NerfHaven: My Newest Homemade - NerfHaven

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Newest Homemade My homemade Riffle

#1 User is offline   Osiris 

• Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:32 AM

I just finnished my homemade rifle. It works on an airtank and it does not have a pump. It is pumped before using it. I dont know how to do pics, so my friend THIRST is editing this to put them up.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Osiris: 01 April 2005 - 11:36 AM

#2 User is offline   duce 

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:37 AM

If you pump it before hand, does it only get one shot or is semi-auto and allow for multiple shots? Sounds cool, can't wait for pic.

EDIT: Dude that thing is pretty sweet, very cleanly done, nice job. That tank is quite large, I'd imageine the ranges are good. My question from above stands. I like the handle, is it one of those air compressors? Where did you get it?

This post has been edited by duce: 01 April 2005 - 11:41 AM

"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#3 User is offline   Osiris 

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:40 AM

They are up now Duce. The gun has not been tested yet I just finnished it today tomorow I think it will be testing day. Oh and THIRST thank you for helpnig me post the pics. The handle is from a pressure washer. God why does everyone like hose handles they suck. Iv tried one before and it would not stop leaking at low pressures. These are much better they are rated 1000-5000psi. I think I will make it semi-auto with a gravty fed clip. Its not finnished yet this is jsut what I have soo far right now its just ram and shoot so ROF isn't that great.

This post has been edited by Osiris: 01 April 2005 - 11:50 AM

#4 User is offline   MattPaintballer 

• Location:Where the slots are plentiful, and the yards are small

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:12 PM

That is awesome! It looks like some kind of sweet paintball marker painted black. Hope the semi-auto stuff works out! Good job. I like the handle thing a lot - I hate those hose things too. They are so uncomfortable and hard to squeeze! Is it easy or hard to pull the trigger on this one?

Edit: Typo, I said it instead of is.

This post has been edited by MattPaintballer: 01 April 2005 - 12:24 PM

"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#5 User is offline   rusty 

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:16 PM

I think it's funny that this homemade made it onto hackaday and boltsnipers didn't.

#6 User is offline   The Infinite Shindig 

• Arma-what-now?
  • Group: Contributors
  • State:NULL (No Answer)

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:20 PM

No offense, but that gun looks like it could kill somebody. If kill was too strong of a word, I'll settle for it drawing blood. Don't get wrong, it's a cool idea, but this is Nerf not paintball. If you get much more than 100' with that thing, I'd reconsider using it in battle just for sheer safety reasons.

Personally, I would not want to be within 150' of that thing. For that reason, I'd probably never engage in a Nerf War with that thing in somebody's hands.

Langley, those memories of diving into bushes whenever Proxy Server was leveled at me are coming back again.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#7 User is offline   Sqiggs89 

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:58 PM

Looks really awesome it does look like it could kill someone but I think it is awesome.
Been a while.
#bro

#8 User is offline   boltsniper 

• Group: Contributors

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:48 PM

I like the idea of using the pressure washer handle. It makes much more sense than a hose handle. Have you range tested it yet? It does look intimidating...especially since it resembles a paintball marker so much. I especially like the crosshair yu put on there. What it that off of, or did you make it from scratch?

#9 User is offline   GeneralPrimevil 

• Location:West Michigan, in a basement, chained to a wall, with nothing but a puter and a NiteFinder to keep me busy.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:33 PM

Very nice. It seems to have good balance due to the mid-mounted trigger group and most of the weight directly below the pistol grip.
It really does look like a Mega-Z paintball marker.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#10 User is offline   pigeon4 

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:06 AM

boltsniper, on Apr 4 2005, 03:48 PM, said:

I especially like the crosshair yu put on there.  What it that off of, or did you make it from scratch?

If you look closely, the crosshair appears to be a small peice of 1/2" PVC with wire in the middle.
Current Projects:
1.Nerf XM8 Assault Rifle (WIP)
2. Nerf Gatling Gun (in planning)
3. LD-1 Rifle (in planning)
4. Striker Pistol (in planning)
5. Nerf Shotty (in planning)

#11 User is offline   Half Newb Half Nerfer 

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:12 AM

That thing is cool. I'd like if you got some more pics put up though with comparisons to something like a popcan or a pennie.
~Halfling

#12 User is offline   Doom 

• NH's Official In-House Physicist
  • Group: Ambassadors
  • State:Texas

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:53 AM

With a pressure chamber that big, I wouldn't be surprised if you could use an entire shaft of Sch. 80 PVC as the barrel. At least try a longer barrel to see improvements in accuracy. B)

In the future I'd suggest keeping the pressure chamber size realistic. That's more close to a spud-gun than a Nerf gun with a chamber that large. I'd say that's at least 1.5 liters of air space at normal atmospheric pressure... far more than you'll ever need unless you plan on getting many shots out of one pressure chamber.
I am btrettel on IRC. Feel free to send me PMs or emails if you think I could help.

Nerf Engineering / My old blog / FANG blasters

#13 User is offline   Whiplord 

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:56 AM

Doom, on Apr 5 2005, 10:53 AM, said:

...far more than you'll ever need unless you plan on getting many shots out of one pressure chamber.

He mentioned that that was what he wanted. 30-40ish shots without repressurising. Just thought I'd point that out.

If I misunderstood what you were saying, my apologies.

#14 User is offline   J cobbers 

• State:Texas

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:26 PM

Place a ball valve inbetween the air tank and the pressure washer handle with acouple inches of pvc placed between the handle and the valve. Pump the gun with the valve open. Close it fire, open close and fire again. This will allow you to fire repeatedly without depleating the air tank quickly by having the valve and pvc section acting as a secondary tank.
"I hate you more than I hate church and learning."

#15 User is offline   sniperdude 

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:55 PM

My god, I think i have just wet my pants!! :lol:

~loser~
----If my toes were made of brocolli i would rule the world----

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic