ChiliPepperFender's Content

There have been 353 items by ChiliPepperFender (Search limited from 13-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#152826 Reactor Modification.

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 23 April 2008 - 07:46 PM in Modifications

Another great write up, nice job.

#147760 Magstrike Clips?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 29 March 2008 - 01:53 PM in General Nerf

They might be on the Hasbro website or you could try to buy one off someone here. Just a suggestion.

EDIT: Yeah, Sluggy's right, and I just checked the website, nothing.

#148057 Foregrip Longshot W/ Paint + Light

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 30 March 2008 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

Wow, even that's an awesome paintjob and I don't even watch star trek. Also, great job with the tactical light and the foregrip. Very clean.

#147591 Foregrip Longshot W/ Paint + Light

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 28 March 2008 - 09:07 PM in Modifications

Then I got busy all year and finally finished it recently.

Did this really take you a year? Anyway, I really like it, nice job!

#147644 Foregrip Longshot W/ Paint + Light

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 28 March 2008 - 11:02 PM in Modifications

I first had this idea an year ago, but actual working time is about 20 hours I think. I gutted most of the front gun to install the mechanism.

For my Longshot2k (in sig) I had to gut out the front gun internals. Doing this task absolutely sucked, and I hated it. Was it like that with you?

#205779 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 23 January 2009 - 09:19 PM in General Nerf

You will be seeing my new primary in about 2 weeks or less.

#152447 Pistol Tommy 20 Mod (no Writeup)

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 April 2008 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

I've never owned a MT20 so I may be wrong, but since it's on your bike you may want to try to make it rear loading for an easier re-load time.

#181069 Official "show Off Your Longshot" Thread

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 02 October 2008 - 06:55 PM in Modifications

Thus this thread was born

And thus it should now die.

#153838 Barret .50 Cal Idea

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 29 April 2008 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

I think this could turn out good. Paint the gun also though.

#151027 Singled Shotgun Titan Modification

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 13 April 2008 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

I don't really see the point of putting multi barrels on a titan. On my Titan, I just singled it with a 2 foot barrel. Then to shotgun it, just stuff 3-6 darts down the long barrel. Shoots nicely and is a lot easier than multi-barrels. Anyways, good job.

You could do that, but in my experience range is less, and there isn't much of a spread or accuracy (as much accuracy as you can get with a shotgun attachment...)

Anyways, Foam, good job. Nice and clear.

-OfAll'

Along with what Of All' said, most wars don't allow singled titans, so it's better to multi-barrel them.

#147966 What's The Most Expensive Nerf Gun You Ever Bought?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 29 March 2008 - 10:44 PM in General Nerf

I recently just bought a DTG set, so that is my highest I've ever paid for a single packaged gun. Also, Orange, I just looked at your page and arsenal. Holy shit you have ALOT of guns. At least two of everything! Quite a collection you got there.

#146908 What's The Most Expensive Nerf Gun You Ever Bought?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 25 March 2008 - 05:36 PM in General Nerf

$30 Longshot, not quite as impressive as a $100 Xbow.

#146024 Airtech 1000 Modification

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

Anytime you get the chance, but one. Stock, it's not bad for indoor wars with the turret and good stock range. Modified, it would be good for indoor wars as well, but it's more of a novelty gun than anything.

Um, I think you want to buy one, not but one. Anyway, it's nice to see a mod about the air tech 1000. Good job deaddumpster.

#157072 Marvelous Salvo

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 May 2008 - 06:23 PM in Modifications

Wait, so is the object of this mod replacing the trigger with a more reliable one?

That and making it very easy to integrate to anything.

#156986 Marvelous Salvo

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 May 2008 - 01:23 AM in Modifications

Killer integration material!
I will most likely be doing this in the future.
Are the ranges still similar to the big salvo with the smaller valve on there?

I don't even know where to classify this in the directory? Anyone got any ideas?

