's an idea for someone who does.

#54504 My Shotgun Prototype

Posted by kickass jb on 09 May 2005 - 05:37 PM in Homemades

Posted Image
The brown piece will prevent you from cocking it unless you are holding down the trigger when you cock, I think. Not positive. To fix that I think you should have it at an angle so the bolt slides over it.

Actually I was thinking more of stealing the idea from Boltsniper and having the coupler on an angle. With the PVC I buy, there is already a coupler on the end that has a nice gentle angle to it.. that'd do it.

#54518 My Shotgun Prototype

Posted by kickass jb on 09 May 2005 - 10:02 PM in Homemades

I was thinking maybe instead on the hinge maybe like a thick copper cable wire so that I could pull it out and shove em in but the wire would be strong enough to support it?

#54556 My Shotgun Prototype

Posted by kickass jb on 10 May 2005 - 07:23 PM in Homemades

Okay I was playing with this super soaker of mine and for some reason this idea popped into my head. What if instead of the hinge or whatever, I make the pump part of the gun and make it solid with dowels/tracks for it to glide on the bottom and two things on the top to cock. Then in the middle where the gap is between the two barrels because the couplers, I put a tiny bar or something thats got a stick through it so it pivots on that spot. then it'll go a little ways up and have another tiny bare (nail or something) through it thats connected to the gun and then the stick goes up a little farther. So when I want to open the barrels, I pull back on the handle on the top of the gun and the barrels slide forward out of the coupler and I load the darts then press the gun handle forward and the barrels lock into the couplers again. What do you think? If anyone needs clarification I'll do my best to draw something up.

#54557 Hi Long Time No See Guys! I'm Back! ^^

Posted by kickass jb on 10 May 2005 - 07:25 PM in General Nerf

Wow for that orange and beige pump it charge it water gun you have, I'd be interested in the stats/mod because I have one just sitting in my shed.

#54571 Hi Long Time No See Guys! I'm Back! ^^

Posted by kickass jb on 10 May 2005 - 08:25 PM in General Nerf

How did you mod the charger 600 (orange and beige), did you just cut of the restrictor and stick brass on?

#54699 Most Over/under-rated Guns

Posted by kickass jb on 12 May 2005 - 02:49 PM in General Nerf

I agree with Matt on the under-rated gun, DEFINITELY the SS1 (secret shot one). With so many easy possible mods you can do it it, including the tri-barrel I am currently doing to mine, it's a great overall gun. Love it for rushing. Second runner up is the EaB I have two of them and with the simple mods on them, they are one of the more preferable guns everyone at my wars want dibs on (I have about 90% of groups total gun count).

For the most over-rated gun I'd say the crossbow. Sure it's an awesome gun and with some practice can make you kill just about anybody in a war, but the thing is, practice with just about any gun can make you kill everyone in a war. And for 50 bucks, I'm pretty sure I choose to practice a little more with my AT3000 or my BBB (which I find more preferable to the x-bow anyway) and even my EaB. Second runner up for that is the LnL, it's a pistol...want distance, go for an NF, cheaper and easier to find. Want versatility, go for an SSII (sharpshooter 2), I don't what anyone says, SSII is a great all around gun.

#54712 Does Amazon Ship To Canada?

Posted by kickass jb on 12 May 2005 - 04:12 PM in General Nerf

Anybody know if Amazon.com ships to Canada? It says U.S. protectorates but I have no idea what that means.

#54718 Does Amazon Ship To Canada?

Posted by kickass jb on 12 May 2005 - 04:38 PM in General Nerf

AGHHH, I just tried to do it all and right in the end it says it can't ship these guns to Canada. Anyone know any sites selling an RF20 and NF (mainly RF20) besides ebay that ships to Canada?

#54816 Where To Buy Lanard Products

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 06:14 PM in General Nerf

I think he was thinking of USA in general.

#54821 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

I have bought these two non-nerf pistols from walmart that shoot sits darts sort of a revolving system like the ATs. It's a plunger gun with about the same plunger size of NF. I was wondering which type of barrel would be the best to shoot micro stefans. PETG, brass, PVC or crayola?. I read up on CX's article but it didnt give me much on micro stefan shooting pistols.

#54828 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Good point. But I was thinking about the whole case of spring guns and air volume and friction, the technical mumbo jumbo. I ALWAYS test fit my darts first but I was hoping for an answer based on the science (if you want to call it that), behind the barrel choice.

#54834 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 13 May 2005 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

So in other words, for my spring pistol I'm looking for any giving barrel that I will have to use a ramrod to get the bullets in but not so tight that they will get stuck?

#54847 The Right Barrel For My Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 14 May 2005 - 08:49 AM in Modifications

Yeah your right I don't really have the time (or understanding) to set up a test like that. I read it and understood how the ratio's and all the forces and volumes and such but I didn't really get how that was supposed to help me pick my barrel. Like looking at all the barrels I could be using, which parameters should be met for the ideal barrel? i.e. dart leaves barrel once plunger is done or what not. Hopefully with the parameters I need in my head I should be able to get the rest done by myself.

#54925 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

Now I checked the mod on here but it didnt show much about the air restrictors. I have the new ex-3 (don't know if they are any different) but I cut off the peg in the barrel and am wondering do I take out the air restrictors on both piece (the one with peg and the one connecting that piece to barrel)? because I don't want my darts falling into the plunger tube.

#54928 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 01:00 PM in Modifications

Thanks, made that easy enough. When I tested it before and after, there wasn't much difference in range. Did I do something wrong or is there a reasonable explanation for this?

#54935 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 01:36 PM in Modifications

Lord, when you say the punch the entire x-thing out, did you mean just the whole x shape, or like so all that was left is just the outer ring?

#54938 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 01:54 PM in Modifications

Lord, when you say the punch the entire x-thing out, did you mean just the whole x shape, or like so all that was left is just the outer ring?

I think he means he made it so all is left is the outer ring, but don't do that because then the plunger has nothing to stop on, and it could lead to the death of your gun over time.

Edit: He beat me to it.

But if I did leave just the outer ring, when the plunger moves forward wouldn't it hit the ring, giving it something to stop on?

#54950 Nitefinder Question

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 03:32 PM in Modifications

So in other words, remove that middle connecting piece altogether? Because when I tried to do that, the two pieces have the same diameter do did you just glue/tape it together?

#54961 Straighting Stefans

Posted by kickass jb on 15 May 2005 - 06:17 PM in Homemades

Yea I believe it was CX who told me his way and I've used it ever since. I just bought about 100' of 1/2" PVC and shoved the 1/2" FBR in there and toss it up in the rafters of my shed. The PVC is tight enough to straighten them but not tight enough to get it stuck. So after making my original amount of darts, I just take down 10' at a time as I need it. Out of all the methods I've tried (hair dryer, dryer, my hands, cold water, nailing them tight, hanging them with weights, and PVC) PVC has worked the best all around.

#55289 Well..crap

Posted by kickass jb on 19 May 2005 - 07:44 PM in Modifications

Yea I had the same thing happen to me if it's what I'm thinking. The orange cocking part itself (not some brace or guider) snap, on both of the cockers. Still broken to this day :ph34r:

#55388 Nf Question

Posted by kickass jb on 21 May 2005 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

I modded my NF tonight and did the crayola barrel with pvc over it to stabilize it. The total length of the barrel is about 5 inches from tip of the marker to the end of the overlaying pvc. I'm only getting about 40' which I can do better with the stock version witht the pole removed. People had said the mod should give me around 60'. Is the barrel too long? is something done wrong?

#55391 Nf Question

Posted by kickass jb on 21 May 2005 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

I took out both air restrictors but this mod is supposedly supposed to give it a good range, I was just wondering if my barrel was too long of if someone who did that mod could point out something I did wrong or didn't do at all. Crayola is just a temporary solution because no place in Ottawa sells brass piping so I'm waiting on either BW to email me back or I find a good place on the net that ships to Canada.

#55414 Nf Question

Posted by kickass jb on 22 May 2005 - 01:35 PM in Modifications

I have also found out that my spring (the new EX-3 version) is too weak. I've called every hardware store in the city ( including Home hardware, Rona and Home Depot) and they all carry springs but they are too small. I picked up one for a screen door kit but it was WAY too powerful. Does anyone know a good place where I might find one, preferably NOT online.

#55420 Nf Question

Posted by kickass jb on 22 May 2005 - 02:25 PM in Modifications

Unless you live in the middle of the desert you should have plenty of stores that carry springs of all sizes. I got my spring for my NF at True Value Hardware, so if you have one of those near you try there. It shouldn't be a problem, every hardware store I've been to has springs, I don't see what you mean that they are too small. Just go to your nearest one and look for them rather than calling.

Also aren't most screen door springs stretch rather than compression springs?

They were too small because they wouldn't fit over the plunger and they were only like 2" long.

There is too springs on the screen doors, one that stretches and pulls which compresses a compression spring.

And no. There is no True Value in Ottawa :(

#55526 Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by kickass jb on 23 May 2005 - 09:27 PM in Off Topic

Talio, got a good point there. It was good enough for me to download, but not pay to see. Anyway, I'm off to watch Lucas' real great movies....**music** INDIANA JONES!

#55571 Good Gun?

Posted by kickass jb on 24 May 2005 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

Wheres that mod that gives it a bigger air tank? Is it on here or NHQ? I searched for it but didn't come up with any results.

#55584 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by kickass jb on 24 May 2005 - 08:52 PM in General Nerf

I'm using your floor tiles and how the gun runs along them, your barrel seems to be tilting up my friend.

#55646 Newbie To Nerfing

Posted by kickass jb on 25 May 2005 - 10:04 PM in General Nerf

Off topic I know, but talio why not single barrel an AT2K if your using micros? too much velocity? I have 2 unmodded and one quad and I was thinking of singling one with CPVC, or would it turn out too powerful?

#55680 Machine Gun, Part 2... And Other Mods

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 02:42 PM in Modifications

Dude that RB mobile mod is amazing. I have an Rototrack (don't think there is an abbrv for it) and I'm trying to find a way to make a homeamade chain for it, no luck so far.

#55693 The At2k Or 3k

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 04:22 PM in General Nerf

Damn Canada, all I have at TRU are nf's and mavs ;) not even the N-strike. I really wish they had rf20's there.

#55694 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 04:24 PM in Homemades

Depending on your bandwith, it'd probably be cheaper to just upload it as a torrent.

#55696 At3k

Posted by kickass jb on 26 May 2005 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

I am doing cx's petg mod on it soon once I get the PETG and that little middle pieve in the center of the turret seems to be missing (?). I am planning on putting this little wooden dowel that I have in it's place thats about the weight of balsa wood but more rigid. I was hoping be able to attach the pieces of stock barrel (the stabilizers for the PETG) on that. My question is, when attaching the wood to the plastic (for both stabilizers and base) should I use plumbers goop or epoxy?