JHawk's Content

There have been 4 items by JHawk (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#51088 Problems With Salvo

Posted by JHawk on 29 March 2005 - 10:08 PM in Modifications

. . . . it shoots pretty well, but only if you pump it 25 or so times... any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

p.s. how can i get to the over pressure relese? its glued on pretty solidly.

The way I got to the pump/over pressure release valve was to carefully dremel around the end cap. My appologies for less than perfect image quality, but it might do for getting a general image.

Posted Image

Notice the litlle posts on the end cap, and how I cut down the center of them? (Ok, in theory, at least. Sorry about the poor focus.) Put the gun together, and it helps keep the now-loose end in place. In the meantime:

Posted Image

You can now plug the release valve to your heart's content. But wait, there's more! I don't know if anyone else has run into this issue with their Big Salvo, but mine was not the most effective at pumping. While pumping, it would often feel like it wasn't building up any pressure. When I looked at the pump, particularly without the o-ring on, I noticed the following:

Posted Image

You might notice a bit of an angle to the area where the o-ring went that keeps it forward. If it is to push air into the chambers, that o-ring apparently needs to slide back. So I filled in some of that narrower space by putting a small rubber band on, in front of the o-ring:

Posted Image

After this, it pumped much more effectively for me.

One more issue I had was the lovely discovery of a leak. Upon investigation, I found that the air was leaking out the trigger mechanism.

Posted Image

On the monstrous trigger, the rod that goes into that blue assembly with the tubes has an o-ring on it. On my Big Salvo, it apparently wasn't making a tight enough seal. So I placed (didn't stick with all that lubricant on it) a couple layers of a thin strip of electrical tape I cut for the purpose. Once I got those to stay in place while I put the o-ring back on, I had a tighter fit, and it seems to be holding pressure better.

Hopefully this might be helpful to people discovering both wonders and frustrations with this gun.

#36729 Quad Barrel Titan W/scout

Posted by JHawk on 08 September 2004 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

A write-up would be nice.

I'm particularly interested in how you made the shotgun barrel.

Thanks.

#32962 Would You Buy Watermelon Pink 1/2" FBR?

Posted by JHawk on 02 August 2004 - 10:22 PM in General Nerf

Pink is all thats made, the samples i got were years old, and . . .

If the samples are years old, could we get someone to confirm/deny as to whether the color is all that's different?

Does it appear to be the same size as the sample?
Does the watermelon fbr fit about the same in PETG as the sample?
How about 9/16 brass?

Just curious.

#32953 Would You Buy Watermelon Pink 1/2" FBR?

Posted by JHawk on 02 August 2004 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

What are the prospects of getting some watermelon pink as well as going for the red?

I'm interested in colored fbr, and will take a decent quantity (~350') of either color. But I would be even more interested in getting some of each if it would work out.

So this leaves me with two questions; one for the sellers, and one for the prospective buyers:

1. Could you cut a deal with the manufacturers to get them to reduce the price on the watermelon batch (patch?), provided you'd get a batch of the red, that matched their sample?

2. Is there enough interest among the buyers for a quantity of both pink and red fbr?