mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 13-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#192951 Edge

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 November 2008 - 08:48 AM in Modifications

Hmm thats odd. I have a RSCB AT2K and it gets the same range as a singled one... Well I guess that the darts are in front of the air source here, while the AT2K holds the darts on top. Good job. 50ft is still good when you have a 100ft shooter on the bottom.

#182913 Eliminator Write-up

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 10 October 2008 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

Too bad the plunger is like that of a recon. That sucks, because spring replacements are really hard. I can't suggest much except putting some bands on this, which is possible with the piece of PVC on the back. That might boost the ranges up to maybe 50flat, which would make these awesome for indoor wars.

#203428 Epoxy Putty

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 January 2009 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

I had the same problem. I took the piece that came off, and liquid epoxied it back on. This was 4 months ago, the PAS has seen a war since, no problems whatsoever. I would try that to see, if the wet hands idea doesn't work. Oh and let it sit 24hours before trying to cock the PAS.
EDIT: sorry ,didn't see that you did leave it for 24h.

#181575 Ertl Rapid Fire Shotgun

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 October 2008 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

It looks nice, but what did you need Vaseline for?

I guess he needed it to lube the plunger tube. DO NOT DO THIS! I believe vaseline is petroleum based, which will eat at your rubber plunger head. I would wipe it off, and use silicone lube instead. By the way, this is awesome, I am seriously considering getting one of these again (first attempt failed, but General Cole fixed it up, he currently uses it as a primary I believe)

#218435 Fan Fiction War

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 March 2009 - 01:16 PM in Nerf Wars

This "Fan fiction" Idea is exactly why I didn't bring any friends that like nerf (with the excpetion of my paintball playing cousin) to any wars. They all ask me "Make my Ls a lancer" or "I want my recon to be a Barret .50 cal" they would just make asshats (thanks for the word dumpy) of themselves, thinking they are awesome with their NF "desert eagle".
No, it would just turn into a whole opinion of which gun is better in the movie/game and who would "Pwn" who if they went up against each-other in real life.

Langley: WHen I went to NO, a picture came up of a guy (possibly VACC) holding a mass of duct tape/xbow. Is that the original binky? I think I saw two LnLs on the side, which got me wondering. That is cool.

#181783 Favorite Air/pump/ Gun?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 October 2008 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

Name: At2k
Range: 85ft on average
Accuracy: 8 (nice 7 inch PETG barrels, fit my darts well)
Amout of pumps: 5-6.

I love my AT2k, enough said. I cut off the top half of the shell and removed the whole goo gauge system, but it still works like a charm.

#185684 Favorite Call Of Duty Weapon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 October 2008 - 04:53 PM in Off Topic

AK47.
I also like the Dragunov, and yes, the ever faithful noob tube.
I just started prestige, so I don't have any paintjobs yet.

#188134 Favorite Call Of Duty Weapon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 November 2008 - 08:51 PM in Off Topic

You didn't specify which call of duty soooo.....

Gewher 43 with the x sight (can't remember name)
Stopping Power
Rocket launcher
Extreme conditioning
Sidearm: Walther.

I play the COD World at War Beta, pure awesomeness.

When I played COD4, I used the M14, with an acog. Turned it into a fucking sn i per rifle.

#155716 Favorite Older Computer Game.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 May 2008 - 06:42 PM in Off Topic

IM not that old, so NHL 1999. (hockey)
I played that game every waking second.
I PWNED at it. I started winning like 19-2 on the hardest difficulty.
A little more recent Runsecape and Battlefield 1942

#186540 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 October 2008 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

After attending my first war, I discovered that I hate splitfires. I did aquire a 1st Gen NF, that had oodalump's plunger tube extension, and 9 bands, shoots farther than a maxshot. That is my favorite currently. I also own a 2k turreted SM750, and a SS2. hard to choose.

#180988 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 October 2008 - 06:49 AM in Modifications

I currently don't have one. I do have a splitfire in the mail as of a few days from now, so I guess that.

