Void's Content

There have been 2 items by Void (Search limited from 13-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#299310 DTG brass barrel mod

Posted by Void on 04 June 2011 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

Sorry about not having pics yet. I have them, just they haven't been put up yet.

#299309 DTG brass barrel mod

Posted by Void on 04 June 2011 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

First off, I'd like to thank you guys for the new NFG feature. Fuckin New Guys WOOT!

Okay, so I'm not sure why in the hell there are so many people messing up the DTG brass barrel mod.
So heres how I made mine go 50 feet flat on an average, though i'm sure with other mods, it could go farther, I
kept all the parts stock except for the barrels.:

materials:
30in(2.5ft) of 17/32 brass
hotglue/superglue
DTG blaster(duh)
any hack/power saw
pipe cutters(duh)

Take apart the whole gun, first take out the turret, and unscrew the barrel assembly. Take out all of the air-
restrictor pieces, including the plates. Cut your 17/32 brass into ten 3in sections (1.5in for stefans).

Set them aside, and take out the case. Cut off the first 6.4cm of the front of the gun(or until you get to the
plate)
OPTIONAL: I did myself a favor and cut off that annoying ass front handle, it doesn't help the gun
or make it look any prettier, but it's way less annoying to hold with the handle off.

Take your turret and place all of the ten brass pieces into the barrel holes, make sure they go all the way down
in. Take your glue (prefferably hot glue or super glue, don't use gorilla glue, I learned that one the hard
way), and glue in the brass from the end of the plastic holders where the AR plates used to be.

Thats it for the barrels, to make your gun hit the highest range possible, here are some tips, however mine only
goes 50ft.

Make sure that the glue is holding securley enough so the barrels are 100% airtight.

put in a larger spring (NF for example) and/or do a draw extention.

Put in an extra or a better catch spring.

put E-Tape under the O-ring, or add an extra.

Lubricate the O-ring.

Make sure the turret is rotating correctly, if not make sure the lower-front screws are in tight enough.

make sure the correct reinforcements are done to ensure your plunger rod doesn't snap like mine onece did.

That about covers it! I know the gun isn't pretty in the picture, but I finished it a few hours after taking them.
I hope this worked, I guess the reason for the problems in other peoples basters were the length of the barrels,
because mine shoots flawlessly.

This is my first, so please take it easy, and if your blaster is fucked up, just ask for a solution if you can't figure one out yourself.