qwertooo's Content

There have been 3 items by qwertooo (Search limited from 30-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#345272 a few newbie questions about Stryfe mods

Posted by qwertooo on 27 February 2015 - 08:53 PM in Modifications

Is there any Canadian here? Where can we get supply like batteries,chargers and maybe even motors online? Hobbyking is charging like 30$ for shipping and couldnt find a half decent canadian store...

#345226 a few newbie questions about Stryfe mods

Posted by qwertooo on 25 February 2015 - 07:56 PM in Modifications

Just like BlasterHacker said, I have been looking around a lot to find those kind of answer!

@Droid, thanks for sharing, unfortunately I dont have anything to cut the shell making the use of 180s impossible. Also, I couldnt see the battery pack since ebay Canada blocked that link.

I have read about the 14500 batteries route but decided to not go there at first since a lot of user were against it. This is why I choose the LiPo way looking at something like this which would fit in the stock battery tray. The only thing is that I do not own any LiPo charger and paying 40$ for a nerf blaster charger seems like a lot(when all I do is shoot at my house and class mates). On the other side, if 14500 are giving similar performance(I am guessing that the current is still lower than LiPo giving a longer recovry time) for a fraction of the cost, maybe they are the way to go.

On the same topic, is there anything to look for in a 14500 bat charger?? there is some on fasttech for like 5$...I am gonna set anything on fire? And is there any difference in quality between ultrafire and trustfire?

For the motors, once the stock ones die, should I look for hyper dash or torqued tuned tamiyas?? Again, very little quantitative conclusion were found xD

And thanks to everyone for the to-the-point answers

#345210 a few newbie questions about Stryfe mods

Posted by qwertooo on 24 February 2015 - 11:57 PM in Modifications

Good day,

I recently bought a Stryfe and after playing with it for a bit I had the idea of trying to make a few change to increase the power/speed/range. I am not looking to take part in any organised game or anything it is just for fun at home, i am also not interested in doing any esthetic mods. After looking on multiple forum including this one I realised that there was a lot of options/ways to mod a nerf gun and it was really hard to fun an optimal way of doing things. I still have a few questions that could I couldnt find answer and any inputs would be appreciated:

1- I added 4xAA batteries just to increase the voltage and noticed a good change in velocity and range and was wondering if changing the wires and changing the battery for a 2s LiPo would increase the velocity or only affect the recovery time?
2- How long(could be as broad as long enough-not long enough) does a 1000mAh LiPo last? Should I look for something bigger?
3- I would like to stick with a 130 size motor since I dont have a dremel and dont really want to cut the shell, is it worth changing the stock motors? I found some stuff about Tamiya's but very few results were presented.
4- I was thinking adding a 5mw laser and I am wondering if this would be of any help or if the accuracy of the blaster isnt good enough to be worth it?

Bottom line, is LiPo worth the cost if I need to buy a charger just for the blaster? Would be performance justify the cost(about 80$ with charger), time spent or is overvolting the stock motor already giving near max performance? Might be important to note that I am not looking to buy any other nerf blaster or modify any small electronics at the moment.

Any suggestion and quantitative result would be appreciated!

p.s. sorry, english isnt my first language and my lack of better words probably made this hard to read and follow through.