#181021 Favorite Primary / Main?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 October 2008 - 02:35 PM in Modifications

I am getting a +bow in a few days, so I guess that. Before, it was my xbow, but I traded that. I do have a LS, but I don't love it.
EDIT: I also have a minimized turreted AT2k. I like that thing, though I need to put some new barrels on.

#187558 Favorite Rock/metal/alternative Song

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 November 2008 - 08:55 PM in Off Topic

March Of The Mutes- Unearth
This Glorious Nightmare- Unearth
Laid to Rest- Lamb Of God
I Hate You- Slayer
Raining Blood- Slayer
Symphony Of Destruction- Megadeth
Exhorder- Exhorder
BYOB- System of a Down
Beyond the Black- Metal Church
Nectar- Opeth
Boiled Frogs- Alexisonfire
Runes to my Memory- Amon Amarth
Beast and the Harlot- Avenged Sevenfold
Unholy Confessions- Avenged Sevenfold
Downfall- Children of Bodom
Lake Bodom- Children of Bodom
Bed of Razors- Children of Bodom
Renegade- Hammerfall
Take This Life- In Flames
The Trooper- Iron Maiden
Aces High- Iron Maiden
My Curse- Killswitch Engage
Master of Puppets- Metallica
Enter Sandman- Metallica
Sad But True- Metallica
Dont Wanna stop- Ozzy Osbourne
Back to the Primitive- Soulfly

Those are maybe 1/6th of my favorites......
I mostly listen to metal.

Boss18- Papa Roach? Don't even get me started......

#187640 Favorite Rock/metal/alternative Song

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 November 2008 - 07:34 AM in Off Topic

Here's a few.
Fallen Leaves- Billy Talent
Jambi- Tool
Polyamorous- Breaking Benjamin
Schism- Tool
Stricken- Disturbed
Welcome Home- Coheed and Cambria

Yes!!! Fallen leaves is an AMAZING song. I guess Im kinda biased, becuase I live in Billy Talent's hometown, but they are a great band. They used to be my favorite before I got into metal. Im going to download some of the stuff I see here. List looks great so far.

#188094 Favorite Rock/metal/alternative Song

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 November 2008 - 05:39 PM in Off Topic

I like Alternative, because it's you know....alternative.

Seriously fuck alternative, and the only metal I've ever liked is naked city, and ambient black metal (Jesu, Burzum, etc.). A lot of mainstream metal is some of the most horribly boring stuff. ever. Don't get me started on Guitar world heads.

But good rock songs?

I'm really into Jay Reatard at the moment. He's a machine when it comes to creating new material, really good garage punk with solid pop influences. I'm also really digging Deerhunter's weird era cont (an album, I know it said song). If I had to pick a song probably Jay Reatard's Nightmares at the moment.

Holy shit... Burzum.... They are one of the most hardcore bands I have EVER lent an ear to. Didn't one of their members blow his head off with a shotgun, and the other members use fragments of his skull to make necklaces that they wore on stage?

Anyway, I have another addition:

This is the song FA_24 used in his longshot vid: Black Hearts Now Reign
Quite a good song.

EDIT: Another amazing song: Zombie Autopilot

#156718 Favorite Video Game Weapon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 May 2008 - 02:44 PM in Off Topic

P90 or Barett 50 cal from COD4, or the Spartan Laser from Halo3
EDIT: DEAGLE!!!

#150127 Filler

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 April 2008 - 08:04 PM in Modifications

For that, I would try bondo, or that foam stuff, or if you are going for looks and paintability, try amazing plumber's goop. It will work charms on your LS. By the way, if you want to stay here and not get banned by an admin, I would stop using "U" instead of you, as we don't do that here, and start capitalizing after periods and grammar stuff like that.

EDIT Just realized ompa beat me to the bondo and foam.
Sorry

#156463 Firefly Modification.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 May 2008 - 07:42 AM in Modifications

Im going to do this as soon as I get my FF. I think that I will add a NF spring, or a SS2 spring, if nerfer75 doesn't buy it from me. Is that silicone stuff glue? I couldn't tell by looking at the picture.

#224730 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 April 2009 - 12:07 PM in General Nerf

That was great! I put the thing on my Ipod and listened to it during double math. It really helped it go by, now I don't have to go through another double math period for 2 weeks :lol:. There were some really funny moments. I particularily liked the Youtube comments. Crumpit?

EDIT: Thanks Cranky. I get those confused all the time.

EDIT#2: I think a good idea for the next one is to minimize gun fiddling/firing during the podcast. It made it a little hard to hear/concentrate on what was being said sometimes. Sounded like someone was dry-firing a crossbow at one point: I cringed.

#236416 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2009 - 11:47 AM in General Nerf

I agree that that was the best one: Talio, you are hillarious. I really want to hear the uncut version with all of your cursing.
Brit: Hillarious too. You saying bumconkers on the podcast just made my day. It's really cool to see how nerfing differs from continent to continent.
Ice: Im the guy up in canada with the crossbow that is pretty much cut in half....

#223625 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 April 2009 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

I would be interested in contributing. I am 16. My dad works in radio, he could help with my recording and sound editing and stuff. I won't be available to contribute until the summer, but I am intersted to see how this unfolds.

#152988 For Those That Think I Seem "mean"

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 April 2008 - 08:24 PM in Off Topic

I think your sarcasm detector is broken. Or you know each other in ways I don't want to contemplate.

Oh god no. He was the weird guy who tried to sell me dildos on NHQ, that I was citing as an example of why we need strict admins.

#152968 For Those That Think I Seem "mean"

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 April 2008 - 06:39 PM in Off Topic

admins to keep the place free of idiots, like they have over at nhq. Some guy tried to sell me multiple sex toys there, and he didn't get banned as far as I know. It is great that CS is standing up for what we value here. Thanks a lot, man.

Ahh yes, well are you interested in those dildos? I still have a backpack full of them.

Nope squiggs, im not. CaptainSlug and the other admins are around to keep perverted trash like you out.

#152925 For Those That Think I Seem "mean"

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 April 2008 - 03:04 PM in Off Topic

It's great to see someone who really cares about what happens around here. I love this place. I mean, it is safe, everyone (almost) is honest with each other about trading, and there are the admins, who help keep the place in order and weed out unsavory characters. It is good that we have some slightly strict ( I wouldn't go as far to say that they are mean) admins to keep the place free of idiots, like they have over at nhq. Some guy tried to sell me multiple sex toys there, and he didn't get banned as far as I know. It is great that CS is standing up for what we value here. Thanks a lot, man.

#153107 For Those That Think I Seem "mean"

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 April 2008 - 02:45 PM in Off Topic

Fa24, that made no sense but I chuckled anyways.

Ugh, look at it like this.

#1 Vibe rated like the Pontiac Vibe commercials (Makes you feel good when riding it)

#2 Vibe rated sounds very similar to Vibrated.

#3 Cant remember

#4 Cant remember.

The top two are enough for me to see moronic brilliance in the phrase.

Must have been some good pot. :D

Wait, thats legal in Canada?

Wow you ignorant americans. No, pot is not legal in canada, though that doesn't stop almost everyone in my school doing it at lunch. The only weed legal here is medicinal, and you have to be really fucked to qualify for that.

#153210 For Those That Think I Seem "mean"

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 April 2008 - 08:06 AM in Off Topic

Sorry for ticking you americans off. See, up here, we don't think too much of you guys, as we see you, often very wrongly as people who think of us as eskimos who play hockey 24/7 and live in igloos and have strict gun control laws. I just found it a little amusing that someone actually thought pot was legal here. We are an advanced society, and just as good as you americans. I just felt like there was a bit of that primeval eskimo stereotype going on. ON topic now, Captainslug, you are the reason my LS was saved. Thanks for showing me that clip shaving techique.

#204523 Fotoshop.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 January 2009 - 06:55 PM in Off Topic

Hellz yeah.
[img]k9's photo[/immg]

That's my school grad photo after editing

Why do you look like VACC? I think your Mother may know...

Anyhoo, I don't use photoshop because it costs something like $230.