Yeah, I'm still debating on wheather to put this on my crossbow or sawtooth. I've had this done for a while now but I haven't range tested. Again, imaseolman who made this, said that he was getting around the 100's in his thread. So I'm guessing I'd be getting around the same with PETG barrels.

For the directory thing, you could put it under integrations for both the Big Salvo and the SMDTG. Even though it's not actually another gun inside of another.

I just noticed, 3 writeups in 3 days! Expect that streak to end tommarow.

#156977 Marvelous Salvo

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 25 May 2008 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

Ok, I'd like to give all the credit to imaseolman's Marvelous Salvo, I'm pretty sure this can also work with hornet tanks also because of the way they are built. Anyway, if anyone needed a short easy way to do it with pictures, read this writeup.

First, get your Big Salvo:
Posted Image

Now open it up:
Posted Image

After that cut off 3 barrels leaving enough tubing so you can add tubing connectors/ barbed fittings:
Posted Image

Ok, now get you SMDTG:
Posted Image

Open it up and take out the internals. Cut off the orignal barrels as well as the pump. Again, leaving enough space for tubing connectors/ barbed fittings. Here's the SMDTG and the Big salvo internals:
Posted Image

Lastly, get a pump and tubing connectors/ barbed fittings. Pretty obvious on what to do from here, but here's a picture:
Posted Image

I used an AT2K pump, but I'm sure others would work. Once again thanks to imaseolman for thinking up this idea as well as answering a few questions a while back.

Questions, comments, flames?

#156980 Marvelous Salvo

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 May 2008 - 12:21 AM in Modifications

It's an AT2K pump and I plugged it. It takes around 20 pumps untill it is hard to pump. I got the tubing connectors at Home Depot, they are 1/4"OD(1/8"CTS). I bought around 10 of them so I'm pretty much set.

#156983 Marvelous Salvo

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 May 2008 - 12:29 AM in Modifications

So you just screw them around the tubbing?

The Big Salvo barrels? Yes.

#163647 Arachnophobia Pistols

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 21 July 2008 - 11:54 PM in Modifications

Wow, that's totally insane. Great work. I'm going to have to integrate mine on to something now. I love the Arachnophobia series, keep up the good work!

By the way, where do you get your barbed fittings? All I can find at Home Depot is bing connectors and brass barbed fittings which don't work too well. Also, how long are your Big Salvo barrels

#153354 Daedalus: Super Nf

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the quick response, nice mod too.

#153310 Daedalus: Super Nf

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

Do you know where you can get the spring from? I don't really want to tear apart my screen door for one. Also, how long is the plunger tube, and what did you use to connect the two plunger rods? I have two stock nitefinders at the moment and was thinking about doing something like this. Did you use the stock end piece for the plunger rod from a nitefinder or did you make a different one? Nice mod by the way, incredible ranges too.

#153349 Daedalus: Super Nf

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 April 2008 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

@Chili: You can buy a screen door closer and break it apart if you wanted to. I just had a broken one around. The plunger tube is ~7", including the plunger face. There are actually 3 different rods there, connected by gluing 5/32" music wire in the grooves. The plunger head is entirely different, if that's what you mean.
@g-force: There is very little left of the actual NF, but yes.
@Green: It is exactly like it. I just went and 1-up'd it by using a larger diameter(more volume) plunger tube, and new spring and plunger head.

EDIT @ Green: It has a coupler, and I still want access to the internals. I am gonna paint it at some point I'm sure but right now I am still tweaking.

Concerning my question, what is exactly did you make the plunger head out of? Also do you have any pictures of said plunger head?

EDIT: I saw the pic but what's it made out of?

#149522 Spy Gear Signal Launcher

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 05 April 2008 - 05:28 PM in Modifications

You should try pumping the plug on that thing. Nice mod too.

I think you mean, "plugging the pump", pumping the plug sounds totally different. But does'nt that thing cost $20? And is it accurate with those sights you put on the top? (If they are even sights.)

