NerfMonkey's Content

There have been 1000 items by NerfMonkey (Search limited from 13-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#47850 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 February 2005 - 04:02 PM in Off Topic

I would reccomend The Natural to anyone. It is about baseball. If you like baseball, you will LOVE it. I don't like baseball, and it is still one of my top five favorite movies ever. It's from the 80s, I don't know the exact date, though. Excellent movie.

#70686 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 January 2006 - 03:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Me and Sunchip will be there Saturday all day.

#70042 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 December 2005 - 02:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not sure about Sunchip and me Nerfing both days, we're good for that Saturday, but I'm pretty sure this is the plan:

1) Either one or both of my parents drive me Friday afternoon around four or four-thirty to Sunchip's.

2) We pick up Sunchip and we drive merrily down to the [insert hotel name here] within twenty miles of the war site.

3) We get up Saturday morning and drive to the actual war, getting there easily by the time it starts.

4) We Nerf however long we can that Saturday.

5) We leave at whatever time and *hopefully* get back before 1:00 AM Sunday to my house, Sunchip will probably get home about an hour, hour and a half earlier than me, putting him there at 11:00 to 12:00.

So yeah, me and Chip are only good for Saturday, I don't think any of our parents would be cool with us getting home at like midnight or early morning on Monday, plus that would just freakin' suck.

#69692 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 December 2005 - 09:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Actually, I meant along the lines of rules and such, since I'm not very experienced, not faggotry - I'm a pretty quiet kid.

And actually, I use megas as well, but I shouldn't have any problems with my 2ks; they haven't failed me yet. I think I've heard about the stare down, something about staring at your eyes and you starting to laugh? :P

I'll be there, you can count on me whooping you all.

EDIT: Sweet, I'm counting on you being there sniperdude, and if you're not, I'll beat you with a metal pole.

#70808 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 January 2006 - 06:28 PM in Nerf Wars

That's too bad. Hopefully I'll meet you at the next MD war Talio.
If it's definitely at the Gauntlet, I've got Mapquested directions and am ready to go.
Just have to make...two hundred Stefans. Yeah.

#49115 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 March 2005 - 03:54 PM in General Nerf

Being 13 is fine, I just think school sucks. It's probably a pretty damn good deal, but I haven't been around long enouth to recognize it. I just think it's annoying to see all these people being cool and not even realizing that the moment they step out of their senior year of high school, no one's going to give a sh t. And I also feel sad about all the people who probably aren't even going to make it through high school. Being a "geek" is fine with me, I've got some good friends who are always going to far better people than all the one-dimensional, no-personality-just-money people. And those are the people I used to be friends with in 5th grade, before we all got put into our "groups" of cool and uncool.

EDIT: Whoops, no one comment on this, sorry Talio, didn't notice your post.

#49077 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by NerfMonkey on 08 March 2005 - 11:00 PM in General Nerf

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, but in a topic about age, what do you expect? Well, thanks VoLT. Sorry, everybody for veering so off topic, but the thread was bound to go straight to hell from the beginning.

#48401 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 March 2005 - 09:34 PM in General Nerf

Thirteen years, four months and twenty-five days, one hour and twenty-five minutes. :P

#49066 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by NerfMonkey on 08 March 2005 - 09:41 PM in General Nerf

I of course don't have a girlfriend, since I am only 13. This is because I am, by almost anyone's standards, a geek. You might think, "Well, as long as you are a nice, good person, people will like you for who you are." Well, this may be true for someone who is in high school or their twenties, but the problem is, people in 7th grade are SO DAMN SHALLOW. Besides, the most people do when "going out" at this age is walk to the Friendly's restaurant down the street from school. I believe if people are mature enough, they can have a steady relationship in high school, or sometimes even 8th grade. But, until then, people will still pretend to date. I do not feel the need to have a girlfriend, because judging by the way most 7th grade "relationships" go, it wouldn't be worth it. Chatting online and getting $5.00 chicken fingers at the neighborhood eatery just doesn't appeal to me. When I tell people this, they just call me weird, but I don't care. To quote Paul McCartney, "I used to think the people doing weird things were weird, but now I realize the people who call them weird are the real weirdos."

#184776 Fall Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 October 2008 - 06:33 PM in Nerf Wars

This isn't California. In Ohio we don't make videos, we nerf.

(still not going by the way)

#178132 Fall Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 September 2008 - 05:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Not going. Have fun.

#84698 Longshot Is Even Cooler

Posted by NerfMonkey on 10 July 2006 - 09:53 PM in General Nerf

That's pretty sleek-looking. It looks way too cumbersome for my liking, but since it is the Longest Nerf Blaster Ever, I guess that's to be expected.

