NerfMonkey's Content

There have been 1000 items by NerfMonkey (Search limited from 13-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#46433 Johnny Carson Dead

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 January 2005 - 07:15 PM in Off Topic

Johnny Carson, who was 79 years old, died of emphysema today. It was probably from smoking. For those of you (if anyone) who didn't know, he was the host of "The Tonight Show" before Jay Leno took over. He was supposedly surrounded by his family.

#66412 Nerf Experiences

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 October 2005 - 02:18 PM in General Nerf

I did this with an RF20 and was able to fit about three 1/2" shotgun darts down each barrel, making for loads of fun just unloading on targets. Given that it only got about 15' flat, it was very impractical for wars, but next I'd like to try an RF100 now that I have some fresh foam.

#50764 Nerf Wars In Oh Anybody?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 March 2005 - 06:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Check out The Big List of Nerfers. It lists all the Nerfers (at least those who are members of NerfHQ).

#62260 At3k+brass

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 August 2005 - 07:31 PM in Modifications

Most people say brass is pretty light and I've seen a few mods that use brass. I think you'd be fine with it. You should make the barrels whatever length they are in cx's mod on this site, just with brass I guess.

EDIT: Brass is fine. "The barrel material is very difficult to find and can be replaced with 9/16" OD K&S brand brass tubing for very similar performance."

-cx's AT3k mod.

#45931 Fido

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 January 2005 - 06:44 PM in Off Topic

Bit late, but happy b-day!

#86292 Stereoscopy

Posted by NerfMonkey on 02 August 2006 - 12:46 AM in Off Topic

I'm not sure if this is worthy of its own thread, and I generally try to stay away from posting too much off-topic stuff, but since if you post in an old thread it will no longer go back up to the recent threads list, I decided it was. I know this is no new concept but I wondered if anyone else has tried it.

Stereoscopy is the process of combining two 2D images to form one 3D image. You take two images at two slightly different angles from the subject and put them backwards, so that the image at the angle your right eye would normally see the subject at is on the left and vice versa. If you don't get it check out the Wikipedia article on it. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Stereoscopy

I created one and it's really quite easy. It doesn't seem to involve as much calculation as you might expect to get the angles good enough. This is the only one I've done so far. I know it's boring but it was mainly just a test. Look at these two pictures and cross your eyes. You should then see one 3D image in the middle of two 2D images. The fan and the backpack to the right of it stand out the most.

http://img86.imagesh...ge=3dfanai0.png

So, has anyone else tried making these kinds of pictures or any other interesting things like that when they were bored?

#114983 In Site Questions

Posted by NerfMonkey on 07 July 2007 - 10:37 PM in Off Topic

This will answer all of your questions.

Being a recently validated member doesn't excuse missing the advice we give in what is now every other thread. SEARCH.

Being a non-recently validated member also doesn't give you the right to take the place of admins and be a bitch to new members.

1. That's a signature. The series of dashes with words under it is what I think you mean. It doesn't serve any real purpose and it just another way to set yourself apart from other members.

2. The plunger is the part of a spring gun that is pulled back, compressing a spring, and when the gun is fired it moves forward and forces air out of the tube in which it's housed to fire darts. Some people also refer to the pump in pump guns as a plunger, and it is in the sense that it pushes air into the tank, but generally people are referring to springers when they talk about plungers.

3. It depends on what you want out of it. Generally springers are faster (rate of fire wise) than pump guns, but pump guns generally outrange springers. If you want a good balance between range and rate of fire I suggest a large springer that has a big plunger and strong spring. It's still faster to cock it once than it is to pump a gun three or four times and can still maintain good ranges if its propulsion system as a whole is big enough. If you want the same balance of range and rate of fire from a pump gun go buy an Airtech 2000 (AT2k or just 2k) from Kohl's and replace the stock barrels of the turret with something else and plug the pump.

Welcome.

#66750 Anyone For Some Discussion?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 October 2005 - 11:31 PM in Modifications

Exterminator modded his Mav with CPVC. One of my friends did this too, and I should try it as it gets about 50' flat. I think that's about all you'll get unless you do light, light, light, very light spring replacement like Duce, which I think he said got like 60' flat(?). I like my Maverick but don't use it too much due to its poor range and accuracy.

As for the Firefly, I don't like them. The same friend with the CPVC Mav has one; he says he's going to CPVC it, so we'll see how that goes. I don't think there have been any mods other than restrictor removal and spring replacement (with some reinforcement of course).

I got my BBB for $20, but I think some places still have them at $25. As Uncle Hammer said, they're only at TRU and I like mine. I use it a lot because of its solid feel.

Basically, the Mav has a little potential, but not a lot, and the Firefly I'm not too impressed with. It's horribly uncomfortable and only gets about 40' flat with the restrictor mod and I can't see it getting any more with CPVC.