I think he was just trying to mock Keef.

Keef isn't the only one who's made that mistake. Plenty of people on the boards say it frequently.

Looks good though. They do still sell these in stores, and the only complaint I have about it is the funky trigger. It is usable and you could get used to it pretty fast.

I wasn't trying to mock keef, and I did make that mistake. Thanks for pointing it out though.

#149420 Spy Gear Signal Launcher

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 05 April 2008 - 12:32 AM in Modifications

You should try pumping the plug on that thing. Nice mod too.

#164984 Assault Magstrike

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 28 July 2008 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

I know it's late, but I think this is a GREAT Magstrike mod. I've been looking at it the last few days. My project I'm working on is actually based off of your design, but with a few changes of course. I really love this mod, thanks for sparking ideas in my head.

#245822 Star Wars Rebel Trooper Blaster Mk. 2

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 06 August 2009 - 04:12 PM in Modifications

Wow, that was the coolest write-up I've ever seen. Nice use of the expo board too and good drawings.

#148780 New Music...

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 01 April 2008 - 11:48 PM in Off Topic

Stay away from Linkin Park. Seriously. I listened to some of their stuff and I couldn't help thinking, "Wow. This stuff sucks ass."

Just get some Dragonforce and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Not new, just awesome.

You, my friend, are now officially awesome.

#148460 New Music...

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 31 March 2008 - 09:24 PM in Off Topic

Umm, get the album Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

#147199 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 March 2008 - 10:16 PM in General Nerf

Think of it this way. If children who play with NERF guns ever have to be soldiers, they will already have basic skills with weapons and stuff, although I don't think that it is hasbro's intention to train future soldiers.

Are you serious? Playing with nerf guns will not give any skills that has to do with weapons or firearms. Other than the fact of pulling the trigger.

#149000 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 03 April 2008 - 12:05 AM in General Nerf

Always remember your trigger discipline and gun safety guys. And never give your gun to a baby or a cat.

Sweet I can read some of that because I'm taking Japanese this year. Anyway, nerf guns don't teach you shit, except that you can shoot foam at each other, and it won't hurt you.

#147305 Looking To Do Your First Modification?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 27 March 2008 - 04:56 PM in Modifications

Did you just copy and paste this off the NerfWiki? Or actually write it all out?

#146025 What Nerf Guns Could Be The Crossbows Of The Future?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 08:07 PM in General Nerf

The only problem with the Nitefinder becoming the Crossbow of the future is that they keep remaking it. There's the old edition and the ex-3. They also keep changing the colors too. As opposed to the Crossbow was one edition and one color.

My two cents.

#146034 What Nerf Guns Could Be The Crossbows Of The Future?

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 20 March 2008 - 08:35 PM in General Nerf

The only problem with the Nitefinder becoming the Crossbow of the future is that they keep remaking it. There's the old edition and the ex-3. They also keep changing the colors too. As opposed to the Crossbow was one edition and one color.

My two cents.

So what you're saying is, they're going to remake it so many times that it won't be sought after at all because they are so popular as a basic nerf gun, that everyone has one. Even though that's pretty much how things are now already.

Um, sure.
If you think about it a majority of the people on this site have a nitefinder and even multiples of this gun.(myself having four) Which is why I don't think it will ever become as rare or "legendary" as a Crossbow.

#198974 Merry Christmas!

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 26 December 2008 - 01:37 PM in Off Topic

I never knew how COOL vulcans were untill I actually got one. That was one of my presents along with a Line 6 Floor Pod Plus (Guitar effects multi pedal), some cash, itunes cards, snowboard, and earphones.

#156819 Re-styled Tek 10 Mod

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 24 May 2008 - 01:25 PM in Modifications

I searched in the mods directory and I used the searched funtion for what this gun is called and I still can't figuire it out. If anyone knows please tell me. Anyway, I did a mod for the gun I found at good will for 2.99$.