Thanks for posting this for those of us that don't check NHQ.

EDIT: Vyperaeon, Hasbro doesn't measure their ranges flat. It's at a slight angle and some height off the ground. I forget exactly but it's definitely not flat.

#49734 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 March 2005 - 09:30 PM in Homemades

I could get 200 PSI PVC at Home Depot or Lowe's for like $2.38 for five feet. Pretty good deal, if you ask me. Bolt, the biggest war I've ever been to was less that eight people, but you're right, that's not that big when you compare it to wars like YANO, Armageddon and SENO.

#48588 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 March 2005 - 04:20 PM in Homemades

Holy hell. That looks like a great gun to show to non-believers. Good work, boltsniper. No, I take that back. INCREDIBLE. That is on the same level as ompa's Halo Shotgun in awesomeness.

#48716 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by NerfMonkey on 04 March 2005 - 10:46 PM in Homemades

Can't wait to see it, sounds great!

#49569 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 March 2005 - 10:48 PM in Homemades

Awesome bolt. Were there any other homemades in play or all actual Nerfs? That sounds sweet. I haven't been to a big war in so long...

#84840 Longshot Is Even Cooler

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 July 2006 - 02:40 AM in General Nerf

Did anybody else notice in the other pics on NHQ that the plunger stroke looks to only be about 3 or 4"? That's not from looking at the movement of the bolt, I looked at an internal picture and the distance from the back of the plunger tube to the catch mech doesn't look to be very far.

The plunger reminds me of that of a Maxshot. I've got just the spring for this gun.

Carrtoon: 100'? Maybe singled but that would be pointless. With the clip system intact, I'm thinking maybe 70', optimistically. Barrel mod to the clips, possible spring replacement, this is all speculation of course but with a plunger stroke of that distance, and with a somewhat shitty seal with the clips, it would suck. But with a new spring and clip mod, that range seems possible to me.

But, that trigger worries me; it's so long it looks like it might snap or bend with a spring replacement or maybe even just with repeated use. I don't know but it bothers me how long and thin that rod on the trigger is...

Thanks for posting the pictures here guys!

#64598 Your Armory

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 September 2005 - 05:06 PM in General Nerf

Sorry, I'm a retard. I meant bottom left. Sorry about that.

#83746 Your Armory

Posted by NerfMonkey on 24 June 2006 - 03:49 PM in General Nerf

Stop reprimanding newbs for crappy grammar or posting in old threads. Leave it to the people whose jobs it is to yell at people. You're getting on my nerves.

#64594 Your Armory

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 September 2005 - 04:51 PM in General Nerf

Ren, what is that odd looking gun in your pictures, bottom right in the first pic that has a reddish barrel that looks like it's from a ballgun and has a neato handle and AK-47 magazine...thing?

#54882 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 May 2005 - 08:29 PM in General Nerf

Robonerfer, that is one of the coolest looking guns I've ever seen. Have you battle tested it yet? I like the "choppy" look of it, actually. Makes it look more deadly, like it's a mutated monster or something. Nice.

#51402 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by NerfMonkey on 02 April 2005 - 07:08 PM in General Nerf

BMZ, that Rapid Fire 20 is so awesome. How did you make the turret rounded like that, just wrap tape around the barrels and paint it silver? Oh man, that's so sweet. I'll post a picture of my NF as soon as I get the digicam. Keep up the good work, everybody! :D

#84409 Apoc 2006

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 July 2006 - 09:36 PM in Nerf Wars

UNCERTAIN

UNCERTAIN

My clan is 17-18, is that too young [I know most participants are in college]? We may be young by your standards, but take our wars very seriously. We're the type that will crawl through thornbushes to get in an ambush position or jump down a steep hill to avoid being hit.

I don't think most of the people going are that serious about it, dude. We're all aiming to have fun. I'm only 14, there is no age requirement. It's Nerf. Try not to take it too seriously. I have no idea what kind of Nerfing you're used to but I assume almost all major Nerf wars will be a lot more laid-back than you're thinking.

As for me, I still don't have anything planned up to then, as far as I know; now it's just a matter of convincing my parents to let me go. I wish I could drive.

#84350 Apoc 2006

Posted by NerfMonkey on 04 July 2006 - 08:11 PM in Nerf Wars

UNCERTAIN

30-50 seems like kind of a small supply to me, but I tend to go through ammo fairly quickly. I'm sure the pros don't need that many darts. :lol:

And I know I'm not the host of this war, but a little advice on Stefans: mark them with some symbol or your initials, anything unique. I put little black Sharpie dots on the backs of mine.