#59141 1/2" Pvc

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 July 2005 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

I don't know why Nerf micros wouldn't fit. I'm not sure how putting PVC over the Crayola helps, so I'd say yes. I did a regular Crayola mod on mine and get about 49' flat with bands. It's not the best but it gets the job done. You can do a straight Crayola mod, but having PVC over it looks better, at least I think so. Good luck.

You should start using Stefans too, unless you can't find materials.

#51879 Chainblazer

Posted by NerfMonkey on 07 April 2005 - 08:45 PM in General Nerf

I don't have a Chainblazer, but I've heard they get good range for a fast gun. There is a problem with jamming, though. And chains sometimes fall off. The RF20's range is lower, but it's got twenty shots, although that means much slower reload time. Most would say the Chainblazer is an excellent gun.

#51882 Chainblazer

Posted by NerfMonkey on 07 April 2005 - 09:04 PM in General Nerf

You might want to go to Nerfcenter for a better review first.

#82783 Hamma Time!

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 June 2006 - 03:44 PM in Off Topic

The thread title made me think of a t-shirt of mine...

Posted Image

Happy birthday dude!

#104409 Pumping On My At2k Is Messed Up

Posted by NerfMonkey on 07 May 2007 - 05:23 PM in Modifications

Check valve problem is what it sounds like. Or maybe the o-ring on your pump just came out of place or shrunk and isn't making a proper seal. Check the o-ring first and if it's shot replace it, and if you can't find a problem with the pump shaft itself you'll probably have to completely replace the pump with a new one.

#359109 University of Akron Nerf War, April 21st!

Posted by NerfMonkey on 08 April 2017 - 07:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to try to get out to this one since it's only an hour drive for me. Got a rough headcount?

#56275 Barrel Q

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 June 2005 - 03:06 PM in Modifications

Yes, usually your local Lowe's or Home Depot will carry CPVC, 1/2" is what you want.

#56272 Barrel Q

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 June 2005 - 02:59 PM in Modifications

For micros, PVC will not work, unless you're nesting a Crayola or CPVC in it, but for megas (though an NF wouldn't have much power for them), 1/2" PVC is the way to go. Don't use PVC unless you're going to use a micro barrel in it. And search next time, there is an overabundant number of topics like this.

Good luck.

#69996 Ballgun Stefan Mod Writeup

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 December 2005 - 09:03 PM in Modifications

EDIT: I was aware of the picture per post limit, but not 'dynamic pages in image tags', so here's the NHQ thread for those interested.

Thread

If I'm not allowed to link to my mod on another site, please tell me and I'll try to figure out a way to post the whole thing here.

#77605 Attention Bc Nerfers...

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 March 2006 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

By BC do you mean Boston College?

For you Canadian Nerfers:

it is (supposedly) quite close to Simon Fraser University in Vancouver.  We'll be flying in to Seattle on April 14th

If you're close to SFU

No.

#48192 Happy B-day Ironman

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 February 2005 - 03:36 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday!

#50557 Airzone Crossbow

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 March 2005 - 10:04 PM in General Nerf

I got one a few weeks ago. I chopped off the air restrictor on the end of the barrel and shoved a Crayola down there. It gets about 50' flat for me. It could have been done better with some brass, copper, etc. but I was short on materials. I don't use it much, since it's a single shot gun. It's decent and the ROF is okay for a pretty good micro shooter. I kept the bow parts on mine, but lost the strings. I use those circle-shaped holes on the bow arms as ammo holders. The ones on the outside fit 1/2" Stefans beautifully. I'd recommend buying it for $10.00 if you're into Blast Bazooka-esque guns.

#201114 Aim Showoff

Posted by NerfMonkey on 04 January 2009 - 07:31 PM in Off Topic

It took "several, several shots" did it? That's quite a few.

#97376 Rf20 Ideas

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 December 2006 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

One has been done but not written up.

Two has been done and written up.

Three is just stupid.

Four...we don't give a fuck if you're puking on the floor, this thread sucks. Try these ideas on your own instead of telling all of us to give you pictures of them and stay off the forums when you're drunk.

#84142 Rapid Fire 20 Pumping Problem Thingy.

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 July 2006 - 05:43 PM in General Nerf

You can't overpump an RF20, it's got a pin on the bladder that releases excess air when it gets too full.

Your o-ring on the pump might not be making a proper seal anymore; it could also have a leak in the tubing. If it's the o-ring you'll need to buy a new one and if it's the tubing you'll need to replace it or find a way to patch it up. Use Plumber's Goop to fix the tubing or use 1/4" OD vinyl tubing to replace the broken section. If it's the o-ring you should be able to find a new one at a hardware store, or so I've heard.

Good luck.

#64754 Different Guns

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 October 2005 - 04:25 PM in General Nerf

A friend of mine named Eric has a small plastic orange gun that shoots the exact darts from that shotgun. It's actually pretty good. I'd consider the shotgun because if it fires the same darts maybe it's about the same performance-wise.

