NerfMonkey's Content

There have been 1000 items by NerfMonkey (Search limited from 13-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#146903 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 March 2008 - 05:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Not to be a dick but couldn't you guys do trades through PMs?

I'll have an extra NF with me in case anyone needs to use it. It's an EX3 so I'm not going to use it.

#147285 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 March 2008 - 03:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't go by the previous thread, go by the one we're currently using. It's not hard, check the first post of this thread for all the information you need.

I'll be there at like 9:30 playing my DS.

#147295 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 March 2008 - 04:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, the problem with that plan is that there's also a Nerf war planned for that same day, at 10, in that same location. So I'm not sure if that's gonna work out dude.

#147398 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 March 2008 - 09:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Shut up and stop posting this here. Continue your argument over PMs, and do not fuck up this war with your bickering.

#146052 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 March 2008 - 10:11 PM in Nerf Wars

I still have a bunch of darts from the list Dayton war.

Do we have any times?

-Start time should be 10, so we'll probably start at 10:30;
-Set lunch breaks are gay so I think we'll all just eat when we start getting hungry;
-Stop when everyone gets tired.

Boisie, I still have enough foam left to make another 50-70 darts so if you need some you're welcome to them, but my foam's thick and my darts are only of semi-decent quality.

#145966 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 March 2008 - 02:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Diablow, I'll be driving part of the trip. Bitch.

I assume we're not cancelling this because of rain. Fuck that.

#144736 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 March 2008 - 04:43 PM in Nerf Wars

My mother has banned me from getting a ride with anyone but my father. And he'll be getting out of that two days before, so it looks like I'm not heading down, unless my dad actually takes me.

Kick your mother in the shins until she lets you go with Diablo.

I have around 200 darts, I'm ready to go.

#145291 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 March 2008 - 09:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Did I read that we could have a cookout? I didn't know of a cookout!

Almanac say: March 29 is stormy.

I don't believe it. We chose a day that is supposedly stormy. Hopefully the rain is going to hold back like last time...

Suck it up. Real men don't let a little rain get between them and their plastic guns.

It's going to be really nice to meet the makers of Ohio nerfing at SONO.

Am I included in that list? And why must we have such lame abbreviations?

I look forward to seeing you all kicking your asses in 14 days.

#145827 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 March 2008 - 03:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Anyone pussing out? Anyone else planning on coming?

Whoever was going to bring a virgin: any updates on that?

#147475 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 March 2008 - 11:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Leaving in 40 minutes. (I realize it's not until tomorrow.)

With my DS.

#148200 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 30 March 2008 - 06:48 PM in Nerf Wars

So what happened to Diablo?

I shot some bitches and got to meet some cool people. That location was awesome.

I only have one welt on the inside of my right leg. I'm sunburnt and everything from the bottoms of my feet to my kidneys is sore. My cats are pissed at me for leaving them for two days. It was a good weekend.

#232969 Dcno Spring 2009

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 May 2009 - 10:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Right now the forecast's partly cloudy and 80 degrees for Saturday.

I've got my darts made and am pretty much ready to go. See everyone there.

#233246 Dcno Spring 2009

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 May 2009 - 02:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Leaving in 15 minutes, see everyone tomorrow.

#233526 Dcno Spring 2009

Posted by NerfMonkey on 30 May 2009 - 10:38 PM in Nerf Wars

It was great minus those fuckers taking up the field all day. Who uses a soccer field to play soccer? And people also need to start counting back in out loud so they don't get shot accidentally and then cry about it.

I sort of enjoyed the pistols rounds inside the Labyrinth but it was definitely more fun using regular guns once we got access to the whole place. The pistol rounds in the pavilion-type area with the fence running through the middle were awesome though.

Phil's Arrowstorm wasn't as shitty as you think Hersh. It didn't have the range of the other guns but when he was shooting at us from 30' away it would have been stupid not to run away, or at least back up. Even a quad 2k can't shoot as fast as that thing.

It was nice nerfing with some people I'd never met before. The only ones whose names I remember are Jaxxon, Split and Dizzy but all of the people that had never been to a war did well. Great to see the rest of you too. I've got a welt on my chest from Jaxxon's Crossbow.

I'll be checking myself for ticks and the rest of you should do the same, especially if you were in tall grass a lot.

Dean and Dave, you guys definitely should not have left early to go to that circumcision.

#228292 Dcno Spring 2009

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 May 2009 - 03:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Jesus Christ, this is shaping up to be an amazing war. I hope all you NJ guys can make it.

#220570 Dcno Spring 2009

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 March 2009 - 08:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Definite.

#150581 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 April 2008 - 06:11 PM in Nerf Wars

The war's kinda been over for 2 weeks so I don't really see a need to post about it. That's why I haven't.

#218352 Dcno Spring 2009

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 March 2009 - 08:48 PM in Nerf Wars

It's about time.

No real preference on the date. I'd prefer if it was after I'm out of school but I'll be busy checking out colleges in June so late May would probably be better for me too. The 30th would be better than the 23rd since Memorial Day is on the 25th and I'll be marching in a parade that day but that's not a huge deal.

#219980 Dcno Spring 2009

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 March 2009 - 05:58 PM in Nerf Wars

There's nothing happening that weekend so I'll be there unless something comes up.

#144377 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 08 March 2008 - 08:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Bpso86 and I were referring to the snow that we got in the past few days. Weather.com tells me for the next ten days it's going to be 40+ degrees in Dayton and this should be the last snow storm of the winter.

#144319 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 08 March 2008 - 02:33 PM in Nerf Wars

See first post for up-to-date headcount

#143263 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 February 2008 - 11:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Anybody else feel like posting here so we can get an accurate headcount? I know there were more people than this that posted in the planning thread.