To Mantis: I'm not sure if I can come I was only saying that if I do it will mean a 6 or 7 hour drive, probably closer to 7.

#85599 Apoc 2006

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 July 2006 - 11:18 PM in Nerf Wars

UNCERTAIN

Sheeit, I just got back from vacation and finally had time to check the actual driving time, it looks like it's going to be over 7 hours. I really doubt I can make it; though my status is still uncertain there's probably little chance I can get there.

I was looking forward to it too.

#131181 What Do You Want For Xmas '07?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 December 2007 - 10:56 PM in Off Topic

I guess it must be to help keep Xmas as Corpratalism Day/Season...

When was the first/last time you saw a gift labeled "From: Jesus?"

Actually, "Xmas" started out to be the birthday celebration of Jesus, and since He was a gift to us, we started giving gifts to each other as a tradition. That, like other Christian traditions, is being smothered with secular stuff. Slowly they try to change Christmas to something not so religious. Like stupid stores that sell, "holiday trees" [wonder what holiday that is?] and "family trees" [I guess if your orphaned you can't buy one] And then they went slaphappy with the "happy holidays".

It's just a big movement to put Christianity out of America, and put in evolutionary/life is a party beliefs.

I wish they would do something similar to Islam.

If you feel offended over this and want to argue with me, please PM me rather than letting us fuck up this thread, but that was the single stupidest thing I've ever heard from anyone. Ever. I think the whole political correctness thing is going a bit too far, but nobody that I know of wants to put Christianity out of America, it's just because people are super sensitive these days and nobody wants to offend non-Christians.

You have a problem with people trying to "put Christianity out of America," but you wish the same thing to happen to other religions? Way to go, people like you give Christianity a bad name.

#83486 Apoc 2006

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 June 2006 - 04:52 PM in Nerf Wars

UNCERTAIN

As far as I know there is nothing planned involving me the 5th or 6th. However, this is a long way away (distance-wise), and I'm not sure how it will go.

Saturdays are always better for me, marching band practice starts later than I thought but only the 7th or 8th, so two or three days would be better for me to un-sore my legs than one or two.

#84232 Apoc 2006

Posted by NerfMonkey on 02 July 2006 - 10:43 PM in Nerf Wars

UNCERTAIN

I need directions, or just like the address so I can Mapquest it; if it has an address that is.

Pat, don't be too worried about what guns you bring. I used a Powerclip a while ago against some longer range guns and I was fine. But, like [I forget who it was] said, bring pistols for sure as there are almost always pistol wars.

I don't have any clue what to expect at Mill Creek, assuming I can make it out there. It's a good six or seven hours there, afterall.

Shindig, the Archive site still works for finding old sites like the LCM site. I haven't tried it so I can't tell you how much of its content was preserved but I'd assume at least a few pictures are still there. I'll check.

Cross your fingers that I can make it...or don't. This will be my only war for probably the rest of '06 assuming that we don't luck out and get 60 degree weather in the middle of winter for another DCNO.

EDIT: http://web.archive.o.../pictures1.html

There are some pictures that still work, I went and clicked a bunch of links and some worked.

#72788 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by NerfMonkey on 10 February 2006 - 04:34 PM in General Nerf

I'm not setting my hopes too high as for ranges, but a clip-fed springer sounds ultra-sexy. At least I assume it will be a springer if it's compatible with the CF and DTBs. Of course I'm talking about the Longshot, no confusion.

A working scope and bipod? What the hell? That doesn't sound...Nerfish to me, they wouldn't have done this a year ago. It's probably just a gimmicky thing to jack up the price $10 but oh well, I'll still buy it if it's clip-fed and spring-powered. Sounds nice.

As for the Magstrike, I can't wait for that. It sounds to me exactly like a PC re-released with extra clips. Maybe Hasbro is listening to people who want stuff like this.

I'm really excited about this stuff. Thanks SofaKing, I never would've found that if you hadn't posted it.

Oh, and there are no pictures, I checked the actual article out. Maybe in a month.

#72920 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 February 2006 - 12:33 PM in General Nerf

I don't get how anyone could not like this, waiting and speculating on new guns. I love reading what others think they will be like and being so excited to see the pictures. It's almost more fun waiting for the guns than it is using them!

I just don't get why Nerf is changing so much...stocks, scopes, bipods...it looks like they're targeting people between 13 and 16 or around there. Like others have probably said, I don't think a scope and bipod mean good stock range, they could, but I really doubt it.

I'm content with my current arsenal but I'll still buy one of each of these new guns just to check them out; they sound so awesome I can hardly wait.

