NerfMonkey's Content

There have been 1000 items by NerfMonkey (Search limited from 13-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#132057 Problem Solved (get More Power And Distance)

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 December 2007 - 03:40 PM in Homemades

Don't use geoshitties. Use Imageshack.

#111159 Marylanders?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 June 2007 - 12:14 AM in Off Topic

Anyone heard from ThatwasRandom lately? He's down that way I think.

Who are you asking? DCNO is the war nearest you that happens regularly and has many NIC people in attendance.

I see TWR on AIM all the time. Next the he's on I'll ask him about Saturday.

I spoke to him a few weeks ago on AIM. He said he's not coming unfortunately, but he still seemed like he wanted to so I don't think he's given up Nerfing or anything.

#109144 New Spiderman Gun

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 June 2007 - 12:21 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

That's the one I modded. Unfortunately it needs fixed because the plungerhead ripped off the shaft when it was cocked too fast, but it can hit 40' with ease.

#146153 Ancient Crossbow-like Gun.

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 March 2008 - 02:23 PM in General Nerf

EDIT: I lied. It's been years since I've looked at a picture of either but I have seen a picture of this gun before.

#113924 Learn From My Mistake

Posted by NerfMonkey on 30 June 2007 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

No offense but you're a retard.

The rubber disk will blow if you get rid of the goo gauge. That's it.

#148274 Ancient Crossbow-like Gun.

Posted by NerfMonkey on 30 March 2008 - 11:02 PM in General Nerf

I wish you'd had this done in time to use it at yesterday's war.

Instead of that fucking Big Blast.

Looks nice. The ranges seem really shitty though, but I guess that's to be expected from such an old disgusting gun. My old Bow 'n Arrow never hit more than 60' and I can only assume it was because of all the garbage inside the plunger tube.

EDIT: You should try to flip the plunger tube around in there so you cock it from the back and then relocate the barrel so it's right in front of the plunger tube. You'd get better ranges that way but it would be a pain and I don't know if you could do it and keep the catch mech in the same place.

#162482 What Is This Nerf Gun?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 July 2008 - 03:57 AM in General Nerf

Don't listen to nerfmonkey, he just had bad luck with his. Mine that I kept gets 85', and its dead accurate. It's actually the only gun I kept/keeping.

I never mentioned my gun's range, what do you mean I had bad luck with it? And don't lie about your ranges, it makes you look like a jackass.

Anyway, anywhere from $25-35 would probably be about average for a Lock 'n Load in that kind of condition. You're not likely to get $40+ unless you get an exceptionally stupid person offering to buy it, and you shouldn't sell it for less than $20. The one I sold was heavily used so I was willing to let it go for $15 but yours is in perfect shape.

#162406 What Is This Nerf Gun?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 July 2008 - 04:01 PM in General Nerf

I don't think it's really "worth" more than $20 USD but analog kid is wrong; there are dumb fucks all over this site and eBay that would be willing to pay $30+ for it. I was going to make about $25 on one a few weeks ago but the asshole I was selling it to dicked out last minute and bought another gun instead. I think since that gun's in such good shape you could easily get $25+ for it, especially if you put it on eBay.

#69301 Welts

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 December 2005 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

I really wouldn't recommend using sunglasses as eye protection if you're using any powerful guns, unless they're some incredibly tough ones - I've shattered a pair from about 10' with a 1/2" PVCed singled AT2k with a mega Stefan.

That same gun left a bump on Sqiggs's little finger that was about 1/2 cm high and like, about as wide. That was from about 15' or 20' with a mega Stefan outdoors.

I've had my brother test my guns on me. He shot me with my BBB at about 15' with a micro Stefan when the gun was new; I had a welt for two days on the back.

My friend shot me with a micro Stefan (a bad one, made with a single copper BB) from his badly modded Titan with just an 18", 1/2" copper barrel from about...six inches. Left a welt the shape of a Stefan between my ribs for weeks. That gun only shot 70' too.

I've been shot on the eyelid once, from my NF with a micro Stefan. Another was just below my right eye from Sqiggs hitting me with his NF at about 20'.

I got shot with my BBB with a micro Stefan from literally 5-10' in the arm and it left a small bruise there for about a week, maybe ten days. After that, my friend didn't want to Nerf.

#76912 Barrell Mod?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 March 2006 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

What is wrong with you? READ the damn mod before you ask for help.