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole! (part about vacc) K9, I just realized that I have never seen you without snowboard goggles on...

#158396 Frappr...let's Revive It

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 June 2008 - 08:35 AM in Nerf Wars

Im on.

#233980 Full Crossbow Modification

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 June 2009 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

Beautiful, just beautiful. You really inspire me to get off my lazy ass and finish mine. It's about half sanded down, with holes all over it from a failed hornet integration. Sigh.....
I like the way you replaced the plunger tube. I can see the Guru MKIII influence. CPVC will help your ranges quite a bit. I had PETG, mine got like 90ft with the plunger tube replaced, and I switched to CPVC, it got about 15ft more.
Is there a lot or any plunger handle bendage with the bungees?

#194399 Funny Youtube Video

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 December 2008 - 06:36 PM in Off Topic

Was he trying to shoot the deer with an RPG? That certainly was some class of explosive....

#159348 Gears Of War 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 June 2008 - 12:23 PM in Off Topic

Dude, this is months old, don't post in topics this old.

#133901 General Longshot Mod Questions

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2007 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

I have no clue if this will help but if you use stock darts try fillin in the hole in the tip with a tiny bit of glue. this should help the accuracy issue. If you put too much though, they will be offweight.

#159006 German Nerf Commercial

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 June 2008 - 07:08 PM in Off Topic

Yea verry funny. It lead me to the angry german kid playing counterstrike. You know, the vid where his computer messes up and he flips out and starts slamming his keyboard on his desk while screaming shit in german. I was wondering about the longshot to. It does look like it has a CS style clip, and a barrel replacement.

#158972 Getting Ready To Paint My Recon And Longshot

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 June 2008 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

I used car paint to paint my LS, it worked very well. I don't have it anymore or less I would post a pic, but trust me, car paint works well, but put down some primer too.

#184342 Girl Code.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 October 2008 - 05:55 PM in Off Topic

Well... I'm 13. =P

If you want a good pick up line for these girls who you think like you,
"Do you have a mirror in your pocket? Because I can see myself in your pants"
Works really well.
Anyway, hugging wise, happens all the time, I asked one out, she said no, so I guess they just like you in a friendly sort of way.

Creepy: 666th post. I gotta go listen to slayer...

#198969 Good Indoor Stock Primarys And Secondarys?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2008 - 01:14 PM in General Nerf

DTBs suck. End of story. I have had 4, none have EVER broken 40ft with EXTENSIVE modification. Out of the box, I was getting 15-20ft. A LS has slightly less ROF, but much better range. I would choose a LS over a DTB/hyperfire anyday.

#198874 Good Indoor Stock Primarys And Secondarys?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 December 2008 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

I would go with the vulcan. You can get 50ft flat with it, with enough mods. IF you just want 30 ft flat, remove the AR and hook up an RC battery to it, you have a fucking nerf MG42. If you don't like that, just remove the ARS from a LS, and use that, that will get you somewhere in the area of 30ft.

#168424 Good Primaries

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 August 2008 - 12:53 PM in General Nerf

I agree with the big blast lovers, though I dearly love my crossbow. If you are looking for a bit more ROF, I would reccomend the Supermaxx 1500. It is discontinued, and only available through this site, NHQ, or ebay.
It has a good ROF, and gets about 90ft. I used to use one, but it is now integrated into my crossbow.

#198043 Goodwill Finds

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 December 2008 - 02:56 PM in Off Topic

I went today, I found one of those dremel EZ change disc sets. I had been wanting one for ever, but couldn't justify the 15$ they cost at home depot. I got it, and two discs, for 25 cents! I also found an old super soaker xp 150, which I heard gets SM5K ranges when modified to shoot micros.

#197702 Goodwill Finds

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 December 2008 - 10:40 AM in Off Topic

I believe a flesh light is a dildo with a flashlight built into the end of it. I may be wrong, I have definitely heard the term before.

On topic: I got a LOTR DVD set (all 3 movies) for 5.99, a Pistol Splat for 1.99, and a LS scope for 0.99.
That is all I have EVER found at goodwill that wasn't complete junk.