Here's the gun stock:
Posted Image

Before you start unscrewing all of the screws, get off the slider, keep these pieces:
Posted Image

Here are the internals of the gun:
Posted Image

All you need to take out is the turret here:
Posted Image

Here's the air restrictors:
Posted Image

In order to open the turret there's a screw at the top that you need to unscrew, next take a flat head screwdriver and pry it open carefully, don't force it:
Posted Image

This is the turret exploaded:
Posted Image

See all of those pegs? Sand and cut off them until it becomes smooth. Now add your barrel of choice. I chose PETG, and cut it 2 1/2 inches long. Next, glue them straight where the pegs used to be and the put the barrel assembly back together. Here's the turret now:
Posted Image

The final product:
Posted Image

This gun sucks, don't get it unless you find it for cheap. My ranges were around the 40's untill the cocking slider broke on me. Again, if anyone knows what this gun is called please tell! All it says on the gun is Air zone and Buzz Bee.

Any questions, comments, flames?

#156861 Re-styled Tek 10 Mod

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 24 May 2008 - 10:24 PM in Modifications

I'm doing an integration inside of the Sawtooth. The only reason I got this gun was because it was 3$, don't get this gun if you ever see it though. Mine already broke and I don't really want to fix it because its performance sucks.

Re-styled Tek 10? I'll change the title of the thread.

#162402 Sm5k, The Blue Tiger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 11 July 2008 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

Retiate: Thanks for the compliments! This is the exact same stuff I used. Same package and everything. I got this from Mclendon's Hardware in Kirkland, since you live in WA that's probably near you. The nail as a handle is holding on very well. The putty is like a rock, it's not coming off.

Later today I'm going to try and get some higher quality pictures, since yesterday I've made some changes after range testing last night. I opened up the gun again because everytime I'd open the breech the barrel would move, to fix this I filled the end of the barrel with FBR to keep it nice and straight.
Posted Image

Also, I wanted to be able to open the breech farther so I cut the casing a bit more, now it works much better!
Posted Image

#162414 Sm5k, The Blue Tiger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 11 July 2008 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

10 pumps??? Wow, I've only pumped mine up 5 before and even then it can break glass with a dart tag dart. I can't imagine going that far.

Literally, four pumps from my sm5k is big blast power. I'm amazed that you can safely pump yours up that far. I wonder what the difference is?

Did you do the hot glue on the trigger mod? So it lets all the air out at once?

The OP valve kicks in around 7-8 pumps.

I'm intrigued. Hot glue on the trigger mod? Like a BIC pen mod? Please explain.

#162515 Sm5k, The Blue Tiger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 12 July 2008 - 01:39 PM in Modifications

The hotglue trigger mod is when you put hotglue on the trigger spring, basically making it the same thing as a bic pen mod.

So ya your right.

Edit- Really nice gun BTW. But it seems like loading the dart into the breech would be a little difficult. How far is the plastic from the brass breech. In the pic it looks like it's an inch, so what happens if you miss the breech? Or maybe the pic's decieving....

When relocating the air tank, you get rid of the trigger spring so you can't really do the BIC pen/hot glue mod.

In the begining I only cut the plastic for the breech to go about 1.25 in. so I redid and cut more, as you can see in my latest pictures. Now it will open 1.75 in. My darts being 1.5 in this is a perfect size.

#162554 Sm5k, The Blue Tiger

Posted by ChiliPepperFender on 12 July 2008 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

Knud-Hansen: Thanks, I was actually suprised too, all I need to do is glue it one.

Retitate & Renegademilitia15: I'll try to make it out, but I've got to convince my mom to drive 2-3 hours for a nerf war though. W@MM was my best bet...considering I live up the hill from MaryMoor, but I had 2 baseball games that day so I couldn't make it...Anyway, I'll post in your thread if I can make it or not in a couple of days.