Your gun is now ready, but you'll need a barrel. Because of the 1/2" coupler, you'll be able to put on any variety of barrels via 1/2" PVC. The barrel that I chose to use, because it suits my darts the best is a 3 sectioned telescoping brass barrel. To make the barrel, take 10" of 1/2" sch. 80 PVC, place inside of that 12" of 9/16" inch brass. The brass should stick 3 inches out of the back (the distance from coupler to coupler, not a coincidence) inside of the 12" brass section is a 6" piece of 17/32" brass. This should stick out the back of the 9/16" about 1/8" of an inch, as little as possible.

#65830 Home Made Ball Valve Air Gun Results

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 October 2005 - 12:48 PM in Homemades

1 meters = 3.2808399 feet

260-330 feet? Impossible. Unless you're measuring angled range with some crazy kind of darts, that's not going to happen.

#62735 Hexadecimal

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 August 2005 - 05:34 PM in Off Topic

Wait, there's something that I'm not getting.
When I do 8 x 16^3 + 9 x 16^2 + 10 x 16^1 + 11 x 16^0, I get 134,254,76.30. Am I doing the operations wrong? 16^3 would be 16x16x16, right? So then that would be equal to 4,096. 4,096x8=32,768. So that's not the way you do it, right? Because that means that I get a number that's way too huge. What am I doing wrong?

Is it that the calculator I'm using misinterprets 4,096+9x256 to mean 4,096+9=5,003x256, equaling 1,280,768? I'm using a standard printing calculator, I think I'd need to use one (like a Google calculator) that can use parentheses to change the order of operations.

#77131 Barrell Mod?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 March 2006 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

Actually what I did was trying to help you out, but in an asshole way. Stupidity just annoys me, that's all. The mod writeup explained everything, and you didn't even bother to read it, so I told you to, but oh wait, I used the "D" word! Oh no!

If you're going to try to start something, make sure you don't look like an idiot in the first place, because that's what makes people like me mad.

Asshole.

#62737 Hexadecimal

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 August 2005 - 05:40 PM in Off Topic

Haha, exactly what I thought, I guess my edit was too late for you to see. Thanks a lot cx.

#81014 Photography

Posted by NerfMonkey on 30 April 2006 - 02:30 PM in Off Topic

I know there was already a thread on art, but I couldn't find one specifically on photography. I'd like to see some other people's photos and get some opinions on mine. This is a new hobby for me and all I've got is a digital camera and a tripod and haven't really got any experience besides taking pictures on vacation and around the backyard. Here are some of my photos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If the pictures are too big please tell me and I will resize them, but they seem like a reasonable size to me.

#62717 Hexadecimal

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 August 2005 - 12:06 PM in Off Topic

Thank you so much. I'm interested in learning the inner workings of the system and Shark. It's why I bought the thing - I'd much rather learn how something works and then use it to do things that can't normally be done (hence the hobby Nerfing) than use a cookie cutter type style of doing things. I understand Hex now and Bin is starting to make a lot more sense. Thanks guys, that helped a lot. I've got a book that has a section on Binary in it; it uses boxes full and empty of pumpkins starting at two per row and going up to 1,024 I think. That made it pretty simple but now I really get it. Thanks again.

#79440 Any Other Pistol Finatics

Posted by NerfMonkey on 10 April 2006 - 03:34 PM in General Nerf

I really wouldn't call the UH Crossbow a pistol. It weighs at least a pound and a half and is bigger than a Maxshot.

I love my L'nLs but I can't fight with only pistols. I need either more range or more shots - that's where PCs and Maxshots come in. I'm no good with pistols, so I'm not a big fan of them, they're exclusively sidearms for me. Pistols wars are very fun though, since you can get a lot closer to people than with larger single-shots.

#77824 First Post; Need Advice

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 March 2006 - 05:48 PM in General Nerf

I sincerely apologize to the starter of the thread for semi-instigating a big slew of garbage and destroying your thread. I've really got nothing to contribute, other than good luck. I just wanted to say I'm sorry.

#77818 First Post; Need Advice

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 March 2006 - 05:28 PM in General Nerf

It seems you have quite a history of making fun of people for simple typos.

I don't care if I'm a shitty typist.

#77810 First Post; Need Advice

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 March 2006 - 04:08 PM in General Nerf

welcome and this is a good topic for new people  new person guide

-doom

Somhow I find your post extremely ironic.

EDIT: Oh my God, a typo! Oh no!

#62699 Hexadecimal

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 August 2005 - 01:22 AM in Off Topic

Nope, most of the teachers around here have never even heard of Hex. They didn't teach us shit about Binary, Hex or anything yet and I'm going into eighth grade.