#64177 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 September 2005 - 03:01 PM in General Nerf

Nerfer, single-shots are impractical for some, others not. I used dual NFs for a while, and I'm now modding my second newest one because I loved them. I've only got about three people to play with, and I owned them with NFs. They're single-shots, are they not? Don't say something about a gun's practicality if you've never even seen one in real life.

Yes, they are actually, single-shot; I just have two of them. I assumed when you made your comment about an XBow being impractical that you were including a sidearm like an NF as well, but I guess not. Your argument is still bullshit and you've lost.

Believe it or not, there are people out there that can ACTUALLY HIT SOMEONE. Not everyone needs six shots. Again, your argument is still bullshit.

#64223 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 September 2005 - 08:08 PM in General Nerf

This is my final post in this thread because I'm probably starting to get on people's nerves. But I could not leave this alone. SG Pilot, I'm letting him have his opinion, just also stating my own and giving facts to support it.

I hate, absolutely hate, when people give a dictionary definition of loser, because you DO NOT eat shit in Nerf. Even if you could, it would be a totally different definition and that one would not apply in the slightest bit. I know what a loser is, and there aren't Nerf losers.

Nerfer, again, it's possible to miss and get rushed and killed, but you know what? IT'S NERF. You're not actually going to die. I've recently switched to using mostly single-shots and to tell the truth, I don't care about winning or losing. As I said on NHQ, if I get shot, at least I had fun charging someone if only for the fun of shooting at them. I don't care at all about the outcome, but I'd rather walk out in the open and shoot than use multiple shots and have victory ensured; I just like the feel of NFs and I'm pretty damn good with them for someone with my low level of experience. People seem to get too competitive in wars; I admit, I've let the yearning for a win overcome me at times, but I recently realized something: it's a game. A game, nothing more. It's for fun, and I think it's more fun to shoot at someone with a pistol, miss and then run like hell and probably get shot than know I'm going to win. It's not about winning, it's about fun, and I like pistols more than anything else, so I use them, and they work for me. That's all there is to it.

#63321 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 08 September 2005 - 03:15 PM in General Nerf

For long-range shots (not going to use the "S" word because I hate it), I'd just go with a 2k...cheap, effective, reliable and very easy to mod. I think you already have one though, correct? You could single it for crazy range or just keep it quadded with CPVC or brass or something and still get the range and accuracy for any war.

Or you could be a fag and go with a Titan. :rolleyes:

#52864 Good News, Bad News

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 April 2005 - 03:18 PM in General Nerf

Wow. A BBB rerelease would be awesome. I'd rather see a PC, but still, I've never gotten my hands on a really great classic gun. Thanks for the update.

#56499 Political Discussion

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 June 2005 - 10:10 PM in Off Topic

Matt, I'm not going to insult you, but...was it really necessary to reopen a topic that's been dead for four days to insult someone for a joke? I don't think that he meant to offend anyone by it, it was a little joke that you shouldn't have flipped out over and insulted him for. Good job.

#49496 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 March 2005 - 10:27 AM in General Nerf

But modding a cruddy gun is just as fun as shooting someone with it. Some people don't mod just because they have to, but also because they want to. You don't need to have a Titan that gets 200 and some feet, but you mod it for fun.

Could you make more guns that shoot more than one type of ammo (ex. Triple Torch, Crossbow)?

Could you make more eight to ten dollar guns with high mod potential (ex. Nite Finder, AT2K)?

#56170 Political Discussion

Posted by NerfMonkey on 31 May 2005 - 06:57 PM in Off Topic

Sqiggs, I believe the topic shifted a few pages ago to the issue of gun control, and although I have nothing to say on the matter, I don't think it really has anything to do with Bush/Kerry at all.

That is a pretty funny picture, though.

#105859 Whats Your Favorite Fast Food Places?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 May 2007 - 02:36 PM in Off Topic

Basically CH, what it comes down to is that you're a douche with no life. If you were actually the grown-up you claim to be you wouldn't resort to name-calling and "your mom" insults when you have no reason to do it anyway. If you don't like the way the admins do their jobs, kindly fuck off.

#105635 Whats Your Favorite Fast Food Places?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 May 2007 - 09:49 AM in Off Topic

As I would say. Shut up N-Strike.

As I would say, what the hell is wrong with you?

I wish you'd both shut the fuck up. Nobody gives a shit if you're BFFs (or in your case, probably just BFs), so knock it off. You're pissing me and everyone else here off. Keep your little bitch-slapping fights off the forums.

Sorry OMC, I needed to say that.

#56507 Political Discussion

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 June 2005 - 11:19 PM in Off Topic

No harm done, sorry.