#143114 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 February 2008 - 10:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I lied. I'm pretty sure I will be able to go now and maybe also make the Columbus one. I'll be bringing quite a load of guns so if anybody needs a loaner or is interested in buying something it's no problem.

30 days.

#143393 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 March 2008 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm usually fine with 100 but if you take a lot of shots make 200. I usually find about half of my darts I started with and we will probably have dart pickups at least once or twice, so you should be fine with 150 or so.

#143403 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 March 2008 - 11:50 PM in Nerf Wars

You're lucky then; I've yet to start making any or fixing up my guns.

Just to make this post meaningful...

penis.

#144161 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 06 March 2008 - 09:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I might bring a DV camera but that could mean sitting out a round, and I'm not going to do that. If anybody else feels like taping it for a while I'll bring one.

Who else is planning on coming? We (I, since I'm traveling 4 hours) seriously need you to post so we can get a headcount. I know a lot more than this posted in the planning thread so speak up guys.

#143680 Spring Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 March 2008 - 06:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I think saying someone even at the age of 10 has virgin ears is a tad naïve, don't you?

I'll try to keep my vulgarity level to a minimum anyway.

#130630 Ohio War Planning

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 November 2007 - 12:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Pretty much any day after Christmas works for me. I don't know when my break starts but I will be in PA on the 23rd.

I'm game for another war. What city were you thinking?

#130640 Ohio War Planning

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 November 2007 - 02:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Weekends in December:
22/23
29/30

Weekends in January:
5/6

I assume we'll want to do it on a weekend for people that have to work but if a weekday works that would leave more options open.

#130711 Ohio War Planning

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 November 2007 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Fuck.

I've got a lot of shit going on all through that month. The 28th might work for me, I don't know yet. My brother and his girlfriend are moving to VA and want to be all settled in by the 28th, so my mom will probably not be here. I might still be able to get a ride.

I should have a driver's license by now (not that it would matter because I wouldn't be able to drive that far alone), but I am a lazy bastard.

#130836 Ohio War Planning

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 November 2007 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not too into the golf course idea. Might be too big, and there wouldn't be a whole lot of cover. I could probably do 3 hours to Columbus (I will probably be driving part of the way) so that would probably work, I'd just prefer a nice park-type area.

Whetstone could probably work but rose bushes + legs = pain. I'm not sure about the sports park, what does it look like? I tried Google imaging it but all I got was pictures of buildings and shit.

I'd be content with a location like the place we played at in June with the field with the big bush in it.

#130954 Ohio War Planning

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 November 2007 - 07:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Once again I have been screwed out of going.

I will be 8 hours from here until at least the 29th, and probably the 30th also. I'm not sure what's going on but really doubt I have any chance of going.

No other Saturdays work anyway because I have speech tournaments.

#94489 Holiday Raffle

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 November 2006 - 03:23 PM in General Nerf

Ah, what the hell?

#69109 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 December 2005 - 05:06 PM in Nerf Wars

EDIT: Sorry to hear that Cranky, I'm cool with any time as long as I finally get to Nerf with you guys.

#68842 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by NerfMonkey on 06 December 2005 - 04:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Earlier is better for me. I have no preference now if it's a Saturday or Sunday, just as long as it's within about five weeks. Anything later and my chances of going are low.

#69685 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 December 2005 - 06:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry guys, I'm...

...Going to make it! This is my first major war so if I display any improper etiquette, please just tell me (if there is any). Finally, an opportunity to show my skills.

If anyone needs eye protection, I'll be bringing a bit extra, but be warned; they're dorky safety glasses I use while Dremeling.

#70808 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 January 2006 - 06:28 PM in Nerf Wars

That's too bad. Hopefully I'll meet you at the next MD war Talio.
If it's definitely at the Gauntlet, I've got Mapquested directions and am ready to go.
Just have to make...two hundred Stefans. Yeah.

#68818 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 December 2005 - 07:07 PM in Nerf Wars

January 28th is OUT for me. Any other date is fine, but the 28th is a definite no.

Damn, if 1/14, 1/21 and 1/28 are out for me, as well as 2/5, I've got only the...7th and then any day before February 18; that's when I leave for Vegas.

1/7 or 2/12 and any other Sundays that aren't the 29th are the only dates I can go.

Oh, and I should also add, the 29th is out now too.

I hope I can make it guys.

#70042 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 December 2005 - 02:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not sure about Sunchip and me Nerfing both days, we're good for that Saturday, but I'm pretty sure this is the plan:

1) Either one or both of my parents drive me Friday afternoon around four or four-thirty to Sunchip's.

2) We pick up Sunchip and we drive merrily down to the [insert hotel name here] within twenty miles of the war site.

3) We get up Saturday morning and drive to the actual war, getting there easily by the time it starts.

4) We Nerf however long we can that Saturday.

5) We leave at whatever time and *hopefully* get back before 1:00 AM Sunday to my house, Sunchip will probably get home about an hour, hour and a half earlier than me, putting him there at 11:00 to 12:00.

So yeah, me and Chip are only good for Saturday, I don't think any of our parents would be cool with us getting home at like midnight or early morning on Monday, plus that would just freakin' suck.

#69692 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 December 2005 - 09:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Actually, I meant along the lines of rules and such, since I'm not very experienced, not faggotry - I'm a pretty quiet kid.

And actually, I use megas as well, but I shouldn't have any problems with my 2ks; they haven't failed me yet. I think I've heard about the stare down, something about staring at your eyes and you starting to laugh? :P

I'll be there, you can count on me whooping you all.

EDIT: Sweet, I'm counting on you being there sniperdude, and if you're not, I'll beat you with a metal pole.