Was it hard for you to learn? Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I've read about ten explanations and haven't understood any of it. All I know is the base sixteen, 0-F.

#49944 Rf20 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 March 2005 - 07:44 AM in Modifications

Yeah, sure. I'll have some pictures of the parts, the barrel system and the finished gun. I'll try to find the digicam today. Unfortunately, yes, the whole barrel assembly moves back and forth. I haven't had any problems with it loosening and coming off, but I put some rubber bands around one side of the neck where the darts come down and looped them over the top of the stock gun.

#49961 Rf20 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 March 2005 - 04:36 PM in Modifications

Small Stefans about 1/2" long with the weight off center so they go everywhere. They got the name "shotgun darts," or just "shotguns," from people putting three or more into a barrel of a gun and firing them. They spread out everywhere, which can be deadly indoors.

#49974 Rf20 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 March 2005 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

DAMN. I only tried it loading the shotguns down the end of the barrel, not into the neck of PVC. When I tried that, they got all jammed up. Vintage had it right. Anybody know how I could keep the darts straight when they fall down? If this doesn't work out, I already have an idea for another mod anyway. It's still a good shotgun, though. I could take 6" lengths of PVC, fill them with shotguns, stick one on the end of the barrel, take it off and then shoot. It would at least be a good shotgun and decrease reload time.

#49928 Rf20 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 March 2005 - 10:55 PM in Modifications

That's not exactly how it works. The Stefan doesn't go into the Crayola barrel. I used the tighter 1/2" PVC. Not Sch 80, but it is the tighter kind of Sch 40. It has blue lettering on it. The dart doesn't turn ninety degrees. Obviously the part with the weight in it is going to fall first into the chamber. When the dart leaves the barrel, I can't tell if it goes out straight, or if it straightens in the air. I'm sorry, I don't know exactly how it works, but it works well. That's all I can tell you. It is hard to explain, but it is one of the coolest mods I've ever done. THIRST did this? Was that on his Air Tech 2000 or a Rapid Fire?

#49925 Rf20 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 March 2005 - 10:28 PM in Modifications

I just did it and it works pretty good. It actually increased its range by a few feet. I'm pretty happy with it.

#47417 Where Is Everyone From?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 February 2005 - 04:08 PM in Off Topic

I'm from Ohio. Northeast Ohio, just outside of Youngstown. There aren't many Nerfers in Ohio, are there? It's mostly just me and three or four others who Nerf around here. :huh:

#48082 Modded Sm750

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 February 2005 - 12:26 PM in Modifications

The upper barrel looks sort of wobbly. Is that just because of the picture, or does it need some more support? Excellent work. :cry: And the M&Ms tube is the air tank, right? So what are the optimum pumps?

#49921 Rf20 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 March 2005 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

I have done a mod on my Rapid Fire 20 that I believe is my own idea. Since the reload time is sooo slow, I came up with a way to eliminate reloading altogether. Okay, you still have to reload, but only once every fifty or so shots. Let me explain. It's very simple. All I did was take off the turret, take off that black piece with the two holes in the top and make a new barrel assembly. I took a Crayola barrel, stuck it into some Sch 40 1/2" PVC, about 6" long, then put that piece into a "T" shaped connector and put another 6" long piece out the part of the "T" that makes up the base. The part without another part sticking out on the opposite side of it. MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE PIECE OUT OF THE "T" FACING UPWARD. Then I hot glued the Crayola barrel onto the part of the RF20 where the air is released, and put gobs of duct tape around it over the glue. At this point your barrel assembly should look like a big "T". You don't need anything on the end of the "T" connector that faces away from the gun, that is the end of the gun. The part of the "T" that makes up the whole assembly that sticks out at a ninety degree angle to the rest of it sticks upward, toward the ceiling. This is the part that is filled with shotgun Stefans. This next step is not necessary, unless you want to have a HUGE ammo load. Take a bottle of water with the cap the size of the ones on the two liter soda bottles. Glue the PVC that points toward the ceiling inside the neck of this bottle and cut off the top of the bottle. This is a homemade "hopper" that holds darts. Then they fall down the neck, down the PVC and into the firing chamber. I haven't tested it with a lot of darts in the hopper at once, but jamming may be a problem. The darts could get stuck sideways in the firing chamber. Note: this mod is designed to shoot only shotgun Stefans. However, if you are in an emergency and have no shotgun darts, you can stick a regular size dart into the end of the barrel, or put a few in and use it like a "shotgun." This is a mod that will greatly increase you Rapid Fire's rate of fire. Please post your comments and questions. If anyone is interested enough, ask and I will post pictures. Sorry if this is kind of complicated, but if you are seriously thinking about trying this, tell me and I will post some pictures. Hope you like it!