#49118 Mano...?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 March 2005 - 04:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, Streetz, I'm not being rude but you did look kind of retarded. It says Massachussetts (sp?) in the topic title. ;)

#105478 Question

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 May 2007 - 05:32 PM in General Nerf

Get your info straight before answering questions. It's neither; it's got a motor in it, hence the name Rev Shot.

#77731 Rf 20 Help

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 March 2006 - 07:33 PM in General Nerf

The tubing is fine; it looks like it would interfere with closing the case but it's always like that, you just can't see it when you have the black cover on.

Like Angel said, make sure the black seal piece is in place. I'll go get some pictures of mine's internals with everything correctly in place and you can compare them. Good luck; I'll edit this post later with pics.

EDIT: Pictures aren't necessary. I just checked mine's internals and your seal piece is in place wrong. Side-to-side, not up and down, is the way the wings have to go in.

#77758 Rf 20 Help

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 March 2006 - 09:41 PM in General Nerf

50', what did you do to it? Wow. I'd like a video but it's not necessary, I can believe 50' from an RF20 just with really heavy modding. What all did you do?

#53141 Serious Problem

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 April 2005 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

Did you put the rubber black thing over where the air comes out with the two holes in it back in the right way? It has to be put in with the holes in it vertical, they CAN NOT BE HORIZONTAL. I did that on mine and it took me a day to figure out what was wrong with it.

#84989 Xbow Problem

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 July 2006 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

And, if you want to know my ranges, with a good dart I can get 75-80+ and angled 90-100+.

So...what you're saying is that your 3B gets over 80' flat with mega Stefans? That doesn't sound quite right.

What's the problem if the gun you expected not to get good range gets better range than your other one? As long as they both work for you don't worry about it. Unless your Crossbow's range really sucks or something, but if you didn't even notice until your 3B was modded, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

#47018 New Forum!

Posted by NerfMonkey on 08 February 2005 - 05:44 PM in General Nerf

Pretty cool site. The Gun Ideas section is brilliant! Very nice job! :D

#104995 A Question About Seno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 May 2007 - 02:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Not to mention I can't think of a single person from REN who still posts here or on HQ. Alabama (or Georgia maybe) still has the LRC but I don't know if they're going to host one and if they do they'll only post it on HQ because none of them are active here.

#104239 Rf20 Barrel Replacement?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 06 May 2007 - 04:31 PM in Modifications

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5730

People aren't always going to hand you information. That only took me a few seconds to find.

#73065 Airtech 3k Mod Problems

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 February 2006 - 05:11 PM in Modifications

That's not your OP valve, it's the check valve. I lost both 3ks the same way. It might have been due to the fact that I did a craptacular job plugging the pump and got a mound of glue on it, so if you have another be careful plugging the pump. If the gun just loses all the air as soon as you pump it that's the check valve and I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think there's a way to fix that other than just replacing the stock pump with a totally different one.

If you plan on doing this, just take some 1/4" outer diameter vinyl tubing and replace the stock 3k tubing with that. Connect it with Plumber's Goop to both the 3k tank and the new pump you're using. You probably won't be able to keep the cool shotgun-esque pump, but it would be a lot better to have a working gun with a new pump in it.

#52625 What's The Best Pipe To Use For Megas?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 April 2005 - 11:10 AM in General Nerf

Plus you could buy like thirty feet of it for about $5.00 USD at Lowe's. That's what I do. :D

#98239 Lnl Catch Problem

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 January 2007 - 07:02 PM in General Nerf

The catch is symetrical, it doesn't matter which way it is facing.

Actually one side of it is sloped and that should be facing forward.

#108459 Magstrike, Pc Ranges?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 30 May 2007 - 09:22 PM in General Nerf

Both my PCs are very reliable. One I've owned for a year and a half and the other for six months; neither of them has had any problems.

Like CS said the ranges are around the same, but my Magstrike got a few feet (maybe 5) on my PCs, probably because the clips are a tighter fit on my Stefans.

#81805 Mav Help

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 May 2006 - 02:25 PM in Modifications

Wow. Wow, that's all I can say.

There have been literally fifteen threads asking for help from people that restrictor modded their Mavs and now they won't shoot. Just SEARCH. I don't have the authority to tell people to search but these threads just piss the hell out of me. Please, just search and find the answer yourself, I'm sick of these threads.

#81965 Yet Another Sharpshooter 2 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 May 2006 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

http://nerfhaven.com/mods/cxwq_ssii/

It's not really a new idea.

#59121 Pc Vs Rf20?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 July 2005 - 01:44 AM in General Nerf

Wait. You have both, so why are you asking us which is better? Just mod them and test them against each other, then you'll know. I'm pretty sure PCs get better ranges modded than RF20s, but Shadow Ghost's mod claims to get 55-60' flat or something. I only own an RF20 (two, actually), but based on what I've read the PC is the better gun, although you may want to just try them and see which you like better.