#49978 Rf20 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 March 2005 - 07:54 PM in Modifications

I'll have pics posted tomorrow afternoon. Thanks a lot. What was your clip mod, Thirst? It sounds pretty awesome. I was going to do a clip type thing for the RF20. I do, however, need a way to keep the darts from falling down the wrong way and getting stuck sideways in the barrel. If I can't get this mod off the ground, I'm going to try a ten or fifteen shot clip that will be either gravity fed or go through the side of the gun, that way the white piece that turns the turret will be able to move the clip through. I hope I can find a way for this to work, though.

#49980 Rf20 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 March 2005 - 08:08 PM in Modifications

Well, I don't know, but I'd ballpark it at about five to ten feet more. It's not much of an improvement, but it's better. I can use it as a shotgun with pretty good range, but I'd rather it be full-auto. Thanks for the mod, Thirst. I'll try the removable turret mod. That is a very nice mod.

#60816 Stefan Shotgun Shells

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 August 2005 - 04:43 PM in Homemades

I love shotgun Stefans, though I don't use them that much. The best example I can think of for them to be used effectively is, like others have said, in very powerful guns that can shoot them well, such as a 2k. I use them in my RF20 sometimes (only indoors) and they work wonders for battles with more than five hit kills, at least playing East Coast (or West, I can't remember, whichever one doesn't count barrages of darts as one hit) style, because you can unload on people with as many as fifteen darts per second.

#62191 Smoke Stefans/ Markers

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 August 2005 - 11:11 AM in Homemades

Actually, pretty much any airgun will do that; I'm not sure why but I think it's got to do with the temperature of the air being released from the gun into the air outside, which is a different temperature.

#62692 Hexadecimal

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 August 2005 - 11:03 PM in Off Topic

The name of the poll says it. I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to count in Hex. It's the language used in GameShark Pro 3.3, which I'm extremely interested in for messing around with Quake II a bit. :( I'm trying to learn it, and I think I'm starting to understand it, but not really. It's really hard for me to get, but I really, really want to learn it so I can try my hand at hacking with the GS eventually.

#57486 Nite Finder Better Stock?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 June 2005 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

I think that hobby shops that sell train stuff are most likely to carry brass. I don't know how it's used in trains, but if the place specializes in trains, try there first.

#57328 Nite Finder Better Stock?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 June 2005 - 10:21 AM in Modifications

You mean those little ridges in the Crayola? Most say to, and I've heard it helps a little, so I'd say yes. I did, but I never fired my Crayola barreled NF before that, so I don't know how much of a difference it makes.

#50203 Rf20 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 March 2005 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

Okay, here they are. Sorry they're a bit late, I had to get my dad to help me 'cause I have no idea how to use digicam software. The first pic is just the barrel assembly (duh), and the second is the whole thing. I did not include the Crayola in the pics, but it is just glued right onto the piston. If there are any problems with these pics, tell me.

http://photobucket.c...20modpic002.jpg
http://photobucket.c...20modpic001.jpg

Sorry, I can't do this. I screwed something up, I'll try to fix it tonight. Tell me if you can see those pics. I just went to the URL box and copied and pasted it. Thanks. Yeah, I messed it up. Please help.

#50262 Rf20 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 22 March 2005 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

Okay, I got the pics working. Sorry for the double post, I would have edited my previous post, but I wanted to put this on the recent topic list so those who haven't seen them can see the pictures.

#50280 Rf20 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 22 March 2005 - 05:36 PM in Modifications

Yeah, shotgun darts, remember? I really need to redo the glue job and re-tape it, though. The whole thing's falling off.

#44484 Alternative Max Shot Cocking

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 December 2004 - 05:18 PM in Modifications

Hunter, WOW. Awesome. That kind of reminds me of the Scout's cocking mechanism, when I opened mine up I found a little metal rod that fit into a notch-like thing on the inside of the slidey part on top. When it is pulled back, the metal rod thing catches and pulls back to cock the gun. It also looks like some of the older guns with the handles on the sides that you pull back like the Sneak Shot or the Eagle Eye. Very nice! :rolleyes: